Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-09-30, 00:02   Link #1041
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
The way you are saying it sounds like you are just playing with words. To your benefit, anything you want to talk about can not be "real" discussion.
The team that creates it, the theme singer, etc. Those topics are not part of discussing the game itself? That isn't "real" discussion of the game? Don't tell me the creator of the game and the person singing the game's song doesn't involve the game. That isn't general stuff about the Wii (which this topic is about), this is general stuff of TOG, which is a game on the Wii. Subject = TOG <--
I'm not saying posting all that news about the theme song is right, but posting things like news or impressions about it is well within the scope of the thread, since it is a game for the Wii. Simply posting news, however, is not discussion. It's fuel for discussion, but it's not discussion. Discussion implies a dialogue of some nature, be it debate or speculation. News is not a discussion, it's a statement. Now in this thread, we can involve news about Wii games in our discussions, but as you said we can not make specific games the centre of discussion. News about any Wii game is perfectly alright, but it can not be the centre of discussion.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 13:15   Link #1042
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
I'm not saying posting all that news about the theme song is right, but posting things like news or impressions about it is well within the scope of the thread, since it is a game for the Wii. Simply posting news, however, is not discussion. It's fuel for discussion, but it's not discussion. Discussion implies a dialogue of some nature, be it debate or speculation.

News is not a discussion, it's a statement. Now in this thread, we can involve news about Wii games in our discussions, but as you said we can not make specific games the centre of discussion. News about any Wii game is perfectly alright, but it can not be the centre of discussion.
Right. I'm sure the few posts from post #1045 and after do not count as a discussion. (-_-)

That's right, you can make announcements of games, like "TOG is going to be released on the Wii". But stuff like its staff or singer is stuff related to TOG, so it fits more in the TOG thread.
Okay, let's say you can...
The question is, just why aren't you guys posting in the thread for the game then? Don't tell me you can't put announcements for the game in the game thread, right?
Even if it does fit the Wii thread, it fits the TOG thread even more.

So the question is why are you and etc. (Like Sides) not posting in it? I mean, I will understand if your religion or belief requires you not to post stuff in the thread that fits the material the most...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 13:40   Link #1043
Sides

Quote:
So the question is why are you and etc. (Like Sides) not posting in it? I mean, I will understand if your religion or belief requires you not to post stuff in the thread that fits the material the most...
Because it is pointless to create a thread for every game, unless the game is release and/or people do want to have a discussion about it. If you look at this subforum you'll see alot of dead thread, and lot of western games, piling up, who noone cares for.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 14:11   Link #1044
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Because it is pointless to create a thread for every game, unless the game is release and/or people do want to have a discussion about it. If you look at this subforum you'll see alot of dead thread, and lot of western games, piling up, who noone cares for.
My, though the thread is already created. And...
Yeah, it sure might die, but you aren't helping it stay alive by not posting in it.
It's like... So a bunch of kids die from a certain disease. Well, I guess we should just give up on kids that have the disease and haven't died yet.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-09-30, 15:17   Link #1045
Sides

Quote:
My, though the thread is already created. And...
Yeah, it sure might die, but you aren't helping it stay alive by not posting in it.
It's like... So a bunch of kids die from a certain disease. Well, I guess we should just give up on kids that have the disease and haven't died yet.
I would, waste of money ^^. Just make a new one.
Old 2009-09-30, 19:08   Link #1046
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
I would, waste of money ^^. Just make a new one.
Yes, yes, funny.
Now then, back to the topic on hand, but give a better reason this time. You know, one that strangely does not contradict your actions.
Last time, you gave the reason that you don't post on it because it will die. Yet by not posting in that thread, you are only helping that thread die. In the first place...
As you know, every person does not look through every thread. So people here might only be interested in TOG, but not the general Wii thread. Yet you post information on the game in the Wii thread, so only people that visit this thread will get the information on TOG. Yet if you post on the TOG thread, the people that visit for that thread will see there is a new post, check, and gain the information. Clearly if you are going to report information, more people will benefit if you post in the TOG thread.
It might die in the future, but it isn't dead now. If you post, it will come to the front page, so people will see it. Those dead threads... If you post in it, people will check if they have interest in the game. Simple as that.

So give me a logical reason why you don't post in that thread.
Or you can make things easy and say something like "Just because I want", because that just seems that way, especially with your brilliantly simple response above.

Old 2009-10-01, 02:18   Link #1047
Sides

Quote:
So give me a logical reason why you don't post in that thread.
Or you can make things easy and say something like "Just because I want", because that just seems that way, especially with your brilliantly simple response above.
Like i said before, the game hasn't been released and i haven't played yet, so i won't participate in the discussion. However if someone ask me something i try to answer it. If you want i'll stop posting info on ToG. But to be honest, i just don't like seperate things, because most of the time people will end up going offtopic, comparing titles with each other, and what not. As I said I'll will stop posting news on ToG.

Monster Hunter 3 interview on GameTrailers
The Overseas version, like most people suspected, will have some differences. Interesting was the comment that the network for NA and EU is different to the JPN one. No comment was made however if it will be fee free for us.

Last edited by Sides; 2009-10-01 at 02:32.
Old 2009-10-01, 20:39   Link #1048
Shadow Kira01

Be Wary Of Updating Your Wii Firmware To 4.2

Quote:
Users have been reporting from all corners of the Internet that the Wii firmware 4.2 update has a chance of “bricking” or ruining unmodified consoles. The firmware update also disables applications used to run homebrew, like the Homebrew channel.

The bricking problem appears to occur while the update is loading so if you already updated your firmware you should be fine. However, if you didn’t update you may want to wait for a more stable firmware update. The only thing you’re missing out on is connecting to the Wii Shop channel, which now requires firmware 4.2 to use.

If you were unfortunately affected by faulty firmware Nintendo tech “NOA_TECH_JANE” says you can send your console to them and get it fixed for free – providing it’s unmodified.
Why would anybody want to upgrade to official firmware after using the Homebrew Channel? Speaking of which, this new firmware update mostly only affects official firmware users, pretty strange..
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 21:20   Link #1049
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post

Why would anybody want to upgrade to official firmware after using the Homebrew Channel? Speaking of which, this new firmware update mostly only affects official firmware users, pretty strange..
This reminds me of the time Sony released Firmware 2.4 for the Playstation 3 and it was causing problems ranging from bricking your system, but Sony withdrew the update and released 2.41 which fixed the problems in 2.4
Old 2009-10-01, 22:11   Link #1050
Kytherno
12th Supernova

Quote:

I dunno. Figuring as how you can already install any VC/Wiiware game easily.

But Waninko (sp?) already came up with a new Bannerbomb for 4.2, which is neat.

Go go gadget pirating powers.
Kytherno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 03:44   Link #1051
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytherno View Post
But Waninko (sp?) already came up with a new Bannerbomb for 4.2, which is neat.
Comex created bannerbomb. As far as i can remember Waninkoko didn't came up with an exploit at all, all he did was developing tools to help loading "backups" and pirating software.

Puyopuyo7
Yep that was sega's project ringo, from a while back. It is for the Wii, NDS and PSP. That theme song on the page is super annoying ^^, but it is a catchy tune.

27 days till sin and punishment 2 and SRW NEO

Last edited by Sides; 2009-10-02 at 04:21.
Old 2009-10-02, 07:14   Link #1052
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01
Why would anybody want to upgrade to official firmware after using the Homebrew Channel?
To access the Wii Shop channel? (it's in your quote!)
To play recent games?
To get new features introduced by firmware updates?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytherno
I dunno. Figuring as how you can already install any VC/Wiiware game easily.
The Homebrew Channel and the homebrew community is not about pirating.
Old 2009-10-02, 19:19   Link #1053
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
To play recent games?
This is exactly what I was trying to point out..

Why would you want to access the Wii Shop channel or get firmware updates from you already have the Homebrew Channel? Unless, I have a wrong idea of the Homebrew Channel. Actually, I know very little about this Homebrew Channel..
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 21:01   Link #1054
Kytherno
12th Supernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
To play recent games?

The Homebrew Channel and the homebrew community is not about pirating.
I must have been in the wrong community for quite some time now then.

You should perhaps rephrase it, into something along the lines of "Is not all about pirating"
Old 2009-10-03, 06:11   Link #1055
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01
Why would you want to access the Wii Shop channel or get firmware updates from you already have the Homebrew Channel?
To buy Virtual Console and WiiWare games. D'uh. It can also be used to download extra channels. Like the Internet channel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytherno
You should perhaps rephrase it, into something along the lines of "Is not all about pirating"
The homebrew developers' goal is not to encourage pirating. Of course, users of things like the Back-up Loader often have less benign goals.
Old 2009-10-03, 06:55   Link #1056
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
This is exactly what I was trying to point out..

Why would you want to access the Wii Shop channel or get firmware updates from you already have the Homebrew Channel? Unless, I have a wrong idea of the Homebrew Channel. Actually, I know very little about this Homebrew Channel..
Most people don't know what a Homebrew channel is and/or will not the time/risk to modify their console with a non-official update/program because they don't know anything aboutit or just don't want those non-official thingies, that's all
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 08:53   Link #1057
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Besides, Wii Homebrew isn't nearly as popular as PSP Homebrew or even iPod/iPhone jailbreaking... but the difference between Wii/PSP Homebrew and iPod/iPhone jailbreaking is, that you can restore or have a way to unbrick or restore your firmware on a iPod/iPhone or PSP (with Pandora's Battery), but with the Wii, once you upgrade, you have the greater risk of losing homebrew abilities and/or bricking your system. In a sense, Wii homebrew is a lot more riskier than the latter and I doubt it's possible to downgrade your Wii firmware from 4.2 to 4.1 or 4.0, unless I'm wrong.
Old 2009-10-03, 17:28   Link #1058
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
In a sense, Wii homebrew is a lot more riskier than the latter and I doubt it's possible to downgrade your Wii firmware from 4.2 to 4.1 or 4.0, unless I'm wrong.
If you have an older model with bug in boot1, you can install bootmii as boot2, and it would be possible to backup and restore the nand flash. I'm not sure, maybe if you got the savemii dongle, you could restore the flash as well.
Homebrew does work with 4.2, so why downgrading. Wii homebrew is not risky at all, unless you mess with the flash. You don't need to install HBC to launch dol, you can use bannerbomb or one of the other two exploit, to run a dol from a SD card. However things look different if you want to run questionable software, like backup loaders, in that case you'll have to be prepared to pay for you own fault, if you get burnt.
Old 2009-10-03, 21:15   Link #1059
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
If you have an older model with bug in boot1, you can install bootmii as boot2, and it would be possible to backup and restore the nand flash. I'm not sure, maybe if you got the savemii dongle, you could restore the flash as well.
Homebrew does work with 4.2, so why downgrading. Wii homebrew is not risky at all, unless you mess with the flash. You don't need to install HBC to launch dol, you can use bannerbomb or one of the other two exploit, to run a dol from a SD card. However things look different if you want to run questionable software, like backup loaders, in that case you'll have to be prepared to pay for you own fault, if you get burnt.
My model is a launch model (2006), so it should work, but I don't want to risk it with the official updater since it will kill all homebrew and I have to reinstall it.
Old 2009-10-03, 21:50   Link #1060
Kytherno
12th Supernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
My model is a launch model (2006), so it should work, but I don't want to risk it with the official updater since it will kill all homebrew and I have to reinstall it.
There are guides on safe installing 4.1, so it won't brick your wii, and it won't kill homebrew. And also you don't have to go to 4.2.

There are also guides to installing all this junk with Wii news and stuff, you could check out wiiso.com

Tags
console, wii