AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-10-27, 08:37   Link #41
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Why does this series keep forcing Erina down out throats when Megumi is obviously the best girl???
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-27, 18:50   Link #42
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
Why does this series keep forcing Erina down out throats when Megumi is obviously the best girl???
Give Erina a few episodes this season. She's not nearly what she was when the series first starts.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-28, 20:54   Link #43
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

BAMBOOZLED! Not only I thought Mayumi is gonna get more screentime, but she didn't even meet Soma.

Still, it was very interesting how that guy was imitating Soma, though how Aldini lost to him when he didn't need an entire night to mimick Soma's cooking, I have no idea.

And Erina waiting for Soma's dad? That's actually pretty sweet. Why do I have a feeling that Soma is gonna crash it though?

I actually like Kanemoto when she's NOT trying to be Taneda. I actually dig Erina with Kanemoto's usual voice when Erina was thinking of Soma's dad, and I hope she tries her own spin of Erina rather than try and be a cheap knockoff. IMO she actually really sold that end scene, and *gasp* maybe even better than what Taneda could have done.

Quote:
Must be confused, since her name is spelled Mayumi.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-31, 13:26   Link #44
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Must be confused, since her name is spelled Mayumi.
If only she had more screentime

The latest episode seemed to be very fast paced, we had this new antagonist popping out and then around 5 minutes later becomes the director.

At least that bowing scene shown in the OP and future events I accidentally read before makes sense now.

And I also suddenly became more interested in Erina's background, I thought her lack of parents was caused by the "missing parents" trope almost all series had, and that yukihira's father became the role model instead. Turns out it's something more complex and I like it
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-31, 17:51   Link #45
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

When I heard the guy had been exiled from Totsuki, I imagined him experimenting with the ultimate forbidden ingredient... people !

Turns out, he's more like chef Lucius Malfoy. Asshole, overbearing father of the protagonist's arrogant rival, wants to get rid of the plebs to only educate the people he deems "worthy". Now we expect the rise of the mudbloods .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-31, 22:10   Link #46
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Man, I had hoped for Azami to be voiced by Jouji Nakata. xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-31, 23:17   Link #47
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Because Megumi is not the main girl of this series. Sad but true.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-01, 01:59   Link #48
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Huh, so we’re gonna have a gourmet-Malfoy/Voldemort as a villain now? And Soma’s gonna be the defender of the “mudblood” even though there’s a chance that he himself is half-blood or pure-blood? And Erina is a female Draco now? Did the author read/watch too much Harry Potter when he wrote this arc?
Old 2017-11-01, 04:54   Link #49
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Huh, so we’re gonna have a gourmet-Malfoy/Voldemort as a villain now? And Soma’s gonna be the defender of the “mudblood” even though there’s a chance that he himself is half-blood or pure-blood? And Erina is a female Draco now? Did the author read/watch too much Harry Potter when he wrote this arc?
I know right ? Erina will be forced to do a shokugeki with the current director and will win, killing him in the process due to the extreme deliciousness of her food. She will also win his prized cooking knife this way. Then Souma will win it from Erina in an unofficial shokugekiin which he beats her and has her regain her senses. And then it will turn out it's really the Elder Knife, last of the Deathly Cooking Utensils, and key to defeating Azami .

Old 2017-11-01, 05:59   Link #50
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
I know right ? Erina will be forced to do a shokugeki with the current director and will win, killing him in the process due to the extreme deliciousness of her food. She will also win his prized cooking knife this way. Then Souma will win it from Erina in an unofficial shokugekiin which he beats her and has her regain her senses. And then it will turn out it's really the Elder Knife, last of the Deathly Cooking Utensils, and key to defeating Azami .
So…

Soma = Harry
Megumi = Ron
(N)Ikumi = Hermione
Erina = Draco
Takumi & Isami Aldini = Fred & George Weasley
Senzaemon Nakiri = Albus Dumbledore
Azami = Malfoydemort

You can continue the rest…

And speaking of Special Cooking Utensils, you remind me of yet another epic cooking anime/manga that is a predecessor to SnS. Ah, those were good times.
Old 2017-11-01, 21:12   Link #51
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Erina's dad is such an evil dick but he really know how to make an entrance
Old 2017-11-02, 13:17   Link #52
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I sort of understand why one or two reviewers have said that this guy made them feel sympathetic toward Erina. It's pretty clear with just one look at her reaction what his upbringing was like.

But that said, I found the timing quite ironic. October 31st, I turn this on and suddenly I meet one of the best Draculas I've seen in a long time. Seriously, I would never get within 100 yards of this guy without an iron scarf around my neck.

Anyway, I hope we're given some insight into just WHY a whole SIX members of the ELITE TEN thought it was a good idea to overthrow the current system and place the entire school under the thumb of someone like that, someone so horrible that his own father disowned him and banished him from the school permanently. Seriously, I know several of them are a little less than perfect personality-wise, but it didn't look like they were that disturbed.

Also, I'm pretty sure a good number will prefer to identify Megumi as Ginny. And even in my most perverse dreams I have never thought of a Megumi-on-Nikumi concept.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-02, 13:22   Link #53
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Anyway, I hope we're given some insight into just WHY a whole SIX members of the ELITE TEN thought it was a good idea to overthrow the current system and place the entire school under the thumb of someone like that, someone so horrible that his own father disowned him and banished him from the school permanently. Seriously, I know several of them are a little less than perfect personality-wise, but it didn't look like they were that disturbed.
I wonder if for at least some of them it's just a way to shake up the current power system and get some change. Maybe they think they can just get rid of this evil dick later, or keep him in check.

Quote:
Also, I'm pretty sure a good number will prefer to identify Megumi as Ginny. And even in my most perverse dreams I have never thought of a Megumi-on-Nikumi concept.
Hey, they're not the perfect match-up personality wise, but not the worst crack pairing I could think about either. I'm sure there's people shipping the Aldini brothers .

Old 2017-11-02, 13:28   Link #54
Ernietheracefan

Not sure if Azami is a human or a dracula. I mean, his skin is pale..

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-02, 14:34   Link #55
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Hey, they're not the perfect match-up personality wise, but not the worst crack pairing I could think about either. I'm sure there's people shipping the Aldini brothers .
Pffftt... The Aldini Brothers are easy mode. I'm sure people ship Hayama and Kurokiba (and if no one did I'm throwing the idea out there now )
Old 2017-11-02, 14:58   Link #56
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Pffftt... The Aldini Brothers are easy mode. I'm sure people ship Hayama and Kurokiba (and if no one did I'm throwing the idea out there now )
What, you mean they're not canon? I was sure those hints during the whole Moon Festival thing were pretty heavy .

Old 2017-11-02, 15:53   Link #57
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Silver ship: Fumio x Erina's grandfather.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-02, 17:15   Link #58
Wandering Soul

I would feel bad for Erina's grand father if I wasn't baffled by the utter stupidity of giving a group of students so much power that they can kick out the headmaster and appoint a new one without even consulting the old one. He pretty much had that coming.
Old 2017-11-02, 17:17   Link #59
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Yes, they should at least have a cooking duel.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-02, 20:04   Link #60
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
someone so horrible that his own father disowned him and banished him from the school permanently. Seriously, I know several of them are a little less than perfect personality-wise, but it didn't look like they were that disturbed.
Azami is Senzaemon's actual son, right? If so, that makes me wonder what Senzaemon's wife (aka. Azami's mom) is like. Maybe it's like the Zoldyck family (Hunter x Hunter) where the father is not bad but the mom is the real nasty one or the most eccentric one (that's also the case in Kekkaishi). On that note, Azami is probably the Illumi in the family .

Tags
cooking