AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-12-14, 04:40   Link #141
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

The short Canvas OAV is something I havenīt seen anyone at all mention. I picked it up and watched it a few weeks before Canvas 2 started.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 04:56   Link #142
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
You know just cause no one mentioned it doesn't mean it's rare.
I know but if no one ever mentions it I figured it probably means two things.

1. People thinks itīs mediocre
(If it sucks people usually talks about it.)

2.Itīs "rare".

So there.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 10:56   Link #143
jayj713

Kanojo to Kanojo no Neko? (She and her cat)
jayj713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 23:28   Link #144
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Send a message via Yahoo to zrdb
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Windaria: One of the best anime I have ever seen in my life. Unfortunately Carl Macek hacked it into a piece of garbage called "Once Upon a Time." As a result almost no one has seen the original masterpiece.

Luna Varuga: Very funny. Very weird. Very poorly known.

Dirty Pair TV: Lots of people have seen the movies, but almost noone has seen the original TV series. I was lucky to see this subbed on VHS.

Dragon Century: Only 2 OVAs were made and then the company went bankrupt. It is a shame because I really liked the first 2 OVAs.
I have the entire Dirty Pair tv series (all 26 episodes) on R2 dvds which cost me an arm and leg!!
Old 2008-02-27, 23:52   Link #145
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Good for you! Incidently, since I wrote that post you quoted, I have managed to get Windaria fansubbed. Now anyone can see it. Sadly it is still poorly know, but its not nearly as *rare* as it was.

I recently discovered that Key the Metal Idol is so rare that almost none of my fellow moderators have never seen it. They are a crew who have seen many old shows, so I know if they haven't watched something it is quite rare indeed. While that show had many flaws, it has many positive attributes as well and was honestly surprising and unique in several respects.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 00:17   Link #146
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I'll pick Canvas ~Motif of Sepia~ and_summer. I don't hear those get talked about a lot. I also enjoy Himawari!, which no one ever talks about either. I think the thread for this anime is not even one page long.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 00:19   Link #147
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

'Piano no mori' was a very lovely movie that I can't seem to find much info. on online *shrug* or maybe I'm not looking hard enough!

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 00:37   Link #148
War_Lord
Modern Philosopher

Hmm let's see:

-Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer: The first anime show I watched that had nudity. Awesome fight scenes for it's time.
-Okusama wa mahou shoujo: A mature magical girl? Priceless...
-Uninhabited Planet Survive: A compelling story about children stranded on a deserted planet. Everyone should watch this one.
-Battle Programmer Shirase: A super hacker with a pedo complex, what's not to like? Too bad a second season never happened.
-Dragon Half: a silly comedy about a half-human, half-dragon girl in her quest to look more human. Unfortunately there was only two episodes. A damn shame cause it was so good.
-Alien 9: Story's about 6th grade girls fighting aliens that try to take over their school. They fight using symbiotic alien helmets that feed off of their hosts.
-Battle Angel Alita: One of my favorites, unfortunately they made only two episodes. At least I get to enjoy the manga.
Old 2008-02-28, 00:48   Link #149
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
New editions that I thought of:

God Bless Dancougar: Never seen a North American release and almost impossible to actually find in any capacity (I basically got really lucky).

Dangaioh: So rare I actually had to see it in Spanish subtitles.

Tekkaman Blade Specials: Before Media Blasters released this series in North America these were seen as the holy grail of rare OVA's. I managed to track down a rather grainy pack for these.

SPT Layzner: I'm going to leave it up to peoples imagination regarding how I managed to acquire this series.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 04:32   Link #150
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Cluster Edge - Seriously, I don't see it anywhere other than my own posts.

Muteki Kanban Musume - Same as Cluster Edge.
Old 2008-02-28, 04:44   Link #151
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Those aren't rare. They're just not commonly well liked.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2008-02-28, 04:50   Link #152
Phantasmagoria
*Author

It depends on what sites you visit and your location.
Rare, here. (Not at the location below my Join Date.)
Old 2008-02-28, 05:12   Link #153
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Those aren't rare. They're just not commonly well liked.
It also depends on the reader's own definition of rare. While I consider myself a very involved anime fan, except for my own post, I have never heard of the other anime listed on this page. For some of us who have been watching anime since the 1980s and early 1990s, then our definition of rare will be more limited than others. Personally, I consider mostly everything before 1995 rare in today's community, because they are not as widely seen anymore. A couple of years ago I had no clue what Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind or Grave of the Fireflies were. I'm been posting on this forum for quite a while now (since 2006 if I'm not mistaken), so I've seen lots of titles get thrown around. I will consider a title rare if I haven't seen it in the 1.5 years that I have actively contributed.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 06:06   Link #154
Khaos

Arrow

Has anyone ever heard of Ultimate Teacher? Strange stupid stuff I bet almost noone knows.

Or Lily C.A.T.? One of the first animes to be officially subbed into german back in the 90s.

Who has watched the really bad Urushihara-Anime Legend of Lemnear or enjoyed the visual splendor of detailed nip...eyes in Plastic Little?

And about the newer stuff, Tideline Blue doesn't seem to be much known as well as Demonbane.
Khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 06:29   Link #155
Ash Falls Town

I have seen a clip of Devil Children. I don't think there were ever complete raws for the series or for Devil Children Light and Dark.
I don't think either was ever released on DVD either.
Devil Children has been translated into italian though acording to ANN.
Ash Falls Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 10:06   Link #156
roninhobbit
Roboguzu

There's this anime about a ninja kid called Naruto that is pretty rare.

Wocka Wocka!

All kidding aside, I second the mention of Dragon Half. I just brought it up on another thread too. It was hot stuff when it came out (VHS, baby), but then seemed to fade into obscurity. So is it 'rare', or just forgotten?

Watashi no Tamagoyaki FTW.
roninhobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 11:33   Link #157
Icehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehawk View Post
Odin - Photon Space Sailer Starlight - Caught this WAAY back when the Space Channel first came out here in Canada. I dont remember too much of it but I remember thinking it was pretty cool at the time.

Uta Kata - Something I dont think I ever would have noticed or heard of had it not been for a buddy of mine pointing it out to me. Never thought I'd really get into a "Magical Transforming Girl" type series untill I watched this a few years back. Was much better than I expected.

Gall Force Trilogy - Eternal Story, Destruction, and Stardust Memory - Saw the first one, Eternal Story also way back around when the Space Channel first came on here. Have them all on DVD now. Most reviews I read of it rate the movies as mediocre, but I personally love them, especially the first one.

Sexy Commando - Have only seen a bit of this show so far but its freakin hilarious. Again, never would have heard of its existance had it not been for that same buddy that pointed out Uta Kata too me.

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokoro-chan - Another off the wall insane and hilarious show. Found out about this one from the AMV Hell anime music videos.

Figured I should add Uchu no Senshi The 1980s Starship Troopers OVA's to the list. By far the most rare title I could think of or ever sought to watch. Was only able to because some group got there hands on a laserdisc version and actually subbed it.
Icehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 12:34   Link #158
Dxon
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by War_Lord View Post
Hmm let's see:

-Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer: The first anime show I watched that had nudity. Awesome fight scenes for it's time.
-Okusama wa mahou shoujo: A mature magical girl? Priceless...
-Uninhabited Planet Survive: A compelling story about children stranded on a deserted planet. Everyone should watch this one.
-Battle Programmer Shirase: A super hacker with a pedo complex, what's not to like? Too bad a second season never happened.
-Dragon Half: a silly comedy about a half-human, half-dragon girl in her quest to look more human. Unfortunately there was only two episodes. A damn shame cause it was so good.
-Alien 9: Story's about 6th grade girls fighting aliens that try to take over their school. They fight using symbiotic alien helmets that feed off of their hosts.
-Battle Angel Alita: One of my favorites, unfortunately they made only two episodes. At least I get to enjoy the manga.
Those are rare. I looked around for them and found nothing yet. And according to your info about them.. THEY SEEM TO BE AWESOME!!

Where can I find them?
Dxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 18:11   Link #159
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dxon View Post
Those are rare. I looked around for them and found nothing yet. And according to your info about them.. THEY SEEM TO BE AWESOME!!

Where can I find them?
Well some that you list are actually on AnimeSuki. Others can be bought through Amazon. You'll find them if you really want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninhobbit View Post
All kidding aside, I second the mention of Dragon Half. I just brought it up on another thread too. It was hot stuff when it came out (VHS, baby), but then seemed to fade into obscurity. So is it 'rare', or just forgotten?

Watashi no Tamagoyaki FTW.
Way back then everybody saw that show. It's just forgotten. And yes, "Watashi no Tamagoyaki" is probably the best ED ever made. I will never forget it. Sadly I can't find a version on youtube that has the karaoke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
Has anyone ever heard of Ultimate Teacher? Strange stupid stuff I bet almost noone knows.

Or Lily C.A.T.? One of the first animes to be officially subbed into german back in the 90s.

Who has watched the really bad Urushihara-Anime Legend of Lemnear or enjoyed the visual splendor of detailed nip...eyes in Plastic Little?

And about the newer stuff, Tideline Blue doesn't seem to be much known as well as Demonbane.
Ah, good memories. Though I can only about Plastic Little.

Old 2008-02-28, 18:46   Link #160
Amray

Kiddy Grade was a hard Anime to buy, I could not find that anywhere. Then I found one brand new and sealed boxset left on Ebay that some Anime shop were selling so I got that one.

Not sure if its rare in the US but it certainly is here. But their were complaints made about it in some other countries because Lumičre had the appearance of a 10 year old and was shown in a sexual manner, Ha as if I would care, I fell in love with Anita King. XD

But anyway I'm glad I found it and now own it. I still need to watch it though.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote