AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Nisemonogatari - Episode 09 Discussion / Poll
Perfect 10 27 30.68%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 28.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 12.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 13.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 10.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.27%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.14%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.14%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-03-03, 18:34   Link #21
Spat

Oh that's nice, we get some more Karenservice, I just can't get enough of that cute littlWHATDIDSHEJUSTDOOOOooooooooohhh, that looks quite nice actually.

Good episode overall, I'm curious as to where this is going and I'm looking forward to seeing more of Tsukihi as well, since she strikes me as one of the most interesting characters of Nisemonogatari.
Spat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 18:43   Link #22
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Oh man she cut off the ponytail without a second thought. Though now she looks like a Kanbaru clone. Yes Shinobu finally intervened. Hachikuji had some great lines as well. The 2 news girls were very interesting.

So we only have 2 more eps, i haven't read the novels but can they really finish it 2 eps? It would basically be show how Tsukihi gets the phoenix in one ep then cure her in the next ep right?
Old 2012-03-03, 18:52   Link #23
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Hachikuji moments are always platinum comedy. Also, how the heck did Karen manage to cut her ponytail in a single stroke with a simple key?!

As for the new characters, they just got introduced and there are only two episodes left? I haven't read the novel, but it seems a short amount of time to me to wrap up everything, since we haven't even seen Tsukihi or her 'oddity' aside from the awl incident. I wonder how this will turn out...

Props for QB being there and JoJo references.
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 19:14   Link #24
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

So much fun. Seemed thin, somehow, but still the Art (dramatic, literary, visual) sustained it beautifully. Complex in word and deed.

The new woman is played by Shiraishi Ryouko. The new girl by Hayami Saori, whom I thought did a great job: I thought the voice might be Sakamoto Maaya.

I have to say as well that I thought both Kitamura Eri (Karen) and Katou Emiri (Mayoi) were quite outstanding in this episode. They both had such a clear, sharp tone of voice, under total control.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-03-03 at 19:26.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 19:37   Link #25
taichi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
They are going at an incredibly fast pace. At this rate they really will finish by episode 11.....damn it.

P.S They totally skipped Gahara-san's part.
But why? shit.. they must show hitagi with her new look and her reasons

Araragi was disgusting in this episode,he tried to kiss a little girl... yeah she is a ghost but...

and sorry but "I love hanekawa" totally different from what he said in tsubasa cat
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 20:38   Link #26
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
Speaking of avoiding, Tsubasa's scene reminds me, wasn't there a similar scene in Bake where he called her, and she claimed she was "studying", but was actually out wandering around? I assume she's avoiding going home. It's a little sad to see that the events of Tsubasa Cat didn't do much to change her tendency to obfuscate, or be dishonest about how she's feeling.
In Tsubasa's defense, all her story arc solved was her unrequited love with Araragi. We still know next to nothing about her family issues, other than the fact that it's vaguely unpleasant and her father hit her.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 01:02   Link #27
raruku

How could they put the rest of LN into 2 eps ?

impossible, I could say.
raruku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 01:30   Link #28
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by raruku View Post
How could they put the rest of LN into 2 eps ?

impossible, I could say.
They used 90 pages of material this week. We are on page 148 and the book is 340~ page long. If they keep up this pace it'll be 180 in two eps. 180+148=328.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 01:58   Link #29
Clarste
Human

This is the first episode of this series that I'm actually really disappointed in. I feel like this is exactly the wrong time to introduce two new characters. One was stretching it, two annoys me.

Other than that, the rest of the episode was an exercise in how long they can keep up variations on the same running jokes over and over again. Which, honestly, is something the series has been doing for a while now and I don't always mind, but it felt like the repeated jokes are getting less and less clever. Which is only natural, really.

Anyway, if this is what we get when they're cutting stuff out from the novel I'm prepared to say that Nisemonogatari (volume 2) is just pretty badly written. Which makes sense given what's been said about the intent behind writing it.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 02:14   Link #30
raruku

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
They used 90 pages of material this week. We are on page 148 and the book is 340~ page long. If they keep up this pace it'll be 180 in two eps. 180+148=328.
Thanks for the Explanation.
raruku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 03:35   Link #31
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

can someone tell me why that last girl uses "Boku"?

I thought Boku is a masculine term for I in japanese.
But she seems to use Boku to address herself... so im wondering why she uses Boku...
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 03:46   Link #32
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Anyway, if this is what we get when they're cutting stuff out from the novel I'm prepared to say that Nisemonogatari (volume 2) is just pretty badly written. Which makes sense given what's been said about the intent behind writing it.
Nise 2 is generally regarded as the weakest novel in the entire franchise, with a few highlights, one being for a lot of people what happened the last episode, the other being what will happen in the next couple. Obviously SHAFT feel the same way since they split the two novels into 7 and 4 episodes and than focused a lot on dat toothbrush...

What we get next is regarded as the peak of the series though... dat Kizu.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 03:50   Link #33
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
can someone tell me why that last girl uses "Boku"?

I thought Boku is a masculine term for I in japanese.
But she seems to use Boku to address herself... so im wondering why she uses Boku...
well im not totally sure since its nisio isin and i havent readed the novels, but there are times girls a dresses themselves as boku in anime usually when she tomboyish, other times just to make the character look cute and childish, an example is ayu from kanon.
Old 2012-03-04, 04:01   Link #34
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Oohh, I see Kanbaru doesn't bother with silly things such as clothes at home. I approve of this.

It's funny to see Karen and Koyomi fight over who has to do the lifting and be the M. Karen's strong and I think I'm attracted to that kind of thing. And he really seems to be triple timing... with Mayoi?

Episode was kinda just there, jokes were hit and miss but there at least there were ass shots this time so that held me over. The new characters aren't too interesting but I'm sure they'll stir up some trouble. -6/10

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 04:50   Link #35
Calca
Expressionless

Tsukihi Phoenix arc seems to be forgetting the Tsukihi
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 05:25   Link #36
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

preparing my heart to be disappointed with the ending
Old 2012-03-04, 05:34   Link #37
Evil_Sephiroth

Send a message via MSN to Evil_Sephiroth
I have to rate this episode with a 7/10.. Lot lesser than previous episode.

But at leats is enjoyable...
Old 2012-03-04, 05:38   Link #38
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Well, I liked this one a lot more. Still feels like it's going downhill for me, but at least there's another short story here to bring us into the last stretch.

Also, Ts'who'kihi?
Old 2012-03-04, 05:56   Link #39
teja208
Critical fanboy

Since I’ve readily adjusted my expectation after the toothbrush scene to low at best, I wasn’t as disappointed as most people. Safe to say that I don’t care that much how this arc will end and planned to just sit back and relax from this episode onward.

However, is it just me or Koyomi is getting more and more pervert every passing episodes. He used to be very good at hiding his pervert nature in Bakemonogatari, but since the beginning of this arc: the way he sexualize his own sister when brushing her teeth, the way he behaved when chating with Tsubasa on phone, the way he throwing tantrum like a kid when Shinobu trip him, and finally this quote "I am dating Senjougahara and I am in love with Hanekawa. But I plan to marry you." I think this is the after effect of having sex with his gf at the end of Karen Bee. Having sex with Hitagi has unlocked his true potential i.e. he's becoming more like Makoto from School Days after having sex once = can't control his penis and end up go around f***ing other girls. Although he hasn't done it yet, but he starts showing sign of wanting to hook up with other girls and isn't very closet about it.

Ok seriously what happened to the self-control pervert Koyomi I used to know in Bake? What I'm trying to say is him acting more pervert gives him a bad name and he needs to control himself. Please kindly tell me he won't get anymore pervert than this in latter novels.

Last edited by teja208; 2012-03-04 at 06:13.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 06:54   Link #40
eplipswich
The Anime Maniac

Well, I guess Nise may finish by episode 11, but given that bake finished by 12 tv episodes and then go on for 3 web episodes, I wonder if Nise will be going with the same treatment...

Yeah, not much of Tsukihi this episode, so I wonder how the phoenix will come in...

And I definitely agree with others here that the conversations between Arararagi (oops, I bit my tongue...) and Mayoi are just pure gold, haha...

I only watch highly recommended animes ~ ~
eplipswich is offline   Reply With Quote