AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-08-10, 04:34   Link #81
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 5.

I've come to the conclusion that Kayahara is far and away the best thing in this anime. This episode was kinda dull until her appearances, but when she came on, she totally stole the show. Funniest gag character in this anime, IMO, and arguably one of the most unique in all gag comedy anime.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-13, 09:51   Link #82
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
Just saw Episode 5 and I got my wish...to see an appearance of BOTH Toshiyuki and Kayahara-sensei in one episode!

Toshiyuki = really one bad-ass SOB (as in literally! haha)
Kayahara-sensei = that Spider-Man sequence stole the "springboard" episode!
ShadowClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 23:12   Link #83
Anime Online

Episode#06 isn't as funny for me, since I'm more a fan of Megumi & Miki. The part on Kayahara-sensei in the cinema is pretty funny though.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 23:15   Link #84
Skane
Anime Snark

Smile

First half was a little bland for me, since... since... oops... haha... I forgot his name too. ^-^; Erm, since Nya-san is not one of my favourites.

The second half was redeemed by the antics of the little girl.
Old 2006-08-15, 01:43   Link #85
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

But... Nya-san is the voice of 556 from Keroro Gunsou! Nya~nya~nya~nya.

Anyways, episode 6 was pretty funny from a purely romantic standpoint.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 02:50   Link #86
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

the second half was definately the best part of the episode, but him becoming friends with toshiyuki wasnt too bad either. i still think he should have bought miki the bike, im sure it would have affected her later on down the road.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 03:15   Link #87
Anime Online

If the anime is truly 12 episode-length, that means we have already reached the halfway point. I'm curious when the blonde bunnygirl in the OP is gonna show up.
Old 2006-08-15, 09:42   Link #88
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

Send a message via Yahoo to Truth-kun
Who would have thought that Miki would actually consider going on a "date" with a boy? Hahaha. Ep06 first part was okay for me, funny, but not outstanding. Now the second part blew me away. I wonder if any romantic development would be present in the future episodes between Nakahara (Nya-san, since I'm not sure with the name) and Miki? Plus the sudden appearance of Kayahara-sensei in the movies = win.
Truth-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 10:49   Link #89
SinsI

Just saw the fansubbed episode 6.
I thought there was some wordplay between "suki" and "sukiari" - "love" and "opening, weakness", am I mistaken? (they left only "I love you")

BTW, it seems like Miki is 16-17 y.o. (10 years ago she was in the first grade, so...)

Last edited by SinsI; 2006-08-15 at 12:26.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 19:42   Link #90
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Well, what would be the English equivalent? 'I... love... SNEAK ATTACKS!' Just isn't the same...

I have to agree with Truth, though... the fact that Miki went along with the whole thing was probably the funniest part. But it seemed like she saw where it was going. I guess she was just in it for the free ice cream.

My favorite episode 6 moments were probably:

The whole 'opening fight,' in that it's just business-as-usual for everyone involved.
Kankuro's sinister moments. I guess he's a bit crazy in more than just his willingness to take a beating for a minimal chance at victory.
Kayahara in the movie theatre. I love Kayahara.
Kankuro's on-the-spot respect for Toshiyuki and Wakana. Guy's desperate.
Kikaifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 20:17   Link #91
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Totally agree with the consensus, the first half of ep 6 was fairly bland but the second half was hilarious. Good to see a funny half episode that didn't need to rely on Kayahara. As brilliant as she is, that gag could easily get repetitive if used too often. Overall, pleased that this show is still serving the laughs, even though it probably isn't quite as consistent as it was earlier... it's certainly lasted longer than I initially thought it would.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 20:31   Link #92
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

Send a message via Yahoo to Truth-kun
Whats different on the second half is because they didn't use the much overused slapstick comedy that Noodle Fighter Miki usually does. Instead, they use the more "School Rumble" style misunderstanding plot, where Wakana and Nya-san misunderstood each other concerning Miki. I was really laughing my ass off when they were discussing the plans, along with Nya-san looking like a bishounen :P.
Truth-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 20:59   Link #93
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Guys, heads-up... The BQO raw for episode 7 is corrupt (it isn't fake) at the end.

CRC32: c512b80e
MD5: 111bed5c3ea16dfae019ea4564771a1d
SHA1: 50a9ae9da41e28bb01db462b185a6cda4302261d
Old 2006-08-16, 06:22   Link #94
Marvin68

theres one thing that i dont understand , when miki delivers the noodles... like why do they have to carry it in a steel case with the noodles and soup in the bowl?
didnt they know theres a great invention called a plastic bag
Marvin68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 07:03   Link #95
Anime Online

Miki's delivery box is the way traditional ramen is delivered.
Old 2006-08-16, 08:07   Link #96
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Just a simple textless screenshot of Megumi. Darn hard to find a good pose of her in non-SD form.

Old 2006-08-18, 23:42   Link #97
Rentaro
Fear the Loli

This is the first vector that I have ever done. I'm still new to it so it is a little messy. I didn't have too much idea for the background but I was trying to go for a sound wave of sort. If anyone has ideas for improvement or tips, please let me know
Rentaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-19, 00:59   Link #98
Starks
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane
Just a simple textless screenshot of Megumi. Darn hard to find a good pose of her in non-SD form.

Get the hell off of my internet...

SD Megumi >>>>>>>>>> j00
Old 2006-08-20, 16:06   Link #99
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

episode 7 was a bit slow paced. not that it was bad, but i was hoping for a bit of good surprise action.

i was always wondering how those two stores were staying in business, but now we know!

it looks like the bunny queen is going to make her debut in the next episode. too bad this series is almost over, it still feels like its missing alot of story elements to make it more than a mediocre title.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-20, 16:58   Link #100
Starks
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
episode 7 was a bit slow paced. not that it was bad, but i was hoping for a bit of good surprise action.

i was always wondering how those two stores were staying in business, but now we know!

it looks like the bunny queen is going to make her debut in the next episode. too bad this series is almost over, it still feels like its missing alot of story elements to make it more than a mediocre title.
What are you talking about? The comedy in episode 7 is very redeeming for the lack of action.