AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-26, 16:37   Link #1
Bern-san

La storia della Arcana Famiglia

This summer we are getting the adaption of the otome game by HuneX, La storia della Arcana Famiglia, which also has an ongoing manga (this month in Japan the 6th chapter was released and the first 4 or so are translated).

The story follows Arcana Famiglia, a self-appointed organization with mysterious powers that has protected a small Mediterranean island from pirates, foreign countries, and other threats. Mondo, leader and "Papa" of The Arcana Famiglia, decides to retire. A tournament, The Arcana Duel, will take place and the winner not only get to take over the family, but also marry his beautiful daughter, Felicitá. The contestants are the 10 heads of the family (Felicitá included), whom all have special Arcana powers. Felicitá has 2 months until the tournament and during this time she must train hard unless she wants to be married against her will!

This week news about otome games and manga adaptations have been released, including information about the staff of this anime:

Quote:
Studio: J.C Staff
Director: Chiaki Kon
Series Composition: Masanao Akahoshi
Anime designs: Mai Matsuura based on Chiyomi Sara's original designs (Chiyomi was the one who made Steins;Gate manga)
http://www.arcanafamiglia.com/

And the cast will remain the same as the game and drama cd:
Quote:
Felicita: Mamiko Noto
Liberta: Jun Fukuyama
Debito: Hiroyuki Yoshino
Dante: Juurouta Kosugi
Jolly: Koji Yusa
Pace: Tomokazu Sugita
Nova: Tsubasa Yonaga
Luca: Yuichi Nakamura
Two things to take in mind: this game is marketed as otome game x shounen manga and like you read in the summary, there's battles and action involved. The other thing is the heroine: she is one of the most badass heroines in an otome game and is always ready to kick some asses, other curiosity is that in the game she doesn't talk (well she has, but very very few lines, in the manga you notice it too).

PLEASE CHIAKI KON DON'T MESS THIS UP.
Old 2012-04-26, 16:44   Link #2
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Wow. I like the picture. All of them males look really badass. Otome+shounen? Interesting combination. No trailer released yet?

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 16:55   Link #3
Bern-san

The first anime teaser will be shown during the Anime Contents Expo that will be held between 31rd March and 1st April. During that expo a demo of the fan disk for PSP Arcana Famiglia ~Vascello Phantasma no Majutsushi~ will be distributed too.

Game opening (although the title of the video says teaser):
Old 2012-04-26, 23:39   Link #4
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Really nice art style may have to check out Then I saw Studio: J.C Staff and then Director: Chiaki Kon XD will have to see how this looks....
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 10:59   Link #5
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Shit this looks good....will be on my watch list
Old 2012-04-29, 08:14   Link #6
Bern-san

The art of the game was comic style, which I like:
Spoiler for screenshots:

Felicitá's parents seiyuus (who are the other 2 participants of the Duello aside from Felicitá and the 7 bishies):
Quote:
Mondo: Tachiki Fumihiko
Sumire: Inoue Kikuko
Old 2012-05-01, 02:16   Link #7
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
Felicitá's parents seiyuus (who are the other 2 participants of the Duello aside from Felicitá and the 7 bishies):
Gendo and Belldandy? I came.
Old 2012-05-11, 12:47   Link #8
Bern-san

Quote:
HuneX's blog for the La storia della Arcana Famiglia franchise revealed on Thursday that Hitomi Harada will be performing the anime adaptation's opening theme song. Harada posted on her Twitter account on Thursday that the song will be included on her fourth single titled "Magenta Another Sky," which Frontier Works will release on August 8.

Harada previously sang the theme songs to the original La storia della Arcana Famiglia PlayStation Portable video game and the Arcana Famiglia ~Vascello Phantasma no Majutsushi~ PSP game. Harada has also provided the opening theme song for A Dark Rabbit Has Seven Lives and the ending theme song for Baka and Test - Summon the Beasts.

Voice actors Jun Fukuyama (Liberta) and Tsubasa Yonaga (Nova) will sing the anime's ending theme song.
Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...ime-theme-song
Here is the opening of Vascello: http://www.comfort-soft.jp/products/...x.html#special
I liked both openings from the games so good news for me
Old 2012-05-12, 09:09   Link #9
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I have to wonder though...why does the novel version of this story cost far more than most other LNs of its length...?
Old 2012-05-14, 06:59   Link #10
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I have to wonder though...why does the novel version of this story cost far more than most other LNs of its length...?
Is it? Or is this the Limited Edition with Drama CD instead?

I remembered the pricing of the standard edition being 590-600 yen in average, actually... Unless LN nowadays priced less than 500 yen, ofc.

Anyway, I'm not holding my breath for the fact that Kon Chiaki is directing this, but still can get better (I hope. I so hope.). The main storyline is pretty straightforward anyway (read: shonen stuffs www) so it's really easy to make a good anime with great interaction between the main characters with this.

The question will be on what method Kon Chiaki will take the directing, of course. Stay True to The Game? Or just pluck the common route story and give awesomeness to Felicita instead? Please do the second and please don't forget to give a go to subtexts!

/still waiting for some screens of the anime lol

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 07:06   Link #11
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Is it? Or is this the Limited Edition with Drama CD instead?
Hmm...maybe; after all it was securely wrapped...

The Gekkou no Carnavale style setting and a reverse harem interests me a lot.
Old 2012-05-14, 07:21   Link #12
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
The Gekkou no Carnavale style setting and a reverse harem interests me a lot.
Ehhh... I wouldn't say it's like Gekkou no Carnavale's setting to be honest. Okay, as far as i remember GnC, that is It's far too light and wacky, and the root setting is already different to be compared to GnC! I'd rather compare this with latter half of Hitman Reborn instead (less... Chaotic, per to say for Reborn haters out there), but with Tarot as the base power* than Animal Motifs, and of course, the reverse harem setting

*This is no spoiler~ It is a premise~!

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 08:43   Link #13
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Ah? The more to the shounen-ish side kind then? Well the artwork alone is more than enough to hold me. And I expect Felicita to be damn awesome anyway
Old 2012-06-07, 05:38   Link #14
Bern-san

Also, a web radio for Arcana Famiglia has started in AnimateTV called Famiglia Bar. This is hosted by Yoshino Hiroyuki (Debito), Sugita Tomokazu (Pace), and Nakamura Yuuichi (Luca).
Old 2012-06-07, 05:42   Link #15
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

There must exist somewhere out there a story Chiaki Kon cannot seriously screw up, right?

Right?

Oh god please tell me I'm right.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 05:53   Link #16
Katapan
俺様祭り

Oh boy, finally a look at the character designs! I keep refreshing the official anime website hoping it'll get updated, but less than a month before the premiere, it's still got nothing. Well hey, the scan doesn't look too bad! Though I'm not sure I'm a huge fan of the hair coloring but I suppose it needs to be seen in motion.

A snippet of the OP performed live by Harada Hitomi was also uploaded on Niconico yesterday. (Hm, Niconico embeds don't work anymore?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
There must exist somewhere out there a story Chiaki Kon cannot seriously screw up, right?

Right?

Oh god please tell me I'm right.
I don't know about you, but I wouldn't necessarily consider Otome Youkai Zakuro, Junjou Romantica, Sekaiichi Hatsukoi or Nodame Finale to be screwed up adaptations (of course I don't expect many people to have seen the BL ones in there). I can understand the rage from Umineko fans, but it's not like she destroys any franchise she touches, you know!

Last edited by Katapan; 2012-06-07 at 11:44.
Katapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 09:16   Link #17
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Actually, I've read some of the Zakuro manga and I think the anime adaptation really improved on it (evened out the pacing, cut out some really pointless side chapters) and all the problems I personally had with Hatsukoi had to do with the characters, ie source material problem not an adaptation problem.

Erm, TL;DR I'm agreeing with Katapan here, not too worried about her directing at this point. (Also, where did you see the new images? I couldn't find any pages to click on on the site at all)
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 09:38   Link #18
Bern-san

I also enjoyed a lot Zakuro and Sekaiichi Hatsukoi which has been the only yaoi I've ever seen, the adaption was quite good and like wandering-dreamer said the problems about it were related to the source material itself.

Forgot to post this one too:

I think they'll do Libertá route or maybe Felicitá ending up with nobody, no Nova route please...
Old 2012-06-07, 11:11   Link #19
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
(Also, where did you see the new images? I couldn't find any pages to click on on the site at all)
Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear - I was judging on the scans alone and lamenting the fact that the website's yet to show anything. I didn't find it too reassuring at first (I was half expecting scheduling mishaps at this point), but it's relieving to see magazine illustrations coming now.

And that latest scan makes me scared to actually get a better look at anime!Debito's hair. ^^;
Old 2012-06-07, 11:45   Link #20
Kakkou
Tch.

So with the anime approaching I have begun asking myself the same question that comes to mind whenever Kon Chiaki directs an anime:

"Will the OP/ED have her favourite 'quick close up with film grain' shot?"
"Likewise are flowers going to start falling/blooming/forming a frame everywhere?"

Which reminds me, I should start listening to those drama CDs to get a feel for the characters...
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reverse harem, shoujo