AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2007-04-26, 11:24   Link #81
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Nagi was playing the role of quite some characters from Kanon in the recent arc...

I didn't think too much about it until I read the end

The entire story was SOOOOOO Kanon-ish
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 15:47   Link #82
LCeh

After the filler-like chapter of 124, chapter 125 gets the story back in gear.

Spoiler:
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 20:57   Link #83
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Spoiler for chapter 125:
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 00:02   Link #84
shoehead

I found the results of the popularity contest on randomcuriosity's blog..
Mentar left a comment with these as the results:
1st: Hinagiku, 3728
2nd: Maria, 1586
3rd: Hayate, 1503
4th: Nagi, 1103

Hinagiku's in the lead! She's my favorite as well
shoehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 01:25   Link #85
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoehead View Post
I found the results of the popularity contest on randomcuriosity's blog..
Mentar left a comment with these as the results:
1st: Hinagiku, 3728
2nd: Maria, 1586
3rd: Hayate, 1503
4th: Nagi, 1103

Hinagiku's in the lead! She's my favorite as well
LOL Hinagiku still have almost the total of 2nd -> 4th place combined
Old 2007-05-14, 03:02   Link #86
Sinta

I just don't understand why Hinagiku is so popoular can someone explain this to me?
Sinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 08:45   Link #87
Mentar
Banned

I can try, but first answer me how much of the manga you've read?
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 08:59   Link #88
The Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
LOL Hinagiku still have almost the total of 2nd -> 4th place combined
Yeah, the reaction of Hayate, Maria and Nagi in the chapter where they present the results is priceless...
The Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 12:54   Link #89
Sinta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I can try, but first answer me how much of the manga you've read?
I am current on the scan....so up to vol 6 or 7 I think
Old 2007-05-14, 15:21   Link #90
Mentar
Banned

That explains it.

Aside of Hinagiku being bright, gutsy and pretty cute, this girl has character. But most of this will be shown in the volumes to come, where she experiences a very gradual development towards Hayate, which however is hindered by her pledge to support someone else. Her struggles between her benevolence and her suppressed self-interest make for some very interesting chapters (as opposed to almost all other girls, which happen to be limited by several factors).

In volume 10, there's one particularly touching and extremely romantic scene which tilted the contest STRONGLY in her favor. That scene alone would have probably carried her to the top. But she's probably the most interesting character to begin with, so no surprises.

Finally, she's Nagi's foil. Which is a very important role in itself, because it keeps the incumbent in check.

Wait until we reach the later volumes.
Old 2007-05-14, 20:40   Link #91
shoehead

Is hayate an easy manga to read in japanese? I'm learning japanese right now and I wanted to start reading some manga in japanese
shoehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 00:06   Link #92
LCeh

Chapter 126 was good.

This mini-arc continues to give us some small character development of various characters, and it looks like it will continue in the next chapter too.
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 06:41   Link #93
The Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Aside of Hinagiku being bright, gutsy and pretty cute, this girl has character. But most of this will be shown in the volumes to come, where she experiences a very gradual development towards Hayate, which however is hindered by her pledge to support someone else. Her struggles between her benevolence and her suppressed self-interest make for some very interesting chapters (as opposed to almost all other girls, which happen to be limited by several factors).

In volume 10, there's one particularly touching and extremely romantic scene which tilted the contest STRONGLY in her favor. That scene alone would have probably carried her to the top. But she's probably the most interesting character to begin with, so no surprises.
Of course, Nishizawa-san also seems to have a chance; I would say that Hinagiku's scene in volume 10 might be equalled by Nishizawa's in volume 11, in the midst of some significant new character development. And it should be interesting to see exactly how the White Day arc plays out in regard to both of them...
The Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 11:41   Link #94
Sinta

Mentar

Thanks for the explanation I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens. As of right now I think that Maria is my favorite, I think she just so funny; and as far i can see Hayate likes. (or is that wrong?) I think when that other butler comes back (forgot his name) that is going to come to head. (I could be wrong)
Old 2007-05-15, 11:47   Link #95
Eichan
Explosive Magical Girl

I really liked the stories with Nishizawa in volume 11; she solidified herself as one of the three contenders I'd like Hayate to end up with (if he ends up with anyone at all ) - Maria, Nagi, or Ayumu.

Just what were Hayate and she talking about in the Conan world and on the bike ride home?
Old 2007-05-15, 11:52   Link #96
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sandman View Post
Of course, Nishizawa-san also seems to have a chance; I would say that Hinagiku's scene in volume 10 might be equalled by Nishizawa's in volume 11, in the midst of some significant new character development. And it should be interesting to see exactly how the White Day arc plays out in regard to both of them...
Mhh, not quite equalled, I don't think so. But you're certainly right that it contained some highly needed character development on the Nishizawa angle. I happen to like the kid - but that's what she is, a kid. It limits her a bit, because I find it very difficult to imagine a possible ending for these two. Can you picture in your mind how a possible Nishizawa ending might look like?

There are two characters whose own "romance aspects" include others, and that's Hina and Maria. They represent the "more grown up" characters, but here, I find it difficult to imagine Maria walking all over Nagi by pursuing Hayate herself. Her efforts have been being supportive of Nagi lately, the clear incumbent.

In a way I consider Hinagiku Hayate's best match. In emotional maturity, they're both older than the kid level (Nagi, Nishizawa, Sakuya, Isumi), but younger than Maria either. Both have their own problematic personal backgrounds, and their exchanges are generally on eye level, with not one person clearly towering over the other. Both have something to offer which the other one needs. That's what's putting them apart from most of the other pairings.

But yep, White Day is going to be interesting for sure
Old 2007-05-15, 12:18   Link #97
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
I would also agree that Hina seems to be the best matach for Hayate. And her character is pretty interesting indeed. Though I still like Nagi a lot and think that there's still quite a possibility for him end up with her I am starting to lean to Hina's side lately.

Strangely, I never liked Maria or Nishizawa though. Though nishizawa can be pretty cute.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 09:22   Link #98
Shougo

Hayate's necklace and Isumi

I searced and the only thread I found was a million page thread of Hayate No Gotoku in general so I wanted to start this topic. I recently read volume 2 and last night I read volume 3 of Hayate. So Nagi's grandfather gave Hayate a cursed necklace? So what it has a demon inside? In her character profile at the end of volume 2 they say something about Isumi being a priestess or something. And she's able to sense the curse in the necklace? I read a summary of volume 5 and it said something about her performing and excorsism? And she always has charms everywhere. Please someone explain I'm slow on the uptake. ^_^
Shougo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 11:09   Link #99
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Don't know what you are talking about, Hayate is on page 3 of this thread.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 11:27   Link #100
passenger

talk about exaggeration
passenger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen