AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

View Poll Results: How many games have you ACTUALLY completed (stupid arcade games do not count)
Im a gaming master over 18 35 81.40%
Im okay around 10-17 3 6.98%
Less than 10 more than 3...dont judge me 4 9.30%
You have to complete them? o.O 1 2.33%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-10-01, 19:00   Link #1
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Game Completion

Despite having a tremendous amount of games (of which my friends say I am obsessed) I never really complete any of them...or at least the ones that are long and don't include 3 hours of shooting the same thing in the face multiple times with a shotgun or machine gun and watching 1 min cutscenes until I am done.

I have been playing games since I was 2 years old (yes I am just that awesome ) and my first console was the N64 on which I had Bomberman 64, Super Mario 64, LoZ: OoT & MM, Hybrid Heaven, Body Harvest, Banjo Kazooie, Mario Kart 64.

I have only completed Body Harvest (which I played the finale multiple times also my dad did almost everything because it was too complex for me to understand) Bomberman properly (when I was about 11/12), Banjo Kazooie (around 9/10) and LoZ: OoT & MM which I have completed multiple times throughout the course of my life.

It took me several years to complete 1 or 2 games and I was just wondering how many people are the same and why you havent completed your games.

Mine mostly due to laziness/lack of understanding/losing almost all my health saving it can't go back and I am stuck there unless I start from the beginning

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 20:25   Link #2
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Why would you buy games and not complete them. Why keep them if you aren't planning on finishing them either
Old 2009-10-01, 20:25   Link #3
Shadow Kira01

Those numbers are funny.. Having over 18 completed games mean nothing if you have several hundred to possibly thousands.

As of now, I have completed 42 games unless you count beating a game without unlocking everything as the same thing as completed. In that case, I would have completed a total of 94 games which is still a small number.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 20:31   Link #4
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I never really completed any game, besides from Pokemon games, which I always finish for some odd reason... Most of the RPGs I left incomplete since I currently don't have any time to play them at the moment (I should finish them during winter break.)
Old 2009-10-01, 21:55   Link #5
Arkenryu
IRPO Patrolman

Even if I just counted RPGs it'd still be over 100...
Arkenryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 22:12   Link #6
Xacual

Yeah are you asking for just beaten or "collected and achieved everything" done?

The number varies greatly for each of those choices.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 22:13   Link #7
Kytherno
12th Supernova

I have tough times completing games. Mainly, cause I love playing RPGs, but I can never figure out what to do next.

Out of the several hundred RPGs I've played, I've only ever beaten FFX, FFX-2, and TWEWY
Kytherno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 22:33   Link #8
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Beaten to absolute 100% completion? I dunno the exact number, but maybe its around the number of my fingers and toes.

Beaten as in just getting to the ending credits? Countless. Been playing video games since the Gameboy days.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 22:45   Link #9
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

For basic completion like to the end of the story or the end of all the levels, I usually don't stop playing the game and start another one until I acomplish at least that.

As for pure 100% completions I have a number of them, mostly action/adventure games, but due to my lack of time or interest, a lot of the RPG games I have don't have that status of completion.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2009-10-01 at 23:08.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 03:11   Link #10
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

RPG games tend to be much more difficult to complete to 100%. A perfect example would be Star Ocean 3. To actually complete the game to 100%, you have to uncover EVERY INCH OF EVERY MAP IN THE ENTIRE GAME!!! When each step you take is worth about .02% of the map, that's a very daunting task. It's even more daunting when you realize that most of the maps you can't even complete until you get to a point in the game where you get a certain item, which will unlock new portions of those old maps.

Completed games; probably close to 100. Many of those were games played with friends though, so if we're talking about games I've beaten by myself, the number is significantly smaller.

Games I've completed up to 100%, done absolutely everything there is to do, including the bonus game that comes at the end of most of those; probably 10...maybe?

To go along with games you've beaten, I'm curious what the most difficult game people have completed is? I'm not talking 100% completion, I'm talking getting to the end credits after the final boss. For me, it has to be Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for NES. That game was damn near impossible, or so it seemed. I beat it once, and I haven't returned to it since.
Old 2009-10-02, 04:40   Link #11
AnimeFangirl

The upper limit is 18? Hahaha.
I don't do 100% completion runs, though. Is the final boss dead? Yes/No. That's all that matters to me.
Old 2009-10-02, 05:04   Link #12
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Man I reckon I've completed at least a hundred games.

And probably two hundred I've yet to finish or never intend to...

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 05:14   Link #13
FateAnomaly

I don't really remember how many i completed but it should be around 50 i think from about 15 years of playing. However, those games that are memorable enough probably only number about 10 or so. I don't complete every game i played though. Some game start out fun but got boring or another game caught my attention.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 05:48   Link #14
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I make it a point to finish every game I play, so I could have done over a hundred.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 07:22   Link #15
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

I've completed a lot of games. Most of those I finish 100% as well. I'm just that obsessive-compulsive, I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytherno
I have tough times completing games. Mainly, cause I love playing RPGs, but I can never figure out what to do next.
How come? Most RPGs make it painfully obvious what to do next most of the time, if not all the time.
Old 2009-10-02, 08:50   Link #16
Raaz

lol there r some series ive played like 100 times eg legacy of kain series, RE series etc... games with lots of gore that is......
Raaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 09:42   Link #17
ShapetheSky

Over 150 if I only count the JRPGs and related genres within 22 years of gaming experience...umm...yeah. Like others, I thought "what, 18 games is the highest number here? lol"
I don't keep track of shmups, platformers, etc. though, stopped playing most of them after the SNES/Megadrive-era anyway.
ShapetheSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 11:11   Link #18
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

I put 18 because I wasnt really thinking you guys have played over 100s so I underestimate you guys, but with 100% completion I don't think I have done that for any game. Also the reason you get a game and dont complete it for me is I get many games, play them a bit then go back to the game I love most and play it multiplayer for hours ignoring all my other games (in this case it is Gears of War 2 because I just love killing people on that).

I have had Eternal Sonata for over 9 months and I havent even gotten halfway through because it is too long and I often get stuck and dont revisit the game for another 2 years. I'm good at games but I get easily bored from games that are too long, which is even worse when you put the game on the hardest mode possible from the beginning (Ninja Gaiden 2 hard mode right off the bat, did everything almost too easily till I lost too much health, got to the part where I have to kill 9 FREAKING DRAGONS THAT SHOOT FIRE, the boss fiend and then all his minions in the colloseum and if I die I have to start from the dragons and Muramasa's shop is nowhere around for me to buy health)

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 11:42   Link #19
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I think its your age, you're still a little bit till you're at 'gaming age' lol

Eternal Sonata is considered a very short RPG for today's standards.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 11:52   Link #20
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well , they are right , 18 is small . Specially when you played games years ago .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote