AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-10-29, 15:52   Link #361
Kytherno
12th Supernova

I'll just go ahead and say this to bother the fanboys/fangirls

I agree with GameInformer when they said "[Final Fantasy Dissidia] proves people are willing to play a below-average game if they get to control FF characters."
Kytherno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 03:23   Link #362
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I wouldn't call dissidia "below average", the level of customization is much higher than dragonball, the story gives another side to most characters, because the older FF games didn't focus so much on them, and replayability is high, getting 100% inventory was a good challenge for me. Also, the game is not as easy as some make it seem, there are many different difficulty levels and AI to choose from. I won't go as far as saying that it's one of the best battle sim games out there, but it's definitely not "below-average".
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 03:07   Link #363
RDF2050
Superidol

Why no one here comment about this game
Old 2010-03-05, 05:58   Link #364
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I think we've covered all topics regarding dissidia?
The only thing I couldn't manage was nailing Jecht's combo string with an HP attack, the AI somehow does it after the 3rd attack.
Old 2010-03-07, 04:39   Link #365
DarthNicolas
Proud Horo-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytherno View Post
I'll just go ahead and say this to bother the fanboys/fangirls

I agree with GameInformer when they said "[Final Fantasy Dissidia] proves people are willing to play a below-average game if they get to control FF characters."
Wait what?

You say this after playing it?Dissidia is one of the best games in PSP,and maybe even among other platforms.I don't think it has anything to do with Final Fantasy,since I pray more games like this come out,featuring random characters,but same gameplay.

Graphic-wise,I've never seen a flaw.Maybe some who have played more can say what the glitches are,but for me it's 40+ hours in this and nothing to be judged upon.

Gameplay-wise,it's the best thing I've ever seen among 30 or more similar games.I liked it from the videos and I fell in love with it at the first battle.

Now,for the minuses:

Story-wise,it sucks,but I don't care if I like playing it since story is secondary for me as far as enjoyment is concerned.Others do care though,so maybe that puts 'em off.

Limited abilities,since some characters are stuck with one or two moves from lvl 1 to 100.

No multiplayer and stuff.So you see the opening sequence,get excited about how a 5vs5 game with your friends would be hellishly awesome and then no.

No survival mode.This game should have one more type of survival,not the one you survive through X battles,but the one where countless enemies join the stage and you try to kill 'em and make it in one piece.At times I find it boring to just battle one enemy.

Overall minuses seem more,but they're not gamebreaking,and I still enjoy my games,even though I hit my 30 hour limit(it's my personal limit where I usually start gettin' bored of a game)
Old 2010-03-08, 21:46   Link #366
Scelus
Lurker

I hate Jecht. Seriously all his attacks pretty much break through guard when I fight him. And his bravery attacks can't be blocked with HP attacks most of the time unlike other characters.
Scelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-08, 22:22   Link #367
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeFaye View Post
I hate Jecht. Seriously all his attacks pretty much break through guard when I fight him. And his bravery attacks can't be blocked with HP attacks most of the time unlike other characters.
well use cloud's EX mode against him and pretty much all of his atks are useless
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 01:43   Link #368
RDF2050
Superidol

Quote:

What character are you using? MAGES VS JECHT = bad news for Jecht. His lack of range is the only problem he has.

WoL > Jecht = The Match up favor Warrior of Light thanks to ascension

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz3Rjx6YhTU

The above video is old video when i start playing against this guy jecht who is the best one online. We both have Xlink kai and PS3 to play Dissidia online.

To anyone here this is one of my matches in tourney make by another forums. Hope you like it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylL5LOzhQOw > POWER TO THE LIGHT xD [Video edited by me]

The above Cloud player is the best one we know for now Online. We really scare of his tactic Cloud

Last edited by RDF2050; 2010-03-09 at 01:55.
RDF2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 02:50   Link #369
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Story-wise,it sucks,but I don't care if I like playing it since story is secondary for me as far as enjoyment is concerned.Others do care though,so maybe that puts 'em off.

Limited abilities,since some characters are stuck with one or two moves from lvl 1 to 100.

No multiplayer and stuff.So you see the opening sequence,get excited about how a 5vs5 game with your friends would be hellishly awesome and then no.

No survival mode.This game should have one more type of survival,not the one you survive through X battles,but the one where countless enemies join the stage and you try to kill 'em and make it in one piece.At times I find it boring to just battle one enemy.
I found the story to be worth it actually, for almost all the players. It adds depth that was missing from everyone except Cloud and Zidane...
Players with limited moves might change attacks by holding buttons, changing range, etc. so everyone's got a good level of freedom, unlike some DBZ game where 130 out of 160 skills were exactly the same for everyone.
While there's no multiplayer (dunno to what extent that would have been possible), I consider duel colosseum to be a survival mode of sorts.
Old 2010-03-09, 03:24   Link #370
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I found the story to be worth it actually, for almost all the players. It adds depth that was missing from everyone except Cloud and Zidane...
Players with limited moves might change attacks by holding buttons, changing range, etc. so everyone's got a good level of freedom, unlike some DBZ game where 130 out of 160 skills were exactly the same for everyone.
While there's no multiplayer (dunno to what extent that would have been possible), I consider duel colosseum to be a survival mode of sorts.
it's also a pain in the ass when you really want to get all the best weapons and accs in the game... so far i only got 6 lvl 100+ weapons and then stopped afterwards just to lvl grind my characters (mostly squall...)

anyways, were there any news about a sequel for this game?
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 03:50   Link #371
RDF2050
Superidol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC3alpha View Post
it's also a pain in the ass when you really want to get all the best weapons and accs in the game... so far i only got 6 lvl 100+ weapons and then stopped afterwards just to lvl grind my characters (mostly squall...)

anyways, were there any news about a sequel for this game?
As far as i am concern there is not sequel

however, they might make another one well after FXX is out
Old 2010-03-09, 04:33   Link #372
DarthNicolas
Proud Horo-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Forgot to add a BIG minus...The character selection could have been better...I don't think anyone would object if I mentioned Auron,Beatrix,Celes,Tifa,Vincent or Balthier...How could they not add such characters but add Shantotto or Gabranth?W/e...
Old 2010-03-09, 14:52   Link #373
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthNicolas View Post
Forgot to add a BIG minus...The character selection could have been better...I don't think anyone would object if I mentioned Auron,Beatrix,Celes,Tifa,Vincent or Balthier...How could they not add such characters but add Shantotto or Gabranth?W/e...
Really the character selection was the biggest issue. I know for something like this you can't please everyone, but some favourites really were left out. Think FFVI could have had a better group throwing in maybe Locke and Celes.
Old 2010-03-09, 14:58   Link #374
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Really the character selection was the biggest issue. I know for something like this you can't please everyone, but some favourites really were left out. Think FFVI could have had a better group throwing in maybe Locke and Celes.
Tera was the main character but yeah, more Celes would have been good.
Old 2010-03-09, 15:12   Link #375
Kafriel
Senior Guest

After playing tons of DBZ, I like my character list to be short and unique, at least to some point. While a few extras wouldn't hurt, it would favour one title against the rest.
Quote:
After maxing a single character (Gabranth) I could go beyond 200 chain battles in an hour or two...each fight taking from 3 sec. to 2 min. (Chaos)
Old 2010-03-09, 16:36   Link #376
Scelus
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDFMASTER View Post
What character are you using? MAGES VS JECHT = bad news for Jecht. His lack of range is the only problem he has.
I mostly use Squall and Cloud. (Yes I'm a Cloud fan. Deal with it.) But I do use Tidus and Zidane too. (Tidus more than Zidane)

I'm not much for magic users. I prefer using close combat rather than long range spells.
Scelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 02:21   Link #377
RDF2050
Superidol

Quote:
I mostly use Squall and Cloud. (Yes I'm a Cloud fan. Deal with it.) But I do use Tidus and Zidane too. (Tidus more than Zidane)

I'm not much for magic users. I prefer using close combat rather than long range spells.
But i dont hate Clouds or Squalls due to WoL can take them down

The thing with jecht is that you need to confuse him if you either using CLOUD or SQUALL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5soH-u7mhQ

This video show few things you can do but there is no so much details since i didn't save any replays of the BEST JECHT ONLINE PLAYER (Wedge).
The match up between Squall vs jecht is in jecht's favor at 6-4. Note that RD can be block by jecht block which make difficult make HP damage.

The following videos really show THE MATCH UP BETWEEN SQUALL VS JECHT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4iMSVcwtK0 Match 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qste7r16DaI Match 2

Last edited by RDF2050; 2010-03-10 at 02:34.
RDF2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 04:12   Link #378
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Ok, new to this thread, but here goes:

1) For level grinding, I suggested to my friend a different variant of the lvl 100 Ex Death trick: cherry tapping him to death using ranged HP attacks. At lower levels, you will notice that you level after just one single HP attack on him. Obviously, this trick works better with some characters than others.

2) Have been thinking about some possible plotlines for an alternate take on the storyline. Involves Lightning and Terra.
Spoiler for some plot points:

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2010-05-30 at 05:19.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 05:13   Link #379
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

http://www.schala-kitty.net/emperor/...ia012-scan.png
Why.is.it.that.no.one.told.me.about.this D:

Anyway, Lightning and Kain looks cool for now. I wonder if there will be one new character for each Final Fantasy...

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 05:17   Link #380
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

^I didn't even know it was announced. Lightning. <3

I guess a thread should be created for it, so more people will see the news.