Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-03-11, 22:57   Link #141
Memnoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranz
Spoiler:
I think there would be a riot or something if Rock Lee got killed off, but on the other hand, if Sasuke would get killed off, like 5 people would get mad.
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 22:58   Link #142
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
Quote:
Rock Lee is getting boring now. I hope he gets killed off. It's better then having this stupid "50/50% chance of surviving!" nonsense.
Disagree, hows rock lee boring if he's been MIA for like 3-4 episodes?
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 23:02   Link #143
Cort
What???

Send a message via ICQ to Cort
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch
Just wondering who everyone else hates. For me, I really hate Sasuke. I don't really know why, just the way he acts and all I guess.

So what character do you guys hate?
None really, but I don't like any overly much either. Just hard to look at characters in the same "like/dislike" way I would another person.
Cort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 23:07   Link #144
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

I hate sakura to, her and ino are like the only chix that cant fight.
Old 2004-03-11, 23:13   Link #145
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by rEkKaShInObI
Disagree, hows rock lee boring if he's been MIA for like 3-4 episodes?
he was talking manga. you are talking anime.

and it would shed new light on the series.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 23:49   Link #146
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
he was talking manga. you are talking anime.

and it would shed new light on the series.
Light is good, maybe i should read the manga to.
Old 2004-03-12, 00:01   Link #147
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by rEkKaShInObI
Light is good, maybe i should read the manga to.
yeah. you should. you can get it here

i mean here.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 02:36   Link #148
dongcute

Personally, I prefer Sakura then Hinata. No offense. It’s not that I dislike Hinata. It is just that I find Sakura been a much more realistic person.

Sakura is a good example of people with good academic result but not in term of careers. Put it in this way, what is proportion of those people with good academic working for those with poorer academic result? The reality is cruel. One may be gifted, but without determinations, hard work, networks and most importantly, luck…. It will not make any difference. To quote another example, in books store, you often find book like how to become success and etc… however, how many writers are successful?

Let’s talk about determination and hard work. Lots of people complain about her. Saying that she should work harder since she knows she is weak. Yes, no doubt about that. Her fighting skill is indeed weak at the moment. But, try to relate this to your surrounding. Lots of student knows that they should work harder to improve their result, but most would only think and do much work to improve their works. The fact is, thinking and speaking is different from action. It’s easy to think and to speak loud… but how many would really do it? Of course, they are some who will really executive the action they think…. but what the proportion as compare to those who thinks only? To quote another example, many knows that when one is sick, one should listen to the doctor advice. But seriously speaking, they are numerous of people who don’t do so. Am I right?

Speaking of networks, like what Sycorax has mentioned, unlike every single other person in the Rookie Nine, she has absolutely no special hereditary ninja tricks to rely on. It’s not that she is stupid or weak and etc. Give her time and of course, a good teacher to lean from, I’m certain she will improve.

Some may complain about her. Many thinks that she is childish and etc just because she “broke” her friendship with Ino. The facts is, there friendship is still there. Speaking from a girl view (I’m a girl), I can understand what Sakura does. These few line is quote from http://www.tsukiyomi.org/sakura/ which I find it very true.

"Her feelings even caused her to lose her best friend. Sakura did push Ino away, and you never really know why. Of course, obviously they would be rivals for Sasuke's feelings, but there's never any indepth information on how Sakura felt about it. They both remain friends even after the fact that they proclaimed the other to be their rival, it's obvious that there isn't any real hate there, so why push away your best friend? Here's where my theory comes in. If the two had remained friends, just playfully competing with eachother, and one of them had actually succeeded in stealing Sasuke's heart, what would happen? The "loser" would feel horrible. Probably become bitter towards the other, and feel like they were betrayed. By declaring Ino her rival, Sakura stopped this from happening. If one of the two wins his heart now, there will still be those angry feelings, but they'll be downplayed and less harmful. They won't be able to feel betrayed, because they already stated it was a fight for him. It would end with a broken heart, but they couldn't say the other cheated, or that they were abandoned. To do that, thinking of the best solution, shows Sakura uses her emotions with her brains. She manages to think with her heart, but not get too carried away."

However, I do agree that she can be quite annoying at time. Nonetheless, I can understand her actions because I do have friends like her. God create human with emotion. One of the factors that I like about her is that she dares to admit who she like and doing things for the one she like. No doubt it is quite fullfish to sacrifice so much for some one who doesn’t even appreciate it, but put it in this way. Don’t you ever do anything stupid/childish/fullfish for some one you like/cherish? Maybe you don’t. But take a look at your surrounding, isn’t there a lot of examples? Just take look at the numbers of people who suicide just because they are been dumped by their partners.
Ok… I say my piece. No offense to those Sakura haters.
dongcute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 03:47   Link #149
Thyrz
Laidback Luke

I agree with Sycorax and bongcute.
But it still doesn't change the fact that she's just plain annoying at times.
I can't quite put my finger on it.
Maybe it's just when she talks about Sasuke, thinks about him, or even look at him.I just blitzed through eps 70/71/72 real quick, and noticed that no one was being annoying, except for Naruto for shouting like everyone in the goddamn village has to know what he just said.
Naruto the #1 loudest ninja in the village! Wtf kind of title is that coming from an adult. He is still BY FAR the most annoying character in the anime.
Thyrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 11:34   Link #150
realdeal
The Real Deal

dude i dont give a shite if she relates to real people in real world. In teh real world we have assholes who molest little boys, if such character were to exist in the manga should we start liking them cos such people exist in the real world? Remember, this is manga, anime a story you can shape, normal doestn cut it, you need to be special if you wanna be liked in this special world.

OK no one trains her..wow...from looks of it much of ten ten and neji's training they did themselves, or are training by themselves.

OK, shes weak..its normal to speak but no action and unlike the other 9 rookies she dont have special gifts. So? Lee was a total weakling with no talent, at the time no jounin teacher either but he kept on training by himself to "prove" his worth.

So bottom line, plz orochimaru eat that girl

as for Lee having low self steem..thats bs..where du get that from? he asked sakura out straight out, no side tracking just straight out cut to the chase, thats not really a sign of low self steem, if anything full of confidence lol. Also low self steem is not believing in yourself, lee totally believes in himself, its what keeps him going, he keeps working hard cos he believes he can surpass genes with hard work. When he fought Gaara and sasuke he was also full of confidence he was gonna win. Nothing in him shows hes got low self-steem cept the part when he nearly gave up but gai cheered him up.

And alot liek him because of his anti-cool attitude..some people are sick of the moody, mysterious, quite type who always tries to act cool. *cough* neji *cough*. You'll notice if you play FF games in FF8 I think lots found squall too moody so in FF9 they got alot more cheery character. Hes a change from the sasuke and the nejis. And what can I say..I just see bruce lee all over him and thats gotta be a ++++

And dranz, I doubt kishimoto would DARE kill of Lee, I just cant see it happening, thats just asking to loose alot of fans
realdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 11:42   Link #151
Besa
[ЀÅÐ]

Send a message via MSN to Besa
I hate Ino so much!I hope she dies,and the one who will be the hero is Konohamaru..
Besa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 11:46   Link #152
Thyrz
Laidback Luke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besa
I hate Ino so much!I hope she dies,and the one who will be the hero is Konohamaru..
lol Konohamaru is as annoying as Naruto.
Why's Ino so annoying btw?; )
Old 2004-03-12, 12:00   Link #153
Besa
[ЀÅÐ]

Send a message via MSN to Besa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thyrz
lol Konohamaru is as annoying as Naruto.
Why's Ino so annoying btw?; )
Yeah but Konohamaru looks even stornger than Ino and maybe he is lol.
Well from the beginning I just knew that someday I would hate her,and after I saw that she TOOO was obsessed with sasuke (like Sakura,but I like her better)and because she thinks she's better than Sakura .And that rivalery thing between them is just too ridiculous(I just had to say that )
Besa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 12:13   Link #154
Thyrz
Laidback Luke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besa
Yeah but Konohamaru looks even stornger than Ino and maybe he is lol.
Well from the beginning I just knew that someday I would hate her,and after I saw that she TOOO was obsessed with sasuke (like Sakura,but I like her better)and because she thinks she's better than Sakura .And that rivalery thing between them is just too ridiculous(I just had to say that )
Yeah, I guess some people like that crap. But it seems it's for the SANE people to ignore :P
Old 2004-03-12, 13:18   Link #155
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 15:31   Link #156
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
And dranz, I doubt kishimoto would DARE kill of Lee, I just cant see it happening, thats just asking to loose alot of fans
Quote:
I think there would be a riot or something if Rock Lee got killed off, but on the other hand, if Sasuke would get killed off, like 5 people would get mad
No, yboth of you are mistaking Japan's Naruto fan community with ours. Kishimoto could do whatever he wants, Rock Lee isn't that popular in Japan as he is here. Sasuke is much more popular in Japan, and I believe he's popular here too, it's just that Sasuke fans don't need to go around proving he's cool as opposed to Rock Lee fans.

Spoiler:
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 15:41   Link #157
Sethi
StormRider

Well Lee was the 7th most voted in the last poll so he isn't that bad, of course i don't like him very much but that's life.
By the way RandomGuy and Dranz you guys are too cruel to thick eyebrows, i mean:
Spoiler:

Now if it was Sakura i would have no objections but any other, no please
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 15:44   Link #158
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

I'm not being harsh on him...he's stated that all he wanted to do was go out like that. He'll take out someone pretty powerful...but being that he's been in the hospital, and hasn't had time to learn anything new...if another attack comes...that's all he'll have left to do in terms of a big super move...
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 16:34   Link #159
Karyu
The Ruler of The Dragons

Really I hate sakura the most. She thinks she loves sasuke but she dont even know his hatred against almost all humans, because his clan was killed. His actions are only based on his hatred and sakura only cares for his safety and stuff like that but not for his past. Well not in the anime anyways (didnt read all of the manga).

And I still dont understand why people hate sasuke so much all his acting is because of his hatred. He doesnt think that he is better than everyone else. Altough it is true he cares less about people. Though did u already forget he saved naruto risking his own life. Hewill see in the end that it's not hatred that makes u stong but proteting others like haku and naruto say. But oh well everybody has his own opinion and I know some people hate him because something happens in the manga that hasn't happen in the anime yet and hate him because of that, but still I think u should wait for the end of the serie to make an opinion about him. We didnt see all yet...

my 2cents

oh and btw if my grammer sucks. Please accept my humble apologies
Karyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-13, 10:55   Link #160
dongcute

Just my 2 cents,

Different people have different taste. Realdeal, I respect your decision and preferences. However to me, although this is a manga/anime, a story that people can shape, I would still prefer a realistic character. The reason is because she stands out from the rest and is someone that I can relate to.

Well, for Ten Ten, Neji and of course Rock lee, there is someone (Gai) who trains then well. This is especially true since Gai loves Rock Lee a lots. Put it in this way, without Gai support, do you think Rock Lee will be that determined? Read the manga and you will relies Rock Lee actually wants to give up but though the support of his teacher, he work hard again. Yes, there is no doubt about it. Rock Lee is hardworking. But without his cute teacher, how will he end up? Don’t be mistake, I actually like Rock Lee character.

Anyway, to me, Rock Lee is not a total weakling with any talent. The fact is every one will have there own talent. It is a just a matter of time and luck to see if that person can prove his worth/talent (Although, It may be unfortunate for some whom never shows their talent… )
dongcute is offline   Reply With Quote