AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-04-06, 20:14   Link #7921
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Elfman's counter was an excellent one, which leveled the playing field. A turtle defense with a spiked shell. And to think that drunken fist uses the fact that getting drunk also ups your pain tolerance as well...those spikes must have been killer.

This makes the second win Elfman's made over a superior opponent. First Sol of Phantom and now Bacchus of Quatro 'Puppy'. And on a sidenote, freaking sweet how Ever never gave up hope and even encouraged Lisanna (his own sister!!) that Elfman would pull thru for them. And lol at Ever strangling Fried as she got caught up in the fight. XD They make an awesome couple.

And yeah, when I saw the movie female, I was like ... Zeref's a GIRL!?!? ...and a hawt one too... o.o

So there are Three factions at work here, or is Ivan using the Royal Guard guy to make a ploy...

EDIT: ...with all those pictures of Lucy for the cover page...I get a very very ominous feeling from them...it's like a farewell collage...
Old 2012-04-06, 20:20   Link #7922
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Spoiler for ch 278:
I don't get why people keep blaming Zeref for things. Now the baddies in here might have said something about him, though I don't remember. Chapter if it is true please.

but yeah, he doesn't seem like a bad guy, maybe an anti-hero. He seems really nice to me. Just bad groupies

About why they would want Lucy to the response above, well, they want a celestial mage. For now, Lucy is the only one there, as far as we know. She's the most famous even if she isn't with her vanishing for 7 years. And she has the most golden keys.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 20:48   Link #7923
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Elfman is awesome... if it's about battle of guts and spirit, there's no way Fairy Tail will lose..
great chapter! some of Charle's premonition is also showing up
Wendy is back.... yay!
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 22:38   Link #7924
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Think it's been rather obvious for some time that Lucy would play a rather big part in the bigger picture.
First is Lucy's mother, with her death on the same year the dragons disappeared that screams big plot point.
Then with Lucy revelaing her mother had told her something of the one magic or whatever it was, spells even more probable doom and gloom for Lucy.
You could possibly chalk up the other stuff like how she's in with the big crowd of CS, I mean she's in the Celestial King's good books, thats def gotta count for something.
Was always on the table that Lucy would play a big part in the story somewhere, just didn't think it would be till now it's been a rather long wait....albeit nothing compared to One Piecel.
Oh, I knew she'd play a part in the overall plot; just didn't expect her to stand out in this one. We know those things, but I didn't think they had much to do with what those tournament guys are planning. Why would they want Lucy?

Although, I'll hope that the reason has something to do with the overall plot. I like FT's background plot, but I almost feel it has been a bit too slow in unraveling, so it would be nice to see things picked up a notch. I don't want a 10-20 year manga...
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 01:08   Link #7925
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

I didn't get to see Erza VS Bacchus but really ...
Bacchus VS Elfman was unbelievably interesting and awesome!!

and btw /heh

DID ANYONE NOTICE EVERGREEN'S UTMOST CONFIDENCE OF ELFMAN'S VICTORY DESPITE HIM BEING OVER POWERED IN THE BEGINNING?

I spy cupids little eye. That didn't make sense.. but anyway.

The 'villains' in this chapter were pretty much a joke -.- I mean if your gonna abduct someone how can u do so so half-ass-ed-ly. Its almost as if they were there for comedic purposes. And does this mean Raven Tail has nothing to do with the 'whatever-in-hell' plan is gonna happen and their genuinely here just to take Fairy Tail down? ;3

Quatros Puppy <3

And the best part of the Chapter for me was Bacchus saying "Your really a Man" to Elfman after he was defeated. That symbolizes a lot with Elfman's man man man man man thing going on.
Old 2012-04-07, 01:13   Link #7926
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

lolinapping + cat and old woman

I wonder if the game will be interupted midway
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 02:20   Link #7927
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I've been wondering, since Elfman can transform into different Beast creatures, and Lisanna can transform into different animals, does Mira have other transformations representing the other demon lords/deadly sins? Lucifer (Satan)/Pride is covered, so that just leaves six.
Old 2012-04-07, 03:55   Link #7928
blewin

oh.. I never guessed the target was Lucy rather than Wendy. The convo between the captors is hiliarous....

wonder what they need Lucy for, and who those people are. This has got nothing to do with Zeref right? Why is everyone saying "Zeref's group"?

good to finally see a FT victory. Since that guy lost to Elfman, I doubt he'd have been able to put up a fight against Erza.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 04:23   Link #7929
Jellal
Anime Critic

I have a feeling that this is going to be the first arc which must be split into two.
Considering the 7 year time span and the fact that most, if not all characters have being re-united into this one arc, just screams something catastrophic will occur. Pitting everyone with one side against the other.

I'm betting that sting/rogue have more to this, then meets the eye.
In the end however, I assume they will rescue lucy due to the respect they have towards their respective FT peers.
Jellal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 06:41   Link #7930
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
wonder what they need Lucy for, and who those people are. This has got nothing to do with Zeref right? Why is everyone saying "Zeref's group"?
So far its only been said that they were looking for a 'Stellar Mage'.

The Squadron Chief Arcadios commented somewhere in the middle of Lucy & Flare's fight during the Grand Magic Games that his supposed "Plan" is about to be "complete'' and asked for ''Lord Zeref to wait a while longer''.

So its not unreasonable for people to assume that the Chief is another one of Zeref's fanboy's and thus is known as 'Zeref's group'.
Old 2012-04-07, 09:15   Link #7931
NightMare_Hibari Kyo
Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
lolinapping + cat and old woman

I wonder if the game will be interupted midway
let me just tell u one thing my friend , in any shounen anime or manga there is a rule ...TOURNAMENTS WILL NEVER BE FINISHED ! 100% it will get interrupted even tho i wanna see natsu + gajeel beat the 3rd generation dragon slayers !
NightMare_Hibari Kyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 09:18   Link #7932
NightMare_Hibari Kyo
Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
I've been wondering, since Elfman can transform into different Beast creatures, and Lisanna can transform into different animals, does Mira have other transformations representing the other demon lords/deadly sins? Lucifer (Satan)/Pride is covered, so that just leaves six.
oh intresting ! mira is one of my fav's i hope after the practice she has a new demon transformation hopefully!!
Old 2012-04-07, 09:18   Link #7933
Aqua Knight

Also now chapters are much longer than before.
It's pleasing.
And yeah Elfman - THE MAN!
Old 2012-04-07, 09:42   Link #7934
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
good to finally see a FT victory. Since that guy lost to Elfman, I doubt he'd have been able to put up a fight against Erza.
Can't really agree here. Elfman won because Bacchus was a hand to hand mage who couldn't pierce through Elfman's armor.

Erza has nothing like that. Her and Bacchus fight would be a fight of actual skills which would be tough.

Am not saying that Elfman is stringer than Erza, he is not even stronger than Bacchus. The battle was purely based on smartness and over all toughness. Without togh skin he would be dominated. However, if Bacchus were not using hands in his fights, he would've dominated Elfam power wise even with the lizard skin.
Old 2012-04-07, 10:28   Link #7935
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Satan represents the sin of wrath. Besides, "Satan Soul" is just the name of her brand of magic, not the form she takes. Judging from the manga alone, we wouldn't know the name of Elfman's primary "Beast Soul" transformation that he used before this chapter (though the anime calls the monster he took over "The Beast", which I assume is what his form would be called).

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 11:07   Link #7936
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

The monster that he defeated and gained the form of was called 'Beast King' or simply 'The Beast'. I think that calling it 'Beast King' would be better, if we had to give it a title. Or it could just be his 'default' mode if he uses a Full-Body Take Over.
Old 2012-04-07, 11:37   Link #7937
Jaieni

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightMare_Hibari Kyo View Post
let me just tell u one thing my friend , in any shounen anime or manga there is a rule ...TOURNAMENTS WILL NEVER BE FINISHED ! 100% it will get interrupted even tho i wanna see natsu + gajeel beat the 3rd generation dragon slayers !

I'll just put Yu Yu Hakusho right here...
Jaieni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 13:58   Link #7938
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
Also now chapters are much longer than before.
It's pleasing.
And yeah Elfman - THE MAN!
Well i think just this chapter was longer.

lol in that first page for the movie, i thought that girl was Zeref and I was like "Zeref has brown hair now and a red robe!"
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 15:39   Link #7939
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

"He drank alcohol!!"
"Here he comes.."
"He is serious now!"

The author of this manga never had a sip of alcohol in his entire life!
Old 2012-04-07, 17:10   Link #7940
NightMare_Hibari Kyo
Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaieni View Post
I'll just put Yu Yu Hakusho right here...
ooo slipped away from me i saw yu yu hakusho before even DBZ so 10 years or so not sure i had in mind DBZ + Naruto where they both stopped half way but really u dont think the tournament will stop half way ? i think when they kidnapped or as they say lolinapped wendy its already decided at least thats what i think for now

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen