AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

View Poll Results: Durarara!! X2 Ketsu - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 2 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 50.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 12.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 12.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-02-24, 16:34   Link #21
Ginevra

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
I am not using just as adjective there.
And Izaya has huge complex over people that are special since day one.
His all "I love human" is just a self induced delusion to make himself look away from his own longing of those that are "special".
Thanks for your opinion, it's very unusual and interesting. I love seeing other people's perpectives on Drrr characters, especially so different from my own.

I personally think that Izaya is far beyond the psychological norm: he has unhealthy motivations, can't form attachments and relationships, views people like tools, etc. And because he is so hollow inside, he tries to make up for his emptiness with external excitement, which leads to a neverending cycle of messing people's lives up. I think he hates anomalies because he doesn't want to face this empty part of himself that is deficient and less than human. So basically he projects it on others and hates it in others.
Old 2016-02-24, 16:58   Link #22
jayyorihara

Durararax2

Would 'Watching The Sunset With Orihara Izaya' be only a light novel, or will it be its own anime?...
Old 2016-02-26, 08:06   Link #23
Ginevra

I don't think anyone knows yet. But it's not like absolutely everything that Narita writes is going to be animated for certain. So I wouldn't hope too much. Besides, are these new Drrr seasons even popular? Not here, apparently, even the forum isn't lively.
Old 2016-02-26, 11:35   Link #24
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post
I don't think anyone knows yet. But it's not like absolutely everything that Narita writes is going to be animated for certain. So I wouldn't hope too much. Besides, are these new Drrr seasons even popular? Not here, apparently, even the forum isn't lively.
It's not popular anywhere, even in Japan. The very first season sold around 20k per volume, the latest barely managed to reach 3k.