AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-13, 11:13   Link #81
Solecs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
Apologies for the double post.

So I have a fairly big question to ask given the current course of the anime. Now that we can see that the animators are going for broke with the stupid Faldio x Alicia subplot it begs the question:

Spoiler for Game Spoiler:

I'm certainly enjoying the anime for the train-wreck potential is all I can say.
There's also another thing they seemingly cut out:

Spoiler for game spoiler:
Old 2009-07-15, 05:07   Link #82
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Seeing them handle the Isara and Rosie story already makes me worry that we won't see you know what happen to Rosie later on. Though saying that. Rosie did say in this episode that she was singing for everyone, and when Isara dies she'll be singing just for her.

Hmmm..
Old 2009-07-17, 04:49   Link #83
Solecs

This might be a bit early but, aside from the Isara and Rosie subplot and what comes of it, there is another subplot that the game thread reminded me of.

Spoiler for game spoilers:
Old 2009-07-24, 21:34   Link #84
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

On Max and Selvaria's subplot, I can only say that Max is Genre Blind. Seriously, never, ever underestimate anyone/anything, especially in war. Victory/defeat can be decided by some of the most insignificant things.
Old 2009-07-25, 03:37   Link #85
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I just can't see the anime killing off Selvaria. They'd probably do something cheap where she will live out her life in peace. Though if Max still dies then this show will officially blow, because it's not paying respects at all, and showing how important their relationship is, especially to Selvaria.
Old 2009-07-25, 05:39   Link #86
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I just can't see the anime killing off Selvaria. They'd probably do something cheap where she will live out her life in peace. Though if Max still dies then this show will officially blow, because it's not paying respects at all, and showing how important their relationship is, especially to Selvaria.
She'll probably kill Maximillian herself in some strange twist of fate. Perhaps she'll use the Flame of the Valkyrur and destroy the Marmota, etc.

I'm just saying...

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
Old 2009-07-25, 05:45   Link #87
kalbron

I can see it now!

About to sacrifice her own life to destroy the Marmota rather than return to her lobotomized boyfriend Welkin or the clingy jealous yandere Faldio who shot her, Alicia is stopped by Selvaria who tells her to go back to the ones who care for her!

Selvaria then goes and hugs Max before making herself go "BOOM". That day being saved, Alicia returns home to wipe the drool away from Welkin's slack-jawed mouth while simultaneously making out with !!!SUPER FALDIO!!! who singlehandedly defeated the rest of the Empire's army with a rusty spoon!
Old 2009-07-25, 08:52   Link #88
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Hmm...I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to ask in, but considering that this is involving speculations, I'll start here.

Anyone have any idea of what the rank badges look like? Or at the very least, what the rank markings on say...Edy's, Marina's, and Aisha's shoulders are? Sergeant and Lieutenant are easy enough because of Largo and Welkin respectively, but what about Corporal, or Private 1st/2nd Class?
Old 2009-07-25, 11:17   Link #89
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
Anyone have any idea of what the rank badges look like? Or at the very least, what the rank markings on say...Edy's, Marina's, and Aisha's shoulders are? Sergeant and Lieutenant are easy enough because of Largo and Welkin respectively, but what about Corporal, or Private 1st/2nd Class?
I'm afraid there's no way to answer that. The only corporals we meet ingame, Isara and Rosie, wear their own custom uniform without the shoulder badges (in the manga Rosie has the Sgt badge on it, but I wouldn't consider that accurate).

Marina and co all have the badge of private. I don't remember meeting a PFC at any point.

Captain (as worn by Varrot) is the same as lieutenant but the shield border around the three crowns is a larger more elaborate line.

Shouldn't that be in the settings thread btw?
Old 2009-07-27, 04:22   Link #90
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

In episode 17, Faldio finally takes notice of Alicia's healing power. That will start his investigation.
Old 2009-07-27, 05:07   Link #91
kalbron

Er. Except that it was what... Episode 5? 6? When he saw it first hand after she got "shot". That was the first time. Which he ignored. And didn't even realise anything when they went to the ruins.

So if he goes "Hurf Durf, I R A ACARACGEOLOGIST! ALICIA R VALKYRUR CUZ SHE IZ HEALIN'!" from seeing her heal then well... >_>
Old 2009-07-27, 05:17   Link #92
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Er. Except that it was what... Episode 5? 6? When he saw it first hand after she got "shot". That was the first time. Which he ignored. And didn't even realise anything when they went to the ruins.

So if he goes "Hurf Durf, I R A ACARACGEOLOGIST! ALICIA R VALKYRUR CUZ SHE IZ HEALIN'!" from seeing her heal then well... >_>
Yes i know, it's stupid. That's why i said he finally takes notice.
Old 2009-07-27, 10:15   Link #93
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:

Aside from the shot how would one come to the conclusion through the ruins? For all intents and purpose it was a trap door activated by a lever (I mean how many aren't like that?)

First time healing maybe but now that he's seen it a second time it's more than enough to draw some attention.
Old 2009-07-27, 17:10   Link #94
kalbron

The ruins spelled out for people who bothered to read them that:

A) Only Valkyria can enter them so they can read the true history.

B) The ruins said "WELCOME SISTER".

C) The ruins likely had explanations on the extent of the Valkyria's powers. I can't understand how Selvaria would know about the Valkyria's Final Flame otherwise. Healing likely would have been explained there as well.

Aside from the above, the smart, coldly logical game!Faldio would also notice that:

D) Maximillian was there with Selvaria. One of them must have opened the door.

E) Previous visits by Faldio and many many others turned up nothing from the ruins. No secret doors, no nothing.

F) Alicia opened a door with no issues.

So while none of it conclusively proves Alicia is a Valkyrur, a patriot like game!Faldio would consider it enough of a chance to continue to investigate.
Old 2009-07-27, 17:13   Link #95
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
A) Only Valkyria can enter them so they can read the true history.

B) The ruins said "WELCOME SISTER".

C) The ruins likely had explanations on the extent of the Valkyria's powers. I can't understand how Selvaria would know about the Valkyria's Final Flame otherwise. Healing likely would have been explained there as well.
So did they bother reading them? I don't recall Faldio reading anything, the only part we see him read is probably the Darcsen Calamity.
Old 2009-07-27, 21:53   Link #96
kalbron

That's what I'm saying though. In the anime, they didn't read them. And now they're destroyed. Therefore Faldio has a knowledge base about Valkyria about as large as he would about the military uses of Uranium in a world that doesn't have the atomic bomb. He knows zilch. Nada. Zip. Selvaria hasn't even really been unleashed upon soldiers in the anime yet, so all he knows about the Valkyria are the blatant fabrications which they themselves created to hide their purpose and history.

In the game, he goes on leave specifically to study the ruins. His squad faces Selvaria directly and gets devestated. He knows specific knowledge from the Valkyria themselves and has come into close contact with one.

In other words, there is nothing that he can base his hypothesis that Alicia is a Valkyria on in the anime. For all he knows she may just be a mutant human.
Old 2009-07-27, 22:48   Link #97
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
In other words, there is nothing that he can base his hypothesis that Alicia is a Valkyria on in the anime. For all he knows she may just be a mutant human.
Unless Faldio watch the OP... Because he's just that awesome.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
Old 2009-07-27, 22:50   Link #98
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
Unless Faldio watch the OP... Because he's just that awesome.
buwhahaha Cookies for that one
Old 2009-07-29, 15:22   Link #99
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Speaking of a general thought... when I remember the days of Gundam Seed Destiny and other series from 3-4 years ago, there used to be small spoilers in magazines announcing a little of what's to be seen in episodes ahead for all main anime series. How come there's nothing such these days?
Old 2009-07-30, 08:39   Link #100
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Speaking of a general thought... when I remember the days of Gundam Seed Destiny and other series from 3-4 years ago, there used to be small spoilers in magazines announcing a little of what's to be seen in episodes ahead for all main anime series. How come there's nothing such these days?
You mean episode summaries. I believe they still appear in magazines, though it's just finding someone who will translate them for you.