AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-05-25, 11:01   Link #41
Timsel

May be some Muv Luv fan that speak Chinese could ask here
http://bbs.sumisora.org/read.php?tid=10985330
about Tech Gian Schwarzesmarken scans?

Eventually I`ll got all original books but you know, the pictures thare would be black-white and not so good that in magazine, and Carnelian art isn`t that thing that I want to neglect
Timsel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 23:42   Link #42
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

This girl, Phạm Thị Lan. But I don't know any Vietnamese has this type of hair, anyone know?.
Old 2012-06-25, 00:18   Link #43
Sumeragi
Banned

It's basically a double braid with the braids rolled up into buns and held in place by the flower hair pins.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 00:53   Link #44
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Yah, but I don't see any Vietnamese rolled up double braids into buns like that. They only rolled up only 1 braid around their head or a big bun behind their neck for a mid to old women and 1-side-tail for a young girl (even no use nowaday), and they don't use any pins. For the first time I see that picture, I think that is a Chinese until see her name, maybe the designer misconcept about Vietnamese.

Spoiler for Vietnamese briad:
Old 2012-06-25, 01:25   Link #45
Sumeragi
Banned

Given that Phạm Thị Lan is a second generation Vietnamese in East Germany, I'm not really sure if there is a real concept of Vietnamese hair in this particular instance. As for the flower pins, maybe a memento from her mother or something?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 02:25   Link #46
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

If she is a second generation Vietnamese in West Germany, she will adopt western hairstype rather than Chinese hairtype, and the hairpin, Vietnamese use hairpins only from 9x and later.
Old 2012-08-12, 00:30   Link #47
Timsel

Here they are - sozialistische teutons. Even poor thing Inghild.

It seems that Uchida Hiroki put in them somewhat dramatic feeling (like Tolkien numenoreans).
Official preview whith dark musical theme is good but in scenes when Jagdfliegergeschwader 666 rushing in the batlle with BETA, I prefer to switch to Marsch Parade der NVA:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tenr...eature=related
Old 2012-08-12, 10:26   Link #48
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timsel View Post
May be some Muv Luv fan that speak Chinese could ask here
http://bbs.sumisora.org/read.php?tid=10985330
about Tech Gian Schwarzesmarken scans?

Eventually I`ll got all original books but you know, the pictures thare would be black-white and not so good that in magazine, and Carnelian art isn`t that thing that I want to neglect
I can only read Chinese very slowly, but it seems that someone has posted some files on that thread. I don't have permission to download them though.
EDIT: Seems like the entire thread is now off-limits.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 10:49   Link #49
gbatemper

Quote:

It seems that Uchida Hiroki put in them somewhat dramatic feeling (like Tolkien numenoreans).
Official preview whith dark musical theme is good but in scenes when Jagdfliegergeschwader 666 rushing in the batlle with BETA, I prefer to switch to Marsch Parade der NVA:
Goddam is Beatrix sexy
gbatemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 18:16   Link #50
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
I can only read Chinese very slowly, but it seems that someone has posted some files on that thread. I don't have permission to download them though.
EDIT: Seems like the entire thread is now off-limits.
I grabbed the pdf of the Chinese translated Schwarzemarken chapter 1-7 with the colored illustrations off that site. its a pdf though.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/g7k7t8

this site might work too. but i think you might have to register to see the novel illustrations.
http://www.lightnovel.cn/forum.php?m...ight=Schwarzes
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 18:46   Link #51
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

An OVA would be nice. I'd do anything to seeing Irisdina and the others doing NOE flight, and hunting down the laser class within the horde... especially Theo slaughtering the BETA with a knife. It'll be intense and very thrilling just when I think about it.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 20:32   Link #52
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Beatrix looks like evil Melissa Mao with long hair. Loving the art - but then it's Carnelian who's drawing, so great art was never in question.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 22:53   Link #53
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
There's a bit of stuff in the latest Cross Operations about Schwarzesmarken.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 01:48   Link #54
Timsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
I grabbed the pdf of the Chinese translated Schwarzemarken chapter 1-7 with the colored illustrations off that site. its a pdf though.
Oh, great! Thank you from my heart!
I`ve got book versions and now translating 2 chapter into Russian (4 is already done too) and MisterV checking my mistakes and working on english version.
But as I said, book`s illustrations are not colored and it would be a shame to put them in our translation. Of course Carnelian`s art deserve the best quality that we could find.
The pictures from Chinese pdf are great, now this isn`t a problem - all thanks to you!
Old 2012-08-13, 02:45   Link #55
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I have read the first (translated) chapter and I enjoyed it very much.

Things I liked:

+ That bleak, desperate atmosphere going on in the story. Yet, this did not stop people from fighting. Even tho they know it's a matter of time before they break.

+ Iridina. That ice queen no nonsense personality. Yet you have glimpses that she cares for her squad bros.

Things I disliked:

- Things can get narmy, especially with that over-the-top portrayal of the Stasi, bordering on WH40k kommissars and Inquisition. It's like Super Gestapo had a yaoi child with KGB-kun.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 08:13   Link #56
Timsel

Why you didn`t recommend "Malleus Maleficarum" too? if you want to compare fictional situatiion with real one?
I think that making one of Gestapo and Stasi was an instrument of Cold War ideological warfare and now we can look more fairly.
Old 2012-08-13, 12:46   Link #57
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post

this site might work too. but i think you might have to register to see the novel illustrations.
http://www.lightnovel.cn/forum.php?m...ight=Schwarzes
Thanks. I'll have a look and see if I can do much with it.

EDIT: It's in Traditional characters! This makes things much easier.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 09:41   Link #58
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Beatrix looks like evil Melissa Mao with long hair. Loving the art - but then it's Carnelian who's drawing, so great art was never in question.
Melissa Mao didn't have red eyes, but I see the resemblance anyhow. Can anyone confirm whether Beatrix Bremer is related to Stella Bremer of Total Eclipse in any way, though?
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 21:49   Link #59
black_cat1

No, they have no relation, Beatrix's family name is Brehmer while Stella's is Bremer
black_cat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 03:17   Link #60
Timsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Melissa Mao didn't have red eyes, but I see the resemblance anyhow. Can anyone confirm whether Beatrix Bremer is related to Stella Bremer of Total Eclipse in any way, though?
I couldn`t find any relations. Their names in katakana on official sites are different:
Su-te-ra Bu-re-me-ru and Be-a-to-ri-ku-su Bu-re-me

It seems that names of Schwarzesmarken characters, created by Uchida Hiroki, based on names of famous German officers from WWII period as MisterV mentioned in atogaki.

If so, her name might have some relation with Rudolph Brehmer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudolf_Brehmer

Total Eclipse characters were created by Youshimune Kouki and I can`t say, where he picked them.
Sweden is not so far from DDR so Beatrix, who seems to be in her 30th in 1983, even may be mother of Stella, who also seems to be in her 30 th, but in 2001