Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-05-06, 09:35   Link #6481
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Quote:
Originally Posted by alviam099 View Post
Where did the Campione represents the 7 sins came from? AFAIK it's just one of the topics discussed here for *fun*, and they're speculating.
It from the earlier post, way back. I guess as you said, it must of been a topic started for fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
The title of the next volume is The 8th Campione, so everyone is speculating which country he/she is from, whether Godou knows that person, whether he/she joins the harem, etc.
OH I see, if the 8th Campione is a girl and join in the harem, wouldn't that destroy the balance the girls have now?

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 09:56   Link #6482
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
It from the earlier post, way back. I guess as you said, it must of been a topic started for fun.

OH I see, if the 8th Campione is a girl and join in the harem, wouldn't that destroy the balance the girls have now?
Yeah, remember how every time a goddess shows up the girls get regulated to the sidelines? Imagine a permanent version of that.
Old 2013-05-06, 10:13   Link #6483
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
I don't think I could find Shizuka becoming a campione enjoyable. Maybe it's just my bias as I don't like her as a character.
I know that feel... I have little sisters and I tolerate them but Shizuka comes even more annoying than I expected at first.

If she ever becomes a godslayer I hope the King of the End or some other god/godess does the job and kills her for good.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2013-05-06 at 10:54.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 10:37   Link #6484
Ultragunner

speaking of Shizuka, can we call her a tsundere brocon?

IMHO, the author may go a bit too far with all the nagging and criticizing Godou. I do agree that he is a natural gigolo and fond of intense competition, but all the people around him just hit straight in his face like: "you're like this....like that...", "you're the embodiment of destruction and disaster...etc...", it's really starting to annoy me, just my thought
Old 2013-05-06, 11:12   Link #6485
bakapervert
A pervert

Yeah, all the other character always say that Godou always bring trouble and disaster to other people, even though Godou himself never start the trouble. Hell, in other series Godou will be called a goddamn hero, but here people see him mostly as the devil king.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 11:23   Link #6486
Ultragunner

if you consider the aftermath mess (after battles against god) in this LN terrible then what can be said about Bleach or One Piece eh?

I think the author may try to "bring down" Godou a bit since he's a bit too OP already (a natural lady-killer and a Young Campione to boost), and you know authors and writers do not prefer their MC to be like that (for the sake of character development or whatsoever). In in honesty, this rarely works well (at least for me). Of course there are some exceptions like Keima (TWGOK), Tomoki (SnO) LOL
Old 2013-05-06, 18:01   Link #6487
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
Yeah, all the other character always say that Godou always bring trouble and disaster to other people, even though Godou himself never start the trouble. Hell, in other series Godou will be called a goddamn hero, but here people see him mostly as the devil king.
They say he always brings disaster and trouble to people because it's true. Sure 95% of the time it's not his fault and he certainly doesn't go looking for trouble, it's just his campione nature attracts it. They don't mean it to be mean, they're more teasing him about it.

As for Shizune possibly being the eighth campione would we really want to see campione level fights coming up every time Shizuka throws a temper tantrum when Godou is in the same room as a girl or makes eye contact with one? I certainly don't, it would get deeply annoying very quickly. Not to mention the politcs snafu that would spring up from having two Devil Kings from one nation, not to mention blood related ones.

Personal verdict: No. Just no.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 19:31   Link #6488
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Well, in most cases they're actually praising him. The gods, other Campione, and half his harem (Ena and Erica) all want him to act like that. The others who call him a demon king generally only witness the afterrmath of his fights or hear rumours.
Old 2013-05-06, 19:49   Link #6489
GundamFan

Quote:
Well to be fair Devil King is a another name used for Campione is general not just Godou and considering some of his fellow Campiones such as Salvatori, Voban and Luo Hao it's probably somewhat deserved.

Also if there is 8th Campione I think either there not going to be in Japan or it'll turn out to be a guy and give Godou a real rival.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 20:23   Link #6490
Ddraig

Can anyone confirm that the next volume gonna be all about the 8th Campione? What about the Last King? Didnt the author finally plan to reveal who the last king really are next volume?
Ddraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 21:35   Link #6491
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Wait minute...
next volume about 8th campione?
is there info about it?
Old 2013-05-06, 21:37   Link #6492
bakapervert
A pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Well, in most cases they're actually praising him. The gods, other Campione, and half his harem (Ena and Erica) all want him to act like that. The others who call him a demon king generally only witness the afterrmath of his fights or hear rumours.
I know that all of that is just teasing, but I can't really remember anyone that actually praising Godou genuinely for his good deed. Its like all of his good deed is outweighed completely by his womanizing and the collateral damage. Even Godou himself give me the impression that he only see all his fight as trouble for his surrounding.

As for if Shizuka turned out to be the 8th Campione, I don't think even she will be lacking common sense as to fighting using authority just for reprimanding Godou. She is quite similar with Godou after all in some area, though it will be interesting to see their relationship develop if both of them are Campione.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 21:57   Link #6493
Trung-t-rung

Shizuka became a campione ?
Now that's a recipe for disaster.
Suddenly I imagine I begin to imagine what happen if there are guys from magic communities try to come close to Shizuka only to meet the wrath of Godou as her brother.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 22:03   Link #6494
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Maybe... the 8th campione was little brat that accidently kill god
Old 2013-05-06, 22:08   Link #6495
XFire
150% done

Quote:
I know that all of that is just teasing, but I can't really remember anyone that actually praising Godou genuinely for his good deed. Its like all of his good deed is outweighed completely by his womanizing and the collateral damage. Even Godou himself give me the impression that he only see all his fight as trouble for his surrounding.

As for if Shizuka turned out to be the 8th Campione, I don't think even she will be lacking common sense as to fighting using authority just for reprimanding Godou. She is quite similar with Godou after all in some area, though it will be interesting to see their relationship develop if both of them are Campione.
Sorry, I wasn't clear. The people I mentioned praise him for the collateral damage and womanizing, not in spite of it. Erica and Ena in particular seem to get off on watching Godou rampage, and I've lost count of the number of times that he's been told to drop the pacifism facade and be honest. Remember how he acted in vol 10? That's how they want him to act all the time.
Old 2013-05-06, 22:16   Link #6496
Yami no Ou
まおう

for the ones asking about the info about the next volume it is already posted in this thread and apparently its title is The Eight God Slayer or something like that,and for the 8th Campione,honestly I think its much better if its a male foreigner that will become Godou's buddy rather than a female addition to his harem
Old 2013-05-06, 22:27   Link #6497
Algester

and then the 8th Campione was actually the last King...
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 23:06   Link #6498
Yye1
Wide Right

as i reread the series, i find that shizuka is a lot like kirino, but acts the exact opposite, its very interesting

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 23:26   Link #6499
Nihgthawk

Part 2 of chapter 7 is out. Man this is always the hardest part of the translation for me because of the fact that the fighting usually comes to abrupt halt in the middle of the action because of the ending of that part of the chapter.
Nihgthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 23:26   Link #6500
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post

I think the author may try to "bring down" Godou a bit since he's a bit too OP already (a natural lady-killer and a Young Campione to boost), and you know authors and writers do not prefer their MC to be like that (for the sake of character development or whatsoever). In in honesty, this rarely works well (at least for me). Of course there are some exceptions like Keima (TWGOK), Tomoki (SnO) LOL
I don't think that's the case. If you look at the overall scope of the story, Godou has been barely skidding by most of his fights. There hasn't been that one fight where I sit back and think, "WOW, he's dominant!" It's true that he's OP if you compare him to the mages or spirits in this story, but compared to the other gods and Campiones, he's right on par with them.

If anything, his current power level is nowhere near enough for the challenge he has coming up (The Last King). If he goes in with his condition-based abilities, he'll get swept out. He needs an ace in the hole (potentially like that Black Hole in V13).
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem