AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > News & Politics

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2017-12-06, 05:32   Link #1461
Ithekro
The Comet has Come
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 41
Mind you they are forcing an impeachment vote sometime today.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-06, 07:21   Link #1462
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Racist??? Let me ask you, why did you feel the need to add "black" to describe president Obama? Do you usually add "white" to describe 40+ other president that came before Obama? Your silly bait irked me so the condescending tone was necessary to drive home I'm not holding Obama as someone special because he was the first black president this country had. He's just another president.
Because it's been clear for about 9 years now that the GOP lost their minds at a black man being elected President. There's no real question about this.

Quote:
Now to get back to the point of this silly argument you baited me into. At no point did I said anything about democrats in congress voting party-over-country.
"Key legislation" generally implies the people actually voting on said legislation: Congress.

Quote:
An example of democrats' voting party-over-country is the fucking ACA. They had the votes in both houses of congress and yet they could not come up with something better than the ACA.
Didn't they only have the exact number needed? And one was Lieberman, a former republican who was democrat in name only for the most part. He was the hold up that forced it to be watered down. That and trying to appease republicans for some reason, who still didn't vote for it.

Quote:
I hope that was a good enough example of Democratic lawmakers voting party over country. Also don't forget lawmakers are representative of the people that elect them, meaning those people, in a way, are voting party over country.
Implying the ACA was bad for the country. It may have been bad for a small percentage of people, but it was good for a much larger percentage. Hence why repeal is so unpopular.

Quote:
Why don't you list all the good he did. You asserted that Fox News riled the GOP base into a frenzy. How did they accomplish that? So I pointed out those examples of Obama's hiccups for your benefit and to show how Fox News had plenty of ammunition to fill their time slots regularly.
They got people into a frenzy because he used Dijon mustard or wore a brown suit for god's sake. Stop acting like they're sane. As for the rest, I'll get back to that after work. But right off the bat actually I'd list the ACA as good, rebuilding the economy that Bush damaged, increased jobs, etc.

Quote:
Most of the Trump supporters seem to think he is doing a bang-up job. Whatever he is doing obviously good for them. but.... I will name one anyway.... during the first couple of months of Trump in the office the flow of illegal immigration has fallen by more than 90%.
His supporters also believe his lies that are easily disputed with video evidence, such as "I never said that", well there's a video proving otherwise. They still side with him. And you're going to have to source that immigration number, because everything I've seen has shown that Obama actually cracked down on illegal immigration harder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Mind you they are forcing an impeachment vote sometime today.
First I've heard of this. Can't find any articles/reports about it either.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-06, 07:36   Link #1463
Ithekro
The Comet has Come
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post



First I've heard of this. Can't find any articles/reports about it either.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp

Rep. Al Green of Texas is going to try to force the issues day.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-06, 08:18   Link #1464
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
His supporters also believe his lies that are easily disputed with video evidence, such as "I never said that", well there's a video proving otherwise. They still side with him. And you're going to have to source that immigration number, because everything I've seen has shown that Obama actually cracked down on illegal immigration harder.
But it's Trump who made the US unattractive enough that migration's going the other way! (Kidding. It was like that before.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-06, 12:43   Link #1465
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
You said it was okay for republican voters to vote against their interests because somehow, somewhen, without specifying, democrat voters did it.
I don't see how that is possible when I was talking specifically about democratic voters/congress. I don't even
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-06, 14:30   Link #1466
Key Board
Carbon
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Question: does the GOP voter base, not politicians, believe in trickle down economics?
because how are you ever going to push policies that make things better for the working class if they already believe that
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-06, 16:13   Link #1467
ChuckE
Provoker
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dreamland
Finally something on Jerusalem...It could be dragged forever. Now wait and see how it will play.
__________________
Dominus factotum
ChuckE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-06, 17:12   Link #1468
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In your bloodstream
Age: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Question: does the GOP voter base, not politicians, believe in trickle down economics?
Voters for traditional Republicans like Romney or Bush probably believe that. The Trumpist wing have probably never really thought much about the issue. They're not motivated by economics, or they believe that Trump will fulfill his promises to them during the campaign. I doubt many voters in Alabama right now are worried about tax cuts.

BTW, I've been doing some research on polling in Alabama. The results have been all over the place, but one important factor stands out. Doug Jones leads by four points in polls taken after the Post's revelations that included people who have only cell phones. Roy Moore leads by four points in polls of people with landline phones. Given the strong correlation between age and reliance on cell phones, there may be a bunch of younger Alabamians whose voices have not been heard because most of the Alabama polls rely on landlines.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-06, 19:54   Link #1469
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp

Rep. Al Green of Texas is going to try to force the issues day.
Oh, that fool again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
I don't see how that is possible when I was talking specifically about democratic voters/congress. I don't even
Go back and read what you said. "For the base if they vote for something that will hurt them just because it came from the democrats rather than the republicans then you can't really blame republicans for that either." I don't see how that ISN'T talking about republicans. You may have started talking about democrats, but you turned it into handwaving republican behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
They got people into a frenzy because he used Dijon mustard or wore a brown suit for god's sake. Stop acting like they're sane. As for the rest, I'll get back to that after work. But right off the bat actually I'd list the ACA as good, rebuilding the economy that Bush damaged, increased jobs, etc.
Okay, coming back to this now that I'm home. As said, I believe the ACA was good (though obviously could have been vastly better, but saying it's bad because it wasn't perfect is being disingenuous), rebuilding the economy, increased jobs, expanded LGBT protections, Dodd-Frank, improved America's global image, Credit Card Accountability Act, protected a lot of nature/wilderness/rivers, regulated tobacco, invested in green/renewable energy, some minor regulations on for-profit colleges (not enough, but a start), improved school nutrition programs, net neutrality, and CHIP.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-06, 19:58   Link #1470
Blueknight78
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
here's a interesting new which looks like "passed" between the big ammount of bs crap trump did theses days, maybe all that crap he is doing was to "make peoples don't look" at it
http://www.businessinsider.com/net-n...eaning-2017-11

and even the fact which his followers are against it and want "free internet" they are fine with him doing it...
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic240848_1.gif:small
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-06, 20:07   Link #1471
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
So because I don't want to place the responsibility of certain actions by the democrats on the republicans I am now condoning republican behavior. The hell?
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-06, 21:14   Link #1472
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
So because I don't want to place the responsibility of certain actions by the democrats on the republicans I am now condoning republican behavior. The hell?
Then you're going to have to explain what you meant, because the only way to read it that makes any sense is that you were saying "democrats did X, so you can't blame republicans for doing X too!" Because literally nothing was being talked about where democrats were blaming republicans for democrats hurting themselves. You took "lesser of two evils" to the extreme when no one has done that.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-08, 04:21   Link #1473
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Again, I am not talking about republicans. The only thing I said was that if democrats vote party over country then that's a decision they made for themselves without republican influence. That I excused similar republican behavior or weighed them against each other is purely a product of your imagination.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-08, 06:34   Link #1474
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 32
Whatever you say. I may have misunderstood what you were trying to say, but it also took you how many replies before actually clarifying your statement? So maybe instead of trying to talk down to me about my imagination, you clarify statements earlier so it doesn't lead to long misunderstandings like this?

And while monir stated what he felt was party over country (which I disagree with on the ACA at least), you did not. So you basically were just arguing a strawman.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-08, 23:45   Link #1475
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Indeed you did misunderstand quite badly. I have a post on the previous page that does everything you asked for.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-09, 10:10   Link #1476
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In your bloodstream
Age: 68
No one cares about your differences. Let's move along.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-10, 22:32   Link #1477
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Trump tweets:
Very little discussion of all the purposely false and defamatory stories put out this week by the Fake News Media. They are out of control - correct reporting means nothing to them. Major lies written, then forced to be withdrawn after they are exposed...a stain on America!
What's he on about? I was out of the loop last few days.
__________________
Kudara nai na! Sig by TheEroKing.
Calling on all Naruto fans, One Piece fans, and Shounen-fans in general... I got two words for you: One-Punch Man!
Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-10, 22:56   Link #1478
Archon_Wing
Plotting....
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Not here
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/10/u...ve-weigel.html

Hah he actually is right for once. Guess it had to happen eventually.
__________________
Let us start here from Square one. No... from zero!
You do not wish to know anything. You wish only to speak.
That which you know, you ignore, because it is inconvenient.
That which you do not know, you invent.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-10, 23:10   Link #1479
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/10/u...ve-weigel.html

Hah he actually is right for once. Guess it had to happen eventually.
It's always been a sure-win strategy for a Republican politicians, especially president, to attack the media, but Trump has taken it to a height that is unmatched. It's like the saying the media has to be right every time or otherwise you just played into our wannabe fuhrer president's hand. That rally had huge crowd by the way.

Also, found this tweet interesting from couple of days ago:
Fines and penalties against Wells Fargo Bank for their bad acts against their customers and others will not be dropped, as has incorrectly been reported, but will be pursued and, if anything, substantially increased. I will cut Regs but make penalties severe when caught cheating!
__________________
Kudara nai na! Sig by TheEroKing.
Calling on all Naruto fans, One Piece fans, and Shounen-fans in general... I got two words for you: One-Punch Man!
Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-11, 12:34   Link #1480
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In your bloodstream
Age: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Fines and penalties against Wells Fargo Bank for their bad acts against their customers and others will not be dropped, as has incorrectly been reported, but will be pursued and, if anything, substantially increased. I will cut Regs but make penalties severe when caught cheating!
That's pretty absurd given his efforts to defang the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau which, as I recall, was instrumental in securing the settlement from Wells Fargo.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.