AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Kai Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 39 44.32%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 39.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 11.36%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.27%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.27%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-09, 18:59   Link #61
komichi

At the end of the spoilerish preview when Rika said 'ippei utemiru' what does that mean? I brought it up because I thought she stole Jigoku Shoujo's trademark, then remembering that Enma Ai said 'ippei shintemiru'.
Old 2007-09-09, 19:32   Link #62
kitedragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahasuerus View Post
I cracked up when Rika said that Oyashiro-sama won't curse Satoko because he thinks she's cute
Wait, did Rika really call Oyashiro-sama a guy? I actually didn't notice...

[inappropriate part removed by a moderator. Reason: even if it is in the preview, i would like this not being mentioned, as the preview is not a part of the actual episode.]
Old 2007-09-09, 19:57   Link #63
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah I agree that Onibaba was more likely impressed with Keiichi. Could be in her plan to have him marry Mion down the road. Just look at what he's accomplished here. He's united the village in an effort to save Satoko. His ability to bring people together and convince them through his words is something that they'd love to have in the family. Besides anyone standing up to her and not just cowering in terror when she looked really pissed is someone you want on your side. Someone that will stand by his friends regardless of the danger.

He's certainly come a long way from the paranoia he fell victim to at the start of the first season. Agree that those scenarios where Keiichi never came there would be the darkest ones. He's got the power and will to break through obstacles and without him Rika would never have a chance.

At any rate I really enjoyed this week. They are building up the story slowly but well which is hard to wait for but well worth what they are putting in here. Besides after seeing all this and that Onibaba ain't such a bad person after all makes me feel bad for what happened to her back when Shion snapped.

Hard to believe things can still go bad after all the breaking of fate we've seen. Actually it's a bit depressing if it can still go bad after all this what chance does the final arc have? Don't have any idea what is going to happen next week, but just can't wait.
Old 2007-09-09, 20:19   Link #64
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Shmion has a father? And I thought the Sonozaki family reproduced asexually...
Old 2007-09-09, 23:15   Link #65
Hikikomori Ja nai
Pony-tails Turn me on >_<

Send a message via AIM to Hikikomori Ja nai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I won't exactly want to start any subs (flame)wars. But the preview isn't only the issue (though not important considering how spoilerish it is... wondering if Hauu~ will still include it) but also the subs themselves. (the Kejime makes almost NO SENSE...)
Hauu .ass file is available (quite late, but very nifty)

as for the "Gar", it means the manly adjective..."the man of the man", pure manliness ^^"
Spoiler for 2 origins of the words... saving space and offtopic:

it is... ugh.... 4:30AM... 2 hours and half late but...
meh here is the analysis of this episode
Episode 10 : Summary, Thoughts and random comments

Thank you for the heads up...
Old 2007-09-10, 00:03   Link #66
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Keiichi shows us his fighting spirit which he is so famous for. I am actually impressed by him a little bit more in this episode. You have to admit if your name has reached the ears of the Sonozakis then you are either in trouble or someone of interest. Keiichi shows us how certain groups keep power. Everyone is so scared of the Sonozakis no one dares oppose them. But look how they reacted to Keiichi it seemed rude but Shion/Mions mom thought it Chivalry. In sticking with what he believes is right Keiichi has managed to pull elders and just about everyone else to his cause. I cant think of a better example of one person can make a difference. In a way this seems the theme for arc as Rika has thrown all her trust into believing in Keiichi. Although i know better than to get my hopes with Higurashi Keiichi seems to be the key to it all as a person who was not raised in the Hinamizawa he maintains a kind of brashness or straight forwardness that gets things done hes a natural leader. I guess the next episode will be a deciding factor. But even if they save Satoko without violence Watanagashi festival is only 5 days away so they is still plenty of time for things to go horribly and bloody wrong.

With Oryo saying give Keiichi all the support he needs with anything i couldnt help but to think that the Sonozakis are going to try to marry of Mion to him. I can see it already but you have to admit having a MionXKeiichi rule of the Sonozakis might not be such a bad thing. And please let it be Mion we saw what happen when she didnt get the stuff animal god knows what would happen if ended up with Shion
Old 2007-09-10, 00:10   Link #67
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Shion has her Satoshi-Kun

It's Rena that Mion has to keep a eye on

But personally I'm rooting for K1XTommy....

Just kidding
Old 2007-09-10, 01:13   Link #68
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitedragon View Post
Wait, did Rika really call Oyashiro-sama a guy? I actually didn't notice...
The s/he issue isn't exactly easy to pick. Basically, in japanese, you are not forced to repeat the "subject", as it is already implied. She didn't use any word for oyashiro-sama after the first part of the sentence. The best idea is to repeat the same subject tought it is really redundant in same case.

Since oyashiro-sama was always known as "god" and not as a "goddess", it looks a bit more logic to use a "he". Also, by default, even if a deity doesn't have a gender, it is usually masculine in general for any language.
But Rika never implied Oyashiro is either a He or a She, but you can obviously see here that it is a she (if people still think hanyuu isn't oyashiro ^^")

as for the pairing... huh...
I believe RenaXKeiichi and MionxKeiichi are quite cute... try daybreak for this (still the former looks much more intense, if you compare Onikakushi/Tsumihoroboshi with Watanagashi/Meakashi (even if it is Shion ))
Old 2007-09-10, 01:54   Link #69
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

But Rika does use the boy "I" when she refers to herself as one of the TIPS points out

and Klashikari I agree with you about how the MionXK1 pairing seems much more intense in Watanagashi/Meakashi then RenaXK1 pairing in Onikakushi/Tsumihoroboshi but thats because the Mion feelings for K1 was what fulled the arcs
Old 2007-09-10, 03:27   Link #70
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
But Rika does use the boy "I" when she refers to herself as one of the TIPS points out
No, the thing i was talking about is oyashiro, and generally speaking, it is "clear" when you refer to someone as a s/he... but MUCH harder for things like a concept (even item, you have to know about the context as there is no "singular/plural" or whatsoever), while you have peculiar cases when girls use "boku" (but that... it is not that common ^^')
It is kinda very vulgar to refer girls with "aitsu/koitsu" IIRC
Quote:
and Klashikari I agree with you about how the MionXK1 pairing seems much more intense in Watanagashi/Meakashi then RenaXK1 pairing in Onikakushi/Tsumihoroboshi but thats because the Mion feelings for K1 was what fulled the arcs
errr... you mistook my opinion, I sincerely believe the opposite (thus the former => RxK)
The thing is Keiichi does see Mion as a boy, and it is hard to say if it is something as intense as "love" when he was trying to help "Mion" (despite being shion )
that said, his interactions with Rena in both Onikakushi and Tsumihoroboshi are so cute it is almost criminal ^^" (the manga version of onikakushi is even more blatant XD)

that said, considering the added pairing for MxK in daybreak kai, you can tell Ryukishi doesn't confirm any of them. (much like for the real thing, in daybreak, i prefer RxK ^^")
at this rate, will we have a "romance thread"? huh... that looks too poor
Old 2007-09-10, 08:04   Link #71
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

But they do have one in the Code Geass thread
Old 2007-09-10, 09:08   Link #72
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

They are building up the whole thing slowly, but very nicely. Can't wait to see the whole mob confront Teppei and (hopefully) kick his sorry behind out of the village.

Did anyone say romance ? Rena x Keiichi easily trumps K x M ... as Klashikari said, their interactions can be absurdly cute Though we won't be seeing a thread anytime soon - it would be nothing short of KxR vs KxM, with the odd Shion/Satashi post ... not exactly needed
Old 2007-09-10, 09:31   Link #73
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

I thought that bit was from a TIP we'd already past, and not that important anyway, but okay, sorry.

Didn't Rika say in the last episode that she was going to start playing an active role in changing fate? She's still just letting Keiichi do everything...

And stupid Keiichi, you should be picking up on the information Rika's dropping, going on and on about fate and 100+ years, etc...

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2007-09-10 at 13:11.
Old 2007-09-10, 10:58   Link #74
Kazuki_Kun

Nooo ;-; it should be K1xMion.

Don't get me wrong, I love Rena, but I just love how Mion has a big crush on him, has has her secret sweet side; it's so cute. xD

Anyways, getting back on topic, the was a pretty good episode, I like how everything is being unveiled. XD
Old 2007-09-10, 16:47   Link #75
Mnemosyne
Ruler of the Universe

heh... i was amused by that Enma Ai moment at the end of the preview... i'm glad someone else noticed it? ^^;;

anyway, as i have no idea what's coming, the waiting between episodes is murderous...
Old 2007-09-10, 17:31   Link #76
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well I think it's less Rika letting Keiichi do everything rather than he's the most suitable for the roll of rallying troops. Would have to believe she has tried to gatehr support and knows who can do that. She's already made her battle in this saving Satoko saga as the one to convince her to seek help.

Just to toss in, do have a slight preference for the KxM pairing but that isn't saying I don't like Rena either. Mostly just liked Mion's reactions to things that happen. Especially that scene in season 1 where he just hugged her and apologized, of course no clue on her part what was going on .

Anyways let's bring on more next week.
Old 2007-09-10, 17:39   Link #77
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
I thought that bit was from a TIP we'd already past, and not that important anyway, but okay, sorry.

Didn't Rika say in the last episode that she was going to start playing an active role in changing fate? She's still just letting Keiichi do everything...

And stupid Keiichi, you should be picking up on the information Rika's dropping, going on and on about fate and 100+ years, etc...
Something I saw on another forum.

Quote:
One of the things we are missing in the anime is the point-of-view shifts. The visual novel games have you "play" as Rika for a few chapters (all the text you read is 1st person from Rika's POV), then for a few chapters you "play" as Keiichi, then it changes back to Rika. The reason for that strange change in focus between 9 and 10 is that one of those POV shifts occurred. It's often done so that you come back to a character you'd previously left hanging for a bit of an "ahh, so *that*'s what was happening..." realization.
Old 2007-09-11, 15:42   Link #78
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Lightbulb Heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac Glycoside View Post
I interpreted that line as "kill his sorry ass."
I didn't interpret it that way at all:

Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-11, 15:46   Link #79
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Exclamation Ah yes that too

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaOnna View Post
I was under the impress that Onibaba wanted him to become Mion's future husband. Besides, Keiichi would have no trouble become co-leader of the Sonozaki house, especially with his Kool mode. XD

Anyway, are there any TIPS that go with this episode? There's only a few left for Minagoroshi-hen.
You thought that too?

Spoiler:

I think that could be quite intriguing actually.

And let me say something about that preview. Were they crazy? I realize that
half the time you're focusing on the insane things the presenters are saying but
if you concentrate on the video content - don't do it.

The copy I have is a bit blurred so I don't believe it spoiled much, at least, I'm
pretty sure that I'm pretending it didn't. But don't you watch it.

Anyway, I'm really, really digging this - even moreso than season one..

I purposely waited for 10 episodes to be out and then watched all ten
in one big mindblowing chunk.
Old 2007-09-11, 16:07   Link #80
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb View Post
You thought that too?

Spoiler:

I think that could be quite intriguing actually.

And let me say something about that preview. Were they crazy? I realize that
half the time you're focusing on the insane things the presenters are saying but
if you concentrate on the video content - don't do it.

The copy I have is a bit blurred so I don't believe it spoiled much, at least, I'm
pretty sure that I'm pretending it didn't. But don't you watch it.

Anyway, I'm really, really digging this - even moreso than season one..

I purposely waited for 10 episodes to be out and then watched all ten
in one big mindblowing chunk.
That's some patience. I couldn't do that.
Closed Thread