AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-03-16, 07:38   Link #221
OmegaWeaponZ

^Pro tip: You won't be dissapointed by the anime if you don't watch it.

...Forgive my bad meming skills >.>

^^ Well, Rokuro could have other wives and children (or Benio other husbands, if you consider a reverse harem), that much was not mentioned by the narrator. Its just that, so far, there has very little development in the harem department, with the character(female) who had the greatest likelihood of being included in a harem(Mayura) being shipped with someone else.

Imo, this is one series where I wouldn't want to see a harem end, but a total sortie would be good.
Old 2017-03-16, 09:02   Link #222
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex19 View Post
As much I dislike that his(Rokuro) arm was sealed, I do think that this experience can only do him good. That arm is strong, but he can't rely on it every time.

Regarding Benio's guardian...on the wiki they call her(?)
Spoiler for the name:
which explains Kuzunoha's reaction. If you ask me both the one in the spoiler and Shuten Douji would fit as Benio's guardian.

Tenma seems to be aware of Rokuro relationship with Abe no Seimei. I mean, just look at chapter 36.
@bold: Yes, I know. Rokuro called her "mom," seemingly by instinct or something, and then wondered why he said that, and Tenma was looking at him with a sad expression on his face. That, right? But while I do think it could mean that Tenma knows, couldn't it also just be him wondering why Rokuro called her "mom"?

Spoiler for manga spoiler:
But if she got her powers back, shouldn't it still be one of those two like before? I don't think it can change. I just hope Kuzunoha doesn't pulverize it again the next time Benio meets Sayo.

@Omega: Yeah, I also agree with you about it being better for this series to not have a True Harem ending. It'd be better with an OTP ending. Rokuro x Benio FTW.

Edit: Something I want to clarify about my earlier points about Arima sealing the power of Rokuro's right arm. I also know it's a good thing that Rokuro stands to benefit from. This is a good chance for him to train and become stronger without having to use the power of his right arm, so that he can also be that much stronger when he does use it again. That might also be the true reason why Arima did that first place: he wants Rokuro to get stronger without having to rely on the power of his right arm, as he noticed that he relies on it too much for his own good. I just hope there's a way to break the seal earlier than Arima said it'd be undone normally.

[My Signature size should be completely fine; I even checked it. So what's the problem?]

Last edited by DragonOsman; 2017-03-16 at 14:28.
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-20, 14:16   Link #223
Rex19

DragonOsman @ Yeah, that part.

I just can't see Tenma make that kind of face and stay silent if he wasn't aware of Rokuro relationship with Abe no Seimei. I'm pretty sure that Tenma would have reacted in a very different way otherwise.

You right regarding Benio and her Guardian. But I am sure that she will able to think something to avoid to lose her power again. Maybe she will able to convince Kuzunoha somehow?

Spoiler for Kuzunoha:
Rex19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-20, 15:38   Link #224
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
I only wonder why? Why the need to totally screw up a story that's only becoming better?
You're kidding, right?

I know the anime is crap, but come on. The manga is in the middle of a freaking tournament arc, one of the most boring and overused shounen manga plotlines there is. Also, Benio has been out of the story for almost 10 chapters. That's almost a year in real time.

The manga isn't getting better. It became significantly worse lately.
Old 2017-03-20, 15:42   Link #225
xrick

But to me, it's still way better than the Anime, despite having fallen to typical shounen manga storytelling.
Old 2017-03-20, 16:27   Link #226
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Benio should be getting her powers back soon now, what with Kamui bringing her to the first Basara who apparently has a way to restore her powers (I smell something fishy here, but we'll see). [I'm also a fan of Shinmai Maou, so whenever I read or type "Basara" here, I'm reminded of the main male lead in Shinmai Maou since his name is also Basara.]

@Rex: Yeah, hopefully there's a way for Benio to not lose her powers again the next time she meets Sayo and Kuzunoha. Can maybe she or Rokuro convince Kuzunoha to not pulverize her Enchanted Guardian again?

In case it was missed, I'll post it here again (from my "Edit" in my previous post):

Quote:
Edit: Something I want to clarify about my earlier points about Arima sealing the power of Rokuro's right arm. I also know it's a good thing that Rokuro stands to benefit from. This is a good chance for him to train and become stronger without having to use the power of his right arm, so that he can also be that much stronger when he does use it again. That might also be the true reason why Arima did that first place: he wants Rokuro to get stronger without having to rely on the power of his right arm, as he noticed that he relies on it too much for his own good. I just hope there's a way to break the seal earlier than Arima said it'd be undone normally.

[My Signature size should be completely fine; I even checked it. So what's the problem?]
Old 2017-03-20, 17:05   Link #227
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Can maybe she or Rokuro convince Kuzunoha to not pulverize her Enchanted Guardian again?
If her guardian can't even beat Kuzunoha, Benio won't ever get strong enough to fight the most powerful enemies.
Old 2017-03-20, 17:21   Link #228
DragonOsman
Dragon King

It's Kuzunoha and her retainers, though, not just Kuzunoha herself. I think Benio can become strong enough. And the main point is the Twin Star Exorcists teaming up to fight the stronger enemies, anyway. That's their main strength.

Old 2017-03-20, 22:03   Link #229
Kazu-kun

Quote:
It's Kuzunoha and her retainers, though, not just Kuzunoha herself.
That doesn't matter. Point is, they're not as strong as the antagonists. If Benio can't deal with that, it means she's still too weak.

Quote:
And the main point is the Twin Star Exorcists teaming up to fight the stronger enemies, anyway. That's their main strength.
It has never been like that though. Rokuro always did most of the work, with Benio only acting as support.

The question is what does the author want for Benio know. Does she wants her to keep being just support, or does she want her to step up her game and become strong enough to be Rokuro's true partner and fight besides him at the same level?

We'll have to wait and see, but I personally don't have much hopes. I think the manga took many shit decisions already.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2017-03-21 at 15:58.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-21, 15:57   Link #230
DragonOsman
Dragon King

You don't seem to get what I meant. What I'm trying to say is that the retainers together are probably strong enough to take out any Enchanted Guardian, because the whole point of them being there is to destroy evil Enchanted Guardians. It wouldn't make sense for them to be weaker than any of the Enchanted Guardians they'd have to destroy if it came to that. So the main take-away isn't that Benio's Guardian is too weak, it's that Kuzonaha's retainers all together are that strong. If Rokuro's Guardian had been evil, but at the same level as Abe no Seimei, it would've been attacked by those retainers. And all of them did come out that time. In that case, Rokuro's Enchanted Guardian would've been destroyed. Does that mean it's weak? Of course not. It just means that Kuzonoha's retainers all together are that strong.

Old 2017-03-21, 16:01   Link #231
Kazu-kun

Quote:
You don't seem to get what I meant. What I'm trying to say is that the retainers together are probably strong enough to take out any Enchanted Guardian, because the whole point of them being there is to destroy evil Enchanted Guardians. It wouldn't make sense for them to be weaker than any of the Enchanted Guardians they'd have to destroy if it came to that. So the main take-away isn't that Benio's Guardian is too weak, it's that Kuzonaha's retainers all together are that strong.
But definitely not as strong as the highest level Basara, so my point stands. If Benio can't deal with this, she's not strong enough for what's to come.

Quote:
If Rokuro's Guardian had been evil, but at the same level as Abe no Seimei, it would've been attacked by those retainers.
And it would kick their butts, since Abe no Seimai is probably the most powerful guarding out there.
Old 2017-03-21, 16:06   Link #232
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Again, the point is for them to be able to destroy evil Guardians. I think they can destroy any evil Guardian, no matter how strong.

Old 2017-03-21, 16:09   Link #233
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I think they can destroy any evil Guardian, no matter how strong.
That's speculation. I don't think they ever said something like that specifically.
Old 2017-03-21, 17:15   Link #234
DragonOsman
Dragon King

But that's still the main point. Or it wouldn't make sense to have that as a thing.

Also, please notice how strong the Basara was that Benio in her Guardian form fought (and even almost defeated). With her power mastered and with her being in control, she should be stronger than that. And she should be strong especially if her Guardian is Shuten Douji or Ahiya Damon. Shuten Douji was Abe no Seimei's rival and Ashiya Damon should also be around that level.

Tags
exorcist, harem, onmyoudo, shounen