AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-06-22, 08:19   Link #3541
hero147

The beginning of the ending song reminded me a lot on how Fate/Zero ended some of their episodes. I thought the theme of tears was a nice ost to play during his death though. As for the scene itself, I thought it was better overall, though Nicol suffered a bit due to his apparent lack of aim. I hope they don't change Find the Way as the last ending. I really liked that one and thought it fit the series very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Yes he was serious. Are you implying that Kira would refuse to fight at his best when he knows that if he loses that everyone on the Archangel will die? No, stop trying to give excuse for what happened. He lost that match and never got a 1 on 1 rematch, the Orb fight didn't end in anyone's favor, so as far as the show is concerned Kira lost to Shinn.
I think GundamX is only referring to the fact that Kira didn't actively try to kill Shinn while Shinn did.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 12:55   Link #3542
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Spoiler for Remaster Episode 27:
I love it cause it's yet another retcon to make Kira look good and was originally one of the more iconic scenes of the series, or at least Fukuda clearly wanted it to be the number of times they replayed it. It's Mu's helmet all over again. Not sure how they expect us to take this edit seriously or how it's supposed to work with all the stuff that comes after it, but I'd be lying if I said I really care about Seed much anyway.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 13:20   Link #3543
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

How exactly was Nicol's death changed?
Old 2012-06-22, 13:45   Link #3544
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Original: Han Kira swung first.
HD Remaster: Greedo Nicol swung first.
Old 2012-06-22, 14:09   Link #3545
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Err, unless you're talking about when the Blitz's arm was chopped off, Nicol always made the first attack when he died, by trying to stab the Strike with that one remaining spear.
Old 2012-06-22, 14:10   Link #3546
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Original: Strike ducked, avoiding Blitz's attack, and in the same motion, swung its sword forward.

HD Remaster: Strike stepped back and to the side, avoiding Blit'z attack, and in the same motion, positioned its sword in front of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
Original: Han Kira swung first.
HD Remaster: Greedo Nicol swung first.
Nichol "swung" first in both cases.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 17:45   Link #3547
hero147

More like Nicol missed the strike and embarrassingly ran into the Strike's sword.

Edit: Actually looking at it again, it doesn't look too bad. But I don't understand why they had to cleanse Kira's hands. He killed other Zaft soldiers before Nicol anyway.
Old 2012-06-22, 17:46   Link #3548
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Hmm. Yeah, sounds like the original version was better.
Old 2012-06-23, 01:02   Link #3549
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
More like Nicol missed the strike and embarrassingly ran into the Strike's sword.

Edit: Actually looking at it again, it doesn't look too bad. But I don't understand why they had to cleanse Kira's hands. He killed other Zaft soldiers before Nicol anyway.
Yeah, it doesn't look as bad after a third and fourth rewatch for me. But I still think they could've done better with it.

But anyway, like I mentioned before, I get what they're trying to do. The point is Kira didn't really want to kill anybody at that moment. That's why Kira got frustrated right after that scene, slamming his hands, and then he was sulking the next episode. In the original, that reaction didn't make sense since Kira actually swung the sword.

The problem is in the execution. Like you said, it made it look at first glance like Blitz intentionally ran itself toward the sword while missing Strike. They should've done that scene at a faster pace and maybe with a different angle so that it's clear that, in trying to stab the Strike, Blitz ran too far ahead and Strike, in trying to protect itself, instinctively put the sword between it and its enemy.
Old 2012-06-23, 01:46   Link #3550
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
The beginning of the ending song reminded me a lot on how Fate/Zero ended some of their episodes. I thought the theme of tears was a nice ost to play during his death though. As for the scene itself, I thought it was better overall, though Nicol suffered a bit due to his apparent lack of aim. I hope they don't change Find the Way as the last ending. I really liked that one and thought it fit the series very well.

I think GundamX is only referring to the fact that Kira didn't actively try to kill Shinn while Shinn did.
Actively killing or not hasn't stopped Kira before from fighting to the best of his abilities when his friends are in trouble. Most of the time he never actually tried to kill anyone even when he was fighting at his peak anyway.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 15:15   Link #3551
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Nicol's death is now pure lolz!

What made the original death scene so good is the fact that Kira killed him out of impulse. It's was a split second reaction. In both cases it was still an accident, but now it's just looks silly. In the original version Kira swung the sword towards Blitz and his reaction after Nicol's death made perfect sense, it's an important moment when Kira realizes what he has become. But now when Kira has that reaction it doesn't have the same effect. Now it looks like he is just chewing the scenery (overacting).

And this will also make the next fight less intense. In the original episode you can clearly see that Kira is fed up with the ZAFT pilots and Athrun. You can see that in the way how he fight them in this episode... Deep down he wants to kill them but He doesn't have the courage to do that, so he fights at his best to make them 'go away'. Killing Nicol is a direct result of this.

Kira wanted to kill athrun not only because of Tolle, but also out of frustration.. all those little things that have been building up inside Kira since the first episode, he let it all out in the final battle against Athrun. And it's the same for Athrun, it wan't just because of Nicol's death but also because of how frustrated he was with Kira. Kira's willingness to fight against his own people and against him, and fighting for the enemy who killed his mother.

In the original version both of them had a little different but equally good reasons to kill one another, but now it doesn't feel equal.

And as for the new Ending, I approve!
Good to know that Fukuda hasn't lost his taste for good music. The original 2nd ending "River" by Tatuya Ishii wasn't bad at all, but it was sandwiched between two of the greatest ending songs ever. But this new one is a worthy replacement.

BTW, this song is by FictionJunction. They made their debut with an incert song for Gundam Seed, the fact that they are willing to work on Seed after all those years speaks volume. I guess despite all those nasty rumors (Yes, that's what they still are) about the voice actors, the musicians apparently had a great time working on Seed and Destiny. And it shows, since Seed and Destiny have the best couple of OST's in all of Gundam.
Old 2012-06-23, 18:06   Link #3552
tetsuo69

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm a bit disappointed with this episode.

I don't know why, but the battle just doesn't feel as engaging to me as in the original. Did they change the soundtrack or something?
meteor played in the original when the strike was getting ready to go into battle and i think they also change the soundtack when the strike is changing packs.

as for the episode i think the old music was better it made it feel epic, as for nicol death im okay with this new scene.
Old 2012-06-23, 19:30   Link #3553
brightman
Ancient Member

Terrible change lol. Scene looks so disjointed. Plus Kira not godly enough yet?
Old 2012-06-23, 19:38   Link #3554
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo69 View Post
meteor played in the original when the strike was getting ready to go into battle and i think they also change the soundtack when the strike is changing packs.
Ah, of course. I like regular soundtracks as well. But sometimes, a nice insert song is just really nice.
Old 2012-06-23, 20:15   Link #3555
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
Nicol's death is now pure lolz!

What made the original death scene so good is the fact that Kira killed him out of impulse. It's was a split second reaction. In both cases it was still an accident, but now it's just looks silly. In the original version Kira swung the sword towards Blitz and his reaction after Nicol's death made perfect sense, it's an important moment when Kira realizes what he has become. But now when Kira has that reaction it doesn't have the same effect. Now it looks like he is just chewing the scenery (overacting).
In the original series, (we'll probably see it next episode) someone pointed out that Kira has killed before. Well now, there's a difference. In all his previous kills, Kira had actively fired or swung his weapon. With the change, that is not the case in Nichol's death. So not only is Kira confronted with killing Athrun's friend, but in killing him even when he didn't intend to.

In the original series, no matter what anyone say, Kira still made the decision to swing his sword towards Blitz. Now, he didn't, but it still cost a life. His reaction, I think, would make more sense now.

EDIT: Ah, sorry for the double post.
Old 2012-06-23, 23:08   Link #3556
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Terrible change lol. Scene looks so disjointed. Plus Kira not godly enough yet?
You act like they don't purposely try and make Kira look like a God that can do no wrong. Of course they would change things in the HD remake to make Kira look better.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 07:10   Link #3557
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Of course they would change things in the HD remake to make Kira look better.
Umm....If you watched the earlier Remaster episodes, they actually make Kira looks worse than in the original SEED .
Old 2012-06-24, 15:32   Link #3558
Zulu Keita

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Stop calling it a no-kill policy. Kira's been shown to kill from time to time.
I was simply calling it that because its the easiest way to put it, Altough I agree and know that Kira has killed even when trying not to.

Quote:
Yes he was serious. Are you implying that Kira would refuse to fight at his best when he knows that if he loses that everyone on the Archangel will die? No, stop trying to give excuse for what happened. He lost that match and never got a 1 on 1 rematch, the Orb fight didn't end in anyone's favor, so as far as the show is concerned Kira lost to Shinn.
No, You stop making excuses, I replied to you twice and wrote a long text why your wrong, and you refused to answer me or reply.... I wonder why?

You are the one making excuses and trying to make Shinn a God because some group of people call and think that Kira is a God? It makes no sense, Shinn did beat Kira in Freedom vs Impulse but dont you try to take away the fact that Kira took out 2 silhouttes in that battle and could have killed Shinn, Dont discard facts because it fits you.

Saying that the Orb fight didnt end in anyones favor is simply not true, Kira literally showed Shinn that he had him, God sakes, Shinn himself said that he would already be dead if those would have been beams, showing that he himself knew that Kira had his life in his hands.

I find it really sad that you pick and choose what fits you and discard everything else, Shinn DID beat Kira in Freedom vs Impulse so I agree with you on that but dont try to make it look like Shinn is a better pilot because of that 1 battle (which was also unfair as Kira did not want to fight against ZAFT).

"so as far as the show is concerned Kira lost to Shinn" - Shinn did get the better of Kira in that one battle, but Kira had gotten the better of Shinn about 3 times.
Zulu Keita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 08:54   Link #3559
hero147

I wonder if they'll reanimate the aegis vs. strike fight since it was full of still-images in the original.
Old 2012-06-26, 11:07   Link #3560
monster

I actually like it as it is, but if they add more animation, hopefully it'll be good.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep