AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-05, 10:32   Link #14421
Sumeragi
Banned

The "super" part of important seems to indicate someone from ITEM..... That's my speculation.

Maybe it's just Saiai referring to herself
Old 2011-10-05, 10:43   Link #14422
desrtsku
Nympholept

It's time to decide already, if it's not the 3 heroes, nor Misaka, nor Birdway and I don't think it can be Mark or any Saints then who is it ?
I've checked the NT2's epilogue again and tried to confirm if our 2 dudes will join the fight or not (and it's unlikely to be) one the other hand ... [censored text] the presently shown text has been censored due to heavy forum hating, thanks for your understanding
Old 2011-10-05, 10:52   Link #14423
ovum
...Is a lightning bolt

Mikoto is not that inexperienced in magic encounters if we take the Russian shopping mall demonstration. But then again she could try to apply scientific reason to magic and end up failing horribly. More likely in my opinion that it is someone unexpected to follow them or it's Shiage.
sól valtiva.
-Surtr, fiery giant of Múspell
Old 2011-10-05, 11:35   Link #14424
Syed_Seinaru_Migi

LOL both Shiage and Mikoto never experienced fighting magician.....so maybe is one of them i cannot think other than them.....
Old 2011-10-05, 13:12   Link #14425
Miraluka
Banned

Well, there is a difference between Shiage and Mikoto.

1. Mikoto isn't dumb but still will choose to fight head on.

2. Shiage is an idiot but not that retarded to fight unknown enemies head on (Mugino) unless he has a keikauku doori before hand (Russia).

Since it says very important and idiot I can discard Mikoto because of the former but Shiage is in deep shit and the author plaything given he is an important idiot.
Birdway is just spoiled time to time but not the point to blind herself in arrogance.

So, its Shiage or other character.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2011-10-05 at 13:23.
Old 2011-10-05, 19:19   Link #14426
Flere821
Lurker

Still, Shiage had more experience with magicians compared to Mikoto; ie, his time when he took Rikou to Elizerina, and seeing Acqua fight using water magic + saint abilities.

I'm not ruling out Shiage's the idiot in question, I just think Mikoto's more likely to make a blunder against the Magic side. 3rd strongest in Academy City -> mid-tier smallfry on the world stage.

(yes, I have this urge for some reason wanting to see Mikoto crash and burn as she tries to handle what Touma goes through on a weekly basis. Though I really don't know why...)
Old 2011-10-05, 19:47   Link #14427
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

my bets are on accel, touma or bardway, the first two migth go all high and migthy and burn in the process the third one really showed a idiot side when she lost an argument to a 9(i think) year old.
Old 2011-10-05, 20:38   Link #14428
jrdragon2006

should we make a Poll out if this?my money is on Mikoto
Old 2011-10-05, 22:03   Link #14429
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
The "super" part of important seems to indicate someone from ITEM..... That's my speculation.

Maybe it's just Saiai referring to herself
I was totally going to go for "It's Index", but this comment might even make me think about Fremea or something.... Maybe Rikou?
Old 2011-10-06, 01:59   Link #14430
Atrum023
Eternal Silence

Based on that quote, my first thought was on Index, but with what had already had been said thus far... I'm no longer too sure.
Old 2011-10-06, 07:00   Link #14431
desrtsku
Nympholept

Ok where's the poll ? I'll vote for Misaka in secret while saying "I voted for Bardway"
Old 2011-10-06, 08:26   Link #14432
zaeraal

You all vote for the protagonists, but what about antagonists? Aleister, anyone?
Old 2011-10-06, 09:33   Link #14433
tsunade666

I vote for Ollerus.
Old 2011-10-06, 10:16   Link #14434
ovum
...Is a lightning bolt

I vote unexpected follower.
sól valtiva.
-Surtr, fiery giant of Múspell
Old 2011-10-06, 10:44   Link #14435
Ashaman

Aogami then
Old 2011-10-06, 12:07   Link #14436
desrtsku
Nympholept

wait, something really stupid just came into my mind ... what's the point in making a poll?! it's not like Kamachi will witness our doing and really make it like the winning character will be the "idiot" in question
Old 2011-10-06, 12:41   Link #14437
tsunade666

we're just guessing on who the idiot is. it's a good way to kill some time
Old 2011-10-06, 13:07   Link #14438
Miraluka
Banned

Anyone can guess the next volume cover?

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-10-06 at 16:58. Reason: removed the quote from the deleted post
Old 2011-10-06, 13:28   Link #14439
Ashaman

Well, since we're bored, how about this:

These aren't my words, but someone elses response.

During the Daihaseisai, Touma promised to explian his actions to Misaka.

Obviously, he never does.

Someone on another forum felt this was a serious blow for Touma's character.

Me and him have argued the case before, but with no conclusion.

When he brought it up again, I replied with

Quote:
And I still think you are making too big a deal out of that promise when Misaka never once tried to follow up on it either. Not once did she ever go up to him and ask for an explanation when he wasn't otherwise occupied saving lives.
His reply was:

Quote:
No... because this is a *serious* point to me. On multiple fronts.

IMHO he *needs* allies on his side in Academy City.. Someone he knows, someone powerful, and someone he can truly trust. Someone to balance out the fact his only allies are magic based, not esper based.

And the ability to follow through on his promises has been a defining character trait to me... that he has so far failed to do so in this case I consider a serious character disparity on part of the story line and makes no sense. That Misaka has not dragged him off and attempted to nag and beat the answer out of him is also a serious omission.

He already promised to fill her in and she is powerful, unconnected, and knows the dark underside of the city and has been a victim herself. She owes him and can help, and the Misaka network can help in fact they would likely be eager to help. hell, if Kuruko knew and Misaka was in on it, *she* would help, even if her opinion of him is low, her values when it does not concern him and Misaka are not, and she owes him as well.

The fact at least his male so called allies are people whom have shown little care for him except when they can dump issues on him makes me cringe every time they approach him. And even someone as nice as Toumo should be able to have seen the light by this point and just refused to help them. Though even he has his stupid moments, like going to Italy.

With this aspect of his character left hanging... my entire view of the character is in doubt, and the series left me in limbo... the season 2 index ending and even the rail gun ending were utterly unsatisfying as a result.

For me to enjoy any future episodes or seasons, this aspect absolutely must be resolved in a good way, or the series is pointless.
What do you guys think.

Does he have a point? Or is he off the mark?

PS, this person has only watched the anime.

My opinion is that he's looking at this through a narrow view point and isn't looking at the big picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Anyone can guess the next volume cover?
Something with Misaka. 60% chance that there will be a swimsuit involved somehow.
Old 2011-10-06, 13:58   Link #14440
Ilidsor
Angelerator

^ He can't get Misaka to help because Misaka is an esper and the whole reason he is asked to do these things is that he isn't an esper so him fighting magicians would just create tension. Misaka, such a high up esper fighting a magician, would be very bad. Also Misaka isn't all that powerful. As an esper yes she is strong but on the world stage she's only about mid-tier
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen