AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-02-27, 15:46   Link #12341
Breimn

Oldeus raped named charas too , like a certain assistant of Zanoba if i remember well.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-27, 18:02   Link #12342
Amuris

it's the excessive self-insert. Don't know why they would do it in a story where the mc actually HAS their own personality and problems. Maybe they just aren't used to anything else? Well, it's mostly that they felt Aisha was their's in some way.
Old 2016-02-28, 01:46   Link #12343
MinusVitamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
Oldeus raped named charas too , like a certain assistant of Zanoba if i remember well.
He had thoughts but backed away from it because he values his relationship with Zanoba. Oldeus may have become a grade A asshole but he didn't stoop that low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuris View Post
it's the excessive self-insert. Don't know why they would do it in a story where the mc actually HAS their own personality and problems. Maybe they just aren't used to anything else? Well, it's mostly that they felt Aisha was their's in some way.
Well they can self-insert-into Ars for goodness sakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladiusman View Post
Heh, tell me about it. You want some hilarity? Just check out the comment section of chapter 17 on Pielord's site to see what I mean.
I saw the comment section. It has become nothing but a heap of wall of texts about how this one user's ship got sunk then he began nitpicking at everything else. Nothing but contradictions and hypocrisy on his part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlightz View Post

Again, the author didn't say he will remove the couple altogther. He said if / when he rewrite it, he might want to elaborate their relationship further and delay their "coming out" a few years. I don't see any issue with that.
so let's just say the one we had read is an alternate future where they were discovered earlier. I'm cool with that.
Two Aisha's marriage arc, with the same pairing, isn't that fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlightz View Post
It's more because Oldeus was raping and killing random unnamed characters. Do you think anyone would care if Oldeus rape the whole family of Asura random citizen A or Millis secret assasin B? Plus, doubt any of those were 10 years old in age, either.
Don't know about rape, but having a guy rip his fiance's head off still gives me the fright.

Last edited by MinusVitamin; 2016-02-28 at 02:38.
MinusVitamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-28, 03:41   Link #12344
Wingsaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinusVitamin View Post

Don't know about rape, but having a guy rip his fiance's head off still gives me the fright.
The guy wanted some serious head.

What bothered me the most in this series was that Zenith couldn't talk,but couldn't she write? Would it have really killed Lara to ask Zenith that?
Wingsaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-28, 04:54   Link #12345
Amuris

I think they were pretty clear about it. There is nothing PHYSICALLY wrong with her. It seems to be that the new mind reading powers are just making it difficult for her to communicate. It isn't that she physically can't speak, it's more an issue with her awareness and having a proper divide between whats physically spoken and what's just going on in their heads.

so, no, she can't write.
Old 2016-02-28, 12:29   Link #12346
Hakatri
Fat is justice!

Location: In The Refrigerator, Behind the Mayonnaisse, Next to the Ketchup and to the Left of the Cole Slaw
Quote:
As i remmember It was more like he had sex with her taking advantage of her respect and admiration towards him, this happened later so i guessed she was an adult and it was consensual

BTW the scene were Old Rudeus walks the land destroying and killing poped up inside my mind like that scene were Sephirot is surrounded by fire, i dont know why
Hakatri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-28, 15:11   Link #12347
Hokoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakatri
BTW the scene were Old Rudeus walks the land destroying and killing popped up inside my mind like that scene were Sephirot is surrounded by fire, i don't know why
Sylphiette?
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-28, 15:20   Link #12348
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

It's probably a similar rationale to the one the Comics Code Authority imposed over American comics some decades ago where "in every instance good shall triumph over evil" is an actual guideline comic writers have to follow. Although there were instances of rape and abuse committed by slider Rudeus, they were clearly and unambiguously portrayed as wrong and a bad ending, which I guess sort of gives it a pass in the eyes of the website managers. In the case we are dealing with, the issues that people have raised (mainly pedophilia) are almost condoned and validated by the narrative. Not to mentioned that typically people get prickly about child abuse.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-28, 15:22   Link #12349
Amuris

@Hokoga

FF7 dude.
Old 2016-02-28, 16:16   Link #12350
Hokoga

@^Thanks

So Hakatri was talking about Sephiroth then huh.
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-28, 21:42   Link #12351
MinusVitamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
It's probably a similar rationale to the one the Comics Code Authority imposed over American comics some decades ago where "in every instance good shall triumph over evil" is an actual guideline comic writers have to follow. Although there were instances of rape and abuse committed by slider Rudeus, they were clearly and unambiguously portrayed as wrong and a bad ending, which I guess sort of gives it a pass in the eyes of the website managers. In the case we are dealing with, the issues that people have raised (mainly pedophilia) are almost condoned and validated by the narrative. Not to mentioned that typically people get prickly about child abuse.
Slavery is something that deserves disdain, Incest is allowed in society, rape is something you can get away with or with a slap on the wrist (depending on who is being raped), yet not anyone of these had received such criticism from fans. The only reason the chapts were removed was most likely due to the reason that it was written in detail when it came to the sex. Aisha manipulating Ars into bed was portrayed as something wrong later in the chapts if i am to believe google translate.
Now that i think about it, it is ironic to see Lilia's daughter raping Pauls grandson.
Old 2016-02-28, 22:57   Link #12352
Ladiusman

Well, I decided to check out the wikipedia page for Avunculate marriage (which is what happened in the story) and damn, about 99% of the examples on the list is royalty.

Last edited by Ladiusman; 2016-02-29 at 00:26.
Ladiusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-29, 00:38   Link #12353
Amuris

bear in mind, family records of peasants aren't the most well kept.
Old 2016-02-29, 00:52   Link #12354
Ladiusman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuris View Post
bear in mind, family records of peasants aren't the most well kept.
Yeah, that list is what's recorded. Who knows how many incestual relationships happened over the many centuries. Maybe you might find a few in your own family tree.
Ladiusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-01, 05:35   Link #12355
Breimn

Nanahoshi gourmet
23, "grilled rice ball"
is out
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-01, 15:23   Link #12356
MinusVitamin

Quote:
Nanahoshi gourmet
23, "grilled rice ball"
is out
That's alot sooner than i had expected. Was expecting atleast next month until another chapt is up.
Old 2016-03-01, 20:04   Link #12357
Amuris

maybe they're trying to make up for losing an arc.
Old 2016-03-01, 20:34   Link #12358
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Quote:
Nanahoshi gourmet
23, "grilled rice ball"
is out
Just read Nanahoshi's POV chapter, I liked it. A rather quiet chapter during one of her once-a-month awakening as she gets to eat some recreated japanese dishes as even Pergeius joins in.

I wonder if/when the author will repost the "edited" version of Aisha's arc.
Old 2016-03-01, 23:04   Link #12359
babibola

the cache for aisha arc for chap 24 to 28 has been deleted..

anyone have the copy?
i want read it myself..
babibola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-02, 05:46   Link #12360
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Ahh, Nana-chan the gourmet is just tooo cute, including her expectations for the next meal. Her comments and gradings are indeed looking pretty professional, specially on how she introduces herself at first as if it was a restaurant review

So, implied that Ars is in school and popular, so indeed it looks like the author is moving that plot to "later in life". Rudy needs the magic armor to win arm wrestling vs Sieg who Alex keeps praising

Nanaoshi and her fear and denial of the scale probably she doesn't want to destroy her paradise being feed amazing stuff so oftently

Tags
alternate world, fantasy, gods, harem, incest, og isekai, polygamy, reincarnation, seinen, time travel, true harem, webnovel