AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

Old 2009-06-06, 20:34   Link #181
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makketsai View Post
Whats mean the Series name Kanon ? means that simply anyting?
Kanon is actually a wonderful song on an instrument. Very soothing and peaceful, then towards the end a crescendo builds up along with the other complementary instruments providing an ambience-like nature surronding while you listen to it. The piece itself is simply beautiful, reminds me of a blossoming flowering during the Spring season. Anyhow, the terminology of Kanon is pretty relative to other notations of music. For instance, as a previous user mentioned: Nocturne, Waltz, Lullaby, Fugue, Toccata, Sonata, Sonatine, Serenade, Concerto, and Etude etc.
Old 2009-07-08, 18:15   Link #182
Gibber

I just recently finished Kanon and it was very good but I just want some clarifications:
1) So who was the Ayu that Yuuichi and everyone else was seeing? Why did she show back up when Yuuichi woke up by tree?
2) The Makoto that revives at the end of ep10, who is she?
Gibber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 17:47   Link #183
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibber View Post
I just recently finished Kanon and it was very good but I just want some clarifications:
1) So who was the Ayu that Yuuichi and everyone else was seeing? Why did she show back up when Yuuichi woke up by tree?
We don't know for sure. Some people think Yuuichi was hallucinating her, which is complete bull because everyone else saw her as well. Others think that Ayu created a solid astral projection of herself using the town's magic. Another group thinks that whatever supplied the town's magic did it independently of Ayu to get Yuuichi to wake her up. It would have been really helpful if the anime said whether or not the Ayu who was in the hospital had the memories of the Ayu that was running around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibber View Post
2) The Makoto that revives at the end of ep10, who is she?
She didn't revive. That scene was to illustrate what Yuuichi would have wished for if he could have a miracle.
Sute443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 08:25   Link #184
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I just finished Kanon about five minutes ago and I had similar questions but this is what I thought.

With Ayu and who exactly was with Yuichi and the others for the most of the story, wasn't it narrated with something along the lines of "the girl who had waited so patiently was rewarded"?

I would have seen that as a miracle in it's own that she was allowed to see Yuichi; even if it only seemed like a dream to her but what if it actually happened and she retained her memories of it.

As at the end of the series Yuichi is telling Ayu that Shiori, Nayuki, etc. are waiting for her and she seems to know who all these people are and they know who she is.

Overall an alright story. I didn't find it all that sad as everyone claimed it would be when I started it, but it was worth watching.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 02:58   Link #185
KoiNoDensetsu
今日、海をみた。もう恐くない。

I'm not sure if this has been answered yet, but what are the differences between the two anime adaptions? (I've only played the game, so I wouldn't know)
KoiNoDensetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 13:30   Link #186
XGeneral2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoiNoDensetsu View Post
I'm not sure if this has been answered yet, but what are the differences between the two anime adaptions? (I've only played the game, so I wouldn't know)
I haven't watched Toei's 2002 version, so I'm not too sure, but I think the three main differences are:

1. KyoAni's 2006 version is twice as long
2. 2006 has higher quality animation
3. 2006 stays more faithful to the game

I presume that there are also differences in scenes, one version may have scenes that the other may not, etc. I think a more knowledgeable person can better answer your question.
XGeneral2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 08:46   Link #187
mammothb

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoiNoDensetsu View Post
meeting shiroi:
2002: first day of school
2006: second day of school (though he saw her on first day, but talked on second day)

meeting makoto:
2002: after second day of school
2006: after first day of school

lost wallet:
2002: suspects makoto due to the pranks she pulls
2006: didn't occur

mai:
2002: eats lunch with her alone after dog incident
2006: eats lunch with her and sayuri, dog incident was part of sayuri's memory?(not too sure)

mai's window incident:
2002: called by student council before makoto arc ends
2006: after makoto arc ends

movie with ayu:
2002: near the end to bring them closer together
2006: during makoto arc for comedic effect, part of yuuichi's flash back at the end of series

makoto's job interview:
2002: didn't happen
2006: happened

akikio falls ill:
2002: before the dance ball, together with piro before makoto arc ends
2006: after makoto arc ends, while ayu stayed at yuuichi house

makoto works in nursery:
2006: happened

makoto runs away from home:
2002: found her in shopping district then went to hill
2006: found her at hill

preventing mai from getting expelled:
2002: sayuri joined council
2006: yuuichi made up some excuse about it being a special event of the ball with help from kitagawa

resolving shiori arc:
2002: before makoto arc ends and right after mai arc, spends a whole day with her after finding out about her conditions from kaori
2006: spends an entire day with her before hearing from kaori, then spends a week of normal school life and a birthday party to help her being recognised as a younger sister, finally spends time alone with her until clock strikes 12 and her birthday arrives.

annual track meet:
2006: happened to cheer up yuuichi about shiori

ending:
2002: Mai and Sayuri have graduated, akiko not recovered, Nayuki and Yuuichi have not made up, yuuichi transfers, nayuki sees ayu's ward in hospital(i think)
2006: mai, sayuri graduated, akiko recovered, shiori returns to school healthily, yuuichi and nayuki made up, yuuichi finds out about ayu in hospital, and finds red headband and ayu wakes up.

and basically the second half of the ayu arc, the 3 promises thing, i hope i didn't make any mistakes
mammothb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 01:18   Link #188
mammothb

i have rewatched the series and have some question about the series.

1) What is Mai's power? her fragment said hope, so basically it's she hoped her mom can live so she lived?

2)who is shiori walking with in episode 1? it's not kaori since she appeared with kitagawa later to greet yuuichi and nayuki.

3) why didn't makoto wan to touch the cat at first? from her expression it's as if she has some fear about touching it.

4) why did makoto return to find the cat in the end?

5) why didn't akiko say anything and just accepted the astral projection of ayu? the nurse at the hospital too. is astral projection a common thing in that town?

5) Does sayuri know about Mai's power? before she got attacked, i know she is suspicious of what she was doing in school at night, but what about mai's power of reviving people?

6) mai said ayu is strong and she is waiting unlike herself, did mai mean that she didn't wait? in what sense?

7) did shiori slit her wrist in the end? or did she stop after laughing at yuuichi and ayu? cuz she contradicted herself by first saying she slit her wrist once, and then said that she stopped herself after laughing at the two of them:/

8) how come the fox makoto appeared when yuuichi fainted in the snow?

9) what was ayu's final wish? after yuuichi said he will never forget her.

10) how come ayu know that the colour of the hairband is red? when yuuichi didn't give it to her?
Old 2009-11-03, 01:14   Link #189
XGeneral2000

Spoiler for Lots o' things:
XGeneral2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 02:15   Link #190
mammothb

nayuki asked yuuichi in one of the episode if he remember the place. she asked him at the road by the river. what was the importance of tat place? or was nayuki just asking the place(town) in general?
Old 2009-11-12, 08:22   Link #191
pankzman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammothb View Post
nayuki asked yuuichi in one of the episode if he remember the place. she asked him at the road by the river. what was the importance of tat place? or was nayuki just asking the place(town) in general?
I think it's the latter maybe...
She simply wanted to ask whether he remember the 7 years before.
pankzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 07:25   Link #192
hikikomorisketch

I wonder what's inside that jam.
hikikomorisketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-27, 00:54   Link #193
mammothb

haha, watever it is, imagine it's effect with sanae's bread
Old 2009-11-27, 01:12   Link #194
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammothb View Post
haha, watever it is, imagine it's effect with sanae's bread
Episode 8 of Clannad: After Story is your answer The "Special" jam makes a cameo appearance combined with Sanae's bread which ended up knocking out about 12 people on the first bite

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-27, 03:57   Link #195
mammothb

oh it was the same jam? i din't realise it though:/ but i spotted the large anteater thing in clannad XD
Old 2010-01-08, 12:55   Link #196
raduccio

Hi guys, I just finished watching this series and I loved it. But there are a few things I didn't understand that bothered me.
1. About Makoto... what happened at the end of episode 10 (I think) after Yuichi sais 'I don't even have to think about it' ?
2. About Ayu. Where did she go when she wasn't with Yuichi ?
raduccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 20:32   Link #197
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by raduccio View Post
Hi guys, I just finished watching this series and I loved it. But there are a few things I didn't understand that bothered me.
1. About Makoto... what happened at the end of episode 10 (I think) after Yuichi sais 'I don't even have to think about it' ?
2. About Ayu. Where did she go when she wasn't with Yuichi ?
1. That was a fantasy scene. If Yuuichi had a wish, that was what he would have wished for.
2. Never answered. She is obviously able to exist outside of his immediate presence (reference: interactions with Akiko , Nayuki, and the taiyaki vendor when Yuuichi was not around), but we don't know where she goes. My hypothesis is that either she would fall into the dream at some point and not notice anything wrong or else she'd be continually distracted by her search and never reach home or school.
Old 2010-01-10, 11:36   Link #198
raduccio

Thank you for the answers! There is one other thing that bothers me.

What happens in episode 22 or 23 when Yuichi is lying on the snow and we see Makoto cover him ?
raduccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 13:55   Link #199
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by raduccio View Post
What happens in episode 22 or 23 when Yuichi is lying on the snow and we see Makoto cover him ?
A miracle. Probably fox-based. What? Kanon is about miracles.
Old 2010-02-28, 01:30   Link #200
DasDingus
Dango Daikaizoku

How did the real Makoto know who Yuuichi was? We see two short flashbacks of her with little to no explanation of who she is and then she shows up and somehow recognizes Yuuichi. Then she just leaves the storyline as fast as she entered with little to no explanation. What gives?