AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-05, 10:04   Link #61
KimmyChan

You're right, a Shana OVA featuring one of the supporting characters would be pretty sweet
Old 2009-06-05, 13:24   Link #62
Nietono no Shana
Godsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I also hope an OVA dedicated to Mathilde, Wilhelmina and Merihim's time (present -600 years) just like in Shakugan no Shana: Eternal Song will be produced.
Good Idea! I Love the Eternal Song story. Mathilde is very awesome
Old 2009-06-06, 00:09   Link #63
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietono no Shana View Post
Good Idea! I Love the Eternal Song story. Mathilde is very awesome
I agree with this as well
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2009-06-06, 00:57   Link #64
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I never quite got how a story that happened in the anime first or happened differently is any less valid. The characters are still themselves, their adventures still committed to a medium of entertainment. The chance to see something new. How "a good adaptation = exactly the same" works is something I could never wrap my mind around. Word for word, page for page, frame for frame. After a while that must get a bit repetitive. Mediums will be different, and if the stories will be different, then I say let them be. I'm just here to enjoy the show.
One of the reasons I don't get involved much in series discussions is because of the manga/novel whiners complaining how the anime doesn't follow source material. I've often thought that each series that gets a sub forum should have a topic titled "Anime vs. Source - bitch and moan here."

I read vol. 1 after watching season 1 and found it to be a good read. But there were things added in the anime that I think were significant improvements. Mainly the elaboration on Yukari Hirai. I think that added so much to understanding Yuuji's early feelings about the true nature of his predicament. That scene of Yukari's final moments is one of the more memorable ones in the whole series, to me.

I loved both seasons of Shana. The second wasn't as impressive as the first, but there wasn't anything about it that I remember as being "bad." And I happen to like Kazumi, as well. So, I'm looking forward very much to a third season. I just want more of Shana.
Old 2009-06-06, 12:02   Link #65
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

I... just noticed today that this awesome thing is happening. Thiese news just made my day... I'm so sad that I spoiled myself (with the novels), but hey, STILL I CAN AGAIN SEE MY FAVE TSUNDERE ON SCREEN!! XD
Old 2009-06-07, 05:47   Link #66
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I want a season 3... I would be a bit disappointed if its a OVA, because Iv read the novel and its just not the same seeing it first hand then reading it and imagining what the environment looks like and what the new characters look like.
Old 2009-06-07, 07:59   Link #67
Terminator98
*Author

Quote:
)
I want a season 3... I would be a bit disappointed if its a OVA, because Iv read the novel and its just not the same seeing it first hand then reading it and imagining what the environment looks like and what the new characters look like.
It should be a thrid season, as the novels have advanced up to tome 23 I think... still, we should cross our fingers and hope that SnS's author will get inspired so we can get more good content in the 3rd season, and much more less fillers like in season 2.
Old 2009-06-08, 08:59   Link #68
KimmyChan

Well, it looks like a third season of Shana has officially been confirmed from what I've seen/heard
Old 2009-06-08, 21:44   Link #69
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
sweet cannot wait for a third season. but i pray that something finally happens between Shana and Yuji because we all know that it is about time they just committed and tell each other how they feel because the first time didnt count when Shana told Yuji.

this is almost getting as bad as Full Metal Panic where so far it has taken 3 seasons and 19 Light novels to even admit to their feelings to each other.
Old 2009-06-09, 05:48   Link #70
sniperz

Season 3?! Woots SnS!!!
Old 2009-06-09, 11:04   Link #71
Terminator98
*Author

Quote:
st sweet cannot wait for a third season. but i pray that something finally happens between Shana and Yuji because we all know that it is about time they just committed and tell each other how they feel because the first time didnt count when Shana told Yuji.

this is almost getting as bad as Full Metal Panic where so far it has taken 3 seasons and 19 Light novels to even admit to their feelings to each other.
Didn't they already confess in the end of season 2???
Old 2009-06-09, 14:48   Link #72
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator98 View Post
Didn't they already confess in the end of season 2???
It wasn't shown in an obvious way, just strongly implied. The look on Shana's face pretty much says what happened.

Spoiler for Shana:
Old 2009-06-10, 06:33   Link #73
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Sorry for blasphemy, but who is Mathilde again? -.-
Old 2009-06-10, 06:50   Link #74
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
The simple fact that there's another production coming out is proof that the Shana did quite well; JC Staff, nor any other company, would make a sequel for a show that did as bad as some people here would like us to believe Shana S2 did.
The only thing it proves is that it sold well, which you know is not what people are talking about when they say how bad it did
Old 2009-06-10, 08:35   Link #75
Terminator98
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Indeed... waht a blasphemy!!!! XD

Mathilde is Alastor's girlfriend and shana's predescessor.

(randomness... I'm watching Zero No Tsukaima, and it's pretty good. )
Old 2009-06-10, 12:52   Link #76
Nietono no Shana
Godsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
omg! xD

Spoiler for Mathilde & Wilhelmina:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator98 View Post
Mathilde is Alastor's girlfriend and shana's predescessor.
Signed
Old 2009-06-10, 15:07   Link #77
FFrank227

As of June 10th, the front page of www.shakugan.com has been updated with new information. Not exactly sure what it says, but I do believe the top part states that volume 19 of the light novel will be released on September 10th, 2009 and a new artbook on August 10th, 2009.

Last edited by FFrank227; 2009-06-10 at 16:33. Reason: Relentlessflame corrected me on the bottom half.
Old 2009-06-10, 15:12   Link #78
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

So if the 19th novel is the last, then we can assume that they can end the story on the 3rd season by following the novels?

That is assuming the 19th IS the last, which I really hope so. Shakugan no Shana is wayyyy too dragged out and loves teasing the audience with the possibility that the characters will finally solidify their relationships/love before resetting everything back to scratch.
Old 2009-06-10, 15:29   Link #79
Terminator98
*Author

Isn't there more like 22 novels??? O.o
Old 2009-06-10, 15:32   Link #80
FFrank227

21 I believe, and that includes the short stories. The main story itself is 18 volumes.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen