Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-04-26, 12:07   Link #2701
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
NIER had an ever present somber-ike despair even it's lightest parts that I feel like DIF just lacks. Even terms of aesthetics and themes DIF is more about coming of age, teenage romance, power of friendship etc, that it feels a lot closer to Kill a'la Kill despite sharing the post-apocalyptic setting being inhabited by once-human monsters with NIER.
The show has actually been kind of subtle as far as the world in which it takes place but... keep in mind that these are literally the only kids in the world being allowed to come of age. I think that gets overlooked a lot, especially when people were busy forming mobs against Ichigo. Also I think the coming of age arc concluded with 15. In terms of any comparisons to NieR we're at like... ending A.

Anyway I would hope they're going to do more with the dystopian setting going forward but... I guess we'll see.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-26, 15:16   Link #2702
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
NIER had an ever present somber-ike despair even it's lightest parts that I feel like DIF just lacks. Even terms of aesthetics and themes DIF is more about coming of age, teenage romance, power of friendship etc, that it feels a lot closer to Kill a'la Kill despite sharing the post-apocalyptic setting being inhabited by once-human monsters with NIER. The melancholy feel of a time lost just isn't there outside that bit in beach episode where everyone explored that ruined town. I feel whatever comes up next the main cast will be alright because this not a story with strong sense of nihilism and sacrifice.
As far as Trigger shows go, if I had to make a comparison I'd bring up Kiznaiver more than Kill la Kill. Haven't played Nier yet, but yeah, it definitely feels like the post-apocalyptic stuff is mostly background, for now.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 00:20   Link #2703
firemagnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I think you're reaching but if nothing else it was a nice nod to Shaft.

I bring up NieR more for its theme than its tone. So far everyone in Franxx world is going through the motions of being human at best and now we've got a humanish Klaxosaur pilot.
Closer to NieR Automata, actually. There's only a very vague sense of what was, while the survivors--if they can be called that--fight against an inhuman enemy. In NieR there's a sense of what was; In NieR Automata there's just the ruins and a shallow aping of what little fragments are left as the two sides fight over the very concept of what it means to be human. Specifically, the machines are trying to find out what it means to be human while the androids, clinging to tradition and ritual, are all but human except in what their forms are made of.

Both APE and YoRHa are fighting endless wars against opponents they, ultimately, can't or don't want to win against, laboring under the idea that in doing so they can reclaim even just a fragment of the past. The brunt of this falls upon the cast, who struggle with what it means to be human and to love while their opponents show no signs of flagging and begin to show signs of a greater intelligence or purpose that leads the cast to challenge their own assumptions, eventually forcing them out into the open to challenge both sides in order to define themselves.
firemagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 01:14   Link #2704
Zangor17

No new episode this week because of a break/recap right?

Also now that we are 15 episodes in and some stuff has been connected i'm even more curious as to where the story is headed. Really interesting that some of the music lyrics actually reflect the story even from such an early point once you can see the lyrics.

but anyway, Im curious about alot of stuff from episode 1 even more now. Zero Two obviously has some connection to where the story will go but the shot where she hears the bird flap and turns around in episode 1 is an even bigger mystery to me now.
Spoiler for 02 with Klaxosaurs from episode 1:

Also the part at the very beginning that appears to be her and Hiro walking together with sakura trees in full bloom and Zero Two without horns. Wonder if this is some kinda foreshadowing, It could go any way but of the shows Trigger has done that i have seen (Kill La Kill and Kiznaiver) Trigger doesnt seem to go too harsh on endings, sure its a crazy ride to get there but neith ending was bad for the characters involved. Hope this clip pays off as a good ending and i hope we actually do get to see Zero Two in the normal parasite uniform!
Spoiler for 02 with Hiro and possibly no horns:

these scenes where also overlayed with the monologue about the Jian as well so its very interesting to go back and look at them.
Zangor17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 13:15   Link #2705
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangor17 View Post
No new episode this week because of a break/recap right?
Aye, it's Golden Week in Japan so we'll have to wait until next week.

Quote:
Also the part at the very beginning that appears to be her and Hiro walking together with sakura trees in full bloom and Zero Two without horns. Wonder if this is some kinda foreshadowing, It could go any way but of the shows Trigger has done that i have seen (Kill La Kill and Kiznaiver) Trigger doesnt seem to go too harsh on endings, sure its a crazy ride to get there but neith ending was bad for the characters involved. Hope this clip pays off as a good ending and i hope we actually do get to see Zero Two in the normal parasite uniform!
Spoiler for 02 with Hiro and possibly no horns:

these scenes where also overlayed with the monologue about the Jian as well so its very interesting to go back and look at them.
Oh hey, I completely forgot that scene was a thing. My heart, 02's face in that second screen.. :< I certainly hope we get an ending where both of them are able to smile like that! Those two deserve that much after what they've been put through.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-28, 11:18   Link #2706
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Oi, what is this special episode about? Anyone watched it yet?
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-28, 11:37   Link #2707
RDNexus

Not interested. Simply knowing there's no new episode this week is enough for me.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-28, 12:28   Link #2708
Sacredus

Well, part with Yabuki was good and anime director at end is worth to check, other than that it's just typical making off episode.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-28, 12:29   Link #2709
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Thanks~ Will skip~
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-28, 15:37   Link #2710
shadow1296

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-04-30, 04:32   Link #2711
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

So the best track in this anime , Strelizia Awakening , is actually sing in English .

Lol i thought it was some Latin gibberish .
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-30, 07:07   Link #2712
ScrewySquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
So the best track in this anime , Strelizia Awakening , is actually sing in English .

Lol i thought it was some Latin gibberish .
And its English Lyrics are Spoileriffic since they where in use at episode 1. The Lyrics are basically the plot of episode 13
ScrewySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-30, 07:15   Link #2713
SidVicious
Anime addict

This was better than a standard recap episode.
Old 2018-04-30, 11:19   Link #2714
LG-MAX 2.o

Darling in the Franxx BD Vol 1

Blu-ray - 5,202 copies sold
DVD - 710 copies sold

total 5,912 sold.

Before someone asks if it's good or bad, the minimum necessary for a series to sell for profit is 3,000 copies, more than 5,000 is considered a success for series broadcasted after midnight.

as this is the first week, it should reach 7,000 at the end.

by: http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/127007
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-30, 23:06   Link #2715
Zangor17

Like everyone else said the special is skippable unless your interested in the cast interview. The main takeaway is that some of the cast hinted at more big moments for some of the other characters, and the director said that he wanted the characters to eventually reach where their stories will take them in a satisfying manner. Also that the story began with Hiro and Zero Two and that it will end with them as well.

I really do hope that the scene from episode one with the cherry blossoms is the end of the show they deserve a good ending. For now however, I hope in the coming episodes that Zero Two finally starts properly interacting with the rest of squad 13, Especially since they will probably need to trust each other even more for the struggles to come.
Zangor17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-01, 00:09   Link #2716
SeaDoor

Been having a nagging idea about the use of the word parasite in reference to the children. So far, I've been hearing it as a designation for someone involved in operating a Franxx. The nagging idea is that parasite is actually meant by the adults as something allowed to exist temporarily and leech off the adult society in exchange for them piloting a Franxx and protecting the adult society. The children are considered foreign entities to the point of not being seen as the same species as the adults, they're parasites. The children's only hope for living a little bit longer is to reach the point in their development where they can successfully pilot and thus are allowed to be parasites for a time until they die in battle or are removed/killed by the adult society.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-01, 00:17   Link #2717
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
Darling in the Franxx BD Vol 1

Blu-ray - 5,202 copies sold
DVD - 710 copies sold

total 5,912 sold.

Before someone asks if it's good or bad, the minimum necessary for a series to sell for profit is 3,000 copies, more than 5,000 is considered a success for series broadcasted after midnight.

as this is the first week, it should reach 7,000 at the end.

by: http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/127007
wo thanks to know, now finally the "doomsayers" can stop with the "this serie is garbage and fail, the serie is without any doubts a sucess, sucess of sales and critics no matter how "haters gonna hate" and just because you don't like or it not for you taste it's means 'fail".

Now with that numbers and popularity of the show maybe they can plan a "second season"????, or it will be a full closed 25 episodes serie with start and ending where everything will be covered and no possibility for another season??

And i was thinking, since the 13 childrens are "special" almost like the nines ( at last they received the best threatment thanks to professor franxx) and they franxx are "different franxxs" like the nines, they also can get the same power up as sterelisa?? if the couples manages to improve they "love like zero two and hiro???, because remember they franxxs are like stereliza and uniques this means which maybe they can also get "power ups" as them.
Old 2018-05-01, 02:41   Link #2718
RDNexus

I'm quite sure it'll simply be these 2 cours of a story. I don't see the need to extend it further.
Old 2018-05-01, 03:11   Link #2719
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
I'm quite sure it'll simply be these 2 cours of a story. I don't see the need to extend it further.
well if the sales goes very well like really goes to 7k or even more and maybe also manga have a huge sales and the popularity and critic still good i can see they wanting to pull "another season" money is what matter in the end and a really well acceptance(huge money and cash cowl) can make peoples "change" they minds.
Old 2018-05-01, 03:17   Link #2720
RDNexus

Nah, don't believe so. Every project of Studio Trigger, so far, has run for only 2 cours.
And I think that's enough to have each of their stories told properly.