Go tell Aunt Rhody...

Everybody is...
Everybody is...
Everybody is...

...Dead.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Quote:
Resident Evil 7 biohazard Ushers in a New Era of Fear

Horror fans all have one thing in common: We live to be terrified. Capcom has heard fans’ masochistic cries for a Resident Evil game far more terrifying than anything that has come before it. Resident Evil 7 biohazard is the harrowing homecoming you’ve been waiting for, and it’s coming to PS4 (with the full gameplay experience also available via the included PlayStation VR Mode), Xbox One, and Windows PC (Steam and Windows 10 Store).

Capcom announced Resident Evil 7 biohazard, the next major entry in the famed Resident Evil series, today during Sony’s press conference at E3 2016 in Los Angeles, California. While Resident Evil 7 draws from the series’ roots of atmospheric survival horror, it also delivers a whole new level of terror. In the classic Resident Evil games of yesteryear, players braced for fear in the first-person via the creepy door-opening scenes, and Resident Evil 7 ramps up that tension with an immersive first-person view and a photorealistic graphical style.

Capcom is able to achieve a shocking degree of visual fidelity thanks to the new proprietary in-house RE Engine that includes VR oriented tools. Last year’s “KITCHEN” tech demo for PlayStation VR was in fact built on this new engine as well. With the RE Engine plus industry leading audio and visual technologies, you experience every abhorrent detail up close and personal in Resident Evil 7. Playing the game in the PlayStation VR Mode escalates the unsettling feeling of presence to a level that horror fans have never experienced. That’s right, the full gameplay experience is available in the included PlayStation VR Mode from beginning to end. No Resident Evil you’ve ever survived could prepare you for this.

Of course, a horror story is only as frightening as its setting, and Resident Evil 7 pays tribute to the franchise’s origins on this front as well. Resident Evil 7 is set after the events of Resident Evil 6, taking place in modern day and revolving around a foreboding, derelict plantation mansion in rural America. Players must explore and survive the horrors within the mysterious, sprawling estate.

Courageous PS4 owners can get a taste of this exciting new chapter of the Resident Evil series by downloading the “Resident Evil 7 Teaser: Beginning Hour” demo. This free demo of Resident Evil 7 is available exclusively to all PlayStation Plus subscribers at this time, and offers a sense of the intense and terrifying experience awaiting you. We don’t want to spoil your time playing Beginning Hour by offering too many details, so start your download now and prepare to face your fears.

Pre-orders for North America via the PlayStation Store are available starting today and come with the exclusive Resident Evil 7 dynamic PS4 theme. True survivalists who pre-order the Standard or Digital Deluxe version of Resident Evil 7 will receive the Survival Pack, which includes an early unlock to the hardest difficulty mode as well as a special item set when the game releases. Pre-orders for Xbox One and PC will be available soon.

The Resident Evil saga started 20 years ago with the launch of the 1996 original, and this exciting new evolution makes now the perfect time to be a fan. Experiencing the exploration and immersive atmosphere in the new, unnervingly intimate first-person view of Resident Evil 7 is guaranteed to be the stuff of nightmares when the game releases for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on January 24, 2017.
Quote:
The Resident Evil 7 demo currently available on PS4 for PlayStation Plus subscribers isn't actually part of the full game.

Capcom confirmed this to Eurogamer earlier today, where it was also confirmed that the full game will star a different lead character than the man in the demo.

The studio noted that Resident Evil 7 has been in development since 2014.
Geoff Keighley Interview with Mike Lunn from Resident Evil:

Images
Easy Allies gif
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-16, 03:54   Link #2
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Played the demo yesterday. Had to change my underwear after 5 minutes in.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-16, 06:53   Link #3
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

From what I've understand, the puzzles for the demo are similar to the highly obscure types in PT. This time there are at least 3 different endings we know of.
Old 2016-06-16, 07:05   Link #4
ShifuGamer

Tried the demo, scared the shit out of me.
ShifuGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-16, 08:34   Link #5
Sixth
Hu Tao

This is not resident evil to me. More like P.T.

Capcom, what had you done?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-16, 14:25   Link #6
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Capcom, what had you done?
They've finally stirred the series in a better direction. I'm so sick of the RE4 inspired gameplay. Glad they're doing something else with 7.
Old 2016-06-16, 16:55   Link #7
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Has anyone figured out what the actual use for the axe and dummy finger yet? It seems the axe is pretty damn useless to me if I'm getting welcome'd all the time

"Nothing is true, Everything is Permitted" - Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-16, 17:04   Link #8
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge Meltdown View Post
Has anyone figured out what the actual use for the axe and dummy finger yet? It seems the axe is pretty damn useless to me if I'm getting welcome'd all the time
No, nobody has figured out what those items are for, yet. Nobody's actually beaten the demo at this point.
Old 2016-06-16, 20:20   Link #9
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Playing the game got stuck on the two endings. Lurked on youtube and saw this stream walkthrough

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2016-06-17, 00:21   Link #10
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
They've finally stirred the series in a better direction. I'm so sick of the RE4 inspired gameplay. Glad they're doing something else with 7.
I would have preferred that they go for the evil within route or resident evil 1.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-17, 18:22   Link #11
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

RE1, RE2, RE3, RECV - 3rd person with fixed camera angles
RE4,5,6,Revelations 1-3 - over the shoulder shooter.
RE Survivor games - First person

So I'm not really worried about the change in camera view, I'm more worried now about the story if it's interesting enough to tie-in with the RE lore.
Old 2016-06-18, 19:02   Link #12
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

So, has anyone actually figured out is you can escape the house?
Also, 4 endings? I have only found two
Spoiler for endings:

Last edited by SuitUp; 2016-06-18 at 19:25.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-17, 07:44   Link #13
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Set within the sinister plantation house in Dulvey, Louisiana, the Baker family, including Jack and Marguerite, were residents but no-one has seen or heard from them in a while. Where could they be? One thing is clear in the latest content to be shown from the game – there’s something not quite right within the plantation. Who is the mysterious girl in the gameplay? What does Marguerite want with her?
http://gematsu.com/2016/08/resident-...er-screenshots
Old 2016-08-17, 11:45   Link #14
com_gwp

I do wish they would show us a bit more of the core gameplay than just another of the "walking around haunted house" bit.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-31, 13:29   Link #15
Sides

Finshed it last weekend. It is a good game and half way through you will see how the game and characters tie into the RE/BH universe.
Spoiler for like major spoiler:

Spoiler:
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-31, 15:11   Link #16
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Yup, Resident Evil 7 plays a lot like the classic, pre RE4 Resident Evil games. The environment is not enirely as open as RE1 and RE2, but the sense of progression is pretty similar. It's nice that they're going back to the roots with this installment. But at the same time they're doing something new with the series as well, which is the first person camera and the strongest focus on the horror factor to date. RE7 is without a doubt the scariest Resident Evil game, and it's the best of the bunch since the 2002 remake of the original in terms of quality. It's definitely in my Top 5 of the series. It's a 9/10 for me.

I'm thinking 3 > REmake > 1 > 7 > 2 right now, but it's not set in stone just yet.
Old 2017-02-07, 07:08   Link #17
Jaden

Great game, borrowed my friend's PSVR for this, which was interesting. My only complaint was that it's short. 6 hours and some, and that was mostly puzzles.

I also wish it wasn't a Resident Evil game, new IP would have been better for this...because I actually liked the whole series until now, including 5 and 6. I liked the over-the-top action, the ridiculous monsters and the high-stakes plot. I liked the co-op.

This game draws more on classic horror movies and other games like Amnesia than its namesake. It doesn't mesh with a world of blowing up tyrants with rocket launchers, villains with esper powers, and world-threatening bioweapon attacks. If this is where they're taking RE now, cool, but I'm also a bit sad we won't see any more games like the previous ones.

Last edited by Jaden; 2017-02-07 at 07:56.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-07, 08:04   Link #18
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

I didn't minded the over the top action of the last games either, but 7 was great non the less.
Atmosphere was great. Loved the classic puzzels.

It's pretty short yes, but the old Resident Evils were pretty short too (I mean there is even an achievement for beating Resi1RE in under 3 hours).

What I didn't like so much was the "Ghost Story" stuff they were doing with this... Okay they explained that one with just hallucinations and mind controle but for me RE is more about slimy monsters and mutating people.
Sadly it also suffers from what I call the "taking stuff away" effect. What I mean is... compair the controls of RE6 with the controls of this game... I actually missed the ability to slide around and roll out of harms way at first.
Oh... and why is Ethan destroying stuff he has in his inventory? Why can't he just put stuff on the ground like in the old games? And why can't he combine something on the ground with something in the inventory? I disliked the "we have boxes now... SO FRIGG'N USE THEM IF YOU WANNA KEEP STUFF!" approach.

Well I'm sure we still get some more action like REs. There could always be a spin-offs like the Revelation games.
Old 2017-02-23, 05:28   Link #19
InvaderBen

How different does this game feel when playing it with VR? From what I've seen so far, the game does not seem to be scary at all. Or maybe it's just that I didn't quite get into the first-person perspective and gave up after a few minutes.
InvaderBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-23, 17:54   Link #20
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Hm... it's not a very scary game tbh (But REs never really were that scary). It has a few suprising jump scares and the boiler room made me heart race when I entered it the first time. But the atmosphere is more about disgust then scary I guess. With all the mold and rotting food and stuff.

Don't know about VR I must admit. Heard it's a lot more atmospheric then just normal monitor gameplay.