AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-17, 18:06   Link #101
NecocYaotl

...cake. Posted it before in this thread.
It has 4 "with" though, so with 2 of the "with" may mean Keima and Elsie POV, then the other 2 are? Kodama?

進撃の巨人
Old 2010-11-18, 00:25   Link #102
Scy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
So the next chapter to be animated is called "Coupling with with with with". Eh...?!
Is there such a manga chapter? Either way, any speculations as for what would be featured next?
Chapter 12.
Old 2010-11-18, 01:04   Link #103
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scy View Post
Chapter 12.
And presumably Chapter 11 as well, since they cover the same incidents. Just 12 shares the title (sort of).
Old 2010-11-18, 02:03   Link #104
Clarste
Human

So... everyone talks about how they're clearly expanding Kanon's arc to support the recent manga development that she's a goddess host, and then the anime cuts out the only part that could conceivably be considered foreshadowing of the goddess? I'm pretty sure actually literally shone on stage in the manga, as in she emits light. I suppose it could be symbolic, but the audience's reaction seems like they're actually shocked (although they probably assume its a special effect). In the anime, she just sings.

So yeah, I don't think the goddess stuff is anywhere the minds of anime producers. They're just trying to sell music CDs with this arc.
Old 2010-11-18, 04:45   Link #105
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
They're just trying to sell music CDs with this arc.
Yeah it's so this. Became obvious during Kanon's first episode.
Old 2010-11-18, 04:50   Link #106
Kagayaki

I mean they'd have to be planning on 4 seasons or some major skipping to get to the goddess-finding arc at all anyways, so planning out foreshadowing/support for that is kind of ridiculous. It's all about the CDs.
Old 2010-11-18, 06:22   Link #107
Divini
Senpai!

Did anyone else notice that Kanon was still able to remember Keima after the spirit was free?

I don't remember seeing how long it took for the girls to forget about Keima, but I call foreshadowing.
Old 2010-11-18, 10:19   Link #108
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I'd call very heavy handed foreshadowing imho.

I was just half serious when I wrote that ''this was conspiracy to make Kanon more popular'' when I first learned that she was going to get three episodes. How sad isit that this turned out to be the reason?

I personally didn't like how they tried to shove all these songs in our faces (I liked some of them, but they were just too much) and them trying to build a ''special'' relationship between her and Kemia, when there isn't one.
Old 2010-11-18, 11:14   Link #109
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

One of my initial fears was that Kanon's finale might end with some heavily obvious foreshadowing but it was good they managed to avoid making the suggestion that she might actually remember Keima, especially in the end when she was thanking people.
Old 2010-11-18, 12:15   Link #110
tsunade666

but she kinda hinted that she remembers him. When seeing the song. It's really like saying that she remembers Keima. In Mio and Ayumi. They didn't show such things after the capture. But The scene with kami is after the capture.
Old 2010-11-18, 19:12   Link #111
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
So... everyone talks about how they're clearly expanding Kanon's arc to support the recent manga development that she's a goddess host, and then the anime cuts out the only part that could conceivably be considered foreshadowing of the goddess? I'm pretty sure actually literally shone on stage in the manga, as in she emits light. I suppose it could be symbolic, but the audience's reaction seems like they're actually shocked (although they probably assume its a special effect). In the anime, she just sings.

So yeah, I don't think the goddess stuff is anywhere the minds of anime producers. They're just trying to sell music CDs with this arc.
Actually, the much more common opinion I've seen is that they're just trying to sell CDs. Personally, I think it's somewhere between that and the somewhat greater focus on moefication of the anime over the manga. Both obviously are to raise popularity, so I can at least understand why they did it, if I don't exactly agree with it.
Old 2010-11-18, 19:21   Link #112
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
Did anyone else notice that Kanon was still able to remember Keima after the spirit was free?

I don't remember seeing how long it took for the girls to forget about Keima, but I call foreshadowing.
I noticed that too. But we don't know if the girls forget about Keima after the kiss or some time later after the kiss. Still, it is a foreshadowing of Apollo. I also recall in the manga that Kanon said she forgot about Keima but suddenly her memories of Keima reappeared.
Old 2010-11-18, 21:01   Link #113
tsunade666

actually the time when in kanon is getting ready. And a figure of kanon start speaking with a glasses on. I was what! Apollo? that scene just reminded me of that time when Apollo was introduce but it's just a long haired kanon.
Old 2010-11-19, 05:39   Link #114
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

I though that was the runaway spirit. Remember that Kusunoki also had her "other" Kusonoki appear anywhere.
Old 2010-11-19, 05:57   Link #115
Kagayaki

Whether or not it's caused by the runaway spirit or her own insecurity, the figure that appears is her past self (from back when nobody paid attention to her). IIRC she has those glasses in all of her flashbacks and when she was performing with her old group.
Old 2010-11-19, 07:39   Link #116
Ashaman

Yeah, that's true, but what else is a manga readers first reaction to the mirror talking going to be but Goddess.

It was only for a second, until I could get a good look at the mirror!Kanon.

Glasses, No facial markings, long hair, not Apollo.
Old 2010-11-19, 10:05   Link #117
tsunade666

It also took me a bit more second to realize it because the whole thing in the mirror wearing a glasses reminds you of chapter 114. She's wearing a glasses then while reveiwing for test though probably the difference is the first panel already show the markings on kanon's face..........

now I wonder if the mangaka decide to put he markings here after the planning of the anime to make a difference because for Tenri and Diana there are no markings.
Old 2010-11-23, 16:29   Link #118
NecocYaotl

In his blog, Wakaki said that he is the one who asks anime staff to make Kanon arc become music anime. And seeing that Kanon album will be on sale on March, in the same day of her birthday, not soon after the anime broadcasted, you guys still think that this arc is only for selling cd?

進撃の巨人
Old 2010-11-23, 23:34   Link #119
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecocYaotl View Post
In his blog, Wakaki said that he is the one who asks anime staff to make Kanon arc become music anime. And seeing that Kanon album will be on sale on March, in the same day of her birthday, not soon after the anime broadcasted, you guys still think that this arc is only for selling cd?
Yes. Don't you remember what starts airing only a month later in April?
Old 2010-11-24, 00:38   Link #120
tsunade666

Kanon's album would be sale on March next year? is that album consist of happy cresent, All 4 you and the one she song in the concert?

What a long wait. That's the one I'm waiting for.

I personally had no trouble with all the songs kanon sung. Because she's an idol. So what's the problem with that? I often listen to it after watching the whole episode.