AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Steins;Gate - Episode 24 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 123 57.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 53 24.88%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 9.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 3.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 2.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.47%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.47%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.47%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-15, 12:17   Link #141
bakuramariks
The Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
I wish he'd just killed Nakabachi and used his blood instead. Otherwise, it's perfect.
xD I wanted the same, but Okabe is not so easily angered person. Oh well, maybe next time .
Old 2011-09-15, 14:17   Link #142
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
An okay series. Never really got into Okarin, not a big fan of that type of character, everyone else was good though. Some events dragged on while others were far too short, the pacing could of been better.

I give it a 6.5/10. Satisfying enough, though I'll forget about it when the fall season starts.
Old 2011-09-15, 17:06   Link #143
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Decent ending, unlike so many series with great premise and story only to blow it at the very end. It did not go out with a bang, but Steins Gate was definitely one of the better anime in recent memory.

7/10 Last ep, 9/10 series overall.
Old 2011-09-15, 20:57   Link #144
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I was under the impression Suzuha vanished regardless of the time machine, because the future that produced her as she was at that moment ceased to exist when Okabe saved Kurisu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78
Suzuha should have disappeared the exact moment that the time machine got back to 8/21. I suppose they left the scene intentionally vague.
Okarin doesn't need to remake the time machine because he's in a different worldline now. It's the same thing with the D-mail: you receive it even if you never sent it in the current worldline. Their version of time travel allows an effect without a cause.
Ok here's my rebuttal.
Theory : Suzuha disappears during travel.
Issues
She is in a Time Machine, she should be immune to time effects
She traveled to the past and affected it. So she would be outside of her time immediately.
Her Time Machine should vanish as well (Being out of time), how does Okabe get home?
There should be 2 Okabe's. The one who left (ALPHA) and the one who was always there (S:G)

How to Fix:
Suzuha of S:G Picks up Okabe of S:G to go back and ensure the past happens
This in fact takes S:G Okabe and drops him off in S:G #2. Wow that just turns my brain to jelly to think about it.

All I'm really trying to say is there should be 2 SUZUHA's , one 22 and one not even born. Heck , even in the ALPHA Line there were 2 SUZUHA's, who do you think took care of FB?

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.

Last edited by Forbin; 2011-09-15 at 21:30.
Old 2011-09-15, 22:32   Link #145
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
All I'm really trying to say is there should be 2 SUZUHA's , one 22 and one not even born. Heck , even in the ALPHA Line there were 2 SUZUHA's, who do you think took care of FB?
That was technically still one Suzuha, really. One Suzuha who worked for Mr. Braun, and then thanks to going back in time from the leap, the one who raised him and apparently in the process created a time line where she was never his part time worker.
Old 2011-09-15, 22:45   Link #146
Myname

So this is an endless loop.

The Okabe that we've followed for 24 episodes finally gets a happy ending. But the 2nd Okabe that he deceived will have to go through the 3 weeks of time travel all over again.

This ends up being that the 3 weeks of time travel is a canon part of his life? So he will be traveling back in time regardless of world line.

I don't see how that works...
Old 2011-09-16, 01:09   Link #147
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myname View Post
So this is an endless loop.

The Okabe that we've followed for 24 episodes finally gets a happy ending. But the 2nd Okabe that he deceived will have to go through the 3 weeks of time travel all over again.

This ends up being that the 3 weeks of time travel is a canon part of his life? So he will be traveling back in time regardless of world line.

I don't see how that works...
Welcome to Time Travel!
Old 2011-09-16, 04:50   Link #148
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Making any copy is the last thing you want to do if you are about to flee to a country for protection in exchange for some supposedly secret information. Because if you make any copies, especially a digital copy, you risk it being stolen or copied infinite amount of times thus making your information worthless, thus your bargaining chip is lost in the process.
If you are worried about thieves, you could keep the copy in a safe at a bank. Then, even if the original is stolen or lost, you will have a backup. I think it's just common sense.

Quote:
The sane and logical thing is to actually have one and only one copy which you never leave it out of sight.
I stressed the important part. Nakabachi should have kept the paper in his handbag. The paper burned due to a fire in the cargo bay but the passengers were unharmed. Also, he should have committed the theory to memory already. The destruction of the documents preventing WWIII is a huge plot device IMHO.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Old 2011-09-16, 08:30   Link #149
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
If you are worried about thieves, you could keep the copy in a safe at a bank. Then, even if the original is stolen or lost, you will have a backup. I think it's just common sense.
Do note you're talking about a man who isn't well known for his common sense. He was paranoid; he stole the paper from his own daughter. I highly doubt he would want more than one copy floating around in case Kurisu ever tried to call him out on it.
Old 2011-09-16, 10:36   Link #150
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Pretty good anime , overall 8/10. Well , the ending was expected.
But i prefer the first half of the anime which was more interesting with the mystery.

And i think that Maeko is Daru's wife.
Old 2011-09-16, 17:03   Link #151
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Quote:

I stressed the important part. Nakabachi should have kept the paper in his handbag. The paper burned due to a fire in the cargo bay but the passengers were unharmed. Also, he should have committed the theory to memory already. The destruction of the documents preventing WWIII is a huge plot device IMHO.
He did not write the theory. If theory can be memorized so easily, who needs school.

Although, I do agree if the paper should've been with him instead of the cargo bay since its so damn important, but then again he might not want to seen paranoid holding onto his bag all the time.
Old 2011-09-17, 11:01   Link #152
Alucard24

Okabe didn't take any risk by being stabbed : he knows for a fact that he WILL be alive 15 years in the future.

But, since Kurisu joined the lab 2 months later ( when they meet at the end ), the time leap machine is never built and the microwave was sent away by Okabe just before. And since Kurisu is alive, he doesn't have any reason to build a time machine.

I think the disappearance of Suzuha is because of that.
Old 2011-09-17, 18:11   Link #153
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Also, he should have committed the theory to memory already. .
You're serious ?

It's not that easy to write a theory.
Old 2011-09-18, 00:45   Link #154
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:

Or he could have scanned and sendspaced the documents and retrieved them when he got to Russia and not worry about the paper copies.
Old 2011-09-18, 02:55   Link #155
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

A friend of mine recommended this anime so I stareted DL it. I really didn't pay mauch attention to this anime even if it was Huke's original artwork. Later I marathon the anime, it was yesterday evening and went for an all nighter and finished it.

Why I went for an all nighter? The story from the start was awesome! It's epic and flawless imho, this really is a truly great anime, I highly recommend anyone to watch this. All episodes to me are Perfect 10.

Now Iam awaiting the movie.

My favorite male character "Okarin" "Iama Mad Scientist BWAHAHAHAHAHA~~~!" lol
My favorite female character Mayuri and Kirisu
Old 2011-09-18, 08:36   Link #156
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Yep, that was an ending alright (saw it last Tuesday, just forgot to comment, haha).

Genuinely winced when Okabe elected to stick his hand inside his wound - though it certainly worked to ensure canon.

There are plenty of questions that certainly remain unanswered (namely how the time loop makes any damn sense) - but that's time travel. (If anyone fancies giving me an explanation on how the loop functions in terms of the changing world lines, PM me - if your brain hasn't fried by then )

It's still been a brilliant series, and one I would happily give a 10/10. The last episode itself also deserves a 10 - definitely not up to par with 22 and 23, but seeing as how I felt those warranted scores off the scale, it still applies.
Old 2011-09-18, 09:23   Link #157
Kafriel
Senior Guest

In my quite short break, I decided to finish S;G, just watched episodes 17~24, and I have to say it's definitely one of my favourites. I was kinda worried about the ending, because of the whole time travel and stuff, but I found it to be satisfying and very touching, especially right at the end...Okarin's three weeks will be keeping me company when I need to remember something nice
Old 2011-09-18, 09:30   Link #158
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Some anime do deserve a sweet ending after all the grimdark it goes through and Steins;Gate is one of them.
Old 2011-09-18, 18:22   Link #159
Chase

Right now i have to say this is one of the better anime's this year for me. Their really wasn't a dull streak with the anime despite it being 24 episodes. 2 halves of the show with two different vibes. I love it, 9/10 for this one. Much better scfi fix after the sour taste No.6 left me with.
Battlefield 4
Old 2011-09-19, 05:20   Link #160
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
It's not that easy to write a theory.
To write a theory sure, but Nakabachi simply had to remember what he read.
Even a student won't forget a theory that he studied for a while, and Nakabachi is a scientist. He also had to verify the theory before selling it to the Russians.
A theory is not occult gibberish, it's a series of logical passages. He should have been able to reconstruct it.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Closed Thread