AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2008-06-09, 18:53   Link #1
Tabris

Shuffle! Essence+, carrying the essence of the original Shuffle! and the Playstation2 port "Shuffle! On Stage", then taking it to a new level for its welcome return to the PC.

With delicious new, improved CG images and the inevitable adult content for Kareha and Mayumi's routes in the game. As well as two new Gods. Starting with the purple haired Daisy, a naive, energetic girl"; and Ruri Matsuri, a "princess-type, just as she appears to be." Both who are rumoured to be relations of Sia's.

http://visual-novels.net/vn/index.ph...d=732&Itemid=2

BUY IT THE DAY IT COMES OUT or I will drink your blood

God, it sounds like an awful advert.

Last edited by xris; 2008-06-10 at 02:35.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-12, 01:01   Link #2
Wrath88
Kissing...

Buu... Why new characters are only Gods, why no other demons?

It's so unfair!!!

I'm still getting it anyway
Old 2008-06-12, 19:49   Link #3
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post

It's so unfair!!!
Probably because they already had an entire game dedicated to the demon race, in the form of Tick! Tack! I suppose this is a sort of way of "balancing the scales".
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 22:01   Link #4
Wrath88
Kissing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Probably because they already had an entire game dedicated to the demon race, in the form of Tick! Tack! I suppose this is a sort of way of "balancing the scales".
Good point.

But you know, I really wish they would throw in one more demon girl at least. Hmm, maybe they'll find a way to work Sage and/or Ai into the story?
Old 2008-06-20, 05:07   Link #5
zero7090

navel sure know how to milk their cash cow
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 10:03   Link #6
Tabris

Well, Shuffle! is their golden egg.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 13:48   Link #7
relentlessflame

*Administrator

By the way, I noticed in last month's issue of Dengeki G's (it was also mentioned in Comptiq) that Sakura, who first appeared in Really? Really!, will also be a heroine in the new game. So, that makes three new routes in the new game, in addition to the two ported back from the PS2 release.
Old 2008-07-12, 19:24   Link #8
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Wow, why did I not see a thread for this. I was looking ALL OVER THE DAMN PLACE for much more info on this remake.
Old 2008-07-13, 08:09   Link #9
Chiisa
Love target... LOCK ON!

A remake with new characters?Do you think Sia might get some focus on her background in this game?
I do hope this means there will be new fanart, I have so much searching for shuffle fanart.
Chiisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 03:57   Link #10
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
navel sure know how to milk their cash cow
shuffle the game was so much better than the anime was. (except for the kaede parts )

normally I also hate having to re-buy stuff I already purchased *cough-gurrenlagan2009-cough* but shuffle might be worth having a remake.

this is actually a surprise that I am looking forward to. Its probably going to be good. The original game soundtrack is one of my favorites.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 19:00   Link #11
KoiNoDensetsu
今日、海をみた。もう恐くない。

This looks really nice! It reminds me of the ~Latest Edition~ remake of Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. I wish all visual novel companies would remake their console ports for the PC to include even more bonus content. I love it when VN companies milk their properties. Now it's nine girls in one game!

I've never played the game or seen the anime (since I don't want to spoil the game), so this will be one huge new visual novel for me to play! The only thing I'm worried about is whether the Shuffle! translation team will decide to translate this, as well as the original... Has their been any word on this yet?

I expect their will probably be remakes of the other Shuffle! games coming soon...
KoiNoDensetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 17:40   Link #12
lolipedofin

I'm happy enough if they finish the original Shuffle game, translating thing would be an added bonus, but if it means an extra 4-5 years, no thanks... I'm already at the edge to play the original one....

This game looks nice tho.... depends on how the story in the original game enhanced, i just might buy this one...
lolipedofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 00:57   Link #13
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post

It's so unfair!!!

I'm still getting it anyway
It's because Hiro isn't around to draw new stuff for Navel anymore. I don't know her reasons for not being present, but she kind of dropped off from Navel after Tick! Tack!. With Hiro gone, only Aoi is left for the main game artist and she only does fugly-cute God girls. They have to have Hiro for the more angular, ethereal-feeling Demon girls.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 01:24   Link #14
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang View Post
It's because Hiro isn't around to draw new stuff for Navel anymore. I don't know her reasons for not being present, but she kind of dropped off from Navel after Tick! Tack!. With Hiro gone, only Aoi is left for the main game artist and she only does fugly-cute God girls. They have to have Hiro for the more angular, ethereal-feeling Demon girls.
Well, Hiro dropped off from the entire industry for a good while there due to some health concerns, I believe. It's only recently that you're starting to see her back getting into games; Rosebleu's upcoming title has her reuniting with Agobaria (famed Navel writer) too. So who knows -- maybe some day, when it's time for the next Shuffle re-make...
Old 2008-11-22, 10:47   Link #15
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoiNoDensetsu View Post
This looks really nice! It reminds me of the ~Latest Edition~ remake of Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. I wish all visual novel companies would remake their console ports for the PC to include even more bonus content. I love it when VN companies milk their properties. Now it's nine girls in one game!

I've never played the game or seen the anime (since I don't want to spoil the game), so this will be one huge new visual novel for me to play! The only thing I'm worried about is whether the Shuffle! translation team will decide to translate this, as well as the original... Has their been any word on this yet?

I expect their will probably be remakes of the other Shuffle! games coming soon...
Uhh. That's where I'm not too sure about all VNs being remade for bonus content. Take KGNE Latest Edition. Compared to KGNE, its sales are not that great... because more Mitsuki supporters in Japan than Haruka. (Or at least in Tokyo)

And there's the CLANNAD. What was the next 'remake' that followed? TOMOYO AFTER. OMG. Now, I like Tomoyo, but TA was just... weird. For CLANNAD at least. I wanted more "Tomoyo owning Sunohara" epic win.

Besides, I feel that Shuffle hasn't reached full potential. This is the one VN that needs something like Tomoyo After. NOT CLANNAD! I mean, can we somewhat like, move further. Whether Asa, Kaede or whatever, I, for one, would like to see what happens AFTER. Not rehash the same stuff over and over...
Old 2008-11-23, 18:52   Link #16
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimatheKat View Post
Uhh. That's where I'm not too sure about all VNs being remade for bonus content. Take KGNE Latest Edition. Compared to KGNE, its sales are not that great... because more Mitsuki supporters in Japan than Haruka. (Or at least in Tokyo)
What does being a Mitsuki or a Haruka supporter have to do with that? The game had after story sections for both (and also for Akane). I think it's more likely just because some people weren't into re-paying full price just to get the after stories. It'll probably be somewhat the same with Essence+, but they don't have to sell "great" to make their money back. It's sort of a cash-in, and an opportunity/excuse for people who haven't bought the game yet to give it a shot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimatheKat View Post
Besides, I feel that Shuffle hasn't reached full potential. This is the one VN that needs something like Tomoyo After. NOT CLANNAD! I mean, can we somewhat like, move further. Whether Asa, Kaede or whatever, I, for one, would like to see what happens AFTER. Not rehash the same stuff over and over...
Well, they did have both Tick! Tack! and Really? Really!, which is more semi-sequels than most ero-games get. In terms of a "straight" sequel, I'm not really sure there's all that much more to do beyond what they've already done in the games. The universe is fairly fully-fleshed out at this point, I think...
Old 2008-11-24, 04:09   Link #17
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

what could use a sequal would imo more likely be the anime ... which kinda ended with something looking like a nonending :S

that is ... a true Sequal and not a retelling like Memories
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 22:01   Link #18
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Would Itou Miki, Asa-sempai's voice in the anime, return as Asa-sempai?

If so.... SOLD!! Been in love with that voice actress ever since she played Android 18 in Dragonball Z 15 years ago.
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 00:52   Link #19
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila View Post
Would Itou Miki, Asa-sempai's voice in the anime, return as Asa-sempai?

If so.... SOLD!! Been in love with that voice actress ever since she played Android 18 in Dragonball Z 15 years ago.
it seems so. Replacing the original seiyuu's of the game/anime now would be pretty disappointing, imo.
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 08:53   Link #20
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Cool Cookies!!

Who woudl be doing the title song though? Would it still be Yuria, the voice of Asa's adorable Mommy Ama? If so, is it going to be the song "YOU" from the TV series?
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote