AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2017-04-06, 20:25   Link #1041
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Note that they never mention what the other proposal from the Pentagon was at all in that article.
Old 2017-04-06, 20:33   Link #1042
Jaden

Yeah I don't even know what's real right now, some sources saying the attack is already underway.

http://ktla.com/2017/04/06/u-s-launc...nment-targets/ also reported on nbc, fox, etc.

Hoping from the bottom of my heart that it is actual fake news this time, but it looks like a traitor might have to get lynched.

edit: Yeah it's real. Fuck me for ever having given nods to Trump, and I did it mainly because I'm against this kind of interventionism.
Old 2017-04-06, 20:40   Link #1043
Wigwams

CNN and BBC are reporting american air strikes on syrian arifields.
Old 2017-04-06, 20:41   Link #1044
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Hold onto your butts people. Depending on whether or not any Russian personal got hit, things could get interesting uncomfortably fast.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-06, 20:47   Link #1045
Wigwams

i wonder how kim kong un is reacting to this. he knows he is probably a few launches away from getting the same treatment from trump.
Old 2017-04-06, 21:04   Link #1046
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well it is a return to the days when the US has a line you don't cross. You cross it, we blow stuff up.
Old 2017-04-06, 21:58   Link #1047
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Looks like Assad got overconfident thinking Trump wanting a better relationship with their ally Russia meant there will be no reprisals from the US in any action he does in the Civil War. Now the chemical attack he launched might be the one to destroy his regime.
Old 2017-04-06, 22:08   Link #1048
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well it is a return to the days when the US has a line you don't cross. You cross it, we blow stuff up.
Very much this. The biggest gripe (and there were not that many though) I had with Obama was his lack of ruthlessness on the Syrian question although he arguably had a stronger case (1,400 dead back then if the estimates were right) and a stronger group of allies to take action than Trump does now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Looks like Assad got overconfident thinking Trump wanting a better relationship with their ally Russia meant there will be no reprisals from the US in any action he does in the Civil War. Now the chemical attack he launched might be the one to destroy his regime.
In the category of most stupid moves in the context of a war, Assad wins the big prize for 2017. I never had sympathy for the guy, and I shall not have any now. No matter what Assad or Russia will claim, it is just plain stupid. Now they will reap what Assad sowed himself.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-06, 22:32   Link #1049
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Mind. The Trump admin was sending some mixed signals about that.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-06, 23:02   Link #1050
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Yeah I don't even know what's real right now, some sources saying the attack is already underway.

http://ktla.com/2017/04/06/u-s-launc...nment-targets/ also reported on nbc, fox, etc.

Hoping from the bottom of my heart that it is actual fake news this time, but it looks like a traitor might have to get lynched.

edit: Yeah it's real. Fuck me for ever having given nods to Trump, and I did it mainly because I'm against this kind of interventionism.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ke/100149890/#

Then again, if he restrains himself beyond this, Trump may win brownie points for deterring further chemical strikes and keeping further complications to a minimum; a balanced compromise
Old 2017-04-06, 23:48   Link #1051
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Well, calling this awkward would be a severe underestimation of the situation. To not escalate this situation was one of the few positive points about Trump, but that position can't hold from somebody without the intellectual capacity to interact with people on the world stage. And regardless of his own core values, he's impressionable enough that the last echo in the room would catalyze what he does moving forward
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-07, 00:07   Link #1052
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post

Trump hate club is in overcapacity so no new invitation are given out.

Good for Trump and his supporters. Depending on how he plays this he might raise his national standing and might even start a war with Russia which was one of the reason some folks didn't vote for the hawkish Hilary.

I still approve the strike on the airfield and will thoroughly enjoy the panic it might cause to some of the Trump voters who will be ruing the implications in the coming days.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-07, 01:04   Link #1053
Key Board
Carbon

North Korea might be next
make both Russia and China nervous
what could go wrong
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-07, 03:56   Link #1054
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
might even start a war with Russia which was one of the reason some folks didn't vote for the hawkish Hilary.
Oh yeah, the mental gymnastics those made with "Trump might not do everything he promised." and "Hillary will do everything we suspect she might do, judging from her past record."
Old 2017-04-07, 08:09   Link #1055
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
But it's not like we don't have such situations today, just think of the "green men" on Crimea or yesterday's US missle attack on a Syria military airport, both were unilateral and not in accordance with international law, but it's not like either side cared about that, they cared about the political/power gain they can get from such actions.
Yeah, I swear, I heard someone defending Trump's intervention as a means of getting one over the Democrats so now they won't be able to veto his Supreme Court candidates any more. Like that makes his complete (and predictable) 180 on the topic better... the one thing that shows like YS get me to is feel frankly sorry for those who are in the military and have to put up with this shit, like, I can understand feeling like you want to put your life in the line for the safety of your country, but I frankly couldn't do that unless it was an "enlist to defend from the enemy invasion that's happening RIGHT NOW" situation. Most of the times you'll just be sent around the world to die or kill in the name of some asshole wanting to score political points, how the fuck can you actually feel invested in risking your own life as well as living with the guilt of having ended other lives for something as trivial as that.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-07, 09:11   Link #1056
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Oh yeah, the mental gymnastics those made with "Trump might not do everything he promised." and "Hillary will do everything we suspect she might do, judging from her past record."

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump...IR=T&r=US&IR=T

She would have done the same...by her own words
Old 2017-04-07, 09:52   Link #1057
Applehell

Okay after reading this more, I'm of two minds. As a response to Assad's recent inhumane actions it was apporiapate surprisingly measured for Trump. Especially after Assad had just lied about dislosing of his chemical weapons.

On the otherhand the procedures and method bring about this action like everything Trump does leaves a worrying predecessor. No word to Congress, the U.N Security Council, other U.S. allies or various departments in the government. At least when Obama pushed for same thing back in 2013 he through the proper channels for it and keep a level of shared responiblity.

Frankly I have no faith in Trump handling this situation delicately which is why I'm still worried what might happen next, but as anti-Trump as I am this one of very few good things I feel he's done. Maybe it have an unexpected side effect of curbing some fuckery going down in N.Korea.

Last edited by Applehell; 2017-04-07 at 11:17.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-07, 10:08   Link #1058
tiatiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Yeah, I swear, I heard someone defending Trump's intervention as a means of getting one over the Democrats so now they won't be able to veto his Supreme Court candidates any more. Like that makes his complete (and predictable) 180 on the topic better... the one thing that shows like YS get me to is feel frankly sorry for those who are in the military and have to put up with this shit, like, I can understand feeling like you want to put your life in the line for the safety of your country, but I frankly couldn't do that unless it was an "enlist to defend from the enemy invasion that's happening RIGHT NOW" situation. Most of the times you'll just be sent around the world to die or kill in the name of some asshole wanting to score political points, how the fuck can you actually feel invested in risking your own life as well as living with the guilt of having ended other lives for something as trivial as that.
i watch cnn arent this attack caused by sarin gas attack used by syrian goverment so trump launching misslle to hit only in the airport and trump got both party support and the only complain is they want the congress to vote before the attack

and isnt this problem caused and pushed because both democrats and media want it they attack trump so much all this time to attack syria and russia
democrats senator even said russian hack is an act of war and want trump to retaliate to prove he is not putin dog
Old 2017-04-07, 10:25   Link #1059
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatiu View Post
i watch cnn arent this attack caused by sarin gas attack used by syrian goverment so trump launching misslle to hit only in the airport and trump got both party support and the only complain is they want the congress to vote before the attack
Well, that's the purported reason... personally, seeing what happened in Iraq, I think this is freaking stupid. They have no plan, they only risk making a mess, then hurriedly pull out leaving a power vacuum that will be filled by some even more dangerous asshole. Even if the whole of Congress agrees it doesn't mean it's a smart thing to do, the US keep going on with this policy of "fire first, think later" and it keeps biting them in the ass since freakin' Vietnam.

My other fanfiction can be found here.

Last edited by Gan_HOPE326; 2017-04-08 at 15:51.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-07, 11:02   Link #1060
GDB

The biggest issue is that there's still questions about whether Assad was actually responsible or not. And rather than getting to the bottom of things, he just launched missiles.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote