AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2009-04-05, 13:21   Link #401
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Actually, for hitting a tenryuubito there should be a level 7 exclusively for Luffy, it's supposed to be the most disrespectful thing a person can do (right next to killing them, which is inconceivable lol). The age of pirates is coming to an end,if it hasn't ended already, the question right now is which era will succeed it; will it be Donflamingo's, Whitebeard's, Luffy's, etc. etc.
I'll go with the most basic idea of Luffy and the supernovas establishing the new era, by Luffy screaming in Roguetown: "A new age has begun-an age of freedom!"[/fanfiction till further notice]
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 18:07   Link #402
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

The thing about Luffy is that Sengoku is thinking of covering up his atrocities for the time being because Luffy is doing too well for a rookie and it may shake the public's faith in the Marines and Shichibukai.

Probably word hasn't gone to Impel Down yet and that's why Magellan didn't throw him into level 6.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 18:13   Link #403
junte86

Just aboout the concept of Shichibukai
The concept of Shichibukai comes from a game named Romancing Saga's Seven heroes
they are strikingly similar
Noel Genious swordman->Mehawk
Wagnas: to search for ancient people he tries to take over one kingdom->crocodile

It is a really old game but really good one.
anyway Oda stated he based Shichibukai on these seven heroes from romancing saga (SBS)
evey seven heroes and shichibukai have some similarities
junte86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 21:19   Link #404
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Its interesting actually that we know Ace was offered a spot with the Shichibukai and that he only set out 3 years ago. We know that Moria became a Shichibukai 10 years ago, Croc was already Shichibukai 3 years before, Hancock was offered a place 11 years ago and Jimbei joined 8 years ago. So that would mean that since there was a spot open 2 years ago, either Kuma, Doflamingo or Mihawk joined then, unless ofcourse, there used to be more then 7 warlords, in which case the name of the group would not be Shi'chi'bukai.
Old 2009-08-01, 05:49   Link #405
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Its interesting actually that we know Ace was offered a spot with the Shichibukai and that he only set out 3 years ago. We know that Moria became a Shichibukai 10 years ago, Croc was already Shichibukai 3 years before, Hancock was offered a place 11 years ago and Jimbei joined 8 years ago. So that would mean that since there was a spot open 2 years ago, either Kuma, Doflamingo or Mihawk joined then, unless ofcourse, there used to be more then 7 warlords, in which case the name of the group would not be Shi'chi'bukai.
I don't think it would be Kuma, being as though he's known as the "Most Loyal" Shichibukai. I don't think that's a title that can be earned so easily in a mere 3 years. I'm actually guessing its Mihawk.
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 16:06   Link #406
AnbuItachi

I dont think it's mihawk. I believe during one of the meetings, Mihawk was known as the shichibukai with the worst attendance record. I guess he can miss 1 out of 1 and be like 100% miss but I highly doubt that. Besides, mihawk looks kinda old so i think he's a pretty old member. I would guess it's don flamingo. He seems like a young guy.
AnbuItachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 19:15   Link #407
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnbuItachi View Post
I dont think it's mihawk. I believe during one of the meetings, Mihawk was known as the shichibukai with the worst attendance record. I guess he can miss 1 out of 1 and be like 100% miss but I highly doubt that. Besides, mihawk looks kinda old so i think he's a pretty old member. I would guess it's don flamingo. He seems like a young guy.
Mihawk doesn't exactly look that old. And unless Mihawk's bounty is revealed to be higher than Doflamingo, I don't think Doflamingo would be the recent member to join the Shichibukai as it must have took a few years for Doflamingo's bounty to be the highest before joining them.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 19:35   Link #408
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Mihawk doesn't exactly look that old. And unless Mihawk's bounty is revealed to be higher than Doflamingo, I don't think Doflamingo would be the recent member to join the Shichibukai as it must have took a few years for Doflamingo's bounty to be the highest before joining them.
Being as though Mihawk power is equal to Red-Haired Shanks.
I would assume his bounty to be near the bounty of a Yonkou, considerable his strength and threat level.

But that also depends on if the duels between began before or after Mihawk joined, which I think was before because I think that's how the both of them rose to notoriety.
Old 2009-08-01, 23:40   Link #409
AnbuItachi

He looks middle aged haha. He calls everyone "Kid", when he met the straw hats. I wonder if Mihawk even has a very high bounty. Although extremely powerful, i don tthink he really pose a BIG threat to the government. He was shown to destroy Pirates when he's bored. He seems like a carefree and sleepy guy. If a bounty was given to match his power, it'd probably be over 1 B
Old 2009-08-01, 23:54   Link #410
james0246

Quote:
He looks middle aged haha. He calls everyone "Kid", when he met the straw hats. I wonder if Mihawk even has a very high bounty. Although extremely powerful, i don tthink he really pose a BIG threat to the government. He was shown to destroy Pirates when he's bored. He seems like a carefree and sleepy guy. If a bounty was given to match his power, it'd probably be over 1 B
Hard to say. You ever notice how there is no high-ranking swordsmen in the Marines? Maybe that is because Mihawk already killed them all ?
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 14:50   Link #411
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

With the expulsion of Crocodile and Jinbei from the Shichibukai, it seems like Boa and Doflamingo are the only two who are actually 'warlords'. Doflamingo has businesses and subordinate pirates working for him (the slave trade and the Bellamy Pirates respectfully, and probably others to be revealed later) and Hancock is an Empress of a whole nation. As for Kuma, Mihawk, Blackbeard, and Moria, their subordinates (or seeming lack thereof in the case of the first two) don't seem to warrant being a warlord.
lonewolf777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 23:00   Link #412
AnbuItachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Hard to say. You ever notice how there is no high-ranking swordsmen in the Marines? Maybe that is because Mihawk already killed them all ?
its possible but doubt it. mihawk seemed pretty friendly and vice, with sengoku during the meeting
Old 2009-08-05, 06:10   Link #413
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
its possible but doubt it. mihawk seemed pretty friendly and vice, with sengoku during the meeting
Friendly?? Naw dont think so.
Mihawk attitude was more like "get straight to the point so I can leave"
Old 2009-08-05, 15:31   Link #414
Baby-Boo

I thought prisoners were put in different Impel Down levels due to their strength. That's why they put Buggy in lvl 1, since they didn't know he had devil fruit abilities.
They put Luffy in lvl 5 vecause he is powerful, but not as dangerous as a Logia user who can transform into sand like Crocodile.
I doubt they put them in levels because of what they've done. Although if Dragon is not powerful in strength, I am sure he would be put there.

I wonder what alse Boa Hancock can do. Her abilities rely on if the person likes her, as shown that Luffy could not be made into stone. So I would doubt Whitebeard would fall in love, or Marco.
Baby-Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 15:46   Link #415
james0246

Quote:
Sengoku doesn't weild a sword .
Old 2009-08-05, 21:20   Link #416
AnbuItachi

yea but im assuming if mihawk took out the best swordsmans in the marines.. sengoku would probably be pretty angry at him lol
Old 2009-08-05, 21:29   Link #417
james0246

Quote:
yea but im assuming if mihawk took out the best swordsmans in the marines.. sengoku would probably be pretty angry at him lol
Yeah, you're probably correct. I've just always found it weird how few committed swordsmen there were in the Marines (Bogart (Garp's assistant) and Shiryuu are the highest ranking swordsmen shown in the marines thus far).
Old 2009-08-06, 00:08   Link #418
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Yeah, you're probably correct. I've just always found it weird how few committed swordsmen there were in the Marines (Bogart (Garp's assistant) and Shiryuu are the highest ranking swordsmen shown in the marines thus far).
There may be few high ranking 'committed' swordsmen in the Marines, as you put it, but don't forget that both Aokiji and Kizaru can use and fight with (elemental) swords.
Old 2009-08-06, 05:47   Link #419
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
My theory is that there just isn't that many strong swordsmen around. In a world where people just eat fruits to getabsurdly strong, you really need to be an elite swordsman to be able to compete.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 10:09   Link #420
gibits
Endless

Quote:
Originally Posted by junte86 View Post
Just aboout the concept of Shichibukai
The concept of Shichibukai comes from a game named Romancing Saga's Seven heroes
they are strikingly similar
Noel Genious swordman->Mehawk
Wagnas: to search for ancient people he tries to take over one kingdom->crocodile

It is a really old game but really good one.
anyway Oda stated he based Shichibukai on these seven heroes from romancing saga (SBS)
evey seven heroes and shichibukai have some similarities

Not really, the concept of the warlords is based on the old Eurapean practice of pirateering. Basically gov'ts hire pirates unofficially to attack and loot other country's ships. The "hiring" gov't gives the pirates a free pass on their waters in exchane for not looting thier ships and a cut of the pirates earnings.

This was a way for gov'ts to bypass treaties of peace while still sabatoging trade. The game you mentioned is most likily based on this practice as well.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote