AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-01-15, 11:50   Link #41
kari-no-sugata II

Another very energetic episode. Lots of fun.

Kinda worry that it might be going too fast for anime only viewers though. Bit hard for me to tell. But it's focusing on the main points rather than the detail, which is what I would expect.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-15, 17:45   Link #42
Wandering Soul

As expected being Kumoko is not easy, especially compared to the blessed second lives most of her classmates got. At least she evolved and is making some actual progress.
Old 2021-01-15, 17:52   Link #43
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It certainly doesn't make up for being a bully in the first place. But a good start is feeling remorse and hoping the other party is getting by alright in this isekai situation. Or at least wanting to see them to make sure of that. But, regardless no idea if whomever dragged them into this had any intention behind the reincarnations or if it was entirely random. It would seem odd to punish the one girl only to give the bullied an even more difficult situation to deal with. I mean sure she's managing to have fun with it to some degree, but I wouldn't say that was the case starting out. Kind of making the best of the situation.

Ironically I think both girls may have a similar mindset when it comes to evolution. Rather than evolving into a more advanced species that would be more 'cool looking' just keeping it as a better version of what you already are has some value. After all it isn't as if the MC isn't going to gain anything here. It is just unlikely to be a drastic change in appearance. Which works fine for being the MC since they can keep her design mostly the same and not creepy.
Old 2021-01-15, 17:54   Link #44
Homura7

The show doesn't shy of showing how nasty injuries can get.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-16, 04:01   Link #45
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
Another very energetic episode. Lots of fun.

Kinda worry that it might be going too fast for anime only viewers though. Bit hard for me to tell. But it's focusing on the main points rather than the detail, which is what I would expect.
Anime only viewers here, I don't have problem following the story ( I don't know what is 'missing' in anime compares to VN).

I am just little confused on how important are other classmates going to be in the story over all.
Old 2021-01-16, 04:23   Link #46
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Anime only viewers here, I don't have problem following the story ( I don't know what is 'missing' in anime compares to VN).

I am just little confused on how important are other classmates going to be in the story over all.
As a manga reader I feel the same about the classmates storyline, especially considering that it's completely missing from that version where it only focuses on the MC and her struggles. Personally, I find it refreshing since now I get to look forward to seeing some additional parts instead of just a rushed version of Kumoko's side of the story.
Old 2021-01-16, 04:56   Link #47
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 2:

not sure how much more "sword king" I could take. Seeing him here almost made me drop in disgust. From now on, just skipping the scenes where he is present. and probably all other reincarnated human scenes -

just staying this anime coz of spider. Nice fight with giant snake.

looking forward to more spider next week.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-16, 06:32   Link #48
kagato3

Quote:

Those that we have been introduced to are fairly important to the overall story. One thing I suggest is after the anime is over rewatch it. since the author plans this out to an extreme degree there are a number of jokes that you won't even see without future context
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-16, 11:23   Link #49
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I was mixed on this series after episode one, but another week of listening to the divine Aoi Yuuki has made me a fan. She certainly has an incredibly malleable voice. She can pull off low-register roles, too, like Boogiepop and the cursed sword in Thunderbolt Fantasy. I also think she brings an unusual level of intelligence to her performances that is especially appropriate to this series.

Being under the tutelage of Sawashiro Miyuki during her early years of voice-acting probably helped, too.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-16, 20:05   Link #50
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Umm-mm. I thought about listing a few things but doing that could possibly hint at spoilers, so I'd rather not. One thing that is perhaps worth saying is that a fair bit of time passed in this episode. Probably 1-2 weeks.

Incidentally, the anime does give some info that wasn't in the manga/LN/WN at this time - the MC's exact stats, titles and skill list (though ep 2 didn't show her exact stats for some reason).

Quote:
In some ways, they're just there to help with the world-building. It's fine if you don't see them as worth that much right now. That side of things will become more interesting and informative later though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
just staying this anime coz of spider. Nice fight with giant snake.
It's kinda the first "boss" fight and I'm glad they gave it a decent amount of time. I enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Those that we have been introduced to are fairly important to the overall story. One thing I suggest is after the anime is over rewatch it. since the author plans this out to an extreme degree there are a number of jokes that you won't even see without future context
Yeah, the author is a bit of a troll.
Old 2021-01-16, 21:48   Link #51
grecefar

Kumo is fun as always but this chapter make me ask two question, if the loli elf teacher was the kind that she knew kumoko was being bullied and did nothing (her face when she was mentioned hint me that). And that if kumoko can evolve that much to create a humanoid body I wonder if dragon girl can too.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-16, 22:56   Link #52
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
<Redacted>
Unless i missed them having pulled it forward, this information isn't available in the anime yet...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-17, 00:01   Link #53
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

What exactly is the source material? novel? manga?
Old 2021-01-17, 02:11   Link #54
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
What exactly is the source material? novel? manga?
It started as a web novel that is still on going but seems to be building towards its end. The anime is based on the LN which as most LN based on WN makes quite a few major changes ( one early one is the dragon girl wasn't in the WN).
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-17, 07:46   Link #55
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Kumo is fun as always but this chapter make me ask two question, if the loli elf teacher was the kind that she knew kumoko was being bullied and did nothing (her face when she was mentioned hint me that).
Unless I'm missing/forgetting something, the LNs don't hint at whether or not the teacher noticed anything at the time.

For reference, on the site for the anime she has a character profile in Japanese and English. Here's the English version:
Quote:
In her previous life, she was Okazaki Kanami, homeroom teacher to the kids who were reincarnated, and they affectionately called her “Oka-chan.”
After reincarnating, she began attending school with Shun and the others as their classmate.
Since she reincarnated as an elf, she looks younger than she actually is.
She’s a caring teacher who continues to follow her students after their reincarnation, but she has many secrets.

Quote:
And that if kumoko can evolve that much to create a humanoid body I wonder if dragon girl can too.
Well, you saw an evolution tree for earth dragons at the end of ep 2, so maybe that's why you're asking? But I can't tell you if that book is complete or correct.
Old 2021-01-17, 13:56   Link #56
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

The pace is pretty fast but i do not complain here, is a good thing if they speed-up things, i'm a manga reader (but i read some spoilers of the light novel chapters), and i think she spend too much time into the cave fighting such huge bosses, mother included, i would like to see her
Spoiler:
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-17, 21:14   Link #57
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
It started as a web novel that is still on going but seems to be building towards its end. The anime is based on the LN which as most LN based on WN makes quite a few major changes ( one early one is the dragon girl wasn't in the WN).
Wait, Fei is absent in the WN?
Old 2021-01-18, 04:51   Link #58
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Wait, Fei is absent in the WN?
Yes and no. Shun still has a pet dragon in the WN but it's not a reincarnator. Shinohara Mirei still exists in the WN but was reborn as a human instead. So she's effectively a different character in the LN compared to WN. She's the only reincarnator to get such a big change and the author has said to treat her as a different character between the WN and LN.

Apart from the above the first 3 LNs are very similar to the WN. For LNs 4-5 there's some fairly big changes though the overall direction of the story is the same - some story elements are expanded, some re-arranged, etc. For LNs 6+ it's like 90% re-write. Again, overall direction of the story is the same. It's kinda like this: imagine doing two 3000 mile road trips from pretty much same start point and same end point and going through the same cities in both cases, but some of the towns you go through are different and in some cases you go on a bit of a detour. (The WN also has a few rather extreme elements that are not in the LNs at all).

Manga is based on the LN version though the "side stories" are mostly skipped over.
Old 2021-01-18, 08:17   Link #59
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
It's kinda the first "boss" fight and I'm glad they gave it a decent amount of time. I enjoyed it.
agreed, that giant snake is sort of the first boss she fights.

have read most of the novel and manga, so I will be skipping parts of the anime, and just watch scenes I like to see animated.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-18, 09:37   Link #60
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
agreed, that giant snake is sort of the first boss she fights.

have read most of the novel and manga, so I will be skipping parts of the anime, and just watch scenes I like to see animated.
*thinks ahead to upcoming events...*

That's like, all of it? (well, except some things on the human side...)

Incidentally, here's preview of ep 3 and names of eps 4-5:
Spoiler for just in case...: