AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-06-10, 19:34   Link #21
darkjester
Desu Desu Desu!!!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to darkjester Send a message via MSN to darkjester Send a message via Yahoo to darkjester
i would say that i am quite materialistic... not crazy sentimental though... bout the only thing i see my self being "buried" with... is my silver chain bracelet... got it as a x-mas gift from my mother about a decade ago, and i think i've only taken it off like twice... so it wouldn't get damaged or something...

also i wouldn't say it's sentimental, but i do love my computer. and its pretty much THE most important material object to me atm... u know that question... "If there was a fire(aside from family/friends) what would be the first thing u'd grab to try and save?" well it would be my computer... mostly cuz its where most of my (non-social) free time goes, plus i built it myself, and spent a decent wad of money on it, i will eventually have to replace it with a new one soon, untill then i just keep upgrading it when i need too.....

k thxs

Last edited by darkjester; 2007-06-11 at 02:36.
darkjester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 01:37   Link #22
kitto-chan
很快是工程師

Well, I'm late to the party, does a 24 yrs blanket make me materialistic. I have blanket that's been with me since I could remember, and since my mother is gone, and me being single, I'll kill anyone for this one blanket.

Arghhh, Im ranting. Anywise, i don't think I'm materialistic, if anything I'm cheap and not willing to buy anything. But that would be contradicting myself, since I am willing to shell out butt load for things I need ASAP.

But all in all, I believe we all are a little materialistic, its the world we're in.
kitto-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 11:28   Link #23
arcadeplayer987

I think the family matter the most but the money are important too.
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 10:07   Link #24
shiro83

I can't do without my PC or my notebook.
Guess that is all that is materialistic about me.

I don't think too much about money. But friends and family are important.
shiro83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 10:15   Link #25
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
books. definitely paper-and-ink books; i prefer them a thousand times over computerized books. and my lucky pants, i've wear on a regular basis a pair of pants that has been with me since first-year high school (i'm at college now, and it's now a perfect fit XD).

that's it for material things. there's family and friends, and my thoughts.
aka Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 10:33   Link #26
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

Every Anime/Manga fan is materialistic, instead of watching the anime some people buy special editions of the dvd and then magazines and then artbooks and then figures, so we all have to be materialistic then!
ReizoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 11:47   Link #27
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

My Figures, Computer, Mangas, Xbox, Nintendo DS, PS2.

Thats all materialistic stuff i really care for.
I love my family friends and dog though

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 09:29   Link #28
~Chakra-Chan~

just my anime dvds and the black Dodge Viper I want to own ^^
~Chakra-Chan~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 10:02   Link #29
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
seeing as I am poor and I have not material things to value yet. when I finally get my laptop(hopefull at end of month) I will value it a lot. I used to value my crappy computer a lot cause we went though a lot together(7 yrs) and used to refert to it as a she. I think she broke caused she heard me say preety soon I wouldn't need her anymore. so she left me..

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 10:44   Link #30
Archontic
Power of the Damager

Send a message via AIM to Archontic Send a message via MSN to Archontic
My guitars. I don't have it in me to part with them.

S'about it. Though I do prefer my shoes and clothes to be worn-in and have wabisabi (sp?).. does that count?
Archontic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 12:50   Link #31
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Money is probably the most important for me and family is second.
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 00:48   Link #32
Daughter!

I'm like this with my guitar.

It's a doublecut Gibson Les Paul, it sounds even more beautiful than it looks. I bought it for almost $2,000, and it was the first real guitar I ever owned. I've played every concert with it, and I'm currently recording music with it, most of it was originally composed on this particular guitar. And when I hold it in my hands, I know that these high end Gibsons are hand made, and the guitar itself is art, right down to the beautiful finish and cutting of the wood. Everything was done by hand and it feels great to have such beautiful, human work in my hands. It's my baby. I take it everywhere with me. I wouldn't give it for a better looking and sounding instrument. Ever. And the amazing thing is how much I still have to learn about it. Even with owning and playing it for some years, this guitar still humbles me every day.

This is the only electric guitar I've ever owned. I'm not interested in any other ones.
Daughter! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 00:52   Link #33
jariten

Send a message via AIM to jariten
My wife would probably be more upset if her 20+ year old Pound Purry ("Abby") were to be lost or damaged than if I were to die X.x.
jariten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 01:02   Link #34
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I would kill myself if my Pc, PS3 or cell were to go go bye bey
Old 2008-02-24, 01:38   Link #35
UzumakiW
J-rocker

Send a message via AIM to UzumakiW Send a message via Yahoo to UzumakiW
Besides my stuff like my laptop, Ipod, and gaming systems, I'd definetely say my books, and when I say my books, I mean the ones that I wrote. If I ever lost those, then that's basically me losing the parts of my life that I spent writing them. I've lost one of my books before, and it was very saddening .
UzumakiW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 07:09   Link #36
Tsukune101
~Bloody Rose~

My only photo of my grandfather would be it.
Tsukune101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 13:36   Link #37
Amray

With regards to your question, I would probably want to be buried with my PSP.....or would want my PSP buried with me should I say.

I have just had it for a really long time and I have merely adapted to its presence, it's strange. I do not even play a lot of games on it, I practically only use it as a device to hold my photo's on, it is just that I have had it through many good times of my life. I am not a weird person and I do have a really good social life, but I think that I would generally want my PSP buried with me as it is like a symbol that is attached to me now.

Other than that, my other alternative would be to just tell loved ones what I would like to be buried with and they put all of my favourite treasures which I enjoyed throughout my lifetime in a big bag, preferably my college bag for the sake of good memories there, and put them in there to be buried with me. My treasures consist of a lot of things but a realistic amount.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 14:50   Link #38
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Things that aren't replaceable (family heirlooms, things owned by relatives who passed away, collectible items out of production/print).

Reminds me I need to scan our old family pictures before they fade out.
Old 2009-01-16, 15:01   Link #39
One_To_Protect
Call Me Pip

Books! I can not live with out the joy of books. ^.^ When I go places I always have a good fantasy or fiction book at my side. My hubby thinks >.> they are glued to me at times.
One_To_Protect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 15:16   Link #40
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

Hmm, I'm not a -really- materialistic person, while I never thrown away my old toys, I don't -really- care about them.

However there's some things that I'm sentimentally attached:

- Every Aria related stuff I have, considering my collection on my PC.
- While I want to buy them in better shape, I don't want to be buried without my favorite P. Howard books, and all of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books.
- My PC. She is the third reincarnation of my old PC now, she have a lots of history, and old memories hidden within her oldest harddrives.

BTW, I actually don't want to be buried. I want my remains uploaded to the net, where it truly belongs.
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote