AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-05-19, 18:22   Link #301
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I didn't read the manga. I'd suggest you watch those episodes again. They didn't say it straight out, but it was still reasonably clear.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 18:41   Link #302
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panky View Post
You read the manga, right? I didn't get any of those things in the anime :S , or maybe i'm a little slow. Or maybe the story in the anime is different from the manga, but in the way it was showed I understood that in that way...

EDIT:
Spoiler for EDIT :marika:
Spoiler:
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 21:05   Link #303
Panky

Spoiler for marika:
Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 01:20   Link #304
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Spoiler for Marika:

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 00:03   Link #305
Panky

Oh, then it's more complicated than I have ever thought, so they "were the same person" in some way. Thanks for explaining me.
Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 09:26   Link #306
cynicalicious
I like pie.

The live-action drama for this is now airing on NHK. I saw it last night on TV-Japan quite by accident. Anyway, the series lives on in a way.
cynicalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 15:45   Link #307
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki

Oh I really hope someone is going to sub it...
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 20:25   Link #308
cynicalicious
I like pie.

I'm not sure. There's a lot that's different from the anime, that's for sure. I never read the manga, so I have no idea what differences there were from the manga to the anime, so I don't if they're being faithful to the manga instead, but, well, there you go.

Apparently new episodes are coming on TV-Japan on Friday nights at 9:00 ET (just watching it now as I'm recording it), and rerun again next week on Friday Morning at 1:00 am ET (Thursday night around 10 pm PT). Episode 2 is on right now.
cynicalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 05:47   Link #309
Babbito
Professional Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalicious View Post
I'm not sure. There's a lot that's different from the anime, that's for sure. I never read the manga, so I have no idea what differences there were from the manga to the anime, so I don't if they're being faithful to the manga instead, but, well, there you go.
Not to get off track (not the manga thread after all) but the anime is more faithful to the manga than the drama (I've only seen the first episode though). The anime basically just rearranged some events (a lot of events are shown in flashbacks in the manga and the anime likes to be a bit more chronological in its storytelling) and had an original ending since the manga was still going. The manga's still running and volume 15 just came out, BTW.

I think the anime managed to retain a lot of the manga's charm, and of course it got to showcase a great character in the form of Lion-san who's been cut in the drama. The supernatural aspect is something that adds an extra layer of depth to the series, IMO. Of course, the drama can probably be enjoyed on its own and I will be watching it, but for me it's manga > anime > drama at the moment.
Babbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 03:30   Link #310
tyciol
*Artist

So apparently this is the #9 tearjerker of all time. I've clearly missed out on something cool.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 13:03   Link #311
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Zombie thread.

Wow, there's no manga thread for this is there?
I just finished reading the manga, and god.... so much tragedy.

Anime viewers missed out a LOT, most of the drama happens in the second half of the series, which anime never got to.
I really wish they'd animate the rest of the series one day.
Old 2011-11-25, 10:26   Link #312
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

As if this series needed even more drama.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 15:54   Link #313
FireChick

Quote:
I really wish they'd animate the rest of the series one day.
Maybe it should undergo the FMA: Brotherhood and Hunter X Hunter treatment and get a remake.

I just started watching the anime and reading the manga. They're both great!...but I feel so bad for the lead character! I mean, seriously! Look at all the crap she went through as a kid and as a teenager! She has it worse than many of the lead characters in all the World Masterpiece Theater anime! JEEZ!

Last edited by FireChick; 2011-11-26 at 17:00.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 00:55   Link #314
Transitions
by John Digweed House Mix

Send a message via MSN to Transitions
what surprises me found here, I need read all topic because is interesting. specially about Marika, is a sister of lion o_o?? never imagine this.

Tags
science fiction, seinen