AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-15, 17:55   Link #3841
Eater of All
NOM

So Yui edgs out Mihoko by 31 votes. Oh well, although I voted Mihoko, I guess a guitar Gitah girl is fine too.
Vote record: 0-1 (R6: 1-1) (Tot: 85-73)

But man, Yui's strong performance has really surprised me. Seeing how horrible K-On fared early in the tournament, I thought none of them would make it past round 2. And now look at Yui. While I'm still of the opinion that anti-votes probably helped her along the way, I do have to concede that perhaps I've underestimated her too much.
Old 2009-10-15, 18:16   Link #3842
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Congrats to the winner.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2009-10-15, 21:28   Link #3843
00andz00
-.-'

well fought Captain

for Finals: Yui
Old 2009-10-15, 21:49   Link #3844
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
Result
Predictions: 1-0 (117-35)
Picks: 1-0 (73-78)
Winner: Hirasawa Yui

At the start of Saimoe, I thought that K-ON and Strike Witches would dominate just from the popularity of their series. After the prelims and round 1, I was sure that it was the year for HnG and Saki with their high vote counts and so many of their characters making through. And here we stand at the finals with no Saki and HnG characters.

Bolded is my pick, italics is my prediction.

Finals
<<平沢唯@けいおん!>> (Hirasawa Yui @ K-ON!)
<<逢坂大河@とらドラ!>> (Aisaka Taiga @ Toradora!)
<<桂ヒナギク@ハヤテのごとく!!>> (Katsura Hinagiku @ Hayate no Gotoku!!)

Yeah! Hinagiku for Saimoe champion. owait.

Spoiler for for real:
Old 2009-10-15, 21:55   Link #3845
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Your three way final makes me think of what would have happened if Yui and Hina tied in Round 3...and then again in Round 4, still beating Minori, then in Round 5 and so on until this round where they tie again while beating Captain only to stand against Taiga in the finals.

Would be the weirdest things ever.
Old 2009-10-15, 22:28   Link #3846
Kyuu
=^^=

Mio knocked out in Round 1 is still one of the biggest surprises this year.
Old 2009-10-15, 22:34   Link #3847
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
Yui and Hina tying? Those don't happen in Saimoe...right? Speaking of weird stuff, Group G...

Holy crap final post. Thanks everyone

Last edited by Seishi; 2009-10-15 at 23:59.
Old 2009-10-16, 00:04   Link #3848
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralizer View Post
Finals
<<平沢唯@けいおん!>> (Hirasawa Yui @ K-ON!)
<<逢坂大河@とらドラ!>> (Aisaka Taiga @ Toradora!)
<<桂ヒナギク@ハヤテのごとく!!>> (Katsura Hinagiku @ Hayate no Gotoku!!)
I seconded.
Old 2009-10-16, 00:30   Link #3849
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Fuck yeah, second blog post I figure in, and this time I'm not a villain.

Never forget
Old 2009-10-16, 01:20   Link #3850
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well one thing I will say about most of the posters...Yui looks like she's just happy to be here. Nothing dampening her spirit. Just going to play it with her all. She wins, then she wins. She losses, well she played the best she knew how. That's usually what matters to the good musicians.

As for the noted lack of an "anti-KyoAni" front...it might have something to do with the fact that only one of them survived this far into the tournement. Most of the others, especially Lucky Star, were slaughtered very early on. Clannad stood as well as it could, but it wasn't enough. Haruhi-chan barely managed to make itself felt only slightly more so than Lucky Star. Munto was a no show. Even what was considered the KyoAni champion for the year, Mio, was shot down at the start. The "anti-KyoAni" faction either did its work at the beginning, or found that KyoAni wasn't the main threat to...well anyone, on a massive scale like they were last year. Thus it is likely that whatever is left....in this case Taiga and Yui...are the best this year has to offer, just as their numbers and position in the Finals suggests.
Old 2009-10-16, 01:46   Link #3851
OverFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Even what was considered the KyoAni champion for the year, Mio
[citation needed]

Also, one thing I'm glad. Yui > Mio.

Never forget
Old 2009-10-16, 02:34   Link #3852
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFunk View Post
[citation needed]

Also, one thing I'm glad. Yui > Mio.
Oh, you can just look at early posts; and many looked at Mio to be an early favorite. Hence, it was quite a shock to see her go out so early.
Old 2009-10-16, 02:39   Link #3853
Team Rocket Elite

Today's match: Aisaka Taiga vs Hirasawa Yui

Aisaka Taiga

Past Results:
Round 6: Taiga 1077 (51.90%) - Nodoka 998 (48.10%)
Round 5: Taiga 812 (52.45%) - Isumi 736 (47.55%)
Round 4: Taiga 825 (53.71%) - Azusa 711 (46.29%)
Round 3: Taiga 850 (53.97%) - Maria 725 (46.03%)
Round 2: Taiga 786 (45.96%) - Ami 627 (36.67%) - Mikuru 297 (17.37%)
Round 1: Taiga 726 (53.74%) - Lynette 521 (38.56%) - Louise 68 (5.03%) - Ruby 36 (2.66%)

Hirasawa Yui

Past Results:
Round 6: Yui 1019 (50.77%) - Mihoko 988 (49.23%)
Round 5: Yui 873 (51.60%) - Koromo 819 (48.40%)
Round 4: Yui 838 (52.70%) - Minori 752 (47.30%)
Round 3: Yui 953 (50.48%) - Hinagiku 935 (49.52%)
Round 2: Yui 836 (49.06%) - Rika 773 (45.36%) - Shimako 95 (5.58%)
Round 1: Yui 708 (58.71%) - Yaya 258 (21.39%) - Hiyori 121 (10.03%) - Ameri 119 (9.87%)

Preliminary Group 13
1 - Yui - 621
2 - Taiga - 594

3 - Hisa - 584
4 - Alicia - 338

It's been nearly four months since Saimoe began for the year. It's a bit hard to believe but we've reached the final match of the contest. 386 girls entered the arena (that's enough for a third gen Pokemon game!) but only one of them can take the crown. There were a couple tactical assassinations over the past four months and many characters went out long before they should have. However, I think almost everyone can agree that Aisaka Taiga and Hirasawa Yui have both proven their immense strength and both are legitimately strong enough to deserve winning contest.

K-On characters have had a rough ride through the contest. Mio was considered the strongest K-On character and one of the favorites to win the contest. She was the first K-On character up and the first K-On character down. This was followed up by Tsumugi and Ui losing their matches as well. It was Yui that went out on the field, crushed her opposition and showed to the world that K-On wasn't dead yet. Yui was followed up by Manabe and Azusa winning their matches. Sawako wasn't quite strong enough but Ritsu manage to get one more win for K-On. From here on the other K-On characters started to fall one by one, but Yui held on strong despite a difficult path.

Toradora characters also had a fairly rough ride. Outside the main 3, all of them were wiped out in Round 1. Taiga, Ami and Kushieda were also in two of the toughest divisions. Taiga and Ami also had particularly bad luck in being in the same quarter division and potentially facing the former champion while splitting votes in Round 2. If Mikuru had not taken out Kagami in Round 1, there's a fair chance Taiga would not be here today. Ami had to be sacrificed and Kushieda also eventually went down but Taiga, like Yui, held on until the finals.

The final this year is actually a bit unique. This is only the second time in Saimoe history that two characters from the same Preliminary group made the finals. This is also the second time in a row this has happened. Yui and Taiga's rivalry go all the way back to the preliminary rounds of Saimoe. Yui received just 27 more votes than Taiga to take first place in Preliminary Group 13. In terms of total votes received, Yui and Taiga have constantly been fighting for first place. However, so far Taiga has never managed to take the lead. After preliminaries and Round 1, Yui had received the second highest total number of votes. In Round 2 onwards, Yui took first and never looked back. Taiga was in third after the preliminaries, rose to second after Round 2, fell to third in Round 3 then reclaimed second after Round 4 and held on to it. Currently, Yui leads by 178 votes so the advantage goes to her.

Looking at past results, both Yui and Taiga have someone they need to avenge. Back in Round 4, Yui eliminated Taiga's friend Kushieda Minori. Taiga immediately followed that up by eliminating Yui's friend Nakano Azusa. Both matches had a similar vote total (1536 vs 1590) and margin of victory (53.71% vs 52.70%).

Also looking at past results, Yui and Taiga have both eliminated strong Hayate characters. Yui took out Katsura Hinagiku in a very narrow victory(50.48%-49.52%). Taiga took out Maria(53.97%-46.03%) and Isumi(52.45%-47.55%). Hinagiku is definitely the strongest of those three Hayate characters, however Taiga won a bit more comfortably. I think Hinagiku is a fair bit stronger than Maria and Isumi so I'd have to give Yui the advantage here. Looking at their matches with Saki characters, Taiga took out my pick to win the contest, Nodocchi. It was a close match(51.90%-48.10%), but Taiga still had some room to spare. Yui on the other hand struggled to beat Fukuji Mihoko(50.77%-49.23%) and let Amae Koromo get a bit too close(51.60%-48.40%). Taiga defeating the arguably stronger Nodoka by a larger margin (51.90% vs 51.60% and 50.77%) looks bad for Yui, especially since these are the most recent matches. I think someone mentioned earlier that Mihoko actually came out on top in a Saki character popularity poll so perhaps I was wrong about Nodoka being the most powerful Saki character. Even taking that into account, I would still have to give to advantage to Taiga on this.

Hayate and Saki. For a long time they dominated the contest and overshadowed the rest of the competition. In the end, it's K-On vs Toradora for the final match. One last time, I'm banking on K-On.

My prediction:
Hirasawa Yui - 50.01%
Aisaka Taiga - 49.99%

I'm voting for Hirasawa Yui.

I have high expectations for the match, don't let me down.
Old 2009-10-16, 03:23   Link #3854
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Ill never understand why people like Yui so much :3 I guess Im too much of a tsundere-knee socks-long hair fag.
Cause being a flat out moeblob is about all she's good at whereas characters like Taiga and Mihoko etc. have to deal with all of that character development stuff on the side. It's kind of hard to deny a character that operates on pure 100% moeblobbery in a tournament called Saimoe. This isn't the character development of the year awards after all so all bets are kind off and you can use just basic character design to make a decision if you really want to I would think. Imagine Hatsune Miku who has no character of her own, but who managed to become so popular because of her design and moe fetish appeal entering this thing. It would just be no contest at all.

The other answer would be that she's a character from a Kyoani anime and there are still so many diehard fanboys on this board that they'll support any character from one of their shows. Considering moe is the one thing I find they always do well above the average it makes perfect sense in this case to support their characters I would say.

The other other answer is that people were put off by so many Saki characters appearing the finals and just want to see someone else win, which is what happened considering they all got bumped off. This doesn't make much sense to me but eh, fanboys will be fanboys will be anti-fanboys if necessary I guess.

In any case all of them are reasons why I only participated in this deal last year and then decided to call it quits and observe from the sidelines once a month or bimonthly from now on. All of this anti stuff, hardline support and general drama makes this far too SRSBSNS for my blood. Oh that and it's just too damn long and unending.

I don't know enough to make an informed judgement (.... ), but I predict that Yui would win this because she's just so in your face moeblobby versus Taiga I say why not give it to her. Do I honestly care who wins? No, either character could win this competition I have no stake in (I didn't even place any bets or anything) and it'll probably be awesome, though only for the drama and silliness that succeeds it. I follow this tournament for the same reason I bother to watch reality TV with my family now.

May the best fetish win I guess.
Old 2009-10-16, 03:32   Link #3855
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

[citation needed]

Provided

Early on:
Spoiler for Long:

During the match:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
inb4Miorapes
And after the fall:
Spoiler for Long:
Old 2009-10-16, 08:20   Link #3856
OverFunk

Lmao, you got me off the problem of looking for failed predictions. Status is Told.

Also, good luck to Taiga 3 hours from now.

Never forget
Old 2009-10-16, 08:54   Link #3857
Zavie

I'm all in for Taiga in the Final, she's so loved...

Just surfing around Youtube, the more Toradora AMV i found, the more I realized how amazing she is...

But, a "ganbare" to both Yui and Taiga XD
Old 2009-10-16, 09:02   Link #3858
SilentOb
Lurker

Pick: Taiga
Prediction: Taiga

May the best girl wins.
Old 2009-10-16, 10:18   Link #3859
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

2ch Anime Saimoe Match Poster:

Anon's Anime Saimoe Match Posters

Spoiler for Anon's Bonus Posters:

Spoiler for today's Manga Saimoe match (Championship Match):

And here's my take on both the AS and MS Championship Matches.

Last edited by frustra; 2009-10-16 at 12:17. Reason: good luck, Hina-chan, Yui.
Old 2009-10-16, 13:29   Link #3860
exec

ERROR:コード発行制限中。。。しばらく待って

WTF is this?!!
Closed Thread

Tags
anime, characters, competition, saimoe