AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-22, 21:35   Link #22481
arkhangelsk

@Kha: Like I've always said, this group homes in on the SSs. If you don't put those characters in you can hide under the radar. The fact the guy placed it under a spoiler tag also hid it from casual observation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
More cybernetic than organism (In fact, ALL cybernetic), Zed is extremely deadly to mages in general. His AI system that is astoundingly adaptive and intelligent.
Lots of iffy words here.

Quote:
His structure is reinforced and made from the strongest alloys available, rendering all the 'organic' weaknesses of the Combat Cyborg 'Numbers' null and void, and almost immune to melee weapons in general.
Hold. The problem here is, almost everyone has super-human strength to some degree or other in the magical world (it is not for nothing that they can fling people down at speeds averaging 200m/s), they'll be holding blades that can be made of materials or forcefields of equal strength. It is highly questionable that the armor of this Cyborg can be very immune. To a glance off the side or something like that sure. Full contact ... probably not.

Quote:
AMFX is an extremely dangerous version of AMF that Sektor 21 has begun to implement after they snuck off with many of Jail's drones at the end of the Cradle incident. This AMF is more powerful, and easily projected externally to points at higher density, often ressembling the concept of 'painting' a target in sight. In a heartbeat, Zed can disable a mage in mid air and deliver a vicious coup-de-gras with conventional weapons after they drop right out of the sky. Range is unknown on Zed, by the converted Gadgets have functional versions as well.
OK, so it is directional now. With directionality logically does come higher density. But to go from omnidirectional to highly directional in one leap? Technology is evolutionary - remember how many it years it took to develop the Numbers for example. Let's try just going in steps ... to 120, then to 60, to 30, and think about whether the technology even supports the tiny beamwidths you no doubt are imagining in your mind.

Also, you had better specify the effectiveness drop off with range, unless you want it to be decided by the first person (who isn't likely to be "friendly" to your toy) who writes about your new Terminator.

Quote:
Harmonic Smash:
This barely made it into records, but Zed appears to have a mechanism in a similar variation to Subaru's IS: Vibration Shatter. This variation, dubbed, 'Harmonic Smash', was seen working as Zed used sonic resonance probing to determine the harmonic freuqency of a material,
Structures have harmonic frequencies. And not all of them do.

Quote:
before matching its vibration and applying it full force. The effect causes constructive interference in the harmonics of the stricken material, and rapidly causes the material to weaken, allowing him to smash objects far stronger than his normal strength would imply, or rip things clear apart with his bare hands.
The constructive interference will just cause the strength of the harmonics to gather more efficiently. It'll only work in particular conditions. Architecture is generally designed to avoid strong resonant frequencies.

Quote:
It is suggested, that even without AMF-X, he could break even top level mage barriers in seconds if allowed to identify their harmonic frequency.
Actually, it'll work best on a shield if it works at all. A shield is hard, with a simple geometric shape that makes it easy to evaluate a resonant frequency. A barrier will damp the vibrations you are trying to induce.

Quote:
AIMBOT: Zed can calculate the trajectory of any weapon he posseses, so long as he knows the attributes. Thus, unless mages have extreme manueverability skills, his aim is perfect. Use extreme caution.
If only you could hit targets with "perfect aim" (which is a meaningless term anyway) just by "calculating the trajectory of any weapon he possesses". What happened to the problems of target acquisition, rangefinding, lead computation, even meterological conditions.

Quote:
Zed has been noted capable of utilizing some of the largest man-portable conventional weaponry seen, ranging from miniguns to rocket launchers.
Unless you've changed the explosive filler in those rockets, a top ranked mage iwll probably be able to block that level of weaponry - if they are prepared, that it. If they only have a BJ then ... curtains.

Quote:
Ideas NOW.

Plausability later.

At the moment it's just a quick scribble.
With you, you need to plan, so as to limit your overflowing imagination with realism before others are forced to do it for you.

APPEND: Hey! Page claim! That's rare for me!

Last edited by arkhangelsk; 2008-03-22 at 21:38. Reason: Plausibility
Old 2008-03-22, 22:06   Link #22482
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
One night later, and nothing's changed. I still feel batshit about Rebuilt, though now I just realized that I had a perfectly good example of what to do:

The Genderbending of Haruhi Suzumiya.

While this just means that I retell the story with just additional OCs without any changes to actual events, even keeping dialogue the same, this just might be the way out of my melancholy...

...that just leaves the problem of why does the idea of only doing that irk me so much. Is it because StrikerS was never epic, such that doing just that will never equal any work by anyone else by default? Is it because I lost faith in the original material to entertain? Is it because I dunno what to change and what not to change? Is it because I have and was given too many ideas, but not one coherent plan? Just what am I thinking?!

And Keroko, did you know that I've been resisting Cente Gravia until I figure out how much crack am I allowed in Rebuilt of StrikerS? I got almost all of Heaven's Feel planned out, even the Tsubasa ending, even though it's so randomly Khapypasta'd even by my non-existent standards. I should go replay UBW and gather my thoughts for a bit...

Maybe I should do something to make Kagerou feel less disturbed. Here's some major Khrack:
Spoiler for In this world that has ended...:
Only some of you will get what this is, but thank Nighty and Kagerou for giving me the reason, impetus and.

Gosh I still can't :3 at crack like I used too... I'm turning into Vice, bakayarou...
That was sex.
Old 2008-03-22, 22:23   Link #22483
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
<nods> I can do that, to a degree - I'll try and cut down on the Location thing - but still expect it to come up when the scene cuts between two different places.

Example: As you've guessed from the 1st epsiode, the story will be taking place on Gaelica, in a place called Rhodesia City.

Times when Location: will NOT be used:

Locations within a given proximity of each other of Rhodesia City

Example Places: The Shinguji Theater (where the heroes will be staying), the city Spaceport, the city's Warden precincts, etc.

If, however, the locations are far enough apart, then Location: WILL be used.

Example: Arcas (Rhodesia City) talks to Yuuno (Infinite Library). Location: is used.

Understand?
That should make it read/flow better.
Quote:
TENBATSU!!!
*snip Images*
Ahhhh the pixels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
And nope Kay is a guy (I'm lacking in male OC personnel ), his sister Kayley is a girl
Does Kayley answer to Kay as well? Then add Lowe's Kay and we've got a great mix
Quote:
*Added to list*

*sighmumblegrumble* I've really gotta try and find the time to read all this *sighmumblegrumble*
Fighto!
Quote:
Since when is backlog equivalent to a river in Egypt?
Oh not that Chaos.... As it 40k Chaos.....

Then again it could be orks or the nids as well hmmmmm.
Quote:

After she got married Cass was reunited with her siblings when she was 16 (circumstances of their reunion will be detailed on all three profiles, once I make the modifications to Cass' and re-post her to be de-H4XXed.), married Alex when she was 17 and the short happens when she's 19
I see
Quote:
As for Ratler, don't worry. He's been terribly busy lately but he said that once he has time, he'll pay us a visit
XD
Quote:
Yeah, I know I almost choked on my salad when my sister blurted that out

Quote:
*Munches popcorn happily*
This is the same thing that happens once you and Chaos start up

Oh Sh**

*runs*

Quote:
One night later, and nothing's changed. I still feel batshit about Rebuilt, though now I just realized that I had a perfectly good example of what to do:

The Genderbending of Haruhi Suzumiya.

While this just means that I retell the story with just additional OCs without any changes to actual events, even keeping dialogue the same, this just might be the way out of my melancholy...

...that just leaves the problem of why does the idea of only doing that irk me so much. Is it because StrikerS was never epic, such that doing just that will never equal any work by anyone else by default? Is it because I lost faith in the original material to entertain? Is it because I dunno what to change and what not to change? Is it because I have and was given too many ideas, but not one coherent plan? Just what am I thinking?!

And Keroko, did you know that I've been resisting Cente Gravia until I figure out how much crack am I allowed in Rebuilt of StrikerS? I got almost all of Heaven's Feel planned out, even the Tsubasa ending, even though it's so randomly Khapypasta'd even by my non-existent standards. I should go replay UBW and gather my thoughts for a bit...

Maybe I should do something to make Kagerou feel less disturbed. Here's some major Khrack:
Only some of you will get what this is, but thank Nighty and Kagerou for giving me the reason, impetus and.

Gosh I still can't :3 at crack like I used too... I'm turning into Vice, bakayarou...
Blatant WoW refernces as well as hints at WC3:TFT put me off the story....
Old 2008-03-22, 22:44   Link #22484
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
APPEND: Hey! Page claim! That's rare for me!
Cngrats on the page claim :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Does Kayley answer to Kay as well? Then add Lowe's Kay and we've got a great mix
The reason I named her Kayley is precisely because of delicious mix-ups and misunderstandings As a plus: Those two are fraternal twins but that are almost identical in looks Like Dia and Dae Lyonhart :3 (and yes, those are Cass' twin siblings, why their last name is different will be explained in their profiles! )

Quote:
Fighto!
Arigatou....:3

Quote:
Oh not that Chaos.... As it 40k Chaos.....

Then again it could be orks or the nids as well hmmmmm.
I knew that But I just had to include that guy

Quote:
I see
nod:

Quote:
XD
It's true

Quote:
True too

Quote:
This is the same thing that happens once you and Chaos start up
Really?

Quote:
Oh Sh**

*runs*
Nah, it's okay No need to run ^^
Old 2008-03-22, 22:56   Link #22485
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Reminder of the Conquistadores exploration unit:

Kyoya Kibagami, leader of the Conquistadores exploration unit, feared by most of the TSAB female personel, for he is also a Ryo Saeba-like loony and lecherous pervert.

Q: so why do you choose exploration?
A: So I can meet as much hot alien princesses as possible and get laid with them!

Pranee, Kyoya's second and Subaru's friendly rival wannabe

A: So I can kick people's asses and become stronger than Subaru!

Pranee's familiar, Sieraza, who used to be a musician and a thief in her homeworld

A: Whatever.

Akar*OOPS* Antigone Kolokouri, support mage and summoner.

A: To have many wonderful encounters I can treasure.

And now, the last of the Conquistadores exploration unit, Ynana:

Spoiler for ID profile:

Spoiler for story:

Spoiler for magic and combat style:

Spoiler for Note regarding Ynana ship:

Spoiler for Fluffy stuff:

4:55 AM and I was slacking, even in my 10 days trial of woW zomg! *dies*

Next, expect.... PIRATES!

Last edited by Sheba; 2008-03-23 at 17:15.
Old 2008-03-22, 23:05   Link #22486
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post

Hold. The problem here is, almost everyone has super-human strength to some degree or other in the magical world (it is not for nothing that they can fling people down at speeds averaging 200m/s), they'll be holding blades that can be made of materials or forcefields of equal strength. It is highly questionable that the armor of this Cyborg can be very immune. To a glance off the side or something like that sure. Full contact ... probably not.
Trouble is, the level of blow you're talking about is equal to a Soul Charged Guard Break move in SC II (amped up some.) Those are SLOW to execute. Things don't exactly break from your average hits and blows. And I really doubt something as fast as combat AI is going to sit around and let Signum pump up a boosted attack to snap them in two.
Being a fully armored android killing machine will have its advantages here over puny flesh (even cyberneticly enhanced puny flesh) for sure. For one, those little scrapes and cuts that make everyone wince in pain, even the cyborgs? Arn-droids don't feel pain.

Even more so if the focus of AMFX is the target. Now they're just mundanes (or WEAK mages) to be beaten down in all their inferior fleshiness.

>_>
<_<

Good thing there's only one.

Quote:
OK, so it is directional now. With directionality logically does come higher density. But to go from omnidirectional to highly directional in one leap? Technology is evolutionary - remember how many it years it took to develop the Numbers for example. Let's try just going in steps ... to 120, then to 60, to 30, and think about whether the technology even supports the tiny beamwidths you no doubt are imagining in your mind.
Think headlights or RADAR beam... Tag the mage in the 'headlights' and watch 'em squirm when their magic putters down or out. (But it's not a laser. And certainly not an artillery shell that someone suggested in IRC.)

Quote:
Also, you had better specify the effectiveness drop off with range, unless you want it to be decided by the first person (who isn't likely to be "friendly" to your toy) who writes about your new Terminator.

Quote:
Structures have harmonic frequencies. And not all of them do.

The constructive interference will just cause the strength of the harmonics to gather more efficiently. It'll only work in particular conditions. Architecture is generally designed to avoid strong resonant frequencies.
I'm thinking more along the lines of ripping small things apart or busting through walls and armor plates (Like armored security doors and such) with conserved force. It's not meant to be an end-all ability.

Quote:
Actually, it'll work best on a shield if it works at all. A shield is hard, with a simple geometric shape that makes it easy to evaluate a resonant frequency. A barrier will damp the vibrations you are trying to induce.
*Shrug.*

Quote:
If only you could hit targets with "perfect aim" (which is a meaningless term anyway) just by "calculating the trajectory of any weapon he possesses". What happened to the problems of target acquisition, rangefinding, lead computation, even meterological conditions.
You mean I have to spell out something and assume my audience is dumb? I thought you said NOT to assume the audience was dumb?

Quote:
Unless you've changed the explosive filler in those rockets, a top ranked mage iwll probably be able to block that level of weaponry - if they are prepared, that it. If they only have a BJ then ... curtains.
AMFX + Aimbot + Absurd Physical Strength + Explosive Tipped Bullets from a Minigun (Or a Rocket Launcher) = SHIT! FUCK!!! RUN!!! WE NEED NEW PLAN! OR A BIGGER GUN THAN HIM!

Plot wise, his biggest ass whupping scene will be the First Encounter. (The best time for unknowns to pull out all the stops.)
Old 2008-03-22, 23:08   Link #22487
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Is this real?

What is this DORAAAAAAMA I see?!?!?!

It's so freaking delicious

Yare yare

*munches more popcorn*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
It's not much, but hey it's something. Here's a little side story for good old Farukon :3

Spoiler for Activation:
"I'M NOTHING NEW!"

Modest are we Reddo Farukon? Simple but nice patrol scenario here

Quote:
I know what Sektor 21's lead villain in my story is going to be now. (Asside from 21's hidden backgroup people...)

Imagine a group of mage hating conventional weapons users (cannon fodder.)... being supported by reconfigured Type I, II, and III gadget drones with nastier weapons and a new AMF...

All lead by this.

Spoiler for Lean Mean Mage Killing Machine...:

By the time I'm done, he'll be vicious, and we'll need the Aces, the Shock Enforcers, and even crazy old Crash and that half-magic armor to handle this killing machine. *Tigerclaw cackles with glee at soon to be, beatdowns.*

Asta La Vista, baby

Quote:
You needn't have worried.

I have an announcement to make: I am rolling back changes to the Rebuilt timeline. Evoluder Subaru? Gone. Marg Vita? Crashed. GAR Eisen and Kyosuke Bardiche? Out the window. Nanoha Ray? Hell Alpha will fix that. Lightning Squad seems reasonably uncracked and should remain relatively unchanged.

I was informed that for continuity, Yuuno's druidic magic is out of the question, so regretably, no Wild Ferret of the TSAB. Arf will not see action in StrikerS; I know that's a 100% reversal from my earlier promise, but continuity holds sway. Zafira might see more lines, and maybe a few more shots of him in humanoid form, but that's all.

The nature of Einherjar remains limited, and I've yet to come up with an appropiate answer. Riot 6 remains similar to canon, except with the addition of Drake Squad, and a GF-certified landing airship that could double as a mobile HQ to stand in for Asura until it is shot down in the Jail incident. Training sessions remain, as there are more OCs to train now, so that justifies the time spent. Kai will be added to the Tech department.

TSAB remains totally incompetent, so as not to dull the effectiveness of several other units. However, the nature of the Brains' bodies have been changed, as well as the ruling system of the TSAB has been updated to a Paliament under an overriding High Council. Jail's second Cradle, the Silver Throne, has been dropped in favor of focusing fire on the original.

On the Church side, extensive revisions to the organization of Adeptae Belkarum and Licht von Belka will go ahead, as it is with the inclusion of Outer Cadia Shock Troopers in the Saint Guard. The Shock Troopers will be modelled on the USMC as planned, but my lack of understanding of the corp might mean that Goose and Kagerou and Tiger and other subject matter experts must be consulted before anything can be solidified. There will be more machinery on Midchilda on both Belka and Mid factions, and certainly a bit more Cleric-Knights then just 4. The Gundam and GN-X are being reviewed, and may be dropped in favor of normal Power and Terminator armor. However, in order to remain competent, Cleric-Knights retain their ability to fly on WM particles, but their main mod of closing would now be either Teleport or Greller Schritt (Flash Step).

Jail's drone army gets several more modifications. Numbers remain the same 12, but will appear earlier. Two extra sentokijin have been included: Trieze and Uomo, and hopefully once I work things out it will go through quickly. ERW will make their appearance at the Einherjar assault, which is now remade into a trap laid for the capture of the Numbers.

The movie feature Riot 6 Goes to Tokyo will go ahead, and is pretty much completely original take on the SS events; there will be fanservice, but the action and depth has been increased. Arisa and Suzuka retain their Warp Magica Devices Throne and Mikoto, and will return with Riot 6 to Midchilda after that as planned earlier.

Please note that all the above is subject to change, and that Rebuilt itself might be dropped. As it is, I realize that minimal changes needed to be made in actual fact, all that needs is a summary of events, not a full crackfest that does nothing but amuse me and leave the rest of the thread either in bewilderment or non-plus. And that doesn't amuse me for long.

Thank you for your time, and sorry for distracting you all from Alpha.
Less Crack, more fluff. Was fun while it lasted, but still quite awesome changes I see

And yes, crack can only be amusing for so long, but at least it never loses its awesomeness

Quote:

"The concept of eating coagulated blood isn't alien to me" huh? And it wasn't really coagulated blood. If it was, then.....
Trust me, coagulated blood isn't as bad as you think, in fact it's quite delicious as flavoring

Of course, you have to cook it well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora
And nope Kay is a guy (I'm lacking in male OC personnel ), his sister Kayley is a girl
Aaaah the two Kay's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora
As for Ratler, don't worry. He's been terribly busy lately but he said that once he has time, he'll pay us a visit
Yup, he's been AWOL a long time

Quote:

I thought that the very idea of the Rebuilt was to fix the problems StrikerS had in its execution. Potential and Concept-wise, StrikerS is an awesome show (as evidenced by the this fine example of a thriving thread), but execution wise even I have to admit it didn't live up to expectation. I myself often have thoughts of Rebuilts, just that I never have any ambition to do so.

Your first questions are exactly the questions that justify the creation of Rebuilt, as such they shouldn't be looked at as your doubts about yourself, but as the problems that your writings could solve. Since IMHO only the execution was flawed, if you can execute the story of StrikerS much better, then you've taken out your first problem. The second problem... since you're recreating the entire thing, the original should now only be the inspiration for the piece, but not necessarily similar (like with the recent Rebuild of Evangelion). And I don't think that's necessarily true... we do like the original material enough to keep the stories and the characters thriving don't we?

As for your third and fourth problems... well, that's a problem everyone writer here in OC or anywhere has at some point, when we're assaulted by so many good inspirations and Ideas that we just don't know what to do. Information overload, and filtering can only do much before our hearts tell us that we should just go with what we want.

We may not be able to solve all of your problems, but I think we, as your good comrades in OC, can help out somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha

And the God Emperor falls, left to face the raging tide by himself. EPIC CRACK

Though Jail was :eyespin :

Quote:
The reason I named her Kayley is precisely because of delicious mix-ups and misunderstandings As a plus: Those two are fraternal twins but that are almost identical in looks Like Dia and Dae Lyonhart :3 (and yes, those are Cass' twin siblings, why their last name is different will be explained in their profiles! )
So it's Kay Kay Kay?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-03-23, 00:42   Link #22488
Jimmy C

Quote:
While this just means that I retell the story with just additional OCs without any changes to actual events, even keeping dialogue the same,
I'm afraid you may find that harder than you think. Having non-combantant characters interacting with CC will alter their dynamics, subtly at first then increasingly diviated from the original. Even combatants weaker than Erio and Caro means extra pairs of hands in battles. That would make a significant difference in some cases.
Old 2008-03-23, 00:49   Link #22489
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Aaron helped me run through some AMFX details... Get's me a clear scope on what they can-cannot do.

Spoiler for AMFX as on Zed:

EDIT: And now REIN vs POWERTHIRST!

Spoiler for Give your Unisons SHOCKLATE, and they'll be good a SPORTS!:

Last edited by AdmiralTigerclaw; 2008-03-23 at 03:30.
Old 2008-03-23, 08:19   Link #22490
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Trouble is, the level of blow you're talking about is equal to a Soul Charged Guard Break move in SC II (amped up some.) Those are SLOW to execute. Things don't exactly break from your average hits and blows. And I really doubt something as fast as combat AI is going to sit around and let Signum pump up a boosted attack to snap them in two.
Being a fully armored android killing machine will have its advantages here over puny flesh (even cyberneticly enhanced puny flesh) for sure. For one, those little scrapes and cuts that make everyone wince in pain, even the cyborgs? Arn-droids don't feel pain.
Well, I'm assuming your Arnoldroid is not sending people through multiple floors with regular moves either. But to say that it is (almost) immune to melee in the MGLN context is pushing it.

Quote:
Good thing there's only one.
Good.

Quote:
Think headlights or RADAR beam... Tag the mage in the 'headlights' and watch 'em squirm when their magic putters down or out. (But it's not a laser. And certainly not an artillery shell that someone suggested in IRC.)
I was thinking exactly that. The problem is, the fields we saw so far are omnidirectional. Please justify how they managed to make it directional.

Quote:
I'm thinking more along the lines of ripping small things apart or busting through walls and armor plates (Like armored security doors and such) with conserved force. It's not meant to be an end-all ability.
A door ... maybe ... depends on its composition.

Quote:
You mean I have to spell out something and assume my audience is dumb? I thought you said NOT to assume the audience was dumb?
Well, if you had just said "it has an advanced fire control system", I might have went easy, but your special mention implies all the other parts of a FCS do not exist

More importantly, you still need to come up with an efficiency under various conditions. Unless again you want it decided by the first unfriendly guy who writes about your new droid.

If you insist calling the system perfect, I'll write in the rating system:
Fire Control System: SSS+

Oh, now watch the h3xxbusters all get attracted

Quote:
AMFX is an extremely dangerous version of AMF that Sektor 21 has begun to implement after they snuck off with many of Jail's drones at the end of the Cradle incident. This AMF is in a sense, more powerful, and easily projected externally to points at higher density, often ressembling the concept of 'painting' a target in sight.
Halt. How did they turn an omnidirectional field into a directional one.

Quote:
In a heartbeat, Zed can disable a mage in mid air and deliver a vicious coup-de-gras with conventional weapons after they drop right out of the sky. Range is unknown on Zed, by the converted Gadgets have functional versions as well.
It is fine if the TSAB doesn't know about it, but all the gameplayers should know. Otherwise, don't cry when they say it has a maximum range of 10m.

Further, the effective distance of this toy is a critical component of whether or not to h3xxbust your latest creation.

Quote:
It can tag mages a good distance,
Specify a baseline in quantitative terms. What you described below might be a realistic report for the TSAB, but not for storywriters.

Quote:
though field density falls off by the inverse square law. The projector is limited to one target at a time, and must maintain 'contact' with the target to maintain the effect. Thus, it can be avoided by placing physical obstacles (barriers, shields, and fields don't count) between the mage, and the projector.
I see. So, a mage can get around this by taking a body sized piece of paper, interpose it into the field, and finish her spell behind this thing?

Quote:
Powering the AMF-X in Zed 01 in particular is -multiple- Jewel Seed fragments that were recovered from Gadget Drones. (A hypocrytical move on S-21s part, but they tend to be that way.)
Screw theory. Give me the technotactical specifications

Quote:
As it stands, estimated power level can drop an unsuspecting average mage on the spot, an unprepared ace mage in seconds, and render ranged magics (and flying) unsuable, and generally level the playing field.
Actually, an unprepared ace mage will be able to increase concentration and keep up if your AMF fails to knock her out within a second - we saw that effect in Ep21 or thereabouts.

I suggest, for game purposes, something like this. At a baseline range of 50m call it a 2 mage rank effective reduction while a mage is under illumination. That will cause an "average mage" (I suppose you mean A) to lose 2 ranks to become C. An "ace" (let's say AAA) becomes A.

If they are very close, say <10m, call it a 3 rank loss.

Reduce penalty by one rank if the target is prepared for AMF conditions.

Quote:
Optimal use of AMFX is a sneak attack. If Zed gets the drop on Hayate in a tight space environment, she will be rendered unable to fly almost immediately (Escape prevented), lose barriers and shields shortly after this (Defenses fail), and be unable to get a high power spell up in time before (Attacks take too long) Zed closes the distance and 'neutralizes' her in a condition that could only be described as 'glass doll'.
ROFTLMAO. If your Zed (heck, anybody) gets "the drop" on Hayate, why would he even bother to play with AMFX. What any idiot will do, knowing Hayate, is to charge and knock her out with fists without fooling around with AMFX (which will risk Hayate, whose one strong point is sheer magical power, being able to bull past the thing and get a shot off while you toy around with it).

And if Zed has weapons, why doesn't he just SHOOT her!
Old 2008-03-23, 10:39   Link #22491
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

As an OC writer, I'm not too worried because neither Chief nor Ivanovich need magic to kick ass,

As a haxbuster, i haven't managed to wrangle the time to haxbust yet.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-03-23, 11:03   Link #22492
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
That was sex.
Really? It kinda came out a little too early! 0_0

*RUNS AT LUDICRIOUS SPEED*
Quote:
Blatant WoW refernces as well as hints at WC3:TFT put me off the story....
FINE, haet my placeholders. I wanted musical instruments but couldn't find any before I had to go and by LUNCH for the family. >.<

But where in the world is the TFT reference? Even the "this metal throne" line was inspired by the "I'm Frozen" stanza of Ash Like Snow, NOT THAT!!!

*sulks in a corner*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Is this real?

What is this DORAAAAAAMA I see?!?!?!

It's so freaking delicious

Yare yare

*munches more popcorn*

Quote:
Less Crack, more fluff. Was fun while it lasted, but still quite awesome changes I see

And yes, crack can only be amusing for so long, but at least it never loses its awesomeness
Never fails to come back and screw me someday too.

Quote:
I thought that the very idea of the Rebuilt was to fix the problems StrikerS had in its execution. Potential and Concept-wise, StrikerS is an awesome show (as evidenced by the this fine example of a thriving thread), but execution wise even I have to admit it didn't live up to expectation. I myself often have thoughts of Rebuilts, just that I never have any ambition to do so.

Your first questions are exactly the questions that justify the creation of Rebuilt, as such they shouldn't be looked at as your doubts about yourself, but as the problems that your writings could solve. Since IMHO only the execution was flawed, if you can execute the story of StrikerS much better, then you've taken out your first problem. The second problem... since you're recreating the entire thing, the original should now only be the inspiration for the piece, but not necessarily similar (like with the recent Rebuild of Evangelion). And I don't think that's necessarily true... we do like the original material enough to keep the stories and the characters thriving don't we?

As for your third and fourth problems... well, that's a problem everyone writer here in OC or anywhere has at some point, when we're assaulted by so many good inspirations and Ideas that we just don't know what to do. Information overload, and filtering can only do much before our hearts tell us that we should just go with what we want.

We may not be able to solve all of your problems, but I think we, as your good comrades in OC, can help out somehow.
I don't know... But thanks.

Quote:
And the God Emperor falls, left to face the raging tide by himself. EPIC CRACK

Though Jail was
Huh? This is the cutscene before the 1st mission of the Imperium campaign in Multiverse at War: Kha of the Imperium. It's not the end yet!

As for Jail, you never know if he did that honestly, or did it just to make Kha move according to his plan, no?

Anyway, this expansion set adds the Imperium of Belka, and Chaos Knights into the mix.

I think the prequel should be called Multiverse at War: Alpha Strike, since it was based on Alpha, and features the TSAB Forces and the Spawn races.

I've got more crack coming for the 1st mission walkthrough...

Why? Why can't I =3 anymore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
I'm afraid you may find that harder than you think. Having non-combantant characters interacting with CC will alter their dynamics, subtly at first then increasingly diviated from the original. Even combatants weaker than Erio and Caro means extra pairs of hands in battles. That would make a significant difference in some cases.
Ah yeah... Hmm tanks for the heads up.
Old 2008-03-23, 13:01   Link #22493
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

God, it's done. My longest profile ever. Alpha Franz bio is one step closer to completion: history is done, next is relationships, then lastly skills & abilities. Comments welcome.

Be warned: some Alpha spoilers (not really that many) and explicit spelling out of bad things in the past. This is a spoiler for why Naomi currently hates him.

Spoiler for Alpha Profile: Franz Jaeger, Assault Compamy Commander of the Order:

And with that. I'm done. Night all.

*sighs* Gotta wake up in 4 hours -_-

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2008-03-31 at 10:05.
Old 2008-03-23, 17:28   Link #22494
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Spoiler for MSLN Alpha Episode 3, Scene 2:

^^; finally done with this damn scene.
Old 2008-03-23, 20:10   Link #22495
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
God, it's done. My longest profile ever. Alpha Franz bio is one step closer to completion: history is done, next is relationships, then lastly skills & abilities. Comments welcome.

Be warned: some Alpha spoilers (not really that many) and explicit spelling out of bad things in the past. This is a spoiler for why Naomi currently hates him.

Spoiler for Alpha Profile: Franz Jaeger, Assault Compamy Commander of the Order:

Now Franz looks like a character that you'd build. Awesomeness abound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
Spoiler for MSLN Alpha Episode 3, Scene 2:

^^; finally done with this damn scene.
I see a lot of HW love going into this, and the mental sight of a massive Immelmann Turn is somewhat mindboggling, especially when you think of all the stress the inertial compensators and structural stabilizers are going through! A powerful demonstration of White Tempest's capabilities, all that's left is Captain Bright to complete the picture of White Base, White Demon, Bright Slap.

And your crack continues to feed Multiverse at War... I'm afraid it's gonna mutate out of proportion not with mecha, but with Tomino-ism, gratituous BESERK & others like tentacle rape and Eva mindfuck thrown in for a good measure...

By the end of Multiverse at War, I doubt anyone can recognize the CC and OC cast any more... If they are still alive.
Old 2008-03-23, 21:11   Link #22496
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
The semi-broken Khrack purveyor is the first person to comment Guess you ain't as broken, eh?

Well, I had to do a Rebuilt anywy, so I figured I might as well update the profile for Alpha. Franz's original StrikerS-era profile is easily the weakest of all the OFM profiles, mostly because it's the first, and there are a lot of things which could have been done to improve it. Hence my rebuilt Besides, Alpha Franz is different from StrikerS Franz - they're almost two seperate people now. (For one thing, StrikerS Franz kept avoiding paperwork, and would never have thrown himself into what Alpha Franz will be facing.)

Next up, Relationships, and then Skills, Abilities, and more details on Franz's menta state, which is both similar and yet different from "Buy-one-free-ten" Julie. ^^

Quote:
And your crack continues to feed Multiverse at War... I'm afraid it's gonna mutate out of proportion not with mecha, but with Tomino-ism, gratituous BESERK & others like tentacle rape and Eva mindfuck thrown in for a good measure...

By the end of Multiverse at War, I doubt anyone can recognize the CC and OC cast any more... If they are still alive.
:facepalm: Okay, the crack ain't dead yet. He's not broken at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
You think you're the ONLY ONE who's angry about this, sister?

Kha's promised my guys appearances in his stories, but what do I get? NADA.
I created an OC especially for Rebuilt, 1st Lt. Mikhail Dornitz. Ya don't see me whining.

Plus, Reiji, all Kha really said was he'd be removing the Khrack... so from your actions and statements, I submit that your charecters are crack and thus not to be taken seriously.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-03-23, 21:14   Link #22497
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Pardon the double post, this seems to be the next major Khrack I'm on...

Here is the Imperium of Belka campaign 1st Mission, "In This World That Has Ended", cutscene. Several fixes have been made, so do read again:
If you noticed, in the original unvetted draft, I shafted someone by accident...

Only some of you will get what this is, but thank Nighty and Kagerou for giving me the reason, impetus and artistic licence to create this massive Khrack, which might turn into a timeline of its own. Already, I dropped a bomb of a twist in the IRC. It will happen in the end of mission cutscene, so I might get to it soon enough! =3

I'd work out the Codex Alienhunters of the Novus Marines someday. =3

Last edited by Kha; 2008-03-23 at 21:24.
Old 2008-03-23, 21:28   Link #22498
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Trust me, coagulated blood isn't as bad as you think, in fact it's quite delicious as flavoring

Of course, you have to cook it well
.....Are you for real here, Lowe-kun?

Quote:
Aaaah the two Kay's

Quote:
Yup, he's been AWOL a long time
He'd better return to full duty soon -_-;. I can't manage my characters (which seriously need de-haxxing) plus his...

Quote:
Too true. Many think StrikerS might have done much better if only they hadn't shoved 17 + characters in our noses and given more development to the others. Story wise, StrikerS lost a lot of time with the formation of the forwards....

Quote:
QFT

Quote:
So it's Kay Kay Kay?
Correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post

Well, well, well. Now this is something very interesting.

First and foremost, please allow me to tell you that I'm a terrible critic. I'm absolutely no use in that area and thus can only intervene in some very rare occasion

Something I found interesting is these 'personas' he's created for himself. I'd like you to develop in this field...

Quote:
You have nothing else to say about him??????
Old 2008-03-23, 21:44   Link #22499
KNS
Kuroi

Send a message via MSN to KNS
Quote:
Aaron helped me run through some AMFX details... Get's me a clear scope on what they can-cannot do.

Spoiler for AMFX as on Zed:

EDIT: And now REIN vs POWERTHIRST!

Spoiler for Give your Unisons SHOCKLATE, and they'll be good a SPORTS!:
I can't get enough of that...Powerthirst...xD Funny stuff, I must go and read backlog for the previous posts of this if there are any...

And now for my stuff! Images of my OC's drawn by...ME! Mind you these are uninked, done when lazy early in the morning, so feel to criticize and burn me as much as you like critics! Muahahahahah!

Spoiler for Hachi Quickie Drawing - Check!:

Spoiler for Mion, Hachi's Familiar quick drawings:
Old 2008-03-23, 21:54   Link #22500
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Sakuya: USB-san, you do like busting the backlogs, don't you?
USB500: well, for one thing, combat maid who can throw knives and control time is hot. :3
Sakuya: ......

Sakuya Izayoi killed both backlog & USB500.

Sakuya: now will you excuse me for a while? *returns to the Scarlet Mansion*

--------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
:3

:3 :3

:3 :3 :3

:3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Been a while...

I'll tackle the backlog at a late time, but for now, I have to post my entry to Rebuilt.

-Entry to Rebuilt-

~Serena Avenir~
One phrase to summarize this rebuilt:

:3

-----------------------

Liingo: well, talk about error in biodata. *goes to correct it* and Alita is not a human, FYI (an interface with hot meganekko humanoid body :3 ), hence.

And is it just me, or you're the only one who actually commented Alita's & Poseidon's profiles here?

-------

WildGoose: reminds me of Kyosuke, the Franz' profile, and I like it.

Well, this is about it. *head still rings from Sakuya's Za Warudo attack*
Closed Thread