AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 24 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 32 27.12%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 13.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 9.32%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 11.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 13 11.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.69%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 3.39%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 5.08%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 2.54%
1 out of 10 : Painful 17 14.41%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-09-27, 22:09   Link #81
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Feeling regret is not nearly on the same level as being dragged off to some hell where she will never be seen again. Sure it kind of sucks but it's a completely different scale.

Why is it okay just because it was done before? That's no excuse. If anything they should have learned from their past mistake and not done it again. And it's only a Railgun problem, Index anime never added any new arcs that ruined something from the old one.
No new arcs were added, but descriptions of exactly how dark the city definitely were toned down. For example, neither raildex animes discuss how espers receive their powers in the same detail or manner that the LNs do... and railgun has always been on the lighter side, so it definitely needs to try to appeal to its initial anime fan base in addition to the manga and LN reader fan base.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 22:45   Link #82
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
No new arcs were added, but descriptions of exactly how dark the city definitely were toned down. For example, neither raildex animes discuss how espers receive their powers in the same detail or manner that the LNs do... and railgun has always been on the lighter side, so it definitely needs to try to appeal to its initial anime fan base in addition to the manga and LN reader fan base.
I don't think it's particularly "dark" how they get their powers. I mean if they are hypnotized they wouldn't even remember it. Have we ever seen a cahracter even slightly traumatized by it? They treat it just like getting an operation.
Old 2013-09-27, 22:55   Link #83
WiliamZ0

What I enjoy only Sisters, Misaki and Touma ... other than tht, this ARC is FAIL arc indeed
WiliamZ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 22:55   Link #84
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiliamZ0 View Post
What I enjoy only Sisters, Misaki and Touma ... other than tht, this ARC is FAIL arc indeed
Because of the fail villains called the 5-megane nerd team aka STUDY =W=
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 23:20   Link #85
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiliamZ0 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
Because of the fail villains called the 5-megane nerd team aka STUDY =W=
I swear to God people, why watch this if you already hate the arc!!! I guess in my case I watched it and then liked it, but clearly there is no chance of that happening with any of you, so why even bother to post mean comments. There are a lot of railgun fans who wait til the subtitles come out that I'm sure love this arc. I don't see why you watch it anyway if you know that this arc is tailored at them in the first place. It just doesn't make sense (to me).

Also, why is this episode getting ones. If you are dissatisfied with the rest of the arc and you have to comment then rate those lower, but why this episode with a one. This episode had really good animation and music. I really don't see the point of rating it a 1. I understand a lot of ratings, but a 1 just seems ridiculous to me... You realize that 1 means it is so bad that no one would like it and you wouldn't recommend it to anyone. If you just don't like it and it doesn't suck because other people would like it why would you even rate it a 1..., or even rate it at all for that matter?

People rate things to give other people an idea of whether they should watch them or not. Giving it a one because you want to see something else even if other people would like the arc is counter-productive and pointless...
Old 2013-09-27, 23:34   Link #86
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
In my experience, 1s are basically protest votes. They generally come from long-standing fans that feel severely let down, and hence want to vent their displeasure. I think the only time I ever rated an anime episode a 1 here on AS was during Haruhi's E8 four years ago (wow, does time every fly...), and that was definitely a protest vote from me.

Looking at the current votes for this episode, I'm actually now more excited to watch this episode. Currently 38% 10s and over 40% 1s... So it's either a beautiful masterpiece or an epic trainwreck. Either way, this is going to be an experience!

Edit: By the way, it's actually better for a show to get a polarized response like this than to have a bunch of middling 6, 7 votes. For example, School Days being so (in)famous amongst anime fans is much of what piqued my interest in it. So I wouldn't worry too much about it, dniv.
Old 2013-09-27, 23:37   Link #87
julioalqae
the pragma

Send a message via Yahoo to julioalqae
Quote:
I swear to God people, why watch this if you already hate the arc!!! I guess in my case I watched it and then liked it, but clearly there is no chance of that happening with any of you, so why even bother to post mean comments. There are a lot of railgun fans who wait til the subtitles come out that I'm sure love this arc. I don't see why you watch it anyway if you know that this arc is tailored at them in the first place. It just doesn't make sense (to me).

Also, why is this episode getting ones. If you are dissatisfied with the rest of the arc and you have to comment then rate those lower, but why this episode with a one. This episode had really good animation and music. I really don't see the point of rating it a 1. I understand a lot of ratings, but a 1 just seems ridiculous to me... You realize that 1 means it is so bad that no one would like it and you wouldn't recommend it to anyone. If you just don't like it and it doesn't suck because other people would like it why would you even rate it a 1..., or even rate it at all for that matter?

People rate things to give other people an idea of whether they should watch them or not. Giving it a one because you want to see something else even if other people would like the arc is counter-productive and pointless...
just accept the way of the internet........dniv honestly your overreaction sometime got too annoying ..sorry but just accept the score.....many people has many different view...
Old 2013-09-27, 23:43   Link #88
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
At first I watched it because I thought that they did the sisters arc so well so they could do this one well as well. Now I'm just watching it for the sense of completion. It would feel weird not to watch a big part of the anime of a series I like so much.
Old 2013-09-27, 23:54   Link #89
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julioalqae View Post
just accept the way of the internet........dniv honestly your overreaction sometime got too annoying ..sorry but just accept the score.....many people has many different view...
Fine... Sorry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
At first I watched it because I thought that they did the sisters arc so well so they could do this one well as well. Now I'm just watching it for the sense of completion. It would feel weird not to watch a big part of the anime of a series I like so much.
That makes sense... I definitely give you that... *sigh* I just don't like seeing an anime I like being blasphemed. I'm sure everyone else would feel the same way if their favorite anime/character was being insulted really badly.

I know everyone has their own opinion, but I'm just annoyed that people seem to be saying that the rating should be a 1, when the point of the rating system is to give other people who might like the anime an idea of whether they should watch it or not. If the ratings were all accompanied with explanations it would be fine, but they're not really... (at least not all of them...) That's my main problem with the 1's... It's because I know a lot of people didn't like the slice of life in railgun season I, but they didn't rate season I so badly even though some parts of it were just as slice of lifey as this...

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
In my experience, 1s are basically protest votes. They generally come from long-standing fans that feel severely let down, and hence want to vent their displeasure. I think the only time I ever rated an anime episode a 1 here on AS was during Haruhi's E8 four years ago (wow, does time every fly...), and that was definitely a protest vote from me.

Looking at the current votes for this episode, I'm actually now more excited to watch this episode. Currently 38% 10s and over 40% 1s... So it's either a beautiful masterpiece or an epic trainwreck. Either way, this is going to be an experience!

Edit: By the way, it's actually better for a show to get a polarized response like this than to have a bunch of middling 6, 7 votes. For example, School Days being so (in)famous amongst anime fans is much of what piqued my interest in it. So I wouldn't worry too much about it, dniv.

That makes me feel a lot better. Thanks. That's an interesting point about the popularity and the point about venting makes sense. I didn't really realize that.
Old 2013-09-28, 00:15   Link #90
Haigon

Quote:
I swear to God people, why watch this if you already hate the arc!!!
My austism prevents me from dropping a show after watching half of it.
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 02:54   Link #91
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Typical Railgun ending is typical.

You'd think they'd do something more original than having Misaka railgun a large object.

Also, mfw Gundam appears.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 02:54   Link #92
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

once i start something i intend to finish it

typical filler arc, i dont expect something so great in it.
misaki, touma, accelerator, last order. foreshadowing for season 3?

remember saten uiharu, kuroko, kongou and others have yet to reach the "even greater darkness which encompasses the world itself. , as well as the other side of the world (magic)
PLEASE KAMACHI get them involved in index, no matter how painful it is.
Old 2013-09-28, 07:16   Link #93
balongbitz
Ordinary Bystander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
So... Febli arc was not written by Kamachi?
yeah.
the things that would prove it is that:
1. If kamachi is the one writing the febli arc, we should have not seen contradictions on Saten(just a mere lvl 0, but what the heck she's on the front line) and Misaka(as we see in Sister's arc, she refuses to ask help to others but we see the other way around in the recently concluded filler) as characters.
2. AC's real darkness is darker than we ever though and we've seen nothing like that in the filler.

sorry if i offended some fans but that's what i think about this whole filler.
Old 2013-09-28, 07:52   Link #94
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by balongbitz View Post
yeah.
and Misaka(as we see in Sister's arc, she refuses to ask help to others but we see the other way around in the recently concluded filler) as characters.
But that's one of the things I liked about this arc.
Misaka clearly can't do things alone as was shone in Sister arc so it is about time she learned to trust her friends.

And it is also about time Kuroka actually takes some action instead of just stupidly waiting every time that Misaka goes off somewhere.
While it is nice to not bother her at first, it becomes total idiocy later on when you see that things are not improving and you do nothing to actually help.

Last edited by kitten320; 2013-09-28 at 09:09.
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 07:58   Link #95
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
But that's one of the things I liked about this arc.
Mikasa clearly can't do things alone as was shone in Sister arc so it is about time she learned to trust her friends.

And it is also about time Kuroka actually takes some action instead of just stupidly waiting every time that Mikasa goes off somewhere.
While it is nice to not bother her at first, it becomes total idiocy later on when you see that things are not improving and you do nothing to actually help.
>Kuroka
>Mikasa
Wrong series.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 08:14   Link #96
kitten320

That's not what I meant.
I said it is a quality Misaka should have learned by now.

Old 2013-09-28, 08:23   Link #97
balongbitz
Ordinary Bystander

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
That's not what I meant.
I said it is a quality Mikasa should have learned by now.
well that's her behavior based on the source material so i wont touch any of these anymore.

and also, it's misaka. the one you're typing seems like a character from another franchise.
Old 2013-09-28, 08:45   Link #98
kitten320

Just because she is Misaka doesn't mean she has to remain a stubborn idiot until the end of the series with no development. Especially when her plans backfired more than once.

Even psychotic Accelerator seems to have developed more than her from what I heard (not novel reader, purely anime watcher).

And he seemed like the most lost case in the series.

Old 2013-09-28, 09:01   Link #99
Shinhwa
Banned

What's up with these fail character name typos? I feel offended
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 09:08   Link #100
kitten320

Ooops, sorry. I meant Misaka^^
I've edited my post. Too much SnK can do that to you