AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Old 2007-09-27, 21:33   Link #61
Ginrai

Question on two of the Katsura endings for the game:

Spoiler:
Ginrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 04:53   Link #62
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

I've got 2 questions about the insert song used in the last episode.
Was that a new original song done for just that episode alone, or was it already featured in the original game?
Plus I've been hearing that the ending song for episode 12 is the original opening theme song for the game. Is that true?
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 05:14   Link #63
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

There are 2 songs in the episode 12.
The first, "Kanashimi no Mukou e", during "Sekai scene" was for the game bad ends.
The second one, "Still I love you", used in as a ED was indeed the opening of the game for each "episode".
Old 2007-10-01, 05:21   Link #64
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
There are 2 songs in the episode 12.
The first, "Kanashimi no Mukou e", during "Sekai scene" was for the game bad ends.
The second one, "Still I love you", used in as a ED was indeed the opening of the game for each "episode".
cool thanks for the info Klashikari. So I guess in order to find those songs, I would have to get the OST's for the game then.
Old 2007-10-01, 05:38   Link #65
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

As a little additional trivia, the introduced song in episode 9, "Anata ga...Inai", is the ED for most episodes end in School Days. (not ending song, as they vary between bad, good or weird ends)
Old 2007-10-01, 07:27   Link #66
Chewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
cool thanks for the info Klashikari. So I guess in order to find those songs, I would have to get the OST's for the game then.
Just so you don't buy the wrong thing, they're not in the game's OST. They're in the game's Vocal Album, along with all ending songs used in the game.
Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 14:42   Link #67
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Just so you don't buy the wrong thing, they're not in the game's OST. They're in the game's Vocal Album, along with all ending songs used in the game.
Oh ok, thanks for the info Chewy. Those songs that were featured in episode 12 really did set the whole mood of what was currently going on.
Although the ending was a bit of a difference in setting the mood.
Old 2007-10-03, 15:18   Link #68
changeup

"Kanashimi no Mukou e" is the ending song for the bad endings in the game. Most of those who have played the game before predict this song will be used in the last episode, although for me, I think it is better to use it in the "nice boat" scene...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
I've got 2 questions about the insert song used in the last episode.
Was that a new original song done for just that episode alone, or was it already featured in the original game?
Plus I've been hearing that the ending song for episode 12 is the original opening theme song for the game. Is that true?
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 17:17   Link #69
sasuke13
Jyuunana Bunkatsu

Send a message via AIM to sasuke13
I feel crazy asking this, but

I need help figuring out how to install the freakin game. PM, help, instructions, anything, etc. x_x

Edit: Basically, since I"m having trouble with the Japanese, and I'm trying to use the patch, I'm having trouble with what to install first, the I0s, or the MDS file, then wut to click first etc. Since all I see are ????????s and scribbles.

Last edited by sasuke13; 2007-10-04 at 23:01.
sasuke13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 21:03   Link #70
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I've been pondering around the forums for a new ANime to get into and this one along with some others have cought my attention. what is this anime about really? is it all about girls? is it a yuri anime? ._.

I know its a gorey anime XD don't have to include that and if its about girls killing mostly guys I'm out XP
Old 2007-10-05, 00:15   Link #71
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I've been pondering around the forums for a new ANime to get into and this one along with some others have cought my attention. what is this anime about really? is it all about girls? is it a yuri anime? ._.

I know its a gorey anime XD don't have to include that and if its about girls killing mostly guys I'm out XP
no, the violent part is only for the end.
It if your "average school romance", though instead of going all "cuty fluffy, etc" like Da Capo for example, it is much more based on flawed characters or relationships, leading to lies, cheats, etc.
Think of KGNE, though it is much more angsty.
Old 2007-10-05, 04:02   Link #72
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Why do people compare this with KgNE? The only thing that's the same is the simple plot of the first two episodes of so, then the rest is a about a high school boy that should know better. It's nothing at all like KgNE, and I don't really think such a comparison would be accurate at all.

In respect to both anime, School Days and Kimi ga Nozomu Eien are both unique anime, with each having little in common with most anime of the same genre. The only thing I would say is that you can't really start giving someone a good synopsis about both anime without spoiling something badly or help that person make a decision. If you don't say "Don't watch that, it's bloody and everyone will die in the end" or "It's so cool he fucks all the girls," how else could you describe Makoto without spoiling the bulk of the anime? They're both anime that you have to watch to know.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 11:40   Link #73
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

is there a good ending? like couples getting together?
Old 2007-10-05, 12:17   Link #74
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Why do people compare this with KgNE? The only thing that's the same is the simple plot of the first two episodes of so, then the rest is a about a high school boy that should know better. It's nothing at all like KgNE, and I don't really think such a comparison would be accurate at all.
Because KGNE is the only anime who has SLIGHT similarities (even though cheating isn't exactly accurate for the former).
This is easely the "best" example, because it is close for angst and such.
Of course, both are uniques, but it is because they are that it is hard to compare, and thus, using another one, even though clearly different is required.

I didn't see anyone saying it is the same with difference, but comparison were made so someone can actually figure the reference and so the possible theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
is there a good ending? like couples getting together?
Much like any anime, there is only one ending. and since you know what happened, it is quite useless to confirm.
that said
Spoiler for End:
Old 2007-10-05, 12:37   Link #75
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

then it seems this anime is a loss for me I might watch 1 or two episodes ... but if its true what you said about the end I wont like it.
Old 2007-10-05, 15:26   Link #76
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post

In respect to both anime, School Days and Kimi ga Nozomu Eien are both unique anime, with each having little in common with most anime of the same genre. The only thing I would say is that you can't really start giving someone a good synopsis about both anime without spoiling something badly or help that person make a decision. If you don't say "Don't watch that, it's bloody and everyone will die in the end" or "It's so cool he fucks all the girls," how else could you describe Makoto without spoiling the bulk of the anime? They're both anime that you have to watch to know.
Tell that to the other

But seriously though the main reason why this series is similar to KGNE bcause:

1) We have a backstabber (but whereas i love mitsuki, sekai had it coming to her >.>)

2) We have a useless male lead (though actually taka isn't all that bad - yes he is emo which makoto isn't but at least he isn't a complete blockhead without reason )

3) both feature tragic girls who has been betrayed (but again in KGNE there really wasn't much of a choice - see as we never will know when haruka will get up whereas here sekai was just backstabbing kotonoha while she is still present >.>)

So you can see the similarities but also the differences which makes KGNE a series where the characters can be forgiven. Not so much for school days (but the depth of both blplots are fairly similar )

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 16:36   Link #77
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

oh wait so its all teh guys who are the back stabbers? if thats so I'm definaly watching it XP
Old 2007-10-05, 18:21   Link #78
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Oh well, that's your opinions I guess. To me both anime are in two different classes and different genres. While KgNE is best known for its romance/drama, School Days has a different type of drama in my opinion.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 19:55   Link #79
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Hulk want happy ending HULK SMASH! HULK ... take anger management
Old 2007-10-07, 22:37   Link #80
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Will there be a problem if I skip everything and watch the ending? Because I only want to see the ending only.