AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 78 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 23.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 13.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 7.05%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.28%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 2.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.64%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.92%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-27, 02:55   Link #121
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I loved this episode. Quintessence of Macross. The heroine singer flying into danger. The evil brutes suddenly charmed by Deculture. The (brief) battle-dance. Real romance, and tragic romance. It's all there, and done well. Nakajima Megumi's ED and insert song are the best she has sounded yet.

The writer of this episode was Yoshino Hiroyuki, who is the lead writer for the series, and has written other episodes. But Frontier is his first Macross. He wrote Mai-HiME and Mai Otome, and is involved in Code Geass. (ANN)
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-06-27 at 03:24.
Old 2008-06-27, 02:57   Link #122
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Officially stop or just on hiatus?
Official, Shouta doesn't have the time to do it anymore, pm if you want more details I guess.
Old 2008-06-27, 03:10   Link #123
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Thing is, if Macross F is going to be following in the footsteps of SDF-Macross then

Spoiler:

The Princess has thrashed 4 birds by now, and it's not even the halfway point >_<

Hikaru lost 7 [including his own rocket/turbofan hybrid ] but at the rate Alto is going he's going to surpass that number pretty soon

Last edited by Burner of Anime; 2008-06-27 at 03:23.
Old 2008-06-27, 04:57   Link #124
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I loved this episode. Quintessence of Macross. The heroine singer flying into danger. The evil brutes suddenly charmed by Deculture. The (brief) battle-dance. Real romance, and tragic romance. It's all there, and done well. Nakajima Megumi's ED and insert song are the best she has sounded yet.
I can't agree with the statement above more. It was a wonderful episode filled with everything a Macross fan would want. I love their trip down memory lane with the SDF and the entrance into battle singing.

Also I have to say, "WAY TO GO RANKA!" about time she stole the show! *clap clap clap*

The transitions whiles singing and the battle was again brilliant. The ending song while credits run is another great lead out. 10 outta 10 for sure.

Last edited by kilroy0097; 2008-06-27 at 05:55.
Old 2008-06-27, 05:00   Link #125
bkg9990
Singin Diamond Crevasse
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to bkg9990 Send a message via Yahoo to bkg9990
My poor Sheryl all alone
Old 2008-06-27, 05:58   Link #126
hai_san

the these Zentradi must be really starve of "culture" since probably "any" singer will for them... Ranka surprise attack with sound booster was WTF

i wonder which "Macross" it is Alto and Ranka found... "the Macross" or just some other later produced macrosses...
Old 2008-06-27, 06:09   Link #127
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Holy... I actually felt that I was decultured again.

First, Macross 7, Ranka definitely pulled off something really close to Basara's. Seikan Hikou instantly became my favourite Frontier song, I was favouring Nekko Nikki over it at first. Everytime she flashes her stars, I felt immense sound energy being transmitted from her dimension to mine. She definitely lives up to her title of 'Super Dimensional Cinderella Ranka, I'm thoroughly decultured by her.

Then there was that thing in that reacted to all the sound energy, Macross Zero came to my mind immediately, totally birdman/protoculture.

Britai, Exedore, Quamzin, and they thought it wasn't enough, even SDF Macross herself appeared.

I nearly went insane like the Zentrendi this episode. DECULTURE!!!
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-06-27, 06:20   Link #128
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
the these Zentradi must be really starve of "culture" since probably "any" singer will for them... Ranka surprise attack with sound booster was WTF

i wonder which "Macross" it is Alto and Ranka found... "the Macross" or just some other later produced macrosses...
Actually more like they're girl starved.

What's with the blushes, the binoculars and nose bleeds.

Sounds to me the 33rd fleet is where they dumped the likely pedoes of the former Bodol Zer fleet.

If I was UN Spacy command I'd be wary too of integrating Meltrans in that fleet also.

Once you discover what the opposite sex is about you can never go back.
Old 2008-06-27, 06:33   Link #129
hai_san

well if you compare the sheer size of "maxclones" and miclones then all Zentradis are "lolis" hunter
Old 2008-06-27, 06:34   Link #130
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Just checked for myself and noticed that Ranka's cute dance is taught in the lyrics sheet of her single.

Old 2008-06-27, 06:41   Link #131
hai_san

i am asking myself what has more impact on the Zentradi, the song music lyrics melody or Ranka deadly cock of the eye with stars, i mean most of them faint/nosebleed when she blinks and not when the sound was max boosted
Old 2008-06-27, 07:12   Link #132
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
i am asking myself what has more impact on the Zentradi, the song music lyrics melody or Ranka deadly cock of the eye with stars, i mean most of them faint/nosebleed when she blinks and not when the sound was max boosted
The whole package is the cause.

If a robot can sing really well, it probably wouldn't deculture anything.
A really good looking person may be great eye candy, but won't deculture as well.

So an idol is needed for a good song, the whole package is needed to deculture. And Ranka's blink or officially named 'Kira☆!'(Shine☆!) action delivers the hardest punch.

Its like Hatsune Miku wouldn't be as popular if she was only a voice or she's only a drawing. She's great because she's designed as a singing moe character.

Old 2008-06-27, 07:27   Link #133
ReddyRedWolf

Hmmm... Could it be that Ranka has been on Galia 4 before.

Just moments before they went to the cliff Ranka appears to have a flashback.

Also the one who is Temujin's contact is likely Grace. Which could mean Leon is in it also.

Now Temujin mentioned treasure on the planet. That could range from Protoculture tech to those precious anti-fold dislocation crystals.

Just saw the preview by Chichiro they just called it the first Macross.

The Vajra, Mao Nome, the Macross just who is Ranka really?
Old 2008-06-27, 07:31   Link #134
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Since speculations are saying that Ranka is very likely a descendant of Mao, she would very likely have been on a Macross. And the Macross could be this one that crashed.

Old 2008-06-27, 08:03   Link #135
ReddyRedWolf

Leon stated that first contact with the Vajra happened 19 years ago.

Roughly 18 to 19 years before was Macross Plus where we last saw the SDF-1.

Macross Plus happened in 2040.

Macross Frontier 2059.

Either they pulled the old girl out of the mothballs ala Battlestar Galactica for against an invasion or the Vajra stole her.

Now why would the Vajra want an outdated but still formidable ship like that I don't know.

It may happened soon after the Sharon Apple incident.
Old 2008-06-27, 08:13   Link #136
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Since speculations are saying that Ranka is very likely a descendant of Mao, she would very likely have been on a Macross. And the Macross could be this one that crashed.
Her traumatic flashback shows a Vajra crushing a civilian vessel, though, not a military ship.
Old 2008-06-27, 08:30   Link #137
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychodragon View Post
I have to admit, ever since seeing episode 3, I've been all for an Alto-Sheryl pairing. But if there's one episode that has suddenly made me a big fan of Ranka, ep12 is DEFINITELY the one that does!

So whoever gets Alto at the end, she'll have my blessings!
Me too! This episode doubled Ranka's standing in my view. Definitely an awesome super move. DECULTURE!!!

I usually hate moe-blob/loli character designs. So to have me make a turn like this is a testament to this anime's well designed plot arc and how likeable they made Ranka as a character. She really shined from 10-12. Sheryl better power up soon or she's going to be left in the dust (and I'm confident she will power up soon). The few scenes she had in this episode expressed her character well and may act as a catalyst for future growth.

Realistically I think Sheryl will get her arc to shine in soon enough. Overall, great episode and I am very pleased.
Old 2008-06-27, 08:31   Link #138
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

In all honesty, when I first heard Seikan Hikou, I just thought it was above average. But seeing Ranka do those poses with her fangs bared out... well, let's just say I was just as decultured as C.A. lol. The whole is indeed greater than the sum of its parts, in this case.

Poor Sheryl though. My heart goes out to her, having the stage, her fans, and Alto stolen from her in one big fell swoop. But Macross being Macross, I'm expecting a few more 'reversals' like this, right till the end.

But wow, an SDF class in that planet? Wonder whats it doing there...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-06-27, 08:58   Link #139
Kirarakim

This was the best episode in awhile. It was a little corny but I still loved seeing Ranka make her grand entrance.

Personally I don't have a strong preference between Ranka and Sheryl. In truth this whole love triangle thing makes me think of Alto as a womanizer or is he just oblivious? Either way why does he have these two girls so devoted to him I will never understand.

Now if it was Luca or Michael maybe I would get it. Where is all their love?
Old 2008-06-27, 09:01   Link #140
Key Board
Carbon

So someone knew all of this would happen and conspired with Temjin.

The question is.. why?
Closed Thread