AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-13, 15:11   Link #1681
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

you gotta love arty when you're in a tank the size of a battleship, and if the tank is german better to worry more.

I had a very good battle today on my KV-4 on Lakeville. I took the middle and started to charge right ahead. I found a Lowe and a Tiger on my front, I managed to light the lowe on flames... twice, without using gold ammo, then I saw a bizarre image, the lowe when going backwards forced the tiger to back off, but the tiger got into a position on the very edge of the cliff where he could not aim for me, but i could aim for him directly. Needless to say, the tiger chose to drown himself ratter than let me to kill him, meanwhile the lowe was destroyed by our arty. We won the match thanks to various combined efforts. Also on that same battle I killed a tiger from 600+ meters going at full speed trough the town with the D-25-T.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 15:17   Link #1682
Awrya
U mad?

I hate those moments when you have two tanks left, while the enemy has only one.
You have the match in the bag, but one of the allies is a idle bot.

Does reporting them do anything at all? Like reduced exp or credits?
Old 2013-01-13, 16:02   Link #1683
Pen3

I just found out MUP was a WoT Animetsuki clan yesterday and i have been on this forum for some time. I just started playing 3 months ago after watching GnP of course. I am still a noob, but send me a platoon invite sometime and we can kick some ass lol. My states are pretty bad and i am guessing its from playing so many low tier tank lines. I have 3 French, 1 Russ, 2 USA, 2 Brit and 3 German lines grinding.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 16:57   Link #1684
aly_angelflight

So, one tank and I went down the right flank of Himmelsdorf cautiously, but until we got down the hill on the other side of the map, we didn't run into any tanks, and we killed the two tanks that were supposed to be defending the enemy base on that flank without even getting shot at!
aly_angelflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 17:24   Link #1685
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
I just found out MUP was a WoT Animetsuki clan yesterday and i have been on this forum for some time. I just started playing 3 months ago after watching GnP of course. I am still a noob, but send me a platoon invite sometime and we can kick some ass lol. My states are pretty bad and i am guessing its from playing so many low tier tank lines. I have 3 French, 1 Russ, 2 USA, 2 Brit and 3 German lines grinding.
Actually this raises a brilliant question.

What is MUP exactly? Besides the obvious, of course.
Old 2013-01-13, 18:01   Link #1686
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
An indirect reference to Girls und Panzer of course, since MUP = Mädchen und Panzer.

And man, does the spiral continue. I think I had a 25% win rate for the whole day yesterday, sheesh. Just a constant stream of bad match-ups, where even if me or Wilhelmson play well our teammates STILL manage to mess it up.
Old 2013-01-13, 18:18   Link #1687
Sumeragi
Banned

StuG in Tier 7 Fight:

Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 18:27   Link #1688
LeoXiao
思想工作

Still using the laptop mouse?
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 18:39   Link #1689
Sumeragi
Banned

Yes.

And here is a play of the Invading Tiger with the laptop mousepad:

Old 2013-01-13, 18:42   Link #1690
LeoXiao
思想工作

Wait...this xp isn't going to become free xp, is it?
Old 2013-01-13, 18:44   Link #1691
Sumeragi
Banned

Why do you ask
Old 2013-01-13, 19:03   Link #1692
aly_angelflight

I came close to winning a 1 vs. 5 situation as the one. All the enemy had left was a Medium I with 36% of it's health left and an idle bot over by their base by the time that Medium finally managed to hit me and take the last 5 of my HP.
aly_angelflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 20:12   Link #1693
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Hey, been poking around in the forums and... apparently people say to skip out on the short 10.5 on the King Tiger and just push on to the long 10.5, as the 8.8 will still do well enough despite the relatively low damage. Hmm, dunno, the last gun is more than 20k exp...
Old 2013-01-13, 20:26   Link #1694
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Might have to do with penetration. If your shots bounce, they arn't very useful.
Old 2013-01-13, 20:28   Link #1695
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

There's a good reason for that. The short 105 has slightly less penetration than the long 88; whatever you'll bounce with the latter, you're going to bounce with the former, and it'll cost you more.

The short 105 is better for a flanking tank such as the VK4502A. But for long range sniping penetration power, you want to go from long 88 to long 105.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 20:32   Link #1696
Sumeragi
Banned

Think of it like this: You are paying more than four times for each shell which has less penetration, less accuracy, less RoF, and less gun depression.
Old 2013-01-13, 21:09   Link #1697
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Think of it like this: You are paying more than four times for each shell which has less penetration, less accuracy, less RoF, and less gun depression.
That's what I tried explaining to my little brother, but he seemed to be addicted to damage. That's how kids are...
Old 2013-01-13, 21:28   Link #1698
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Well that makes things clearer. That still doesn't prevent the fact that I'll have to spend exp on the short 10.5 to even research the long 10.5. Maybe I should just get the turret first...

Oh, any advice on the KV-1S? I haven't actually bought the tank yet, but due to free exp I've unlocked the 122 mm. Missing the last engine and tracks/transmission though. A few pages back people told me to try to look at it like a big fat medium, and use it as an anchor to medium wolfpacks, but whenever I see that reload time, I dunno. It reminds me too much of howitzers, and I'm not comfortable with those.
Old 2013-01-13, 22:04   Link #1699
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Well, my advice is you should save a little more free xp to research immediately the engine & suspension, engine gave you more accel. And the KV-1S is to play in wolfpacks, and the common use is to hit the target on the rear and then get your ass out of his sight.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 22:18   Link #1700
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Join Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=871
http://worldoftanks.com/community/cl..._order_by=role

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks