AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 09 Rating
Perfect 10 13 14.13%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 30.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 26.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 19.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 8.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.09%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-03, 13:58   Link #21
~Tsukuyomi
[- Caramelldansen Spam -]

Seriously, what movie they went to watch... Is it actually Saw III???
Old 2007-06-03, 14:18   Link #22
aedai
*3*

Send a message via AIM to aedai Send a message via MSN to aedai Send a message via Yahoo to aedai
hi ive just started to watch Lucky Star this week,and am up to date with it.
I just wondered what day of the week does each episode come out on?
And when are the subtitles done by?

-ill see if episode 9 is subbed tomorrow or something
=D can't wait to watch it
Old 2007-06-03, 14:32   Link #23
Konata-chan
Wannabe Konata Izumi

Send a message via AIM to Konata-chan Send a message via MSN to Konata-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedai View Post
hi ive just started to watch Lucky Star this week,and am up to date with it.
I just wondered what day of the week does each episode come out on?
And when are the subtitles done by?

-ill see if episode 9 is subbed tomorrow or something
=D can't wait to watch it
Lucky Star is aired in Japan at around 8:00AM Sundays PST (I dunno what the equivalent is in Japan time).

Subs... this is a question that could get you into a bit of trouble if you ask in the wrong places. AFK (the subs that I watch) are as of now the fastest and for the past 2 episodes have released it around Tuesdays (summer vacation?), but before it took like a week. Just because it gets done fast doesn't mean that you should expect them to do it fast.
Old 2007-06-03, 15:32   Link #24
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Right...

About the ED this episode, the title is 木枯らしに抱かれて (Kogarashi Ni Dakarete)

The interesting thing is, here is what I assumed to be the original song, out in 1986:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttscx...elated&search=
As the ED mentions Kyonkyon (the fan abbreviation of Koizumi Kyoko, and 1980s idol singer), the former is the reference.
Old 2007-06-03, 15:34   Link #25
krln99

Alright episode, but not as funny as previous ones. The best part was the all-you-can-eat restaurant. They didn't wanna get charged a leftover fee so they were stuffing themselves.
Old 2007-06-03, 17:09   Link #26
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedai View Post
hi ive just started to watch Lucky Star this week,and am up to date with it. I just wondered what day of the week does each episode come out on? And when are the subtitles done by?....
Its first showing of the week is at midnight Sunday nights in Japan, which would be 3pm Sundays GMT. I checked tokyotosho, and over the past two weeks, the first English subs came out Tuesday 8pm and Wednesday noon, GMT. Chinese subs come out within 24 hours of the broadcast.

I liked Kagami this week. There is a nice freshness in her voice, and the tsuntsun seems gentler, somehow. Konata continues to slay me. And Tsukasa can be as cute as she likes, as far as I'm concerned. For me, this show doesn't have to "decide what it is." It's many things.

I enjoyed the ED. No doubt these little snippets are partly meant to make us buy the CD to hear more. It's working, lol. Aaya was closer to herself as KyonKyon (thanks, kj1980) than to Konata as KyonKyon, but I for one am not complaining. She certainly followed the director's injunction to sing as close to the original version as possible. Thanks for the links to the original and the Springs version. I'm sure no-one involved will complain if this sells a few copies of the Springs version, but I deeply doubt Aaya is going to go back to Springs, where she was the second- or third-featured voice, on most songs I've seen.

I have to wait for a sub to really judge the episode, since I missed too many of the lines the first time through.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-06-03, 17:28   Link #27
aedai
*3*

Send a message via AIM to aedai Send a message via MSN to aedai Send a message via Yahoo to aedai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konata-chan View Post
Lucky Star is aired in Japan at around 8:00AM Sundays PST (I dunno what the equivalent is in Japan time).

Subs... this is a question that could get you into a bit of trouble if you ask in the wrong places. AFK (the subs that I watch) are as of now the fastest and for the past 2 episodes have released it around Tuesdays (summer vacation?), but before it took like a week. Just because it gets done fast doesn't mean that you should expect them to do it fast.
Ill just say that on wednesday it might be out subbed then ^^and watch it
it would of been good on a tuesday though since i have like anime days..
well a certain anime episode is released on a certain day :P
Old 2007-06-03, 17:42   Link #28
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tsukuyomi View Post
Seriously, what movie they went to watch... Is it actually Saw III???
Not sure if that's the one they actually watched (altough that would explain Tsukasa's reaction), but the image in the marquee looks like poster for Saw III:

Did Kagami told Tsukasa not to drink water, but until the end? If so, that is the well known method to prevent oneself to feel full .

I'll have to wait for the subs for a better understanding.
Old 2007-06-03, 21:22   Link #29
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Episode 9 screencaps .... lots and lots of Kagami goodness, heck, lots of goodness from the others as well.
Old 2007-06-03, 23:10   Link #30
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Akira makes a blantant Akari of Toheart reference on Tsukasa, and Shiraishi cuts her off with Mikuru song.
This is the second time they make a Tsukasa=Akari joke on the show.

Also, I cracked up at the infinite 1UP from turtle bouncing on stairs of original Super Mario bros at the preview for next episode.
Even talks about the 129 cap and roll over. Good stuff.
Old 2007-06-04, 02:18   Link #31
Telliamed
sensei no pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by krln99 View Post
The best part was the all-you-can-eat restaurant. They didn't wanna get charged a leftover fee so they were stuffing themselves.
Kagami should have been wearing her birthday present during that scene.

So much of this show revolves around eating. If this is ever broadcast in the US, will it be on Cartoon Network, Fuse.... Or the Food Network?
Old 2007-06-04, 12:06   Link #32
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post

Also, I cracked up at the infinite 1UP from turtle bouncing on stairs of original Super Mario bros at the preview for next episode.
Even talks about the 129 cap and roll over. Good stuff.
I remember my cousins boyfriend showing me how to do that. You had to line it up to like the exact pixel though otherwise it would hit you or go right past you. Then your lives status would go from numbers to whatever symbols the game had in its font in the next memory block as a result of limited memory or whatever (the 129 cap as you say). I don't know why it was that number though.
Old 2007-06-04, 15:16   Link #33
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I remember my cousins boyfriend showing me how to do that. You had to line it up to like the exact pixel though otherwise it would hit you or go right past you. Then your lives status would go from numbers to whatever symbols the game had in its font in the next memory block as a result of limited memory or whatever (the 129 cap as you say). I don't know why it was that number though.
I forgot the Japanese site that actually checked the ROM for this limit, but I recall it was because the programming bit had up to 128 lives as a positive number, but as soon as when it reached 129 and beyond it resets itself to zero and negative number. Hence once you die with above 129 lives, the game thinks that you have zero (or negative lives left) so it is instantaneous GAME OVER.
Old 2007-06-04, 15:20   Link #34
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

a new mystery girl? And the Lucky Star girls doing the ROCKY bit? Kinda cool wanna give it a 10 already! ^__^, but I need to see the RAWS 1st and the subs...
Old 2007-06-04, 19:29   Link #35
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
I forgot the Japanese site that actually checked the ROM for this limit, but I recall it was because the programming bit had up to 128 lives as a positive number, but as soon as when it reached 129 and beyond it resets itself to zero and negative number. Hence once you die with above 129 lives, the game thinks that you have zero (or negative lives left) so it is instantaneous GAME OVER.
I'm probably wrong on the specifics, but the game probably used a 8 bits to store lives. Normally, a 8 bits stores values between 0 to 255, but the one in Super Mario Bros. probably used -127 to 128. Once the lives counter reached 128 and the player gains an additional life, the counter "rolls over" and becomes -127.
Old 2007-06-04, 20:59   Link #36
krln99

I liked this episode a bit more after watching it a 2nd time. I love how Kona got OWNED on the "sushi personality" website. The all-you-can-eat desert bar was funny because it showed how damn cheap Kona and Kagami were. (This is one trait they have in common). They were like, "No! We can't pay an extra fee for leftovers!"
Old 2007-06-05, 14:40   Link #37
archanfels

Hmmm, somehow this one turns out to be the most boring episode for me yet... I giggled here and there but overall was bored throughout the 30 min span.

I will watch it again later and hopefully it will change my mind.
Old 2007-06-05, 18:42   Link #38
Wildrice
Closet Otaku

9 is out by afk!
Old 2007-06-05, 21:26   Link #39
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I do wonder what drama show Tsukasa was talking about.

Blood type convo was lost to me. But then again, being non-Japanese, I guess it has always has. (I remember playing Growlanser and thought, wtf, my blood type has an effect on my personality?) Same thing with the buffet that charges extra for more leftovers, since the buffets I go to don't really give a damn as they already charge enormous prices already. Same thing also with bargain sales according to which baseball team is in the finals, as I understand each baseball team has a big company sponsor behind it, which really is not seen here in North America, right? Cultural gap, I must say. ^^;

More and more though, it seems Miyuki is like just a friend only in school. I mean, how come she doesn't hang out with the gang after school hours, beach episode notwithstanding? Then again, considering where this comes from, Miyuki is probably off doing ojousama type activities that takes up much of her time after school.

Still, Miyuki = win this time around. Minesweeper was one of my favorite games back then, though I never really finished expert even once since I love beating beginner under 8 seconds over and over again. The eye drop scene, though, was the best part of the ep for me. Miyuki finally oozes her Moe attributes and the scene was just lol hilarious for me, as my imagination of Kona's face is running wild. XD

As for Lucky Channel, still doing good for me. Though I'm kinda confused on how this is the third character they have introduced (was it only Konata before this, right?). Still, Minoru taking Akira's picture was funny, since despite's Akira's efforts to be cute, Minoru still ends up making her look like her angry self. And stiffy shots? *giggle* But you can't forget about...

Mi-Mi-Mirakuru Minorun-run!

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2007-06-05, 21:36   Link #40
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I do wonder what drama show Tsukasa was talking about.

Blood type convo was lost to me. But then again, being non-Japanese, I guess it has always has. (I remember playing Growlanser and thought, wtf, my blood type has an effect on my personality?) Same thing with the buffet that charges extra for more leftovers, since the buffets I go to don't really give a damn as they already charge enormous prices already. Same thing also with bargain sales according to which baseball team is in the finals, as I understand each baseball team has a big company sponsor behind it, which really is not seen here in North America, right? Cultural gap, I must say. ^^;

More and more though, it seems Miyuki is like just a friend only in school. I mean, how come she doesn't hang out with the gang after school hours, beach episode notwithstanding? Then again, considering where this comes from, Miyuki is probably off doing ojousama type activities that takes up much of her time after school.

Still, Miyuki = win this time around. Minesweeper was one of my favorite games back then, though I never really finished expert even once since I love beating beginner under 8 seconds over and over again. The eye drop scene, though, was the best part of the ep for me. Miyuki finally oozes her Moe attributes and the scene was just lol hilarious for me, as my imagination of Kona's face is running wild. XD

As for Lucky Channel, still doing good for me. Though I'm kinda confused on how this is the third character they have introduced (was it only Konata before this, right?). Still, Minoru taking Akira's picture was funny, since despite's Akira's efforts to be cute, Minoru still ends up making her look like her angry self. And stiffy shots? *giggle* But you can't forget about...

Mi-Mi-Mirakuru Minorun-run!
That blood type theory is a pretty commonly held belief in Japan. Here's the wiki article on it.
Closed Thread