AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-11-19, 08:54   Link #1901
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Err...maybe he was just joking? Geez, this is the internet O_O

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 10:00   Link #1902
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Can we get back on topic? Thanks.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1894

What other comparisons do you see?
Old 2010-11-19, 11:22   Link #1903
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
uh NEXUS means this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA-271GIsZU yes that NEXUS really besides with type-talking how come there no action to do about it to get GS movie & 3rd GS?

really where is fan interaction on it?!
I don't get it...not sure what you're saying.

You mean why are fans only talking on forums about Gundam Seed and not like writing letters to Sunrise? I'm sure hardcore fans do...but I guess the real demand for a Seed movie isn't so strong to the point where Sunrise NEEDS to submit to the calling. As successful as Seed is I have to say that the haters are equally vocal about it. It's not like Firefly or Star Trek where there's a very strong vocal positive fan base, to the point where their DEMAND is so strong it ressurects franchises.

But again...Seed is a giant cash cow, so it's not like they would lose an arm doing it. They're probably seriously discussing within the committee where they should take the Gundam fan base in the future. They probably don't want to promote more than two works at once in case they break up the fan base too much. We already have Unicorn and 00 just ended, so they're basically considering if they should go back to the Seed movie or promote a whole new material.

@ Washu-Chan

I'd say Fllay is the one that's based on Lalah. Her character is not like Lalah at all but the role she serves is very similar. She's basically THE GIRL that changed Kira and the girl that dies that makes him feel guilt and frustration to take down the antagonist. I wouldn't say Athrun has Heero in him either, he's all Char...just a concentrated bro-side of Char. If we really have to put it Amuro's character is divided into Mwu and Kira while Char's character is divided into Athrun and Rau. Mwu also plays the sacrificial mentor role so he's probably got a spice of Sleggar/Ryu in him. The rest of the cast like Nicol, Yzak and what not I don't think are really based on anyone. They're just stereotypes to give the "bad guys" some character. Yzak - hot headed dude...Dearka happy go lucky guy...Nicol the super nice best friend...all very typical "enemy friends".
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 11:34   Link #1904
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
I'd say Fllay is the one that's based on Lalah
Which is why it's insulting that Fllay's Ghost didn't have appearances on Destiny, but Rau's does have an appearance. It would be a fitting explanation why Kira survived episode 34 (seriously, it works like a charm if we do it that way)
Old 2010-11-19, 11:39   Link #1905
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Well I guess even though CE is based on UC, it still took a radically different path. Kira's role is...very different from Amuro's late Seed and Destiny. He's also paired up with Lacus, and their pairing is SOOOO POPULAR that fans would rage like insane dip shits and claim that he's unfaithful to Lacus (mentally) if Kira has a vision of Fllay's ghost.

Ghosts are also just flashbacks in Seed if my perception is correct. The scene where Fllay tells Kira she's sorry and she's got a lot she wanted to tell him is not a Newtype moment, but a moment that shows what Fllay really felt at her last breath. Kira didn't hear any of her words, which was why he kept crying and only mumbled "why why did you why...whyyy whyy"...and then got pissed.
Old 2010-11-19, 11:54   Link #1906
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
Ghosts are also just flashbacks in Seed if my perception is correct. The scene where Fllay tells Kira she's sorry and she's got a lot she wanted to tell him is not a Newtype moment, but a moment that shows what Fllay really felt at her last breath. Kira didn't hear any of her words, which was why he kept crying and only mumbled "why why did you why...whyyy whyy"...and then got pissed.
yeah i know, but after the Shinn-Stellar Scene, I don't know what to think anymore.because Clearly, the 'newtype' scenes were even before Stellar finally dies.

Quote:
Well I guess even though CE is based on UC, it still took a radically different path. Kira's role is...very different from Amuro's late Seed and Destiny. He's also paired up with Lacus, and their pairing is SOOOO POPULAR that fans would rage like insane dip shits and claim that he's unfaithful to Lacus (mentally) if Kira has a vision of Fllay's ghost.
That's their problem if they claim such. In no way or form should it be treated as that. The scene I'm proposing was logical because Fllay actually promised that she would protect Kira. So in no way that it is a knock on Kira's faith on Lacus.

But give me a break, you may tell me biased perception because I'm a member the founder of the Fllay fans club here, but I actually like both parings, i just have a better feeling with K x F because it was really romantic and with passion too. K x L is like sugar while K x F is like wine, but yeah. that's how I see it right now.
Old 2010-11-19, 12:01   Link #1907
jonli
JONLIの憂'

^Yea, in no way can I defend the logic behind Gundam Seed, it'll be a losing battle. I'll just surrender now .

I never liked any pairings in Seed, but I'd agree the most logical and passionate one would be Kira and Fllay. Even though I wouldn't consider that my ideal romance since it's foundations are so flawed and evil. Snatching your friend's girl is never a good thing, and you'll never last long since once a cheater always a cheater. Even though her cheating excuse was revenge for coordinators. I'd actually say Fllay was decently written out of the Seed cast even though I hate her guts.
Old 2010-11-19, 12:07   Link #1908
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Snatching your friend's girl is never a good thing, and you'll never last long since once a cheater always a cheater.
No, *drumrolls* do you doubt the abilities of the:

*fiance stealin'*
*redhead lovin'*
*Ultimate Coordinator*
Kira Hibiki err... Yamato!?
Old 2010-11-19, 12:10   Link #1909
justavisitor

I like KiraXLacus...but somehow, deep in my mind, I think Fllay is Kira's one and only love interest

I should leave before Lacus fans come to tear me into pieces XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 12:14   Link #1910
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
I like KiraXLacus...but somehow, deep in my mind, I think Fllay is Kira's one and only love interest

I should leave before Lacus fans come to tear me into pieces XD
It really tickles my mind of the possibilities that would've occured had Fllay surivived the first bloody valentine war. Keeping Fllay Alive would've made at least a conflict within Kira in Destiny...
Old 2010-11-19, 13:30   Link #1911
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
@ monstert

Then that is your lost.
Why? Because I can enjoy something without having to make things up? I think you need to check the definition of "loss". (That's loss, not lost, by the way.)
Quote:
Not offended just dumbfounded to the plain stupidity to connect 2 different shows that has no base of relations except the tittle and big robots and then try to wrap it around as to an insult to those fans who may dislike SEED using the dust as the bridge of the 2 shows.
What's stupid is making up a magical substance that doesn't exist just to mock something because you don't like how it's presented.

Now, if people can get over that stupidity, then perhaps other people wouldn't have to joke about that. (And yes, I agree with Paladinoras that it sounds like a harmless joke.)
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 14:03   Link #1912
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
A "dumb" person like me always see those so called "Lacus Pixie Dust" as nothing more than a special effects to make Freedom HiMAT look cool & awesome (i even fall for it & bought both Freedom & SF kits...)

Quote:
Well I guess even though CE is based on UC, it still took a radically different path.
I agree on this, CE has so much content in it that are somewhat different and can be exploit for futher elaboration in medium like manga,anime,OVA or etc. If Bandai/Sunrise seriously going to revive/release SEED series, they better gave the "Creative team" more time for development phase.
Old 2010-11-19, 14:45   Link #1913
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
It really tickles my mind of the possibilities that would've occured had Fllay surivived the first bloody valentine war. Keeping Fllay Alive would've made at least a conflict within Kira in Destiny...
Kira would have gotten out of his beach house in destiny ep 1 because he had enough of two girls constantly fighting and arguing against each other
(especially that those two can be quite crazy at times )
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 15:33   Link #1914
jonli
JONLIの憂'

If Fllay does survive the war and is in Destiny, I would prefer if she took a radical change in character and actually grows up as a self-sacrificing adult who wants to stop the hatred between Naturals and Coordinators because she understood how ugly her inner self was once. I'd say she would turn into an active war journalist or war photographer that's celebrated as a hero and eventually transformed into some political figure near the end. They can also explain that Fllay didn't want to stay with Kira and Lacus on that island and asked for Kira not to look for her, and she just disappears to travel the world and learn about stuff. Then she comes back with a bang in Destiny all grown up and mature and ready to stop war for real, not the Kira shoot all your guns style, but the seep in through the heart of the people and inspire them style. Her role would effectively replace Lacus, and they could always explain how Lacus' political presence is stolen by Meer and somewhat ruined because she is now a tool for brainwashing the ZAFT population. It would also create a good counter since Fllay isn't a Mary Sue, she was a true bitch to the bone, and having her go through a transformation process would be awesome. She's also a Natural while Lacus is a Coordinator.

Don't know how they will end the triangle but they can always have Lacus deciding to retire and just let the world think she's dead, so that she can go take care of the kids in the orphanage. Then Kira has to decide who he should follow...and they can just end it at that ...and we NEVER know until the Seed Movie.
Old 2010-11-19, 16:17   Link #1915
Washu-Chan