AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2009-06-10, 10:20   Link #41
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
Requesting proper translation.
I'm on it.

Quote:
・2009年10月30日発売予定
On sale October 30, 2009.

Figured that was the most important piece of info here.

Quote:
・デイジー:リシアンサスに憧れる神界からの留学生。留学2年目ながら、日本語が堪能で、部員一人の放送部 部長を務める
Daisy: A transfer student who missed Lisianthus quite a bit. She's a second-year student, good at Japanese and is working as the only member (and thus club president) of the broadcasting club.

Quote:
ルリ=マツリ:神界の親衛隊に所属しシアの護衛を勤める少女。凛とした風貌に近寄りがたさがあるが穏やかで 心優しい。普段は男子の制服を着用している。
Ruri=Matsuri: Worked as a bodyguard in Sia's personal defense force in the Realm of Gods. Seems to be very cold, but is a very nice and serene person. Has a habit of wearing the boys' uniform at school.

Quote:
謎の和服少女:本作のキーパーソン。 本作は神界の設定にどんどん触れていっており、このキャラもそ ういった設定に 関わる鍵を持っている。
Mysterious girl in Japanese clothes: Key person to this work. *In this work the creation of the Realm of the Gods is explored, and this girl carries a key to its creation.

* - This line is really confusing. The main things I get out of it are "creation of the Realm of the Gods" and that this new girl has or had something to do with it. Something to that effect. If someone else wants to try translating this line better, by all means.

Quote:
という3人の新キャラが追加され、麻弓、カレハ、八重桜も登場し攻略対象に。
Along with these three new girls, Mayumi, Kareha and Sakura Yae will also appear and be available to pursue.

Quote:
・「SHUFFLE!」には桜の存在を感じさせる部分がなかったが、元からいたキャラとして自然に登場させ ることを意識。稟が違う選択をしていたら出会えたかもしれないと言う形で桜の話は始まる。
In Shuffle! you didn't know that Sakura even existed, but we wanted to introduce her in a natural manner that makes it feel like she's been there since the beginning. So if Rin makes some decision(s) differently it may impact whether or not you meet her and start her story.

Quote:
・デイジー編は全キャラが織り成す「部活編」
Daisy's story will get all the characters involved into the "Club Activities Story". (Hmm, wonder where they got this idea from...*coughNAGISAcough*)

Quote:
・ルリ=マツリは全く表舞台に出てこなかったキャラの極みとして存在。女子制服姿を見れる場面 は実は少ない
Ruri=Matsuri will be like someone who's never been in the spotlight before. (Not sure what that means but that's as good a translation as I can come up with.)

She will only very rarely be seen in the female school clothes.

Quote:
・既存キャラにも書き下ろしエピソード追加
Existing characters will all have newly written episode extensions. (Wonder what this could entail...?)

Quote:
・当初の予定より規模が大きくなったため、もはやタイトルに疑問を抱くレベルに
(This line is giving me a ton of trouble but I'll try here)

In order to give a sense from the beginning that the scope of the game has gotten much bigger, right from the title you will have a choice to make (the end of the sentence is a bit odd, but I think the choice might be about who you hug or something to that effect).

Quote:
・ツボミと撫子も…というのは今は秘密にしておく
As for Tsubomi and Nadesiko, we're keeping that a secret for now.

The last line covers credits for art, scenario design, etc. Since it contains names I'm not even bothering with it.

Last edited by DJLowrider; 2009-06-10 at 14:53.
DJLowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 11:55   Link #42
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

So for those who don't care about the line-by line breakdown here's the nitty gritty:

Daisy - She's a transfer student from the Realm of Gods, likes Sia a lot and is the lone member of Verbena's Broadcast Club. Apparently part of her story will be getting everyone else likewise involved in the club as well.

Ruri=Matsuri - She's a member of Sia's personal guard from the Realm of Gods and prefers wearing the boys' uniform over the girls' one. Outwardly she seems very cold, but she's actually got a pleasant and serene personality. She also may not be much for acting girly either.

Mystery Girl - Not much about her, but she's got some kind of secret that deals with the actual creation of the Realm of Gods. Also, she wears Japanese clothes.

Mayumi, Kareha and Sakura are all confirmed to have routes, but Sakura may not even show up in the game unless you make certain decisions.

Kaede, Sia, Nerine, Asa and Primula will all have their scenarios extended with new content.

Tsubomi and Nadesiko's availability in the game is 禁足事功です. (Classified Information. )

So we go from 5 girls to 11 (possibly 13?) and apparently there's going to be a lot more to the story this time around. I'm down for that. Now bring on the screenshots and character art!

Last edited by DJLowrider; 2009-06-10 at 14:52.
Old 2009-06-10, 12:47   Link #43
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Ah, thanks. Your translation is very much appreciated, but I think you got one small part wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLowrider View Post
Also, she wears Western clothes.
和服 is Japanese clothing, not Western.

I've managed to google up some scans.
Credits: http://whirlshun.blog42.fc2.com/blog-entry-100.html

Looks like there will be new CGs for the original cast as well, and Ruri doesn't really look like Rin despite what the article said.
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 12:55   Link #44
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Gah! Thanks for the correction, I went back and fixed it. Shoulda taken a second to actually read the kanji. Western clothing is "youfuku".

Yeah, not getting how Ruri "looks like Rin" but that's how I read the line. Also not getting the "doesn't wear the girls' uniform often" vibe either considering she's wearing it in the spread there.

But Good God, Sakura... If she's anything like she was in Really? Really! then Asa might just have some competition for being my #1 in the game.
Old 2009-06-10, 14:35   Link #45
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

could the 'rin' by any chance be nerine ? ... and honestly i can see the resemlence ... though only due to lack of unique ways of drawing
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 14:40   Link #46
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Nope, Nerine as "Rin-chan" is written in Katakana and the "Rin" mentioned above is clearly in Kanji so it's gotta be good ol' Tsucchi.

Hmm...I did a bit of looking and Tsucchi's "Rin" is a different Kanji from the one in the text above. I think I'd better look at that line again. It was giving me some trouble the first time around so I may very well not have gotten it right.

Edit: Okay, I think I've got the line right this time. The reason it threw me off was because the Kanji are very similar.

Tsuchimi Rin's "Rin" is 稟.

The "Rin" above is 凛, which means "cold". Given the context of the line, I gather it's supposed to mean "ice". So really the line is saying that Ruri outwardly seems to have an icy personality but is actually very nice and serene. I'll edit the translation above to reflect this.

Makes a helluva lot more sense, but I call foul on the Japanese writer for using a Kanji so similar to Rin's name.

Last edited by DJLowrider; 2009-06-10 at 14:54.
Old 2009-06-10, 20:20   Link #47
relentlessflame

*Administrator

What I find most interesting about it is that the new scenarios being added to the game are being written by a new scenario writer. This game is also going to be rather massive, what with at least 4 full new paths, plus the PS2 paths, plus possibly some bonus paths. That's why they're saying the game's taken so long.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing/hearing more.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 23:24   Link #48
KoiNoDensetsu
今日、海をみた。もう恐くない。

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
What I find most interesting about it is that the new scenarios being added to the game are being written by a new scenario writer. This game is also going to be rather massive, what with at least 4 full new paths, plus the PS2 paths, plus possibly some bonus paths. That's why they're saying the game's taken so long.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing/hearing more.
Plus extensions to existing paths... Wow, this game is going to be HUGE!

I really hope JAST somehow magically makes an announcement that they have licensed this at the next con. That would be amazing! But yeah, really doubt that would ever happen. (after KimiNozo, this would be the game I want to be licensed the most)
KoiNoDensetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 01:35   Link #49
BlueGenome
Rimu-chan~

Thumbs up

Thanks for the translation, DJLowrider.

Looking forward to the 'extended paths'. Still have to play Really? Really! so I'm not sure what Sakura is like, and the lack of info on the other new girls is frustrating. Actually, not having the game is frustrating. Anyone got a time machine I can borrow?

I'll be watching their site like a hawk
BlueGenome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 07:13   Link #50
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Anyone else care to start speculating about the content of the extended routes? Personally, I can't help but wonder if we get to see:

Spoiler for Pure speculation on the extended route content:

Also, yeah, huge game is going to be HUEG. Maybe not CLANNAD-level huge, but the scope has definitely increased dramatically from the original. Though when you think about it, the franchise as a whole has really grown far and beyond what was presented in the original through the manga, anime, drama CDs and two "After Story" games. Not to mention that most of the voice cast are now significant voice acting stars in their own rights (though Itoh Miki was pretty much a star well before this anyway).

On the voice acting note, would it be too much to hope that Rin gets a voice in this game like he did in RR? It doesn't have to be Tomokazu Sugita (and for that matter I doubt he'd do it anyway) but I don't think it makes sense to leave him as the only unvoiced character after giving him a voice in RR.
Old 2009-06-11, 07:36   Link #51
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

I'm happy if I can see more of Ama.
Old 2009-06-13, 09:30   Link #52
BlueGenome
Rimu-chan~

Quote:
Spoiler for Pure speculation on the extended route content:
Pretty much agree with all of this.

Quote:
On the voice acting note, would it be too much to hope that Rin gets a voice in this game like he did in RR? It doesn't have to be Tomokazu Sugita (and for that matter I doubt he'd do it anyway) but I don't think it makes sense to leave him as the only unvoiced character after giving him a voice in RR.
Second this. Rin not having a voice in the original was kinda weird. I suppose it helped some people 'take his place' mentally, so to speak - IIRC some other eroges take a similar stance - but I think I can stand some characterisation. OTOH, I haven't seen it work in RR (yet) so I could be making up crap.

Quote:
FTW. Damn, Shuffle! has so many awesome characters I'm not quite sure how people can choose
BlueGenome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 09:42   Link #53
Gordy Lechance

Quote:
Too right mate!! What the hell are they doing not ever giving her a route but teasing us with nude scenes only of her in Really Really instead?

Sure, she may be 38 or over but gosh darn it she's still so cute she deserves her own route (and "scenes")!! To Hear 2 is doing it with their resident cute-young-mommy (who's well into her 40's by the look of it) so why don't Navel do it with their MILF if they bother to make her so cute in the first place.

Sorry, the rantings of an old Ama-oneechan fan here.
Old 2009-06-13, 17:16   Link #54
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGenome View Post
Second this. Rin not having a voice in the original was kinda weird. I suppose it helped some people 'take his place' mentally, so to speak - IIRC some other eroges take a similar stance - but I think I can stand some characterisation. OTOH, I haven't seen it work in RR (yet) so I could be making up crap.
Pretty much all PC eroge have unvoiced protagonists; it's the standard expectation of the genre. Even in Really? Really!, as I recall only certain scenes were voiced. So I'm pretty doubtful they'd consider adding this throughout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy Lechance View Post
Sure, she may be 38 or over but gosh darn it she's still so cute she deserves her own route (and "scenes")!! To Hear 2 is doing it with their resident cute-young-mommy (who's well into her 40's by the look of it) so why don't Navel do it with their MILF if they bother to make her so cute in the first place.
Won't ever happen due to the voice actress (YURIA). Really? Really! was as far as they could take it, and noting those particular scenes had her conspicuously silent. I distinctly recall some interviews about this at the time where they basically said "give it up".
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 02:36   Link #55
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

I remember them cooking up some excuse in their diary entry about how Shuffle is a warm, happy world where Asa's father is still alive and they can't just kill him off to create a route for Ama.

Contradicting statements considering they killed off Rin's parents and Kaede's mother in an accident.

Only way for a Ama route is if they changed her VA, but I'm not sure if anyone could fill in YURIA's saccharine sweet voice.
Old 2009-06-14, 04:58   Link #56
RJ TAYLER

Sad to hear that about YURIA, means we won't be getting much of an Ama fix in later stories.

On the latest installment, boy is Rin going to be tired-more girls after him than ever!
Old 2009-06-14, 19:21   Link #57
Gordy Lechance

Quote:
Only way for a Ama route is if they changed her VA, but I'm not sure if anyone could fill in YURIA's saccharine sweet voice.
Five Words: Noto Mamiko and Kawasumi Ayako.
Old 2009-06-15, 01:01   Link #58
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGenome View Post
Wow, didn't know Asa was such a fave around here. I think my user title offers my opinion on the subject

Oh crap, I'm not going to start some kind of jihad, am I?
Oh you have no idea.

I believe I'm the Co-President of the Ai-Ai-Asa-Sempai! Fanclub.

Those were the days. -sigh-

KiNA was President of the Kaede club I believe.
Old 2009-06-15, 06:52   Link #59
RJ TAYLER

Thank goodness I am unaffiliated with AAA, KKK, RRR, SSS OR PPP but am a Kaede fan through and through. Though I also Like Asa, Sia and the other girls as well.
Old 2009-06-15, 07:30   Link #60
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Just about everyone here has a hierarchy of their preference of the girls. For the original game, mine goes like this:

Asa > Nerine/Primula > Kaede > Sia

Though as I alluded to earlier, Sakura's introduction in RR really shook things up for me. Those of you who haven't played RR yet I urge you to try and check it out before Essence+ is upon us. She's quite a fun and interesting addition to the cast. RR is also a very fun game to play, being very Phoenix Wright-esque right down to Rin's version of "OBJECTION!". And of course there's...

Spoiler for Major spoilers for Really? Really!:

Last edited by DJLowrider; 2009-06-15 at 10:26.