AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-03-15, 23:59   Link #21
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirdanzeige
why would you want to spend ten years with some drawings?
Well, to give you a serious answer, it would be: "to get out of this stressful life." Honestly, I am certain I am not the only one living who yearns for the days when you were a student with summer and winter breaks. Sure we may have had exam hell and homework, and back then we all thought "I want to grow up to become an adult so I don't have to do homework."

Well, once you find yourself in society as with a career, you find that you are actually doing exams everyday. Sure, the money maybe good - but in a sense, you lost the freedom that you enjoyed. And you see that most vividly in commuting here in Japan. You see salarymen and corporate warriors with this "dead eye" look that they lost all hope. You see them just going to work, fighting against being "restructured" (euphemism for "fired"), with their only pleasure is groping girls or going to weird places that materializes women. You see no variety. They, we, I - are all tired of this Japanese working system. We want to complain, but we cannot - as to risk being branded "as a failure."

I'm telling you, Japan is just a ticking time bomb that is just waiting for that precise day where all hell breaks loose. We are currently in the thirteenth year of depression with absolutely no sign of recovery. Suicide rates has tripled in the past decade. In the past six years, I saw three people kill themselves right in front of me (well one was behind me on the train going the other direction) by jumping onto a oncoming train at the station. You don't want to fucking see what happens to a human body when it collides with a train going 110-120km/hr. And the fallacy of Japanese society being a "safe and well-mannered" place is crumbling before our eyes. Plainly visible with all the fucked up crimes that we hear everyday that we just don't care anymore.

Forget everything, all your riches and all your life, all the stressful ideas of "oh if I quit my job, how am I going to support my family" or "My family relies on me to pay for the mortage...." I would choose to live in an anime world.

Or, if I had the guts, move away from Japan and start my new life over somewhere else. Unfortunately, I don't see this happening anytime soon (unless...).
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 00:08   Link #22
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

Whatever you do, don't move to America.

Some animes that would be fun to be in]:
FMP: Fumoffu? - Imagine Sousuke in your classroom...
Shingetsutan Tsukihime - Only if I had powers. If I'm a vampire, I might have to spend more then 10 years...
ROD - Again, only if I had powers. I think it'd be fun.
Comic Party - I'm not sure about this one, but maybe.
Slade xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 00:23   Link #23
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Well, to give you a serious answer, it would be: "to get out of this stressful life." Honestly, I am certain I am not the only one living who yearns for the days when you were a student with summer and winter breaks. Sure we may have had exam hell and homework, and back then we all thought "I want to grow up to become an adult so I don't have to do homework."

Well, once you find yourself in society as with a career, you find that you are actually doing exams everyday. Sure, the money maybe good - but in a sense, you lost the freedom that you enjoyed. And you see that most vividly in commuting here in Japan. You see salarymen and corporate warriors with this "dead eye" look that they lost all hope. You see them just going to work, fighting against being "restructured" (euphemism for "fired"), with their only pleasure is groping girls or going to weird places that materializes women. You see no variety. They, we, I - are all tired of this Japanese working system. We want to complain, but we cannot - as to risk being branded "as a failure."

I'm telling you, Japan is just a ticking time bomb that is just waiting for that precise day where all hell breaks loose. We are currently in the thirteenth year of depression with absolutely no sign of recovery. Suicide rates has tripled in the past decade. In the past six years, I saw three people kill themselves right in front of me (well one was behind me on the train going the other direction) by jumping onto a oncoming train at the station. You don't want to fucking see what happens to a human body when it collides with a train going 110-120km/hr. And the fallacy of Japanese society being a "safe and well-mannered" place is crumbling before our eyes. Plainly visible with all the fucked up crimes that we hear everyday that we just don't care anymore.

Forget everything, all your riches and all your life, all the stressful ideas of "oh if I quit my job, how am I going to support my family" or "My family relies on me to pay for the mortage...." I would choose to live in an anime world.

Or, if I had the guts, move away from Japan and start my new life over somewhere else. Unfortunately, I don't see this happening anytime soon (unless...).
man that seems messed up. I remember when i went to japan i see people sleepin in the streets. and some girls with blond hair looking like they doing crack and have nothing to do.

But overall it's pretty fun, especially trying to order food. that shit was funny. I was yelling at that idiot and pointing at the picture. HAHAHAHA man i'm a rude american.

move to canada, nice weather, and it's the closest thing you can get to america and with nicer people
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 00:44   Link #24
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

culture all over the world is sacrificing the human condition for efficiency and productivity, it's not just Japan and America
Television, radio, theatre, video games, they're all an escape. Early on, those with a burning interest in one thing tend to have a dark side, a part of them is broken, and rather than redevelop the broken parts, they go and hide in the "sunny side" of their life. Never has this been more apparent than in my school's own anime club. It's chock full of VERY intelligent people with severe personality defects (almost everyone was diagnosed with ADD, ADHD, or OCD) and some antisocial behavior. I'm not ashamed to admit that i have some psychological issues as well.
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 00:52   Link #25
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
culture all over the world is sacrificing the human condition for efficiency and productivity, it's not just Japan and America
Television, radio, theatre, video games, they're all an escape. Early on, those with a burning interest in one thing tend to have a dark side, a part of them is broken, and rather than redevelop the broken parts, they go and hide in the "sunny side" of their life. Never has this been more apparent than in my school's own anime club. It's chock full of VERY intelligent people with severe personality defects (almost everyone was diagnosed with ADD, ADHD, or OCD) and some antisocial behavior. I'm not ashamed to admit that i have some psychological issues as well.
Wow. Shocking to many, but true.
Many things provide shelter. Examples include online role-playing, chat rooms, online games, and online forums [or maybe just the Internet in general]. A good number of people on this forum may have that problem...
I wish my anime club had more intellectual people. Most of the group is made up of idiots who have nothing better to do Friday afternoon. A greater percentage are stuck in a fantasy world described by kyuven, instead of facing their problems, they hide away...
You'd be surprised what you can do by reaching out a little.
Slade xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 01:06   Link #26
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

hehe, i know so many people like me that have high IQs but just don't apply themselves it's incredible
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 03:09   Link #27
Tenkoy
That is a secret.

Send a message via AIM to Tenkoy Send a message via MSN to Tenkoy Send a message via Yahoo to Tenkoy
I wouldn't mind living in the Fullmetal Alchemist world. Just imagine, a world where you can use alchemy to turn dirt into a pot, or steel into a bomb. Coolness.

Also, the Slayers universe. Who WOULDN'T want to live there? I mean, it would be worth getting blasted by Lina.
Tenkoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 03:20   Link #28
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Azumanga Daioh. Unlike most anime, I wouldn't have to worry about being killed by some insane villian set on world conquest, though I might have to worry about some overly aggressive cats or Yukari-sensei's driving...
If not Azumanga, then Nadesico. Who wouldn't want to pilot a giant mech, while at the same time having lots of cute girls around? Unfortunatly the risk of dying is considerably greater...
Old 2004-03-16, 03:24   Link #29
Wilcon

Send a message via ICQ to Wilcon Send a message via MSN to Wilcon
Da Capo with Kotori , and the environment is pretty nice too.
Or maybe Rurouni Kenshin series, to try out being a samurai
Wilcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 06:27   Link #30
CerealKiller
MoralMan

Send a message via AIM to CerealKiller Send a message via MSN to CerealKiller Send a message via Yahoo to CerealKiller
Quote:
If I could spend ten years in an anime/ero-game of my choice, then definitely:
HAPPY☆LESSON
Exactly my choice, i guess it would be like hell in the beginning, but it would get so damn funny and happy (only watching it was enough to do that) plus being a fan of a teacher would be so funny

ps. what's the news thing on the bss site about a new happy lesson advance dvd? I know somewhere in may they'll release happy lesson the final, but what's the advance thing?

other series: Happy World (love the characters), Full Metal Panic (I guess i'd prefer Fumoffu, i'd rather live), or .hack playing the world all the time
CerealKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 07:32   Link #31
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
I don't see this happening anytime soon (unless...).
Unless... ? ::is curious now::

kj1980's post touches on what is probably the best justification I can think of for my personal choice of animated world:

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou.
Well there's a surprise...

Ok, so it doesn't have all the girls the ero-games do -- the cast it does have would more than make up for that in my mind. You wouldn't have computers and neat technology other shows offer -- but then I would argue that Alpha and Kokone are more than enough technology for anyone . Then there are more practical considerations (it isn't all easy going); making ends meet, having enough food to survive. It would present its own problems -- what with large chunks of the country flooded, not much work around etc... Despite those pressures, for me, it would be a break. 10 years traveling around Japan's beautiful countryside -- as presented in that manga/anime -- being able to visit the cafe, drink coffee (as Mr_Paper mentioned) and make small talk with each of the characters would be fascinating, relaxing and very therapeutic. A total change of life-pace. I can't think of anywhere in anime more relaxing and peaceful. Perfect.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 08:45   Link #32
Worldestroyer
IRC lurker

Send a message via AIM to Worldestroyer Send a message via MSN to Worldestroyer
I also use the internet, and anime world to escape from the very un-pleasent reality around me. I constantly day-dream about anime reality's that i wouldn't mind living in forever. Yes i do have a rather high IQ (although my grammer doesn't show it), but i'm usually under so much stress i can't express myself and i become lazy as i mentally try to escape the real world.

Anyways.....some of you people have short attention spans and seem to have forgotten older series. (BTW.. i can never seem to remeber the male character's names...)

1) I would personally choose "Onegai Teacher" and only if i could be Kei. Come-on who wouldn't wana be married with a hot older teacher who sincerly loves you? (This is my #1 choice, if i ONLY had 1 choice i would go with this)
2)The guy from Steel Angel Kurumi "MASTER-SAMA!"
3)Whats his face.... from Green Green (the guy who gave up Midori...)
4)Kaoru from Ai Yori Aoshi (only if we move the fuck out of the house)
5)The guy from Rizelmine
6)The kid from vandread (the guy who could pilot the mecha)
7)Shirase from BPS
8)Whats his name from Chobits...
9)And Finally Maiku from OTwins (come on, who would want to live with a hot girl, and your loving sister!?)

By the amount series i want to escape to, you can easily tell how fucked up I am. :P

BTW... No i wouldn't really want to go into a Hentai, just because being that mean to women for a extended period of time would be mentally exhausting. And all the people usually die in hentai, or the rape goes on in-defintiely..

hmmm... on second thought...
10) The husband from Futari ecchi (who wouldn't want to be in that position?)

Last edited by Worldestroyer; 2004-03-16 at 11:27.
Worldestroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 08:56   Link #33
wao
OK.

That's enlightening, kj... I've seen a simple, bloodless, damageless accident happen before my eyes (just a truck swerving and going thud on the side of the road, nothing at all, the guy just came out fine and dandy...) but I don't think I'll ever forget it, but seeing people commit suicide...

It's really quite sad, isn't it? The only problem is if you get stuck in the world of anime too often... I dunno... it's just... doesn't seem good, but it's better to have something to cheer you up...

I'd love to be in teh world of Princess Tutu. It seems relatively peaceful and if there were such awesome guys like Fakir and Aotoa around I'd be able to have faith. Plus nice ballet shows to watch !

I can't think of anything else specifically right now...
Old 2004-03-16, 11:23   Link #34
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
My fantasy world would be one of the following:

Maburaho - magic
Scrapped Princess - would be hard to live w/o the PS/2
Onegai Teacher - simple living
Robotech/Macross - it's why I went into engineering
Azumanga Daioh
Ghost in the Shell - would be interesting as long as I don't get hacked
Full Metal Panic - mecha
Paranoia Agent - it's like today and more likely to happen
Serial Experiments Lain
Angelic Layer - it would be cool to have toys that can move with your thoughts

Last edited by Spiggy; 2004-03-16 at 13:02. Reason: addition
Spiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 13:46   Link #35
luniz

Off the top of my head I'd say Stellvia of the Universe....I'd rather do something meaningful.
luniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 14:15   Link #36
Zor

This is a fun thread good one

I would like to be in Yumeria. For a good reason....Nanaseeeeee-saaannnnn. Oooohh.....i get her to do cosplay for me. Cook for me, do laundry for me. And...i get to do fun stuff in the dream world. Touch lots of booties... :P muahahaha

Ooohh ohhhh and Love Hina. Lots of cool places to visit there.

Full Metal Alchemist. Play god....muahahahaha.

Initial D.....i get to try all of those cars...master all of the courses.

Soo many too mention of animes i want to be in.
Zor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 14:24   Link #37
Kou-chan
天才ですから!

Send a message via AIM to Kou-chan
One Piece. ^^; So I could form my own pirate crew and have fun sailing the seas, carefree, running from marines, trying not to get my head chopped off, maybe risk my life eating a devil fruit.. etc etc..
Kou-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 14:32   Link #38
xxziggybitsxx

Send a message via AIM to xxziggybitsxx Send a message via MSN to xxziggybitsxx Send a message via Yahoo to xxziggybitsxx
Ohh that is easy

~Maburaho - Because everyone has magic 1st

~Naruto - Everyone are ninjas 2nd

~Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito - Travalling 3rd
xxziggybitsxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 14:36   Link #39
kaede

OK i want to be in konoha (naruto) i mean theire school is to be or to become a ninja you know, and look ad our school its realy BOOOOOOOORING or not, BUT i am a little bit afraid of it because i dont say it is easy to be a ninja ok.
But it takes a lot of fun i think.

So and next i want to be in SLAM DUNK there i think it must be very cool, otherwise it must be very hard too but it is equal i love this game and it will be very
funny, yeah yeah.....sure sure.

You can say that i am stupid or crazy but i think this question for this *chat room*
can be reality because i think in view years it will be possible.
I Think it is only another kind of KOMA you know what i mean, it's crazy yeah i know but only imagine of it is crazy and brilliant.
IT IS ONE OF MY SPECIAL HOPE, IT WILL BE GREAT.
kaede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 16:00   Link #40
Thelastguardian

or rather dont move to Japan

being one of the student of the infamous GTO would be fun ;D