AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-11-09, 13:42   Link #13001
pervypig

Wat? Add Aisha to rudy-chan's harem? that ship was sunk way even b4 Eris was added. I would have thot Rudy-chan's 2 beastmen classmates had better prospects than Aisha.
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-09, 14:50   Link #13002
bronx819
Optimistic pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
For many people it was not an issue of incest, but one of being believable, poor writing and pedophilia.
The poor writing is understandable, but as for the pedophilia that's a bit more complex. Paul left the house to be on his own at age 12 and he made it pretty well, so the age thing isn't so simple
bronx819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-10, 02:34   Link #13003
pervypig

Not justifying pedophilia or anything, but child labor and marriage had always been (and is still) relatively common in different parts of the world. Also, Ars is a boy. Don't you notice the difference in treatment between fantasy tales bout girls getting sold as sex-slaves vs. boys getting laid by milfs? If Ars got kidnapped and sold as a gimp to a fat, ugly noble, that's another matter, but Ars getting laid by his hot aunt ain't going to raise much brows - particularly in hentai.
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-10, 21:55   Link #13004
pezzie

Can anyone do a detailed summary of Jobless Oblige? I read the snippits in this thread and enjoyed it, and was hoping the translation would continue, but it seems to have died.
pezzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-11, 17:12   Link #13005
Hoopla

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezzie View Post
Can anyone do a detailed summary of Jobless Oblige? I read the snippits in this thread and enjoyed it, and was hoping the translation would continue, but it seems to have died.
How much do you know?

I could explain but would take way too long to summarize the entire thing in detail...
Hoopla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-11, 17:27   Link #13006
Breimn

For those interested raw for new manga ch is out, loli maou appears.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-11, 19:50   Link #13007
pezzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopla View Post
How much do you know?

I could explain but would take way too long to summarize the entire thing in detail...
Just the first three chapters.

I wanna know just the major plot points that happen, who Sieg meets through his journey, how he comes to grow, and how he interacts with Rudy and his mothers and siblings.
Old 2016-11-13, 02:08   Link #13008
Hoopla

Quote:
Just the first three chapters.

I wanna know just the major plot points that happen, who Sieg meets through his journey, how he comes to grow, and how he interacts with Rudy and his mothers and siblings.
There are a lot of events that go on (especially regarding Lara and Lily) but I won't go into detail on those events since the summary would be wayyyyyyyy too long.

Basically what you know now (or at least what I think) is that Sieghardt is the apprentice of Alek (North God III) and he met Pax Jr at the academy as two misfits who become best friends (who is the son of Pax, to Rudy's great surprise but at the same time relief that his son is helping the kid out since he feels kind of guilty for his suicide).

Another bit of info to know is that Rudy's kids have a really hard time dealing with him.
This is because they believe that Rudy is too much of a grand figure to the point where he holds absolutely no expectations for them because they think that Rudy thinks they will never be able to catch up to him, which is not true because Rudy's real reason for not holding any expectations is that he wants his kids to live a free and happy life, not a life bound by expectations and stress like those in the society of Japan he came from. This point of view of course, is also Sieghardt's point of view as well. If there is anyone he fears more than Red Mama's wrath (Eris), it is Rudy, since he doesn't even comment or nag Sieghardt about him being a NEET (Sieghardt thinks that his father is so disappointed that he won't even talk to him when in reality, Rudy just wants to give him space and want to try and understand him).

Pax Jr and Sieghardt visit and Sieghardt learns about Pax Jr's hobby of visiting the slave market. Pax Jr says that his father (Pax) used to occasionally visit the slave market and was told that since his father was hated by the country, the slums may have brought him a sense of belonging amidst all that hate. Pax Jr then comments saying that his grandmother (mother's side) was also a slave before marrying into royalty and when Sieghardt asks him if he hates slavery, Pax Jr responds with a "no" and tells him that instead of abolishing slavery (since that would just create a black market and a much more dangerous environment for current slaves), he would rather create a system where there are a good amount of regulation to make into something more legitimate and safe for the slaves. Sieghardt also makes a comment here saying that maybe Pax Jr is interested in the slave market and trade because it reminds him of his lost father and other family members...

As you know, Pax Jr is the son of the Pax (who killed himself as the king of Shirone Kingdom and eventually causing its downfall) and the Dragon King Kingdom offers Pax Jr a piece of land (that is pretty desolated and trash) to become a duke of (essentially a death/prison sentence informally). Pax Jr requests Sieghardt of his help but Sieghardt doesn't respond (aka refusing) because he believes that he can't abandon his duty as Rudy's son as he knows he will be in an arranged marriage with Sariel (aka princess of Asura Kingdom and Ariel's daugther) to further strengthen the bond between the Asura Kingdom and the Greyrats. Also, if he decides to leave and help Pax Jr out, he may become an enemy of Rudy in the future (since Rudy is a huge huge member of the Asura Kingdom, and Pax Jr is technically under the Dragon King Kingdom as well as wanting to make a country of his own).

Basically the reason why Sieghardt became a NEET and Hero of Justice/Chuuni is because of the emptiness he feels after rejecting Pax Jr's request for his aid in his dream of restoring the kingdom that was known once as the Shirone Kingdom.

So Sieghardt as he does his Hero of Justice act, is eventually gets caught by Rudy and Alek. Alek confronts Sieghardt with an outfit of his own (as we know, Alek is pretty insane lmao) and crushes the living shit out of Sieghardt (Alek literally yells "Thunder Kick!!!"). Later on, Rudy confronts Sieghardt as well, making himself look like a villain who is the boss of Alek (although Sieghardt knew that the man who beat him was Alek in the first place) and while making a villain like speech from some superhero movie, Sieghardt realizes it is his father and gets super embarrassed, telling him to stop his act. Rudy eventually stops and asks him if it was really that embarrassing and Sieghardt replies with a yes. Rudy then tells Sieghardt that he wants to talk to him and they walk to a bar together (the one that Sieghardt frequents called the Goblin something).

And this is where the best part of the arc (in my opinion) comes into play (Rudy seriously #1 best dad).

Rudy and Sieghardt start drinking and discuss things. Rudy tells Sieghardt the reason why he confronted him was because he wanted to talk to him. Sieghardt then asks "Don't you have anything to say to me?" to which Rudy replies "Well that depends on your story.". Sieghardt then asks if he is disappointed that he wasn't going to marry Sariel and Rudy pretty much says that while he thought it would be a good idea, it doesn't matter if Sieghardt doesn't want to get married to her (to his surprise, since his father isn't as strict as he always imagined him to be). Rudy also says that despite the three mama's disapproval of Sieghardt's Moon Knight act, he supports him and thinks it is kind of cool. Rudy then asks Sieghardt what he really wants to do and says that he felt like after Sieghardt graduated from school, he looked like he was in emotional pain. Sieghardt tells him that he wants to follow Pax Jr and when Rudy asks him "Why not?", Sieghardt says that such a path may make him (Rudy) his enemy in the future and since there would be no man left to marry into the Asura Kingdom (since Ars is with Aisha), there would be a weakening of the ties of the Kingdom and also the Dragon King Kingdom (since Pax Jr wants to make his own kingdom, eventually rebelling the Dragon King Kingdom's authority over his land). Rudy then comments saying "That was it?" to Sieghardt's surprise because he never would have thought Rudy would be so easy going on the matter. Rudy then tells Sieghardt that despite him being friends with the Asura royalty and their possibility of becoming enemies, he tells Sieghardt not to worry him (Rudy) and anything regarding those issues. Rudy then proceeds to say this line: "Imagine if you spend everyday doing something you hate and hear the news of Pax Jr's defeat/loss. You will regret it for the rest of your life, to the point of not being able to stand up ever again. That is something much worse than becoming enemies with me as your father. I don't want to ever see you in a situation like that because that would mean I was unable to protect you." Sieghardt then realizes his father's true intentions and thanks him. After this, Rudy tells Sieghardt that he won't let him off early and they have to drink all night. Rudy proceeds to get piss drunk and rubs a waitress' butt (old habits die hard) and throws up in front of the bar/tavern after closing hours. Sieghardt seeing his father like this comments: "Seeing my father drunk like this, I thought that it was not cool and sort of disappointing. I never knew my father ever had a side like this to him. If I knew, I wouldn't have respected him to such a degree. But why is it that I feel like this is the best appearance my father has shown me in my entire life. There's no way he looks cool, but he really does."

The next day Sieghardt receives permission from the family and decides to leave to go help Pax Jr. Eris shows a smile, being happy for Sieghardt who found a way in his life and Roxy approves, while Sylphy despite approving still cries and is sad to see him go (since Sieghardt's blood related mother is Slyphy). He also says goodbye to everyone he knows including Alek, and Alek asks him if Sieghardt wants to carry on his legacy of being a hero (which may be an indication of Alek wanting to pass the North God title to Sieghardt) to which Sieghardt denies, saying that Alek should keep working hard and that it is too early for him to take that mantle. As Sieghardt leaves, he sees a middle aged white robed mage waiting for him on the road and realizes that it is his father. Rudy wanted to see his son for the final time before he left and gives him a black Moon Knight helm, to which Sieghardt replies "Why?" and Rudy responds "despite not doing the things you truly wanted to do for the past year, it doesn't mean that all of that was a waste."Rudy also tells him to look at the helm when he is in a tight spot, saying that the time he spent acting as the Moon Knight might give him the answers he need in the future. Sieghardt proceeds to say his goodbye to his Rudy and Rudy pats him in the back, telling him to do well..

Sieghardt eventually finds Pax Jr in a dangerous situation with the local tribe which his land is a part of, and Sieghardt helps Pax Jr and the tribe to cooperate together (if it wasn't for Sieghardt, Pax Jr would have been killed).

Decades go by and Pax Jr has made the land into livable territory, a one prosperous to the common folk and a slavery system well regulated to the point where slaves do not die from meaningless violence or illnesses. He also ends up marrying the tribe leader's daughter to ensure stability in the region. He also invades and conquers a kingdom that resided in a part of the Red Dragon's Lower Jaw region and due to his success is granted rewards and establishes their own knighthood known as the Black Dragon Knights.

In another scene, we see Pax Jr in a conference room, sitting in a round table with 6 other people (so 7 in total). One of them is Pax Jr's granddaughter whose name is Lauri and the other is of course Sieghardt, who has the title "Death God Knight" and by now has taken the 5th place in the World Power Ranking as the new Death God (no clue on how he got this, but I hope he didn't kill Randolph for it ㅠㅠ). Pax Jr says that their times has come (to finally liberate themselves and make their own country) and each of them leave the room. "In the conference room there were only empty cups left behind. And they will be there, waiting for the seven to come back. For another toast with those cups..."

And that is it for the summary. Jobless Oblige, in my opinion is one of Rifujin's best piece of writing along with Overthrow the King Dragon King Arc and The Ancient Dragon's Old Tale (the one currently on-going). This summary definitely doesn't do the arc enough justice since there are many details left out and you should definitely read it when it gets further translated in the future.

Also, Rudy best dad. It is amazing seeing our man go from a garbage NEET to a truly accomplished individual with the responsibilities of a father (minus showing his true self when intoxicated).

Last edited by Hoopla; 2016-11-13 at 12:46.
Old 2016-11-13, 15:36   Link #13009
pezzie

OMG thank you for taking the time to write all that out. I'm still hoping to be able to read the whole thing one day but this answered a lot of my questions!
Old 2016-11-13, 16:22   Link #13010
Hoopla

Quote:
OMG thank you for taking the time to write all that out. I'm still hoping to be able to read the whole thing one day but this answered a lot of my questions!
NP man.

Hope you get to read the entire thing soon.
Old 2016-11-18, 23:15   Link #13011
MinusVitamin

Quote:
~
Wow, Thanks!!! Animesuki needs a Like button!
MinusVitamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-20, 23:16   Link #13012
Sebazu

Right now Laplace's story is being written, right?
Do you think Elinalize may appear at some point?
Sebazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-22, 12:09   Link #13013
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

trolololol , hahaha. I don't remember hitogami-chan ever disguising himself as Roxy to meet Rudy on his dream on the novel The manga version does have it's perks
Old 2016-11-25, 01:06   Link #13014
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Norm has gotten a lot cuter, and Zenith looks like 30 times better than she did when she was married to Paul... Must be all of those yuri proteins she gets from Lilia.
Old 2016-11-25, 02:10   Link #13015
Hoopla

That cover made my day.

Fucking beautiful.

A reference to the 1st volume cover, the first time since the mana calamity that Rudy's family has been reunited.
Old 2016-11-25, 02:19   Link #13016
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
That cover made my day.

Fucking beautiful.

A reference to the 1st volume cover, the first time since the mana calamity that Rudy's family has been reunited.
minus Paul though. T.T

is that Lucy. ^^?
Old 2016-11-25, 02:46   Link #13017
Waxman

A great picture of the Greyrat family (for now) and a reminder what Rudeus fight for...
As much as some badmouth him, Rudeus does manage to make his loved ones happy.
Wow how long has the LN come along, we're 1 vol away from Atofe!
Waxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-25, 05:24   Link #13018
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post

Norm has gotten a lot cuter, and Zenith looks like 30 times better than she did when she was married to Paul... Must be all of those yuri proteins she gets from Lilia.

Quote:
That cover made my day.

Fucking beautiful.

One of its best covers yet, truly great to see the characters growth & maturity in one picture.
Old 2016-11-25, 14:31   Link #13019
Hoopla

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
minus Paul though. T.T

is that Lucy. ^^?
See Rudy's position in the cover?

That was the same position Paul took in the Volume 1 cover.

A reference to Rudy becoming the man of the family, aka taking over what Paul was to the family.
Old 2016-11-25, 15:55   Link #13020
darkton018

I realy like vol 13's cover so much and hope that there will be another for eris too.

Is it reach turning point yet? For vol 13
darkton018 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate world, fantasy, gods, harem, incest, og isekai, polygamy, reincarnation, seinen, time travel, true harem, webnovel