AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 37 31.90%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 25.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 23.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 10.34%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 4.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.86%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.72%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-19, 21:04   Link #201
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

If this series does not end happily, I swear to goddess valkyries Brunhilde, Skuld, Urd, Verdandi and Freya I am going to put Kawamori out, once and for all...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-19, 21:08   Link #202
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Or Kathy Glass, the communications officer.

I mean, if you really really want to go all the way with homage

- Tak

I remember when Deculture edition first came out, I assumed that Kathy was part of the triangle...or rather square.

Now I'm glad she isn't. She's a bit of an Oba for Alto.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-07-19, 21:09   Link #203
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post

Now I'm glad she isn't. She's a bit of an Oba for Alto.
Bah, thats what Hikaru said when he first saw Misa

- Tak (and I don't mind older women, really)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-19, 21:21   Link #204
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
If this series does not end happily, I swear to goddess valkyries Brunhilde, Skuld, Urd, Verdandi and Freya I am going to put Kawamori out, once and for all...

- Tak
You do realize you just said Grace's name in vein there.
Old 2008-07-19, 21:33   Link #205
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Bah, thats what Hikaru said when he first saw Misa

- Tak (and I don't mind older women, really)
Somehow I had forgotten that detail. And then I'm reminded that in the Macross Universe calling a woman an oba gets you more than the standard death glare.
(Miria comes to mind)

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-07-19, 23:54   Link #206
jho

Quote:

- Tak
It looks like they would have a really hard time messing this up...I can't imagine them screwing up so badly at this point.
Old 2008-07-20, 04:36   Link #207
Blaat

I loved the Engrish Dairy picture image.
Old 2008-07-20, 04:44   Link #208
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

- Tak
Of that lot, only Brunhilde is a Valkyrie.
Old 2008-07-20, 07:46   Link #209
Taiyakikung

Send a message via ICQ to Taiyakikung
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
I hope Michael remembers about that Witchcraft pill....what are the chances he saved it some where and can have it analyzed? He probably lost it when his VF blew up.
Ah.What's the witchcraft pill?and What's it for?
Old 2008-07-20, 07:49   Link #210
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiyakikung View Post
Ah.What's the witchcraft pill?and What's it for?
Pills labeled "Witchcraft 639" which Grace fed to Sheryl in episode 13, ostensibly as a means to cure her.

In reality, the pills were the very cause of Sheryls illness, because when she refused to take them ( letting Michael find one she chucked on the floor ), she got better in record time.
Old 2008-07-20, 08:10   Link #211
Taiyakikung

Send a message via ICQ to Taiyakikung
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Pills labeled "Witchcraft 639" which Grace fed to Sheryl in episode 13, ostensibly as a means to cure her.

In reality, the pills were the very cause of Sheryls illness, because when she refused to take them ( letting Michael find one she chucked on the floor ), she got better in record time.
Umm.How can you know that?Is it stated anywhere in the episode that witchcraft's the cause of her illness?
Old 2008-07-20, 09:00   Link #212
Tak

Quote:
Umm.How can you know that?Is it stated anywhere in the episode that witchcraft's the cause of her illness?
Do you suppose that is a cure then? I don't see how that can be so complicated to figure out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Of that lot, only Brunhilde is a Valkyrie.
Nope. This also includes Skuld.

And Freya is sometimes known as Valfreyja. Mistress of the Slain, and Mistress of the Valkyries.

- Tak

Old 2008-07-20, 09:53   Link #213
hai_san

Quote:
Nope. This also includes Skuld.

And Freya is sometimes known as Valfreyja. Mistress of the Slain, and Mistress of the Valkyries.

- Tak
Well the only "actual" Valkyrie is Brunhilde while Urd, Skuld and Verdandi are Norns and Freya is a goddess who lead the Valkyries.
Old 2008-07-20, 09:54   Link #214
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
Well the only "actual" Valkyrie is Brunhilde while Urd, Skuld and Verdandi are Norns and Freya is a goddess who lead the Valkyries.
Check your sources, Skuld was referred to as a Valkyrie in many of the old poems. She was both a Norn and a Valkyrie.

Alright, I only said this on a whim, it wasn't even meant to be taken seriously.

But whatever now.

- Tak

Old 2008-07-20, 09:56   Link #215
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

Ranka Information that I could read from the paper Leon had on her:

Quote:
Personal Information

Name: Ranka Lee
Address: 361 Doi Street, Frontier Midtown, AS 13451
Telephone: +83 3 2641 -7460
Social Security Number: 624-31-9124
Martial Status: Singl (Yes they forgot the 'e')
Height: 156cm Weight: 43kg Blood Type: O
Birth Date: 04.29.2043

Personality

I can't read what is in the personality section. Perhaps someone with a Raw copy or a better quality video can zoom in and read this section. I can only make out words here and there.

I don't know why some of the people in this thread are harping so badly on the flash backs and the Ranka singing. This is one of the better flashback episodes I've seen in any series. Half flashback with new narration from the Galaxy peeps and the last half new animation with even more info. I give this episodes a solid thumbs up.

As for Ranka's singing, yes she sounds like a little girl attempting a song that is more fitting for a lower toned mature female singer. Which is exactly the way it should sound since she IS a younger girl with a higher pitched voice attempting to do a song written specifically for a lower voice range. This would be like taking a song written for Celine Dion and then giving it to Hanna Montana or something. Can't really compare honestly. Each is skilled and popular but with distinctly different voice ranges and styles. Of the two version of that ED I believe Sheryl's version sounds better since the song is more suited for that voice range. When they were both singing to Alto I thought they both sounded fine although Sheryl's parts sounded scratchy which in a way makes sense for the story since she's sick. Whether they intended to do that or not.

I enjoyed this episode quite a bit, learned some very important information. For a flashback first half episode I give this one a solid 9 outta 10.

Cheers.

BTW Who is John Birks Gillespe? The guy on the form before Ranka Lee's.

Last edited by kilroy0097; 2008-07-20 at 10:26.
Old 2008-07-20, 10:03   Link #216
hai_san

Quote:
Check your sources, Skuld was referred to as a Valkyrie in many of the old poems. She was both a Norn and a Valkyrie.

Alright, I only said this on a whim, it wasn't even meant to be taken seriously.

But whatever now.

- Tak
I am not really knowledgeable in Northern mythology, i didnt know that Skuld was also a Valkyrie.
Old 2008-07-20, 10:04   Link #217
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer

Hmmm... I'm having a little bit of concern regarding Sheryl's deteriorating health. Well you see Grace and co. gave her a designation of Fairy 9. Which i came to speculate that she might be genetically manufactured by Galaxy. And she might have an expiry date lesser than the life span of a normal Miclone. ^^... which could make an interesting ending.... Well let's hope for the best.
Old 2008-07-20, 10:13   Link #218
zalem

Quote:
I seems kind of obvious. Michael seemed to think so too when he was holding the pill. Both Sheryl and Michael noted how quickly Sheryl recovered which was conveniently the minute she stopped taking the pill. It was as if the sickness was all an "illusion." That and the fact that Grace is very obviously trying to kill Sheryl....it's not hard to come up to this conclusion.
Old 2008-07-20, 10:13   Link #219
hai_san

Kawamori better dont let either Ranka or Sheryl die else the uprising that the fans will make will made the Vajira attacks on Frontier looks like a pushover.
Old 2008-07-20, 10:34   Link #220
Zekori

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
I am not really knowledgeable in Northern mythology, i didnt know that Skuld was also a Valkyrie.
Yes and No, theres usually no mention of Skuld as a Valkyrie outside of a few old norse poems such as the Volupsa. Verthandi also by my recollection theres no mention of her outside of*being a guardian of Yggdrasil. As for Freyja, its more correct to think of her the counter-part of Odin's Einherjar.

But, all contexts of these old legends depends on the context you read it from. After all, who can know

Miswording, fixed*

Last edited by Zekori; 2008-07-20 at 10:57.
Closed Thread