AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-06-13, 23:06   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Noodle Fighter Miki (Muteki Kanban Musume)

Genre: Comedy, Shounen

Expected Release Date: July 5, 2006

Reading the synopsis in AniDB leads me to believe it should be a good comedy series. Here is a copy and paste of the description in the following..
Based on a manga by Jun Sadogawa, serialised in Weekly Shounen Champion.

Onimaru Miki is a daughter of a Chinese Ramen-Restaurant, and she helps her mother to run the restaurant. She is supposed to be a Kamban Musume, or a poster girl, of the restaurant. However, she likes to fight and always makes troubles. Whether is she useful for the restaurant or not?

This is a daily comedy revolves around Miki, and other unique characters. For example, Ohta Akio is a son of a vegetable store, and he is an otaku of Ranger series. Kannazuki Megumi is another Kanban Musume of a bakery store. At first glance, she is quite and cute, but actually she is a dissembler. She thinks Miki of her rival, and she disturbs Miki’s job in various dirty way.
This is one of the many series I am looking forward to this summer.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 23:34   Link #2
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Oooooo! I hope that this show is about the food. There is far too few shows made about cooking. Yakitate has just ended *sniff*, only 2 episodes of Oishinbo were ever subbed *gah*, Cooking Master Boy was great, but is loooong over *sigh*.

I hope that Noodle Fighter Miki can fulfill this lack in my life. Do you know if it is about the coolness of food and cooking, or is it just a lot of boring fights?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 23:44   Link #3
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Oooooo! I hope that this show is about the food. There is far too few shows made about cooking. Yakitate has just ended *sniff*, only 2 episodes of Oishinbo were ever subbed *gah*, Cooking Master Boy was great, but is loooong over *sigh*.

I hope that Noodle Fighter Miki can fulfill this lack in my life. Do you know if it is about the coolness of food and cooking, or is it just a lot of boring fights?
Hurrah for me as I still have about 20 more episodes of Yakitate to watch to conclude the series. Anyway, AniDB listed it as a 12 episodes series. If I have to make an assumption from the projected length of the show I would say it involves a lot of daily shenanigan surrounding Miki which eventually leads her to use her noodle fighting skill.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 12:33   Link #4
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Muteki Kanban Musume

I laughed out loud at episode 1.

Onimaru Miki (Nabatame Hitomi) helps her mother run a Chinese restaurant. She is supposed to be the restaurant's kanban musume ("poster girl"). She is charming and enthusiastic -- but also clumsy and likes to fight. She has epic battles with her sturdy mother, and also with Kannazuki Megumi (Koshimizu Ami), the poster girl of a bakery across the street.

At first, the show seemed rather ordinary -- the lovely girl who turns out to be clumsy and irascible. But the fights were hilarious, the comic timing good, and the voice-acting excellent. This isn't the voice of Nabatame's that I like best (I prefer the gentler tones of Nobue-oneesan or Kiri in Canvas2), but she creates the character. And Amisuke is on a roll: after the triumph of Tenko in Kamisama Kazoku, her evil-princess laugh here is a classic. Whether I stick with this show, under the pressure of too many good shows, remains to be seen. But I enjoyed episode 1 a lot more than I thought I would.

The director is Tomizawa Nobuo 富沢信雄 , who directed the original Futakoi. Scriptwriter Machida Doko 待田堂子 did the screenplays for Wolf's Rain and Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru. Animation direction and character design is by Nakaji Keiko 中路景子, who is doing these jobs for the first time, but did clean-up on Princess Mononoke and key animation and direction on episodes of Tide-Line Blue.

Based on a manga which is now up to 17 volumes. The title means "Invincible Poster Girl." It has been published in English as "Noodle Fighter Miki."

Anime News Network page.

Official Site (Japanese). First weekly broadcast Tuesday nights at 2am, ChibaTV. Started 4 July, goes for 12 weeks.

YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-07-05 at 13:17.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 12:47   Link #5
DaFool
Resident devil

Thanks for the info.

It looks like it could be Fighting Beauty Woolong done right, and even if not, its only 12 eps. Hopefully too it'll be funnier than Yakitate Japan.

IF (Food) OR (Girls) THEN (Watch)
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 12:53   Link #6
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

I juz watched the first episode. It doesn't seem to be anything like Yakitate Japan. More of the silly and farni kind of anime with some "fighting" in it.

Haha, as for me, I dun tink I would stick with this anime as there r still too much other better animes for me to follow But it mite be rather entertaining for me if I haf some spare time to watch
Ja-Y-Ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 01:02   Link #7
NeoSam

There's already a thread for this:

Noodle Fighter Miki
Old 2006-07-06, 12:57   Link #8
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
There's already a thread for this: Noodle Fighter Miki
Then the threads should be merged. But please, please not under the ridiculous "noodle fighter" title, which is only the title the US publishers chose for the manga. The Japanese title gives a totally different feeling, and is what is being used by bloggers. I think that confusing people who know the translated manga is better than confusing everyone else.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-07-06, 15:20   Link #9
DaFool
Resident devil

Hmmm I liked the hyperviolence. And the butt-ugly expressions.
It still feels a little disposable though. I haven't read the manga.
I guess if subbed consistently is worth a follow or at least a batch torrent, but otherwise probably won't miss it.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 17:07   Link #10
froinlaven
Wanchu!

This anime doesn't seem to be about the food. More about Miki and Megami duking it out. So far it's pretty funny. And the quick expression switching is cool. Miki kinda reminds me of Excel...

Full impressions here.
froinlaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-07, 00:54   Link #11
Bevisl

Muteki Kanban Musume Episode 01 screenshots

The first episode is intersting, you will like it.
Bevisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 00:36   Link #12
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by froinlaven
This anime doesn't seem to be about the food. More about Miki and Megami duking it out.
I am saddened to hear that. I really wanted a new food anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by froinlaven
Full impressions here.
As for the title, I notice you say that Muteki Kanban Musume translates to “Invincible Pretty Daughter Who Attracts Boys To Parents’ Shop!” That's a lot to hang on three words. I know muteki and musume. What the heck does kanban mean? Kanban means someone who attracts customers to their parents' shop?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 01:22   Link #13
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

This anime is downright hilarious, amusing, and made me crack up multiple times. I love it! Doremi-fansubs is picking this up as a "fun" project.

I really like the bakery girl... her being voiced by Nina from Mai-Otome just adds to the fun. Miki is hilarious too... being beat by her mom so much.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 02:15   Link #14
itzfurrball

Send a message via ICQ to itzfurrball Send a message via AIM to itzfurrball Send a message via Yahoo to itzfurrball
love the cartoonish style
itzfurrball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 11:30   Link #15
Biohydra

Quote:
I am saddened to hear that. I really wanted a new food anime.

As for the title, I notice you say that Muteki Kanban Musume translates to “Invincible Pretty Daughter Who Attracts Boys To Parents’ Shop!” That's a lot to hang on three words. I know muteki and musume. What the heck does kanban mean? Kanban means someone who attracts customers to their parents' shop?
"kanban musume" means the whole "Pretty Daughter Who Attracts Boys To Parents’ Shop" part which is basically what "poster girl" means. Personnally I think there isn't a need for such a long title. Invincible Poster Girl is fine with me.

But I could be wrong so someone correct me if I am.
Biohydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 11:59   Link #16
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
I am saddened to hear that. I really wanted a new food anime. As for the title, I notice you say that Muteki Kanban Musume translates to “Invincible Pretty Daughter Who Attracts Boys To Parents’ Shop!” That's a lot to hang on three words. I know muteki and musume. What the heck does kanban mean? Kanban means someone who attracts customers to their parents' shop?
Just to make things clearer, kanban means "(advertising) poster." "Musume" means "daughter" or "young lady," or just "girl." So kanban musume means "poster girl." But what that expression is used to refer to is a pretty girl who works in a shop and one of whose main functions is to attract customers by her presence, as if she were a sort of advertising poster. And of course, muteki means "invincible."

As for the food, I'm hopeful it will play some role as the show goes on, although the first ep didn't use it much.

And I'm glad to see some other people found that first ep as hilarious as I did, and liked the work of Koshimizu Ami as the bakery kanban musume. Here's hoping it can stay as funny. The director did the first Futakoi, which I liked better than most people, but can't say was that good.
Old 2006-07-08, 12:32   Link #17
LegendsEnd

Something about this anime just instantly turned me off, it happened about 1 minute into the anime =/ It's probably the extreme sillyness and the horrible introduction of the characters but this is just my opinion.
LegendsEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 12:56   Link #18
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Surprise fansub by Doremi...

(I didn't even know about it...)
Old 2006-07-08, 14:54   Link #19
lavielove

The story telling in first episode is very fast and every script lines are animated. The animation-wise, it's well animated and very entertaining. I think the story will revolve around Miki-chan, the major character of this anime. I got interested in this anime because of Geneon.Hoping that the latter episodes will go with not too far off from the animation I've seen in the first episode.thank you doremi.
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 22:00   Link #20
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Whaaa-

I don't know what that was I just watched, but I know it was hilarious. The only problem I have with this anime is that it's very much a gag comedy, so I'm not sure how it's going to keep up this level for the entire course of the series. But, geez, that was frenetic and random. I loved it.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote