AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2014-02-13, 14:55   Link #5901
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
For those interested, Campbell Lane, the narrator for the dubbed version of Gundam Wing passed away.
R.I.P. Campbell Lane. Dude was an amazing narrator.
Old 2014-02-15, 01:07   Link #5902
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
That's so sad that Mr. Campbell passed. ;_;

So I was looking back at this old post from Deacon:

I started making calculations again and I've come up with some odd stuff....

Duo Jr. is about 18 years old during the current story. O_o

The timeline saids that he was 4 in MC0017 Next Summer, but I just realized that he was 4 Mars years old, making him about 7-8 Earth years old. He was born MC0013/AC 208. He is currently 18 Earth years old.

Also, Duo started wandering Mars in MC0012 Next Autumn and got into his accident in MC0014. As I recall, Hilde moved out to Mars after he nearly killed himself. So I guess this confirms that Hilde isn't Jr.'s mother after all and that he is indeed Duo's bastard child with some random chick from Mars.... unless Duo isn't Jr.'s father, but then I don't think that Sumizawa would troll us like that.

Quatrine Oud was born MC0015/AC 212. She was 4 Mars years in MC0019 (8 Earth years, AC 220). She is currently 13-14 Earth years old.

I don't believe that we were given the year in which the Peacecraft twins were born, but if they are 18 years old then they were also born in MC0013/ AC 208.
Didn't Duo say that Duo Jr. would have to been conceived around the time he was in a physically relationship with Hilde?

Seems to me that Hilde is the mother and if she is than at least Duo's only child, that he knows of, is with the woman he actually got with until he decided to be all scumbaggery and stuff because commitment scares him.

The things Hilde has to put up with and I don't think she's even fully moved on, despite Duo hurting her so much, as she never got with someone else and is going all Nun stuff nowadays.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 01:06   Link #5903
Eeni

YAY! My computer finally works again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Didn't Duo say that Duo Jr. would have to been conceived around the time he was in a physically relationship with Hilde?

Seems to me that Hilde is the mother and if she is than at least Duo's only child, that he knows of, is with the woman he actually got with until he decided to be all scumbaggery and stuff because commitment scares him.

The things Hilde has to put up with and I don't think she's even fully moved on, despite Duo hurting her so much, as she never got with someone else and is going all Nun stuff nowadays.
I don't remember what Duo said or claimed about Jr. (and I don't want to go back and re-read these chapters). If I recall correctly, at the beginning of the story Duo had said that Jr. wasn't his son. I have no idea whether it was jokingly or not, I really can't tell anymore with Sumizawa.
  • The timeline said that Duo left Hilde in MC0012 Next Summer.
  • Jr. is 4 Martian years old in MC0017 Next Summer (8 Earth years, he'd be 7 if it was First Season).
  • MC0017- 4 Martian Years = MC0013.
  • Since Jr. is 4 in the "Next Season" cycle and not the "First Season", I'm going to assume that his birth year is MC0013 NEXT SEASON/ AC 208.
  • At most, 21 months had passed from the time that Duo left Hilde and the birth of Jr. (At the least it's only 18 moths [NEXT Summer, Autumn, Winter, of MC0012 + First Spring, Summer, Autumn,Winter of MC0013]).
It doesn't seem like Hilde is his mother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
■ MC-0017 NEXT SUMMER
Father, who brought Naina to the Schbeiker orphanage, meets Duo (age 4).
Unless the timeline meant that Naina was the one who was 4 Mars Years old and not Jr. when they meet in MC0017 Next Summer.... That would make sense since she and Milou are supposed to be 18 years old during the current story.

That would mean that if Jr. is indeed 15 during the current story, his birth year would be AC 211/ MC0015 First Season. So then, according to the timeline Duo has his accident in MC0014 Next Winter and Hilde went to Mars at this time to take care of him. This scenario places the two of them together and makes it more plausible that Hilde is Jr.'s mother (it also means that Hilde and Duo probably hooked up while Duo was immobilized in a hospital)!

O_o

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Last edited by Eeni; 2014-02-25 at 01:26. Reason: an epiphany struck!
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 14:11   Link #5904
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
...it also means that Hilde and Duo probably hooked up while Duo was immobilized in a hospital)!

O_o
Old 2014-02-25, 18:16   Link #5905
Knight_SV

Altrin and d-hell finally debuted in gol
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 22:12   Link #5906
Tendou Souji

What's this survey I've been hearing about? I also heard that the Preventer 5 drama describes itself as a prequel to FT

Does Altron have wings and the tail?
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 23:05   Link #5907
gordol
Banned

FINALLY!
-Altron: Tail Beam Cannon, Wings, Beam Trident stored on the Wing's new latch. MG incoming!
-DH: new waist armor/weapons, resemble Buster Shield. Beam Scissor now has 2 emmiters that can function in 90 degrees independently

Last edited by gordol; 2014-02-25 at 23:23.
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 23:58   Link #5908
Knight_SV

Bandai really released MG d-hell too much early....now they made the beam scissors like tv ver twin beam scythe. I will not surprised if Mg d-hell ver. GOL will come later lol

Altron didn't hav twin beam trident but still a single edge beam trident. I guess it is to explain it still 70% complete like what they descripted in the anime where altron and d-hell first debuted

Can't wait for see what weapon will be added to sandrock kai and heavyarms kai, also for wing zero custom/ew when he debuted
Old 2014-02-26, 01:54   Link #5909
blacksun128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_SV View Post
Bandai really released MG d-hell too much early....now they made the beam scissors like tv ver twin beam scythe. I will not surprised if Mg d-hell ver. GOL will come later lol

Altron didn't hav twin beam trident but still a single edge beam trident. I guess it is to explain it still 70% complete like what they descripted in the anime where altron and d-hell first debuted

Can't wait for see what weapon will be added to sandrock kai and heavyarms kai, also for wing zero custom/ew when he debuted
Yeah, its hard to imagine what they will add to Wing Zero Custom, will it be a new beam saber, a new transformation, a twin buster rifle holder, a new shield, an additional wings or an alternate range weapon? Who knows, can't wait for that part, and its interesting how will the Proto Zero will turn to Wing Zero Custom and who will upgrade it. Surely Heavy Arms Kai will get additional/Improve Guns and Bullets, and Sandrock Kai will get new armor and booster and maybe a few range weapons.
blacksun128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-26, 02:29   Link #5910
Tendou Souji

Wing Zero EW will probably get a proper shield. Sandrock and Heavyarms will probably get ways to fly. Their first incarnations have them so if those armaments work on the upgrades they can reuse them.
Old 2014-02-26, 02:47   Link #5911
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Wing Zero EW could probably get remote weapons or something(AC Colonies now have remote weapons, after all), mainly Planet Defensors.

Considering it's Katoki, Heavyarms Kai would probably have a similar load-out to FA Unicorn.

Don't know about Sandrock Kai, though.
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-26, 03:34   Link #5912
Knight_SV

A feather shaped bits for zero custom perhaps? Lol and maybe zero custom will get a shield and could go neo-bird mode too

Sandrock kai might debut in the sanc kingdom arc, though in the tv series it is still the repaired sandrock and sandrock wouldn't appear before quatre, noin and duo meets howard in peacemillion. And heavyarms kai is the last upgraded gundam to appear, still too early to speculate

It's hard to imagine where the exact point proto zero will become zero custom. If the story direction after this will faithfully follow tv series story then there is no room for zero custom will appear. But in my speculation there is 2 point of the story where proto zero will become zero custom:
-proto zero probably will suffer a great damage when quatre self detonated mercurius after he able to bring heero to his sense after heero goes rampage in proto zero. There will be plenty of time for the scientist to look after proto zero before trant using it.
-after heero meets howard. In tv series after heero, wufei and sally rendezvous with the rest of the group. But i think it os unlikely.
Also i don't see wing zero ew/custom will be an upgrade of wing ew, since we all know what happened to wing after heero abandoned it for epyon.
How wing zero ew will appear is the biggest mistery in gol now. Well they could go easier way by introducing wing zero custom directly

Last edited by Knight_SV; 2014-02-26 at 04:33.
Old 2014-02-26, 12:38   Link #5913
Tendou Souji

I hope it doesn't get funnels. Zero is great because it doesn't have tons of different gimmicks. It is basically Saber, Rifle and Shield. Simple but extremely powerful. I wouldn't mind Sandrock or Heavyarms getting them. Heavyarms with a crazy loadout like the Unicorn would be cool and Sandrock with funnels would let it camp with that huge defensive body. If the enemy does by chance get close they still have the shotels to worry about. Defensors would fit it great too. Altron has been fixed perfectly and depending on what Deathscythe's new weapons do it might still need something for long range but it is looking up too.
Old 2014-02-26, 14:21   Link #5914
Elo the Blue

Altron and Deathscythe Hell look so cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou Souji View Post
Wing Zero EW will probably get a proper shield. Sandrock and Heavyarms will probably get ways to fly. Their first incarnations have them so if those armaments work on the upgrades they can reuse them.
I'd be surprised if Sandrock or Heavyarms got major upgrades to their mobility. Heavyarms had a flight-pack for the Siberia mission but I think both will get armament upgrades as opposed to mobility ones.
Old 2014-02-26, 15:39   Link #5915
Blazer-X

Huh... I guess they could always release DHC's extra equipment as a magazine bonus. Or worse case scenario, we could always wait for a Chinese knock-off with extra parts (they did it for Shenlong). Still, sorta lame that they had to release the MG so early. I REALLY like a lot of the extra stuff in GOL.
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-26, 18:54   Link #5916
Tendou Souji

I don't know why they released it so early. Maybe to keep interest in the line? Whatever the reason we now have even more stuff to release.

Since the manga is over halfway through Wing what changes/additions do you all want to see for the second half? I'd like Valder Farkill mentioned since G-Unit is getting Robot Damashii. Any nod to G-Unit would be good
I'd like to see the Aquarius' parts in a hanger while Tallgeese III is being built.
More custom equipment for the Gundams.
Old 2014-02-26, 19:06   Link #5917
gordol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou Souji View Post
I don't know why they released it so early. Maybe to keep interest in the line? Whatever the reason we now have even more stuff to release.

Since the manga is over halfway through Wing what changes/additions do you all want to see for the second half? I'd like Valder Farkill mentioned since G-Unit is getting Robot Damashii. Any nod to G-Unit would be good
I'd like to see the Aquarius' parts in a hanger while Tallgeese III is being built.
More custom equipment for the Gundams.
-Sumisawa doesn't acknowledge G-Unit at all.
-Aquarius is G Gen original stuff, improbable
-The Gundams will definitely get MORE new equipment, Heavyarms will be more loaded than Arnold during Commando
Old 2014-02-26, 22:50   Link #5918
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_SV View Post
A feather shaped bits for zero custom perhaps? Lol and maybe zero custom will get a shield and could go neo-bird mode too

Sandrock kai might debut in the sanc kingdom arc, though in the tv series it is still the repaired sandrock and sandrock wouldn't appear before quatre, noin and duo meets howard in peacemillion. And heavyarms kai is the last upgraded gundam to appear, still too early to speculate

It's hard to imagine where the exact point proto zero will become zero custom. If the story direction after this will faithfully follow tv series story then there is no room for zero custom will appear. But in my speculation there is 2 point of the story where proto zero will become zero custom:
-proto zero probably will suffer a great damage when quatre self detonated mercurius after he able to bring heero to his sense after heero goes rampage in proto zero. There will be plenty of time for the scientist to look after proto zero before trant using it.
-after heero meets howard. In tv series after heero, wufei and sally rendezvous with the rest of the group. But i think it os unlikely.
Also i don't see wing zero ew/custom will be an upgrade of wing ew, since we all know what happened to wing after heero abandoned it for epyon.
How wing zero ew will appear is the biggest mistery in gol now. Well they could go easier way by introducing wing zero custom directly
This is highly unlikely.

You must think about why Deathscythe and Altron are getting these, it's to increase their load out and make them better machines after having been stripped down.

Given Wing Zero EW a flight mode and shield hurts the Gundam. As it stands the Wing's offer Zero a full body shield that can actually make it so it can enter the atmosphere while taking no damage.

Same goes for the Transformation, as it stands Wing Zero only has it as a flight mode, but Zero EW has the same speed but full control and movement which is a major improvement over the bird mode from Wing, Wing EW, Zero, Proto Zero.

Two give him these two things wouldn't work.

I'm not a fan of the Funnel idea, but the Zero EW will almost assuredly be Zero MG/Evolve Zero with the Opening Wing Hatches, so it would have a place to release them should they go that way. That said I don't forsee Wing Zero EW or Heavyarms Kai EW getting upgrades. They are the two who didn't lose anything, and in fact gained over the TV forms. Where as D Hell, Altron, and Sandrock all lost something, so the need to give them something is much greater.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-27, 06:13   Link #5919
Knight_SV

It just speculation. We've just have to wait and see till zero ew appears(how is still a big mistery)

Sandrock kai will perhaps retain the shield for cross crusher function and the beam machine gun.

G-unit should be considered non-canon. I personally don't like g-unit too. It just so out of place.
The gundams in g-unit seems(maybe) more advanced than the main gundams. And valder have no clue about who epyon pilot is
Old 2014-02-27, 11:17   Link #5920
gordol
Banned

FT: http://imgur.com/a/DvLUG

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

GOL: http://imgur.com/a/i665f

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

FT summary:
-Epyon White and Tallgese Heaven are recovered by the VOYAGE as they flee from the battle
-Van pursues in the black Wing Zero who can can reach supersonic speeds without a booster
-Naina in the Queen of Hearts, Quatrine in the Sherazade, Phobos in the Prometheus and Warlock are forced to battle the pursuing Wing Zero
-From out of nowhere Heero appears in the Snow White and prepares to fire the Silver Seven Dwarf
-There's also talk about the Zechs Files

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing