AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-12-31, 21:53   Link #341
Xagzan

I can't see why so many people raged over this turn of events. Yes Shou made a dick move, but Utsumi got quality time with Yuki. And I could kinda understand Shou's feelings, but since Utsumi's the main character, I still don't care for her decision.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 22:30   Link #342
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

It's not like this wasn't expected. Well, it wasn't completely unexpected.

Blonde chick is doing a stupid thing, but it's not really a dick move, and definitely nothing to fault her for. She probably could have handled it better, but given the suddenness of it happening I can easily let that slide, too. And, it's a stupid thing to do. She's going to end up getting hurt because her senpai is a romantic villain, so I really only feel bad for her. She's all earnest and innocent and happy, and this bastard is going to completely trample all over her pure feelings sooner or later.

I still feel bad for Main Dude, whatever his name is . . . but I just can't bring myself to hate blonde chick for it.

I hope Main Dude and blonde chick don't try to start dating once villain senpai screws her over. That would suck. Oh, how that would suck.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 23:45   Link #343
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Obviously Shou has never heard about not being the rebound

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 00:42   Link #344
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

about #13: I knew about the chapter's contents but scanlated it was pure win, big points for credibility and character development. Shou and later Utsumi were straight forward with their feelings without any lame excuses, how often do you experience this in manga? This series is turning into a real rare gem.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 01:09   Link #345
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Im willing to bet that it's Shou's sempai that was messing around on his girlfriend and was caught and dumped for it.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 01:21   Link #346
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

I actually hope the sempai's story is legit, as unlikely as it probably is. It'd be refreshing for the rival to actually be an upstanding guy.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 02:27   Link #347
Dark Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
about #13: I knew about the chapter's contents but scanlated it was pure win, big points for credibility and character development. Shou and later Utsumi were straight forward with their feelings without any lame excuses, how often do you experience this in manga? This series is turning into a real rare gem.

Yep agreed, spoilers didnt really do this chapter a proper justice. It was a really moving and touching chapter, in other words an excellent chapter. How Utsumi handled the whole thing was pure win and the sincerity of Shou's apologies and her dilemna as well as her feelings made it hard to be angry at her, just like what Utsumi said, not to mention how Yuki supports and lends Utsumi her shoulder and consoles him.

It really was a very good chapter. Especially the part where Utsumi breaks down and regrets that he never got a chance to confess was really moving, and the part where Shou kept apologising to him and tells him that she is sorry for trampling over his feelings but she cant really help it as she loves Kaito Senpai that strongly. You really cant blame Shou, because when you are so uncontrollably in love with someone, small things like a rebound girl and that she might be thrown away later matters very little for a naive, innocent teenage girl in love like Shou. Shou could only be in shock that her life-long wish was actually becoming a reality, it is a dream come true for her. I agree with you I really liked how Shou and Utsumi opened up to one another and agreed to settle things properly and not run away from them. They both behaved sincerely and maturely. However, I really dont like Kaito-Senpai, and, I hope, Shou doesnt get hurt by him later on.

If anyone needs to blame someone, Utsumi can only curse his luck, if only Kaito-Senpai had shown up a day later, if only Utsumi had managed to go on that date with Shou, I am willing to bet my life that Shou would've accepted Utsumi's confession, judging how excited she was about the date and it would be Utsumi who would now be dating Shou instead of Kaito. It wouldnt have made any difference if Kaito came and confessed after Shou agreed to date Utsumi as I dont think Shou would've broken up with Utsumi to get together with Kaito. Kaito-Senpai just beat Utsumi to the punch that's all, it was all a combination, of misfortune, timing, Shou's strong feelings for Kaito that turned the tables on Utsumi.

Last edited by Dark Mage; 2010-01-01 at 02:42.
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 16:13   Link #348
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Ok chapter 13 :

It's a shame for Utsumi , it's sad .
I kinda feel that Shou's senpai lied or will be a jerk later . Well , hope no but still ... (cuz remind me other manga with same situation )
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-02, 03:30   Link #349
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

aww... that was so sad. poor poor utsumi. but things happen for a reason - even love.
clarakiss~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-02, 07:46   Link #350
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Now his route will lead to Yuki or Eri maybe .

Edit : Chapter 14 out . (wow , speed trad , keep like that )

I'm surprised that Utsumi resisted and talked great . Its good
Yuki want to fall in love again .
Eri is back ^^ "So that's why my humble son feels so down ...." lol and she touched his XD !
Broken Heart Celebration omg .
Ow and the end ! Utsumi x Yuki ?
Me , i don't think Yuki feels love for Utsumi in the moment , she just want to help him for his lover .
Maybe later .
But it's too early to already find a new lover imo , i mean when your heart broken , it takes times to forget about your lover and to be less depressed .
If he'll ask Yuki now , she'll probably reject him .
And maybe she doesn't want that Utsumi will give up on Shou .

Last edited by -Sho-; 2010-01-02 at 08:36.
Old 2010-01-02, 11:09   Link #351
Xagzan

I think Eri just shot up to be my favorite character this chapter. With the 'grabbing' and the things she said at the end of the chapter. But what's up with the "humble son" nickname? I don't get that. And Utsumi's friend, the playboy one, making the Broken Heart Celebration sign cracked me up.

But I still can't see what the angry otakus were raging about yet. These developments have all been wonderfully done, as far as I'm concerned.
Old 2010-01-02, 11:47   Link #352
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I want to see Utsumi hook up with Eri, she's hot XD
Old 2010-01-02, 11:53   Link #353
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

utsumi and eri are pretty much in the same boat. both lost someone they really like and perhaps connect with each other because of that. ^^ shou's sempai better not be a bad person... i'm a little suspicious of him at the moment.
clarakiss~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-02, 12:26   Link #354
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
And maybe she doesn't want that Utsumi will give up on Shou .
Thats not true. She did say in ch16

Spoiler for spoiler:
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 10:55   Link #355
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Ok chapter 15 out !

Interesting chapter .
Eri's cover
Lol "The train's route" and "You're wet come in my house or you'll catch a cold's route" ^^
Utsumi was thinking too much about Yuki but it can't be helped , you can't stop thinking about it ^^
I lol when he slipped on the stairs .
Yuki was nice
And cliffhanger . Who is this Typical Star Blond Guy who can fell girls in one sight ! Yeah yeah ... lol .
I think he's a relative . And why he ask "What are you to Yuki" ? i think he know what happened to her and now he ask this question to know if he's like the same guy who hurt her something like that .
Old 2010-01-07, 11:56   Link #356
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Obviously the new guy is a cousin who's overprotective of Yuki and most likely likes her.
Old 2010-01-07, 13:32   Link #357
Xagzan

Ehh somehow I can't really see the mangaka doing incest crushes. I just don't think the series has that kind of feel to it, but maybe that's just me. He may be overprotective, but I'd guess that's all. Although I'm curious why Yuki didn't come back to the room with him.
Old 2010-01-07, 14:11   Link #358
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I think the guy run to the room .
Old 2010-01-07, 15:05   Link #359
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Ehh somehow I can't really see the mangaka doing incest crushes. I just don't think the series has that kind of feel to it, but maybe that's just me. He may be overprotective, but I'd guess that's all. Although I'm curious why Yuki didn't come back to the room with him.
in Asia, Cousin's =/= Incest... just fyi.
Old 2010-01-07, 15:16   Link #360
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
in Asia, Cousin's =/= Incest... just fyi.
Yeah. In Kaze No Stigma main hero Kazuma and heroine Ayano are both cousin's and have strong romantic interest in each other (Specially Ayano) and Ayano' father is trying hard to bring them both together, while the rest of the family sees no problems and no incest in that.

In Asia cousins do not count as incest at all. Its the same as you would count a love between childhood friends an incest.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi