AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-04-11, 20:14   Link #21
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Hathaway dug his own grave and he killed Chan in CCA when all she did was try and save him and help Amuro.

For that he should have suffered greatly.
He was annoying too (though not on the same scale as Katz)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 16:06   Link #22
Tetsu Aero

I would love to see Hathaway's Flash, hopefully in OVA format just like Unicorn.

Though rounding of the Gundam 00 universe i felt they should adapt all the mangas into one series, to make it more fluid. And while they are at it they could implement the books only stuff as well. Might not be the best choice financially but would be a good idea to complete the 00 universe like that.
Tetsu Aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 16:25   Link #23
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

So long as they turn 00F into something... reasonable...
Old 2013-04-15, 20:47   Link #24
kakakka

^Something 00I also desperately needs...
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 00:07   Link #25
AmericanFairy

I would definitely love to see 00P turned into either a series or an OVA. Maybe 00F... But it would be tricky to make it right. Also, I thought I had heard something about there being a post-movie armed conflict, but there seems to be little information floating around the net.
AmericanFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 01:53   Link #26
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
There's little information because the sidematerials never elaborated much on it. It's just a coup by a minority of the ESF Army that's Anti ELS and Anti Innovator. Considering the ESF Army and the subsequence aftermath, I can't really blame them too much.

There's also a war that Setsuna, Billy's son, and some former CB Members fought I the far future too that's briefly mentioned in the Movie Novel.

Personally, I don't think 00P would fit well as an animated project. It seems fine as it is. 00I goes to extreme levels of ridiculousness as it goes on too. 00F isn't too bad but mostly because it gives off a bit of interesting information on the 2nd half during the Seasonal timeskip. I wouldn't mind retconning 00I out of existence truth be told.

If 00 were to get an animated project, something to elaborate on ESF Innovator filled while adding in a conflict or two would be nice. You can even throw in CB minus Setsuna somewhere.
Old 2013-04-20, 01:58   Link #27
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The only real issue with adapting 00F is how Fon's actions and skills basically spit on the face of how everything works in 00. We're talking about how a guy in a mobile suit inferior to the Exia managed to kill two Gadessas with a single bloody kick. I'd probably flip a table if it got adapted without Fon getting toned way the fuck down.
Old 2013-04-20, 19:29   Link #28
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Isn't that in 00I though? I personally don't think 00F's depiction is that bad overall. It started getting ridiculous in 00I, and not just for Fon too. There's also 1 Gundam blocking Memento Moro using its particles emission without so much as a scratch. Full power or not, it's really out there for a suit with that level of power.

And yes, it needs a better adaptation. Setsuna pawning three GN-XIIIs is an example of how an inferior suit can how an inferior suit can best better suits with a reasonable depiction. Setsuna actually dodged and used smoke/particles grenades and stuff; the grenades being useful because they jam all sensors which gives Setsuna a large edge.

To be fair to Fon, how he defeated Gaddesa and Garazzo using Tau Astraea F Heavy Weapons Type in 00P Special was good as far as depiction goes. They just got lazy with him in the mangas for the most part.
Old 2013-04-20, 20:56   Link #29
gordol
Banned

LOL at people wanting 00 sidestories animated! They are AWFUL! Just enjoy the designs

The only serious contenders are: HF, Sentinel, Crossbone(original 6 volumes only), Astray(original, X, and stretching Destiny only), Frozen Teardrop(Mars part only) and Blue Destiny.

A remade and expanded F90 game adaptation would be cool, but F90 manga and SF91 are as bad as Frame Astrays...

G-Unit could work, but is not that popular and too short. Cool designs though

All other AUs have garbage sidestories besides the ones mentioned previously(7th Gundam Fight, all other Astrays, Memories of Sid, X Moonlight, all 00 ones, etc...)

All other game, manga, MSV, sidestories and the like are just boring grunt stories that exist only to clutter the UC timeline.

And to think they animated shit like IGLOO and Evolve...
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 23:17   Link #30
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
LOL at people wanting 00 sidestories animated! They are AWFUL! Just enjoy the designs

The only serious contenders are: HF, Sentinel, Crossbone(original 6 volumes only), Astray(original, X, and stretching Destiny only), Frozen Teardrop(Mars part only) and Blue Destiny.

A remade and expanded F90 game adaptation would be cool, but F90 manga and SF91 are as bad as Frame Astrays...

G-Unit could work, but is not that popular and too short. Cool designs though

All other AUs have garbage sidestories besides the ones mentioned previously(7th Gundam Fight, all other Astrays, Memories of Sid, X Moonlight, all 00 ones, etc...)

All other game, manga, MSV, sidestories and the like are just boring grunt stories that exist only to clutter the UC timeline.

And to think they animated shit like IGLOO and Evolve...
Nothing wrong with other people wanting different things animated, they obviously have different preferences and opinions that you

And in the end it all comes down to Bandai's decisions of course
Old 2013-04-21, 02:18   Link #31
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

00N was well written and very refreshing to see to see though there is little point in animating it since its mostly informational. I thought Memories of Sid was pretty good too, way better than Gen 3 of AGE IMO (which isn't much but it is something that made it to animation)
Old 2013-04-22, 08:22   Link #32
quagmire

I think the 00 mangas have good material to be animated. Especially 00P with the development of the 0 Gundam and 2nd gen Gundams( Feldt's parents, the Plutone accident, etc). and 00F with Fereshte operations.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 10:29   Link #33
Tetsu Aero

Now remind you, sunrise is free to alter the script of any AU story to make it better
Tetsu Aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 00:29   Link #34
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

They could but they probably my cant make much of a story out of 00P and most of the mechanical development stuff fits better in novel format than in animation. But some of the stuff regarding the Meister recruitment would nice, even if the final battle is a bit out there.

The base concept of 00F is interesting but I would like to see some stuff get retconned just do the overall story quality is better. I mean the idea of a splinter group with one Original Drive doing its own interventions separately is really really awesome. Imagine if Fon was there during the desert battle and was in secret standby to help Ptolemaios before the Thrones came in.

In fact, the interventions lasted 6 months plus or so, maybe close to a year so they can probably fill that with interesting stuff if they've considered stuff like this. A return to S1 type setting......with maybe a toned down Fon a bit. While unlikely to be animated at this point, it certainly has more theoretical basis and chances of animated as a concept that is remotely connected to the 00 side stories. Stars CB organization, involves an Original Drive, etc.

Hell as far as I'm concerned, I'll be happy if they went through it in a novel/manga format. Unfortunately, there is little return to investment as far as kits are concerned.
Old 2013-04-23, 00:33   Link #35
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsu Aero View Post
Now remind you, sunrise is free to alter the script of any AU story to make it better
Or worse :P
Old 2013-04-23, 12:50   Link #36
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
They could but they probably my cant make much of a story out of 00P and most of the mechanical development stuff fits better in novel format than in animation. But some of the stuff regarding the Meister recruitment would nice, even if the final battle is a bit out there.

The base concept of 00F is interesting but I would like to see some stuff get retconned just do the overall story quality is better. I mean the idea of a splinter group with one Original Drive doing its own interventions separately is really really awesome. Imagine if Fon was there during the desert battle and was in secret standby to help Ptolemaios before the Thrones came in.

In fact, the interventions lasted 6 months plus or so, maybe close to a year so they can probably fill that with interesting stuff if they've considered stuff like this. A return to S1 type setting......with maybe a toned down Fon a bit. While unlikely to be animated at this point, it certainly has more theoretical basis and chances of animated as a concept that is remotely connected to the 00 side stories. Stars CB organization, involves an Original Drive, etc.

Hell as far as I'm concerned, I'll be happy if they went through it in a novel/manga format. Unfortunately, there is little return to investment as far as kits are concerned.
Fon was there in the desert, but Veda told them to standby and not intervene because of Ribbons messing with Veda knowing the Thrones were coming.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 22:25   Link #37
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

That was I the back of my mind but I couldn't remember for sure whether it was true or not. Well, good to know there was some backup afterall.
Old 2015-10-28, 03:24   Link #38
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Oh hey, it seems Gundam Thunderbolt manga will be adapted into anime. (thanks to Stark700) from the other thread

So, after Unicorn & Origin, it seems we'll get more adaptations, huh? Let's see how it will do
Old 2015-10-28, 07:03   Link #39
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

I guess it depends on how popular the adaptations are and how well-received they are. Unicorn and Thunderbolt definitely have (fairly recent) popularity to back it up. And to be honest, the Origin stories being adapted are the ones from before the start of the original series so it makes kind of sense to animate those.

Crossbone may have potential to be animated into a TV series as it's definitely got enough popularity but we'll see. I doubt Hathaway's Flash would make it, though. Juts a feeling.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 04:31   Link #40
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Crossbone may have potential to be animated into a TV series as it's definitely got enough popularity but we'll see. I doubt Hathaway's Flash would make it, though. Juts a feeling.
few years later

Hathaway Flash on 2019

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote