AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-05-30, 22:19   Link #29901
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
In other words...

1. likelyhood of being very profitable
2. can spam out variations (color, versions) with little additional cost as online exclusive
3. popular and current series
When it comes to Bandai’s mood, sometimes, none of that matters. For example: MG Gyan, MG Gogg, MG Turn A Gundam and other ‘unlikely’ mechas Bandai made into MGs.
  1. They are not fans’ favorites (e.g. Zakus) so most likely not gonna be profitable much.
  2. They don’t spam variations.
  3. They’re not popular or in the current series when Bandai released the MGs.
Old 2013-05-31, 01:07   Link #29902
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Its not bad, the problem imo is that the image is put on the wider box (eg MG delta plus or 00 Raiser), which usually have more dynamic art compared to the standard shaped ones (eg MG tallgeese, the thicker box with the standard face size of a HG)

Its a big step up from the Normal, which is just hovering there with no pose whatsoever, but it would have looked better if they had it in a standard MG box

I just noticed, is that the Khronos I spy in the background?
I just rewatched all MG boxarts, most are rather dull. I'm just too used to the cool 1/144 HG box art. Why can't they do that for MG?
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 05:38   Link #29903
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Just ordered a bunch of kits to go along with the new MG Strike:

MG Duel, Blitz and Aegis. And because Buster is out of stock, I ordered HG AGE-3 Fortress and Clanche Custom xD
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 06:26   Link #29904
bio9205
Reborn

Hey guys, need some advice here once again. As I've posted before - my HG Sazabi's right leg can't fit the ball joint. Long story short, my friend helped me to put putty on to the ball to "reshape" it. I'm currently in the process of sanding and cutting it down to fit into the replacement polycap I have for it. For those with experience with putty, any advice on how I should go about getting the ball to fit the polycap nicely? Thanks!
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 06:40   Link #29905
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Hey guys, need some advice here once again. As I've posted before - my HG Sazabi's right leg can't fit the ball joint. Long story short, my friend helped me to put putty on to the ball to "reshape" it. I'm currently in the process of sanding and cutting it down to fit into the replacement polycap I have for it. For those with experience with putty, any advice on how I should go about getting the ball to fit the polycap nicely? Thanks!
Just lightly sand the part until it fits in nicely to the polycap. I suggest using 800-1500 grit sandpaper and a spare polycap to test the fittings.
Old 2013-05-31, 11:38   Link #29906
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Do you guys think Bandai has plans to do:

MG Aile Strike Rouge RM
MG Freedom RM
MG Justice

I think the Rouge is likely since it would just be a recolor so I guess that could be yet another online exclusive. But the Freedom RM and Justice I think is a must do since there are lots of fans of the Freedom and the Justice never got a MG and would look good next to the Aegis.
Old 2013-05-31, 12:28   Link #29907
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Do you guys think Bandai has plans to do:

MG Aile Strike Rouge RM
MG Freedom RM
MG Justice

I think the Rouge is likely since it would just be a recolor so I guess that could be yet another online exclusive. But the Freedom RM and Justice I think is a must do since there are lots of fans of the Freedom and the Justice never got a MG and would look good next to the Aegis.
Those are more likely then the usual unrealistic lists you post.

Rouge will probably be an exclusive, they love exclusives these days...
Old 2013-05-31, 12:29   Link #29908
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post
Those are more likely then the usual unrealistic lists you post.

Rouge will probably be an exclusive, they love exclusives these days...
Well I don't think my list is that "unrealistic". You can check the link in my signature for my current wishlist.

=P

And yea. I noticed that too. Bandai loves doing online exclusives releases. While annoying and expensive, I'm glad that we're at least getting it.
Old 2013-06-02, 12:41   Link #29909
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Spoiler:

Imagine these 2 as MG's... I think it would be cool and possible.
Bandai could just reuse the MG Tallgeese EW frame and modify the armor pieces, accessories, and the head.

On the topic of MG (as usual of me..ehehe), has anyone heard anything (even rumors) of MG kits from Gundam X?

Gundam X
Gundam X Divider
Gundam Double X

Those are the 3 basics that we would need.
Old 2013-06-02, 15:42   Link #29910
Skye629

Quote:
Spoiler:

Imagine these 2 as MG's... I think it would be cool and possible.
Bandai could just reuse the MG Tallgeese EW frame and modify the armor pieces, accessories, and the head.

On the topic of MG (as usual of me..ehehe), has anyone heard anything (even rumors) of MG kits from Gundam X?

Gundam X
Gundam X Divider
Gundam Double X

Those are the 3 basics that we would need.
I agree about a MG Vayeate/Mercurius pair being awesome, and yes the Tallgeese innerframe cana be used as even in the show they are extremely similar

I sadly dont see any MG X kits being made soon, but those 3 only would be fine imo and they would be rather easy to make and make release slots for (and X divider is practically 85% the same with new weapons and backpack)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 13:49   Link #29911
suiton629
Master Grade Master

I've been thinking about getting the G Gundam Master Grades...

Shining Gundam
God Gundam
Master Gundam
Spiegal Gundam

What's your opinion on these 4?
Old 2013-06-03, 14:38   Link #29912
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
I've been thinking about getting the G Gundam Master Grades...

Shining Gundam
God Gundam
Master Gundam
Spiegal Gundam

What's your opinion on these 4?
Didn't you decide against them? Because of lack of full inner frame and stuff?

Last edited by StrikeFreedomV2; 2013-06-03 at 15:50.
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 15:09   Link #29913
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
Didn't you decide against them? Because of lack of full inmer frame and stuff?
I think “consistency in his decisions” isn’t really part of his charming characteristics. Before you know it, suiton will get every Gundam MGs available except for the truly old ones. He'll end up buying whatever caught his fancy, maybe even more than than the rest of us. "Saving money" be damned.

LOL, I remember when he basically said this in the past: “I will only collect the main Gundams from 00 line, nothing else!” and said how limiting your must-get list will save you so much money. How limited is your list now, suiton?
Old 2013-06-03, 16:29   Link #29914
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Well, I would still like your thoughts. =D
I've seen the YouTubers reviews and saw Dalong's website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I think “consistency in his decisions” isn’t really part of his charming characteristics. Before you know it, suiton will get every Gundam MGs available except for the truly old ones. He'll end up buying whatever caught his fancy, maybe even more than than the rest of us. "Saving money" be damned.

LOL, I remember when he basically said this in the past: “I will only collect the main Gundams from 00 line, nothing else!” and said how limiting your must-get list will save you so much money. How limited is your list now, suiton?
Limited expansion.
Old 2013-06-03, 18:51   Link #29915
Skye629

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post

Quote:
Well, I would still like your thoughts. =D
I've seen the YouTubers reviews and saw Dalong's website.

Limited expansion.
Well the MG G gundams are relatively cheap nowadays compared to the newer ones (about 50%), and there's not too much to get

IMO they hold up really well for their age, being able to pull of great poses, and lack of inner frame is not really a con unless you plan to display without armor/make dioramas

Not too sure though if the gold ones are undergated or not, might want to look into that
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 19:25   Link #29916
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Well the MG G gundams are relatively cheap nowadays compared to the newer ones (about 50%), and there's not too much to get

IMO they hold up really well for their age, being able to pull of great poses, and lack of inner frame is not really a con unless you plan to display without armor/make dioramas

Not too sure though if the gold ones are undergated or not, might want to look into that
I know there are those "Hyper" gold variations, but if I do end up getting the MG's from G Gundam, then I'll just be getting the Shining, God, Spiegal, and Master Gundam...

Anyway, where's the cheapest place that I can get them?

MG GF13-017NJ SHINING GUNDAM
MG GF13-017NJII GOD GUNDAM
MG GF13-001NHII MASTER GUNDAM
MG GF13-021NG GUNDAM SPIEGEL

Last edited by suiton629; 2013-06-03 at 19:41.
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 00:48   Link #29917
RandomGuy
ここに居ってんねん

So, I'm partial to the U.C. hero Gundams, and Amuro ones in particular. (Yeah, I know; real original.)

I haven't really been following the latest information recently (busy with family), but I see that a Master Grade Ver. Ka of the Nu Gundam is out already (with some controversial changes related to Unicorn), and a Ver. 3.0 of the original RX-78-2 is coming out already.

My question is, should I get the Ver. Ka and do that now, or wait for the RX-78 Ver. 3.0? The Nu Gundam is on sale for 5000 yen at the local Joshin, but how labor-intensive is that? Being a Ver. Ka, am I looking at a fair amount of painting?
RandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 01:32   Link #29918
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomGuy View Post
My question is, should I get the Ver. Ka and do that now, or wait for the RX-78 Ver. 3.0? The Nu Gundam is on sale for 5000 yen at the local Joshin, but how labor-intensive is that? Being a Ver. Ka, am I looking at a fair amount of painting?
If you have to pick one, I'd say if you should pick the one you like the most. But if you like them both and have the money, why not getting both? MG Nu Ka is a good (if not great) kit, and I'm sure that MG Gundam 3.0 will be a great kit too (being a 3.0 and all).

For MG Nu Ka, looking from the scale (it’s pretty big) and all the details (many parts), you do need a bit effort to build it. Still, my friend who has it said that it’s a really enjoyable build except for the funnels and the stickers behind the clear psycho-frames. Many modellers said that building the funnels are redundant and boring (LOL) and those funnels really don’t attach that well to each other (which the older MG has no problem with). You need to provide some time to fully build MG Nu Ka, or just do it step-by-step whenever you’re free. As for painting, considering all the details the kit already provides, I don’t think you’ll need further painting, unless you don’t like many of its stickers and prefer to paint it yourself. If you’re okay with the stickers, all you need is to panel-line it with thin markers to bring out the details. Furthermore, if you like the decals, I imagine it will also take some time to apply them. How long will it takes depends on how fast you apply them and how many decals you want to apply (and there are quite many decals) to your Nu.

All in all MG Nu ver. Ka is worth your money (especially if it’s on sale).
Old 2013-06-04, 01:32   Link #29919
firefox
Seed seeder

Nice picture for suiton :

Maybe i should get 2 more to have a similar set up
Old 2013-06-04, 01:37   Link #29920
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ Why is there no regular Exia in that pic? All of them (minus Exia Repair I) has clear-green blades on their GN Swords which regular Exia shouldn't have.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy